Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? (2215 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by BERNIMOORE: 3:59pm On May 17, 2012
Unfortunately today,many out of ignorance failed to heed jesus warnings as to the true religion,and how the christian church should operated.

Many claimed to be bishops,pastors or Deacons without the due course,and followers too choose to remain ignorance by blindly following these self acclaimed men of God.Many do not even knoe that there are laid down rules and criteria that 'older men of the church' must prayerfully consider before choosing someone as Bishops,Daecons, Gen.Overseers or Pastor.

But rather, an individual who claimed that he receives a call, will impose himself to be a bishop/General overseer and Automatically also impose the wife as 'a senior pastor' and she ranked superior over the men pastors in hierachy rank,and she automatically doubled with the power of 'a co signatory' to all the churches funds and bank accounts.

but then does it follow the command below?;

1 Timothy 3 :1-13;
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications of Overseers

3 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7[size=14pt] Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside[/size], lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications of Deacons

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 [size=18pt]But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless.[/size] 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[size=14pt]Their wives are not commanded to lead the church,[/size];
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
King James Version (KJV)
34[b] Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak[/b]; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

now, if you must die for a particular faith, are you not supposed to know weather its practices were in line with what the bible said.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by ijawkid(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2012
Your most correct my bro...

Women do nt fit into those qualifications.....

Never was there ever a bishop mrs or a deaconess amongst 1st century christians....

But today d reverse is d case..

Immediately a woman marries a pastor,she automatically becomes a bishop mrs or a pastor mrs....

I ask:::::
Was that ever a qualification?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2012
It's not a macho thing, but of roles.
If from the beginning, Christians believed that Catholic priests and Protestant pastors were to be men ... something has changed.
Possibly, is that marriage is preferable that the two charged tithe and not just one. It is more profitable.
In traditional Yoruba religion also invented the title of Iyaonifá (forgetting all the fundamentals)
Some say that money is the devil, but the believers will manage very well ...
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by Kay17: 10:12pm On May 17, 2012
there is a fundamental problem here; what is the authority to say the bible is the word of god?
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2012
Kay 17: there is a fundamental problem here; what is the authority to say the bible is the word of god?

Christians say the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible is a collection of stories collected and selected on the whims of the church.
I do not say that the Bible is the word of god, the Christians say.
In fact, Jesus did not form any woman apostle ...
or if he did?
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by realBerni: 12:24am On May 18, 2012
@kay 17;
Kay 17: there is a fundamental problem here; what is the authority to say the bible is the word of god?

sorry the bible is 'not' the word of your own lesser 'god',so to say, which hereinafter means that this forum may not be the right one for you.and excuse us pls.
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by BERNIMOORE: 12:32am On May 18, 2012
@ptolomeus
Christians say the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible is a collection of stories collected and selected on the whims of the church.
I do not say that the Bible is the word of god, the Christians say.
In fact, Jesus did not form any woman apostle ...
or if he did?

your quote above starts with 'christians say' which shows that you are not one, sorry the site is meant for christians, so, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. now!
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @ptolomeus

your quote above starts with 'christians say' which shows that you are not one, sorry the site is meant for christians, so, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. now!
1. I'm not Christian, or Islamic nor am I an atheist. You want to know more about me? Is my telephone number?. I clarify that I am heterosexual.
2. It is a forum of religion, and is not exclusive. So I did not keep quiet, or I'm going, let alone going to be you who take me.
3. I exercise the right to free speech, I do it with respect. And I will continue to do as often as I want.
4. Are you a fan who does not accept any kind of criticism? You solve that problem, instead of wanting to make rules for others.
5. Are you upset with my comment? Then you argue, you expose your point of view., Or shut up!
You have been very rude.
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by paulGrundy(m): 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bump
Re: What Is The Bible Requirements Of Bishops,daecons, Gen.overseers And Pastors? by orunto27: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2016
The Bible requires from them what the Constitution requires from Mr. President, The Senate President, The Speakers and The CJN.

(1) (Reply)

Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? / The Secret Of The Wealth Of King Solomon (1) / A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.