Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again (2425 Views)

I'm Afraid I Will Die And Find Out Christians Or Jews Were Right And Not Muslims / I'm Afraid That This Might Come To Reality. / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Nobody: 7:07am On May 09, 2017
Joey82:
Yes, i go to church, i love God, infact most of the moments i live to remember most are the ones i knelt at the alter to pray fevently to God, i like communicating with God.

On d other hand i'm into the world, i have a lovely girlfriend, loves dancing and wont live without hearing worldly music, infact the hard core raps.

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and cant seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i cant help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, cos i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i dont know if somebody is in ma kinda shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?
After you died, then there is no you anymore. You will not feel happiness or sadness, because you are nothing.

Everything has limit, even matter! Something's are special to us, because they have their limits.

You need to wake up from your fantasy dreams and start to believe in science! wink
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by akintom(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2017
Joey82:
Yes, i go to church, i love God, infact most of the moments i live to remember most are the ones i knelt at the alter to pray fevently to God, i like communicating with God.

On d other hand i'm into the world, i have a lovely girlfriend, loves dancing and wont live without hearing worldly music, infact the hard core raps.

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and cant seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i cant help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, cos i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i dont know if somebody is in ma kinda shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?

You see, the "born again" concept, is just an illusionary and esoteric doctrine, of the Christian religion.

It's a mirage. Everything you mentioned as your hobbies, are normal human behavior. Stop bringing yourself under needless guilt.

Ask Oyakhilome of the Christ embassy, he'll tell you that all those habits you called "worldly", are covered by "grace" - you can't "sin", as long as you're a born again".

in other words, you can continue in your "worldly habits", and still claim to be born again.

Two options for you:

*Continue to live your life, without any guilt (Oyakhilome's style)

*embrace the understanding, of the whole God idea and Jesus, as tales by Jewish shrine.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by paxonel(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2017
Pleaze dont be born again.
There is nothing like being born again in this era that we are living.
Rather,be a Christian.
It is far better than to be a Christian than to be born again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Apostasy And The Death Penalty / The World's Oldest Profession / Covenant University: A Xtian University Shying Away From Theological Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.