Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me (2089 Views)

My Aunt Married At 39 / I Have Five Suitors And I Let My Boyfriend Know / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 2:20am On Nov 16, 2007
I'm mad angry angry angry angry angry
My aunt husband buses his daughter and my daughter after school and she stays at their house until I arrive from work. One day I asked my daughter why she didn't call me when she got home and she told me that she is not allowed to use the phone in that house and she must wait until I call. I am very angry and now this has caused a wedge between the family. Am I wrong for being upset?
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 2:26am On Nov 16, 2007
Are you talking of your daughter or your aunt's daughter? undecided
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 2:26am On Nov 16, 2007
my daughter
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 2:30am On Nov 16, 2007
Well, why don't you get your daughter her own cell phone?  Why do you entrust your daughter in an abusive environment?  It is not about being mad, it is about being a responsible parent and looking out for the best interest of your children.  You might want to find alternatives for your daughter if you feel she is not safe. I would not think twice about that.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 2:36am On Nov 16, 2007
I called my aunt and voiced my concerns and she said that her husband sometimes are too strick with the children but she would talk to him. I gave her a chance and the next day thought that it would have been resolved. The same thing happened the next day, my daughter did not call. I went out that evening and purchased a cellphone for her. The next day he picked them up and as children would do she pulled out the cellphone so that he could see, he told her he's not impressed. My daughter is 11 and he is almost 50. At that moment I decided that my daughter would not set foot into that household again. My aunt and I who grew up like sisters are not speaking now and it's killing me inside. cry
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 2:46am On Nov 16, 2007
Please, think of your daughter's safety first. You can deal with your feelings for your aunt later. I am glad you have decided not to let her into that house unsupervised. You can still maintain a relationship with your aunt. But protect your daughter first.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by Breed(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2007
Your daughter is 11 years old - fact
Your aunty's husband is doing you a favour picking her from school - fact

Outside not being allowed to call, you have not said she is maltreated.

Verdict - It is your responsibility to call to find out if your girl is okay. She is only a child.

IT IS NOT WORTH DAMAGING RELATIONSHIPS WITH AN AUNT WHOM YOU GREW UP WITH AS "SISTERS" OVER A TRIVIAL ISSUE.

Go and mend fences with her and I am sure you will all (including your aunty's husband) be laughing over this in no time.

PS
I have a 10 yr old daughter.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by OyinboNo1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
we don't know the husband, so can't judge. but surely he is only trying to be consistent in treating all the children the same? if his kids aren't allowed to use the phone, why would he want your child to do so? has there been an emergency before when he restricted the phone? i doubt it. why does your daughter need to call you? i'm sure ten years ago you didn't have a cell phone anyway. life goes on.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by londoner: 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Well, he sounds like a stingy man or maybe he has something to hide. however if your daughter went to their house daily and you want to hear from her, its you who should have called the house to speak to her, you shouldn't really expect them to fit the bill. Unless there is an emergency. However, I can understand your annoyance.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by desgiezd(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Breed:

Verdict - It is your responsibility to call to find out if your girl is okay. She is only a child.

IT IS NOT WORTH DAMAGING RELATIONSHIPS WITH AN AUNT WHOM YOU GREW UP WITH AS "SISTERS" OVER A TRIVIAL ISSUE.

Go and mend fences with her.

WORD!
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by AfricaFace(f): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2007
For God's sake , our people are so ungrateful and unreasonable.

Wait this your aunt's hubby brings your daughter from school. Do you pay him any money to be your daughter's driver , or you think you must inherit that favour from him because he is your aunt's hubby.

Now you are complaining that he doesn't allow your daughter to use his phone to call you. Do you know what it costs him to maintain the phone at home, Young man if you think your daughter is old enough to use a phone, kindly buy her one , or do always give her money to call you from a pay phone. this is not something to worry about or you call the house phone when you feel you need to talk to your daughter.

and i beleive your aunt is the funniest human beign i have ever seen , she is not presenting her hubby well. Imagine, saying she will talk to her hubby for not allowing your daughter to use the phone to call you.
That's crazy
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
In this day and age of Ipods and what nots?  Please get your daughter a cell phone.  It is no longer a luxury but a necessity for all children who can speak.  It might be have lots of disadvantages for children who like to over do things but it might make a difference between life and death someday.  This girl is almost a teenager and should be taught some form of independence and responsiblity.

Please Mr. Or Ms. Kconfused, please get your daughter her own phone.  She can at least text or flash you when she needs to.
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
I did get my daughter a cellphone but she no longer goes to the house. His daughter is 2 years older and is allowed to use the phone to call her mum when she comes in. Why should my daughter have to wait on me to call angry Often times their daughter stays with my mum and there are no such rules in my mum's house. This man obviously has control issues. I have never been a woman to lay down and accept something that a man says just because he is man- right is right and wrong is wrong. This is probably why it is so difficult for me to find a partner because I will not let a man rule me wink
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

I did get my daughter a cellphone but she no longer goes to the house. His daughter is 2 years older and is allowed to use the phone to call her mum when she comes in. Why should my daughter have to wait on me to call angry Often times their daughter stays with my mum and there are no such rules in my mum's house. This man obviously has control issues. I have never been a woman to lay down and accept something that a man says just because he is man- right is right and wrong is wrong. This is probably why it is so difficult for me to find a partner because I will not let a man rule me wink

Seems you also have control issues. There is no big deal here, your daughter is only 11 and she already has a cell phone. . . when she is 16 will you get her a PDA? The man has tried, he brings your daughter home from school and apart from the phone issue is not known to maltreat your daughter. So what is the problem?

How did you raise your daughter? How does she behave in your aunty's home?
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
Cell phones for kids have saved a lot of children from being abducted since most for kids have trackers on them.  It is okay for children to have cell phones these days from age 5.  I would not want mine to leave home without them.  Times have changed and we have to go with those changes! This is not 1950 like we would love it to be.

kconfused:

Instead of running after that "turtle man" in the other thread, don't you think as a single parent, you should pay close attention to your daughter?  If I had a daughter and I was divorced from her father, the last place I would be is in the company of a man at the expense of my daughter's well being.  I do have my needs, but my daughter's comes first.

If she is not with her father, she has no business being anywhere else.  I think you need to get your priorities right.  If you are a working mom, please look for solid arrangements for your childcare dilemmas instead of dropping this poor girl with all kinds of family members while you go on a dating spree with men you said looked like "turtles" or "beetles".
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
Again, your negative comments will be ignored. tongue
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by almondjoy(f): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2007
That is why I say you are a man not a woman! grin
Re: My Aunt's Husband Would Not Let My Daughter Use The Phone To Call Me by kconfused(f): 12:51am On Nov 17, 2007
@almondjoy- the fact that I don't encourage your arguments makes me a man What are you saying about yourself eh? tongue

(1) (Reply)

She Always Ask Me 2 Kiss Her, Does Dat Means She Wants Me? / If You Are Asked To Spend One Night With Any Nollywood Star, Who Will That Be? / Does A Good Kisser Make For A Great Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.