Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) (2697 Views)

Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight / Is Slavery Blessing Or Curse To African Americans / Grand Explosive Business/job Opportunities In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by Lynouttahere: 3:57pm On May 17, 2012
Hi,

This is a request for information on black U.S citizens moving to Africa (nigeria, even south africa, senegal, and other countries, ghana, etc). I have reviewed website and compared to the U.K and Asian types of organizatons, the diaspora dont fair a chance. In fact, theyll get the jobs before our own diaspora will get placement.

Can someone point out the organizations, areas, communities, cultural synthesis to support black americans, who hold graduate level educations to get back to the continent ( business, expatriation, or right of abode data that would help with moving on a Long-term or permanent basis)

Resources, business opportunities, living locations, jobs, and overall security.

Once again thank you. Any data you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by ojdollars(m): 12:08am On May 18, 2012
Are you on drugs? B.Sc Holder from US and write stuff ppl can't read? Remain in your America, we don't need half baked graduates in our Country to be employed as expertraite or whatever
Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by dasparrow: 4:53am On May 18, 2012
ojdollars: Are you on drugs? B.Sc Holder from US and write stuff ppl can't read? Remain in your America, we don't need half baked graduates in our Country to be employed as expertraite or whatever

Bros, that was too harsh now.
Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by dasparrow: 4:55am On May 18, 2012
Lyn_outtahere: Hi,

This is a request for information on black U.S citizens moving to Africa (nigeria, even south africa, senegal, and other countries, ghana, etc). I have reviewed website and compared to the U.K and Asian types of organizatons, the diaspora dont fair a chance. In fact, theyll get the jobs before our own diaspora will get placement.

Can someone point out the organizations, areas, communities, cultural synthesis to support black americans, who hold graduate level educations to get back to the continent ( business, expatriation, or right of abode data that would help with moving on a Long-term or permanent basis)

Resources, business opportunities, living locations, jobs, and overall security.

Once again thank you. Any data you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I wish I knew but I don't. Sorry.
Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by Lynouttahere: 10:17pm On May 19, 2012
Thanks for the reply, perhaps I should clarify my aim with the following:

A: This is not a forum for personal likes or dislikes related to place of birth, for there are many forums that address African-American vs Nigerians, Nigerians vs Ghanians, Ethopians vs South Africans, and so on, and so on. So, if anyone has any problems with african americans moving to nigeria, I humbly ask that you write your concerns in another post, and then link. By that end, you get to voice your opinion without wasting any reader's time. In fact, any ethnicism (same race against same race) posted will get reported to the host, and then its chain of management, leading to CEO, BOD, and legitimate authoritites - go it! Thank you for your cooperation.

B: The goal of this forum focuses on economic expansion between America and Nigeria that mainly consists of African americans who have attended the very schools that Nigerians have (honestly) been aiming to visit and undergo seasoned scholarship. In this connection, we call for qualified, disciplined, and healthy candidates to curve some of the poverty in both communities - AfAm and Niara.

C: By definition, the request for a successful tranistion aim to achieve just-that, a successful transition. To this end, it calls for a business idea, contact, capital arrangment, housing, organization, and community in Naija that supports a diaspora. For example, a reverse look would view how a nigerian (legitimately no illegally) make their way to the U.S for work or school. First there is contact, followed by a plan (housing, business, school, kids, etc), and the their is action by virtue of visa, flight, and community registration and contact.

D: In all honest, there are AFAM in niaraland making good use of capital, creating jobs, and contributing to their ancestial land, however, they are small players making it happen. This is a request to find out if any transitional services exist (by the way, if not, perhaps its a business opportunity for a pioneering niaja/afam partnership).

E: As I mentioned, there are 6 figure (U.S $) jobs advertised in Naija, however, these are asian companies paying asian workers, or western companies paying western works that could be filled by an african diaspora. if the money is coming from Naija's economy, then it only makes sense to hire, to an acceptable level, Naija diaspora (or any af-diaspora) who has the intent on keeping the money their or growing the economy.

F: Also, to address those who ask why, "I once read a study, and it claimed that it would take the wealthiest african country 20,000 years to reach the states if it soley relied on educating its people through a Harvard education based on a student visa lottery, and that, within the 20,000 year period, man kind would effectivly evolve, making the education useless. Wouldn't make sense to harness the human capital?"

G: Last point, I am not about revolution and all that stuff, let the leaders handle that; however, I have seen MBAs in homeless shelters, read of nigeria's bathing in sewage outside of Lagos key areas, and studied the economic growth reports of U.S, AFrica, and China that have clearly indicated call for the Diaspora Synthesize their talents to curb and manage the growth. Some afam are skrewed up, and some nigerian people are screwed up. Some afam should live in a new environment - perhaps living as a majority for once is better than life as a minority under pressure 24/7, especilly when the pressure is applied by one of the most powerful nations. Nigeria should invest in its own to creaate growth opportunites abroad, and it could perhaps bring about new ventures for its domestic populace. I can always give credit to the AFAM because we faced the most formidable nation, while livin within its boarders, at the same time, others coward away, and instead of supporting us, they laugh, talk, and then finally and reluctantly immitate our music, style of dress, and way of life ( not all but many - from Jazz to Hip hop)

H: Do you think we can fight a hostle government when we are out numbers, in some industries, areas, and categories as much as 100:1. I havent heard of one caribean, haitian, or south american taking on the KKK and living in the same area code - despite having the capability of returning to their homeland! It seems to me that most afro-diaspora who come to the states typically shut-up and make the money, money based on spearheaded efforts created by afam. Some days, we wonder what would happen if we all gave-up, faded away, and gave the planet what it really wants, (extinct?) Or better yet, never put pressure on the U.S democracy system to help waring states.. Anyway, I am not trying to create a debate, just trying to get foreingers to understand that powerful forces are aimed against AFAM even thought it may not be obvious.. In fact, were perplex at all the "DAM" gold, diamonds, oil, fine mineral, mountains, landscape, agricultural land, and so on , and so on , and so on, that africa has, and yet, theyll sell an arm and a leg to get here and make 30K USD... you have the capacity to control a "global resource" and your coming over here for a federal reserve driven currency! Wow....Black men make up 2 -5 % of this population, how the hell can we control and entire government!!!!!

I: have a good day, and please note, the comments were for clarity and not to start a ethnic debate or side track us. Lets get a good discussion going... yes, land, business, stocks, organizations, communities, and related topics that can help us folks ends just a little bit of poverty....
Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by 19naia(m): 10:52pm On May 19, 2012
My father got an MBA in USA in the 1970s and married my mother from the USA and then had us kids and moved us back to his home Nigeria after finding work as lecturer federal polytechnic college in his home state in nigeria,he even rose to Head of department where lectured at...it seemed even as he sat in the head office of his section,we lived an ever deepening poverty even with an america earned MBA...I bordered on malnutrition because always sick malaria and no rich diet to effectively recover my body when malaria brought me down over and over again...in fact we had to flee nigeria with help from my mothers family in USA,and the only thing we had going for us was our american citizenship....we never returned to nigeria since decades ago....My fathers problem was that his salary was more often going unpaid while still required to work to keep his position...You can get there with good job and good qualifications,but mostly the foriegn companies and nigerias wealthy private /corporate entities are more secure for reasonably timely payment of salary.....maybe its improved since my days with my father,but I've seen recent articles of salary payment issues in Nigeria...The big paying jobs are every bodys dream -and even with people gooing in droves for qualifications to be managers/directors and CEO e.t.c,those positions have a less than 1% availability and are usually favored out to those who already are full of employment and success with other companies..Even in USA,the top position go to those coming from other positions because that is where they prove thier ability to be a leader....the utmost leadership is due to the people who when they believe and know right from the start,that they have what it takes,and as such start thier own venture from nothing but time and will power,enduring a postion the same as failure(having nothing to show for much efforts)and persisting inch by inch into being president and CEOP of thier own creation..This is done by the wealthiest drop outs from university(no MBA,no PhD,e.t.c) And now so many MBA and PhD of the various fields want to work for university drop outs like bill gates,mark zucherberg,the late steve jobs and the list even includes large aerospace engineering company founders that service americas airforce and space program.......The security of our own dreams lies in our own hands....or in a more stable and secure country like USA...even the common Nigerian knows this..

1 Like

Re: How Can African-americans Successfully Transition To Nigeria: (business/job) by ojdollars(m): 11:24pm On May 19, 2012
A: This is not a forum for personal likes or dislikes related to place of birth, for there are many forums that address African-American vs Nigerians, Nigerians vs Ghanians, Ethopians vs South Africans, and so on, and so on. So, if anyone has any problems with african americans moving to nigeria, I humbly ask that you write your concerns in another post, and then link. By that end, you get to voice your opinion without wasting any reader's time. In fact, any ethnicism (same race against same race) posted will get reported to the host, and then its chain of management, leading to CEO, BOD, and legitimate authoritites - go it! Thank you for your cooperation.

@Lyn_outtahere, can you please explain the bolded part?

(1) (Reply)

8 Things To Throw Out Of Your Bag When Travelling / Meet The Richest Young Nigerian Billionaire In The US / Breaking News: Terrorists Attack On Calabar Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.