Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi (10771 Views)

Poll: with the rumour that the Fed Govt. is broke,do you believe the minister of youth on his statement that NYSC members will paid this friday?

yes,i believe: 30% (19 votes)
no,i dont: 46% (29 votes)
neutral: 22% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Nysc Releases Press Release on Delayed Monthly Allowance / Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance / Rivers State Govt Pay Nysc Batch C 2012 Their State Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Qrous(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2012
Fed.govt To Pay Nysc Members Delayed Allowance On Friday-min. Of Youth

Minister of Youth Development, Mr. Bolaji Abdullahi, on Wednesday assured corps members across the country that their delayed allowances would be paid latest on Friday.

Abdullahi gave the assurance after an outcry by corps members over the delay in the payment of their allowances.

He told State House correspondents that he had extracted a commitment from the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier-General Nnamdi Okore-Afia, that the delayed allowances would be paid by Friday.

The minister blamed the NYSC authorities for failing to explain the cause of the delay to the corps members.

He said, “The problem is that at the point that the allowances are being delayed, the NYSC ought to have come out to explain to the corps members why the allowances will be delayed.”

He explained that the delay in payments of allowances to corps members was due to the transition to a new accounting system.

In a statement by his Special Asistant on Media, Mr. Julius Ogunro, on Tuesday, Abdullahi said the delay was not unique to corps members alone adding that some civil servants in the employ of the Federal Government were also affected by the development.

Abdullahi said, “The delay in the payment of corps members allownace for the month of April is not deliberate. It is as a result of the transition to the new and better secured integrated payroll payment system, as part of government’s commitment to transparency and accountability.

“Besides, the delay is not unique to corps members but also affects some civil servants in the employ of the Federal Government.”

Meanwhile, the delay in the payment of the corpers allowance may not be unconnected with the delay in the release of money into the Federation Account by the NNPC which has also delayed the release of the April allocation to the states.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-pay-nysc-members-delayed-allowance-on-friday/

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by GoldCircle: 9:34am On May 17, 2012
yeah! I think they should have explained to the Corps member. an immigration officer also told me he hadn't been paid since March. this just shows lack of proper planning. anyway, hope they sort it out soonest.
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by daywatcher: 9:38am On May 17, 2012
They will be paying the allowanceS as result public pressure. This shows that if government is pressurised appropriately on the right issues they have to respond.
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by lynxnoon(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2012
New accounting system? . . . . YEAH RIGHT!! undecided angry
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by gregg2: 10:00am On May 17, 2012
GoldCircle: yeah! I think they should have explained to the Corps member. an immigration officer also told me he hadn't been paid since March. this just shows lack of proper planning. anyway, hope they sort it out soonest.

Our Civil Service bureacracy is terrible.
My cousin (a civil servant) once confessed to me
that 54% of civil servants earned salary for doing
nothing - from federal, states and to local governments.

It becomes a distraction when opposition politicians cash in to
castigate the president rather than blaming the actual people responsible.
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by slimchimex(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2012
Goodnews,guyz don already spend d allawi b4 payment tru borrowing....God pls save ur children..
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by freshside: 10:09am On May 17, 2012
that is the fresh air. i de laugh!
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Silva79(f): 10:17am On May 17, 2012
Yes! OccupyNYSC that was d slogan 4 over one wk on twitter. Thank God they heard us. God Save Nigeria(amen)
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by ezme(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2012
Friday right? We are awaiting bank alert
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by obi123: 10:21am On May 17, 2012
ezme: Friday right? We are awaiting bank alert

please dont hold Ur breath
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by philip0906(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2012
so u guys have 2 scream and shout b4 they pay u?
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Nobody: 10:40am On May 17, 2012
must they tell the whole world wen to pay corpers? daft government!
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by yorke1: 11:08am On May 17, 2012
I sincerely hope interest will follow suit. Money i would have used in investing since and gain good return.
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by users1: 11:26am On May 17, 2012
yorke1: I sincerely hope interest will follow suit. Money i would have used in investing since and gain good return.

Same feeling [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by solomon111(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2012
berem: must they tell the whole world wen to pay corpers? daft government!
why wont they tell the whole world?
Were you not here when the corpers were screaming to the whole world that they have not paid them?
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 17, 2012
mtchew!
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by rhymz(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2012
Heard they will be payin both april & may
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by fyneguy: 12:15pm On May 17, 2012
berem: must they tell the whole world wen to pay corpers? daft government!
lol now your bf knows when u'll get paid. .(kidding)
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by odocity: 12:28pm On May 17, 2012
F.G stop deceiving us u hv being saying dis 4 a vry lng tym dat u wil pay.pls be serious we are tired.
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by sanusimuslim: 1:22pm On May 17, 2012
In fact, I don't even know who is lying between Okonjo and Abdulahi. Haba our leaders in this country have turned the country into theater because Okonjo telling us that the federal government account is strapped that they can not pay the allowance for the corps and now Abdulahi came out to tell us that is because of the account transition system that delay the payment.
Now who is lying? I don't believe them untill see the money. But this issue of account transition system those not affect the politician it is only that are working with hunger that is affected. Naa God go catch all of you by the grace of God
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Qrous(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2012
i jus hope it is not d usual political statement said 2score cheap point......
My CDS meeting was scanty,only few corpers came and even d ones present were hoping 2hear d 'gud news'.lets wait and see what 2moro
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Blackteeth(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2012
what are all these corpers ranting about? So without N19,800 you are all gonna be dead? Does your entire life depend on just a month's allowance?
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by tchaik(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2012
gregg2:

Our Civil Service bureacracy is terrible.
My cousin (a civil servant) once confessed to me
that 54% of civil servants earned salary for doing
nothing - from federal, states and to local governments.

It becomes a distraction when opposition politicians cash in to
castigate the president rather than blaming the actual people responsible.
The guy is soo wrong!
Sanusi said 50%, your cuz said 54%; but from my own personal experience (worked there), 70% seems to be the correct one!
SMH
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 17, 2012
It's not yet uhuru, until I receive alert I won't report to my PPA.

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 17, 2012
rhymz: Heard they will be payin both april & may
if that is true, then batch B will be recieving april, may and june allawee at once....
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by ebonyfades: 2:49pm On May 17, 2012
@Blackteeth u don't av the common sense to comprehend what we corp members are going thru in other states. As a corp member I av neva spent any of my allowances but it is my right to get paid. Learn to be sensitive to pple dat av no other means of surviving and stop being a bitch! tongue

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by dandadee: 2:50pm On May 17, 2012
they had better paid on the said friday with interest or...
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 17, 2012
Blackteeth: what are all these corpers ranting about? So without N19,800 you are all gonna be dead? Does your entire life depend on just a month's allowance?
oponu aye rada
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by ebonyfades: 3:45pm On May 17, 2012
ondo_boi: oponu aye rada
oponu gba ni
Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by ebonyfades: 3:46pm On May 17, 2012
Blackteeth: what are all these corpers ranting about? So without N19,800 you are all gonna be dead? Does your entire life depend on just a month's allowance?
You are very dumb!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by Super1759: 3:57pm On May 17, 2012
Don't come here to insult yourself.we all know you are a bus conductor who managed to buy a china fone and manage to have operamini in it to browse and open nairaland account.as miserable as you are.try and leave your your papa house and go to a strange land without light and water,no road and means of transportation.after a week.you will beg for 100naira.periwinkle like you

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi by femi4: 5:29pm On May 17, 2012
Super1759:
Don't come here to insult yourself.we all know you are a bus conductor who managed to buy a china fone and manage to have operamini in it to browse and open nairaland account.as miserable as you are.try and leave your your papa house and go to a strange land without light and water,no road and means of transportation.after a week.you will beg for 100naira.periwinkle like you
ROTFLMAO!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNN 2016 Graduate Appeal To NYSC to Extend The Uploading Of Senate List / Nysc Allawee June 2019 Not Yet Paid! / Imo State B'15 Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.