Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate (1839 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / 2015: DSS Warns Amaechi, Others Against Alleged Plot To ‘truncate’ Democracy / Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 5:44am On May 18, 2012
I've seen people wish for the disintegration of Nigeria and for a return to the old days of regional sovereignty, and to tell you the truth, I somewhat support them. I liked it when the Northern Region controlled the affiars of the Northern Region alone and the same for the Eastern and Western Regions. What we have today are polymerized groups that share a thirst for the dynamic pursuit of self-interests. Unfortunately, these interests sometimes clash against each other, thus spawning the mayhem we have now...

However, before you condemn my thread as another pro-Secession thread, hear me out.

I've always wondered what would happen were Nigeria to dissolve tonight. It certainly wouldn't be a conference in which regional leaders would placidly sign documents, draw borders, and make negotiations. These are my hypotheses as to the events that would occur:

First of all, Nigeria owes a few billion dollars in debt to foreign nations. Nigeria owed this and not Biafra, Arewa, or Oduwa. So who then would be willing to surrender their coffers to impatient European lenders? If Nigeria were to divide into, let's say three countries and no arrangements were made for the clearing of this debt, we would probably be invaded by some Western country (Oh I don't know, maybe the United States) in the name of "protecting its interests".

-Lagos would be invaded.
-The Niger Delta would be also invaded and key oil fields and drilling sites would be captured and exploited.
-Abuja would be captured.
-The United States would probably set up a new puppet government in Abuja in an attempt to reunite Nigeria and stabilize its energy imports.
-A massive battle would ensue in the Niger Delta as Western troops, African mercenaries, Biafran troops, and Oduwa troops would attempt to consolidae control over it.
-Important cities like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcout, Aba, and Onitsha would be captured by Western nations in order to "protect their economic interests".
-And finally, If all doesn't go well and perpetual fighting errupts, UN troops would invade and force peace.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 5:51am On May 18, 2012
These are just my thoughts. I'd like to hear what others think also.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by lagcity(m): 6:07am On May 18, 2012
guy u are very funny, so enugu,aba, and onitsha are now important ehn? anyway, one thing i know is that if Naija divides tonite, you can be sure of arms race. there'll crazy stockpiling of weapons becos of the tension due to uncertainty. regional leaders like Tinubu, Uwazuruike, Asari Dokubo, and Saad Abubakar (Sultan) will be having lunch and making deals with arms suppliers in Iran, china, uk, america, cameroon, niger, and benin (in fact, wherever they can get weapons).
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Mynd44: 6:30am On May 18, 2012
I wish those wanting Nigeria to break might just look at things from the OP's view.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 7:27am On May 18, 2012
lagcity: one thing i know is that if Naija divides tonite, you can be sure of arms race. there'll crazy stockpiling of weapons becos of the tension due to uncertainty. regional leaders like Tinubu, Uwazuruike, Asari Dokubo, and Saad Abubakar (Sultan) will be having lunch and making deals with arms suppliers in Iran, china, uk, america, cameroon, niger, and benin (in fact, wherever they can get weapons).

Interesting perspective, although I disagree. Let's, take a step back first. How will Nigeria actually disintegrate? What event or action will signal the disintegration of Nigeria? I doubt anyone will go on national television or radio and announce: "On this day, I declare X republic!"

If the country breaks up, what will happen to the hundreds of thousands of policemen and soldiers? I think that if three nations simultaneously appeared within Nigeria, the army would fight to hold power. The Chief of Staff of the army would probably declare a state of emergency and would move into Abuja, declaring himself the new military president of Nigeria and subsequently swearing that he would return power back to civilian hands once Nigeria is united again.

You also said that deals would be made by arms suppliers. First of all, with what currency would the deals be made with? Is it with the dead Naira or with the reborn Biafran pound? Any form of currency created by any of these nations would be nearly valueless since there wouldn't be any firm financial backing to this currency. Tell me what nation would risk its money dealing with a young and worthless currency?

Thirdly, how would any of these nations gain support or even recognition from countries like Iran, China, the United States or even Cameroun? Cameroun wouldn't rush to recognize anybody since it still fears the strength of the military government. The United States, the UK, and China (trade partners of Nigeria) would probably send aid to the military government as long as they continue to recieve their oil and their economic interests and investments are safeguarded.

Following the route of violence isn't the smartest way to go about self-determination.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 7:28am On May 18, 2012
Mynd_44: I wish those wanting Nigeria to break might just look at things from the OP's view.

Thank you.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 8:11am On May 18, 2012
The event that will trigger the breaking up of Nigeria is an attack by boko haram in the south(lagos,PH or Onitcha) this will lead to reprisal and counter reprisal killings resulting in nation wide riot in the South south, East,west and north. The military and police will be overwhelmed by the spantenous reaction. MEND and other ex- millitants will declare support for GEJ and may even invade Abuja to protect Mr President. (2) in the south east it wil be difficult to organize any sustained riot as people wil probably sit on the fence and condemn the attack using the strongest term(3) The Northern Government Forum wil meet in close door and announce their unwillingness to remain in Nigeria anymore Mr president wil respond by declaring State of emergency in the Northern states the army wil move in and crush the rioters with tanks and aerial bombardment. The Yorubas wil make some noise in the west and then keep quiet, you need more than a spontenous disorganized movement by the people to break up Nigeri.. There must be careful military strategising and diplomacy, you dont just break up a state without putting structures in place. You need consuls and ambassadors,you need a blue print, you need constitutions,you need the weaponry,you need international recognition,you need your civil services,you need your own military and police force,you need your own national anthems&currency. YOU NEED MILLIONS OF THINGS!!! A nation move towards disintegration it does not happen over night e.g today we have Radio Biafra London, we have Biafra house in washingtons and we have many well trained Igbo soldiers in USA AFRICOM to interven within 48hrs of declaring Biafra to create a buffer zone.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 10:00pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: The event that will trigger the breaking up of Nigeria is an attack by boko haram in the south(lagos,PH or Onitcha) this will lead to reprisal and counter reprisal killings resulting in nation wide riot in the South south, East,west and north. The military and police will be overwhelmed by the spantenous reaction. MEND and other ex- millitants will declare support for GEJ and may even invade Abuja to protect Mr President. (2) in the south east it wil be difficult to organize any sustained riot as people wil probably sit on the fence and condemn the attack using the strongest term(3) The Northern Government Forum wil meet in close door and announce their unwillingness to remain in Nigeria anymore Mr president wil respond by declaring State of emergency in the Northern states the army wil move in and crush the rioters with tanks and aerial bombardment. The Yorubas wil make some noise in the west and then keep quiet, you need more than a spontenous disorganized movement by the people to break up Nigeri.. There must be careful military strategising and diplomacy, you dont just break up a state without putting structures in place. You need consuls and ambassadors,you need a blue print, you need constitutions,you need the weaponry,you need international recognition,you need your civil services,you need your own military and police force,you need your own national anthems&currency. YOU NEED MILLIONS OF THINGS!!! A nation move towards disintegration it does not happen over night e.g today we have Radio Biafra London, we have Biafra house in washingtons and we have many well trained Igbo soldiers in USA AFRICOM to interven within 48hrs of declaring Biafra to create a buffer zone.

That photo was hilarious. grin

What makes you think the 19 Northern governors will say that they don't want to be in Nigeria anymore? In fact, they have everything to gain from Nigeria staying one and everything to lose if it divides.
Were mass hysteria and confusion to errupt in Nigeria, the first thing that would happen would be that foreign troops would land on our shores. I don't think Africa and the rest of the world would fold their arms and watch mass violence and uncertainty ravage Africa's biggest oil exporter.

I think the only event capable of unleashing the chaos you described would be if something happened to GEJ (God forbid)...
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 18, 2012
odumchi: These are just my thoughts. I'd like to hear what others think also.

You don't even make sense, explain why Odua troops will attempt to invade the East? Are you that paranoid?

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 18, 2012
odumchi:

Interesting perspective, although I disagree. Let's, take a step back first. How will Nigeria actually disintegrate? What event or action will signal the disintegration of Nigeria? I doubt anyone will go on national television or radio and announce: "On this day, I declare X republic!"

If the country breaks up, what will happen to the hundreds of thousands of policemen and soldiers? I think that if three nations simultaneously appeared within Nigeria, the army would fight to hold power. The Chief of Staff of the army would probably declare a state of emergency and would move into Abuja, declaring himself the new military president of Nigeria and subsequently swearing that he would return power back to civilian hands once Nigeria is united again.

You also said that deals would be made by arms suppliers. First of all, with what currency would the deals be made with? Is it with the dead Naira or with the reborn Biafran pound? Any form of currency created by any of these nations would be nearly valueless since there wouldn't be any firm financial backing to this currency. Tell me what nation would risk its money dealing with a young and worthless currency?

Thirdly, how would any of these nations gain support or even recognition from countries like Iran, China, the United States or even Cameroun? Cameroun wouldn't rush to recognize anybody since it still fears the strength of the military government. The United States, the UK, and China (trade partners of Nigeria) would probably send aid to the military government as long as they continue to recieve their oil and their economic interests and investments are safeguarded.

Following the route of violence isn't the smartest way to go about self-determination.

Okay, now this makes sense.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: we have many well trained Igbo soldiers in USA AFRICOM to interven within 48hrs of declaring Biafra to create a buffer zone.

Sure, all 7 of them will leave Fort.Briggs, Fort Devins and Fort.Dix without permission to go defend Aba. Dude, get real abeg.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2012
I have always seen this right from the day I joined NL

Infact I see strength in numbers. aka Nigeria as a united nation but with what I have seen on NL, boy o boy It needs to split so we can access our strength and weakness.
Maybe we would come back together in the future but before then, we need to get each other a rest.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 18, 2012
1- Debts: Biafra would singularly pay this of if our sovereignity can be guaranteed by the UN (I mean the 5 super powers).
2- Lagos: Don't know about Arewa but we in Biafra don't need Lagos and certainly won't invade it.
3- Niger Delta: With support from Israel and other allies, Akwa Ibom and (maybe) Cross River are safe from any invasion. Don't know about Rivers and Bayelsa(since I'm not sure if they would join Biafra). Delta and Edo were in the Western region so are no business of ours.
4- Important cities(in Biafra): See 3 above.
5- Mode of secession: Unpredictable but will almost certainly be triggered by Northerners by events such as tribal/religious attacks, opression (using their majority power in govt to swing revenue sharing in their favour, etc)etc...
6- Currency: The Biafran Pound(initially pegged to the old Naira value)
7- Foreign Support: see 1 & 3 above.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 18, 2012
kingoflag:

Sure, all 7 of them will leave Fort.Briggs, Fort Devins and Fort.Dix without permission to go defend Aba. Dude, get real abeg.
i hope you are fully aware of the conspiracy theory in international politics?the USA are indirectly trying to identify with the Biafra struggle to make up for their betrayal in 1967. Nigeria have over 250 ethnic groups yet only the igbos are entitled to join the USA army. There are certain things that can not be stated publicly e.g USA support for Biafra through recruitment of Igbos as military officers in the USA for advance Basic Training in modern warfare. in the event of another war, the USA wil intervene under the guise of protecting her interest with AFRICOM TROOPS(majority of whom are igbos!) . Such well trained men wil liquidate the rag tag Nigeria army in 48hrs of hostility. My brother if Biafra is declared this night USA AFRICOM wil land in the Delta with submarines and MiG fighters next morning. Ofcourse you dont expect America to make this plan public? Also Biafra will get the support of the EU,USA and UN because of boko haram threat to the western nations.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by CyberG: 11:11pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: The event that will trigger the breaking up of Nigeria is an attack by boko haram in the south(lagos,PH or Onitcha) this will lead to reprisal and counter reprisal killings resulting in nation wide riot in the South south, East,west and north. The military and police will be overwhelmed by the spantenous reaction. MEND and other ex- millitants will declare support for GEJ and may even invade Abuja to protect Mr President. (2) in the south east it wil be difficult to organize any sustained riot as people wil probably sit on the fence and condemn the attack using the strongest term(3) The Northern Government Forum wil meet in close door and announce their unwillingness to remain in Nigeria anymore Mr president wil respond by declaring State of emergency in the Northern states the army wil move in and crush the rioters with tanks and aerial bombardment. The Yorubas wil make some noise in the west and then keep quiet, you need more than a spontenous disorganized movement by the people to break up Nigeri.. There must be careful military strategising and diplomacy, you dont just break up a state without putting structures in place. You need consuls and ambassadors,you need a blue print, you need constitutions,you need the weaponry,you need international recognition,you need your civil services,you need your own military and police force,you need your own national anthems&currency. YOU NEED MILLIONS OF THINGS!!! A nation move towards disintegration it does not happen over night e.g today we have Radio Biafra London, we have Biafra house in washingtons and we have many well trained Igbo soldiers in USA AFRICOM to interven within 48hrs of declaring Biafra to create a buffer zone.

This guys is just delusional. You have been running your mouth here but from your picture, you seem to be an old guy who refuses to grow up mentally. Now to your laughable postulations:

1. Banish the useless thought of any soldiers be it Ibo or whatever from your mind because it shows you have no idea that US doesn't just take every tom, dick and harry into its Forces. Not only must you pass the physical tests but show superior intelligence to stupid people who will desert the US Forces to go fight in Nigeria because of tribal motivation. Point is, more than 99% of those guys know the real problem in Nigeria is not a military one, are too smart to just go and fight because it is their tribe, have a chain of command and a country and a commander in chief they are loyal to, those who have seen real war action in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc would be the least interested in a stupid war like this one. Now, FYI, I have my own family who have fought in actual wars and when they hear stupid people talk about fighting a war, they just keep quiet.

2. Just like you have Ibos in the US Forces, so do people from other parts of Nigeria and I personally have friends in the US Marines but do I expect them to surface their sub-marine somewhere in the Pacific or Atlantic and head to Nigeria to fight because of the stupidity of people who elect perpetually inept and incompetent leaders? Absolutely NOT! They are trained, professional soldiers who will not embroil themselves in the gutter life of tribalism you people live in.

3. Per chance, a few hundreds actually do fight, difference would it make? Arguably, the best and most experienced soldiers of WW 2, Germans, in their millions could not stand before a motivated, less trained armies who had majority of numbers, alliance, supply and equally trained commanders. So, think again and if you don't know that, read history and stop embarrassing yourself.

4. Finally, I see you have started talking about other regions making some noise and doing nothing. Well, history shows a total different picture if you ever did more than read fairy tales on NL or hallucination of a dog gone missing. I doubt they will even say anything to you except ask that IMMEDIATELY, the people who broke the egg leave their regions immediately. You can have your inheritance in biafra but you cannot share in their own land and prosperity - so you gotta leave immediately. Any attempt alone is sufficient to bring an alliance of every other just country to their side which will be bad for you and your ilk. Again, the entire ~28 M people (including women and kids) would need to march from the East to the West covering at least a 1,000 KM to fight in a battle they will be out-numbered, out-manned, out-gunned, out-fed, out-everything in fact maybe 20 to 1 in numbers alone. If you ever read even a single line of war tactics, you'd know that you will never make even a 100 KM into the MW before multiple pincers and forks will pierce your entire army from every side and contract them into your hinterland.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: i hope you are fully aware of the conspiracy theory in international politics?the USA are indirectly trying to identify with the Biafra struggle to make up for their betrayal in 1967. Nigeria have over 250 ethnic groups yet only the igbos are entitled to join the USA army. There are certain things that can not be stated publicly e.g USA support for Biafra through recruitment of Igbos as military officers in the USA for advance Basic Training in modern warfare. in the event of another war, the USA wil intervene under the guise of protecting her interest with AFRICOM TROOPS(majority of whom are igbos!) . Such well trained men wil liquidate the rag tag Nigeria army in 48hrs of hostility. My brother if Biafra is declared this night USA AFRICOM wil land in the Delta with submarines and MiG fighters next morning. Ofcourse you dont expect America to make this plan public? Also Biafra will get the support of the EU,USA and UN because of boko haram threat to the western nations.

Are you Okay?
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 12:15am On May 19, 2012
kingoflag:

You don't even make sense, explain why Odua troops will attempt to invade the East? Are you that paranoid?

I clearly said that there would be a battle for control of the oil fields.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 11:18am On May 19, 2012
When it happens,it is then that those who do not know will know that south-south doesnt really exist;I mean the existence of SS is not rooted in concrete.nigeria can divide into at most 4 countries.the efik,ibibio,ijaw,kalabari,isoko,uhrobo,itsekiri,bini and other tribes that make up the SS will have to choose between going with the Igbo or yoruba.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by dasparrow: 6:25pm On May 19, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: i hope you are fully aware of the conspiracy theory in international politics?the USA are indirectly trying to identify with the Biafra struggle to make up for their betrayal in 1967. Nigeria have over 250 ethnic groups yet only the igbos are entitled to join the USA army. There are certain things that can not be stated publicly e.g USA support for Biafra through recruitment of Igbos as military officers in the USA for advance Basic Training in modern warfare. in the event of another war, the USA wil intervene under the guise of protecting her interest with AFRICOM TROOPS(majority of whom are igbos!) . Such well trained men wil liquidate the rag tag Nigeria army in 48hrs of hostility. My brother if Biafra is declared this night USA AFRICOM wil land in the Delta with submarines and MiG fighters next morning. Ofcourse you dont expect America to make this plan public? Also Biafra will get the support of the EU,USA and UN because of boko haram threat to the western nations.

I am not too sure you are right about the bolded part bro. Could it be that Nigerians of other ethnicities may not be that interested in joining the american army? I know of Nigerians from other ethnic groups who are in the american army as I type.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Onlytruth(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2012
chima12: When it happens,it is then that those who do not know will know that south-south doesnt really exist;I mean the existence of SS is not rooted in concrete.[size=13pt]nigeria can divide into at most 4 countries[/size].the efik,ibibio,ijaw,kalabari,isoko,uhrobo,itsekiri,bini and other tribes that make up the SS will have to choose between going with the Igbo or yoruba.

lol, I told them that sometime ago. undecided
I don't blame them though, because most of the posters here are not educated enough, especially in international politics.
I told them that the UN and other World agencies would NEVER allow a situation whereby more than 4 (I even say 3 cool ) countries would storm them from Nigeria. My immediate hunch is that Nigeria will likely divide into THREE countries. The world bodies can stomach three countries. Some of the reasons Biafra failed the first time was because those bodies feared some of the proposals being made here. When the British was ruling Nigeria, the most they could divide Nigeria was into three. Notice that they never divided it again till they left in 1960, and things were working! undecided

Like I've said a number of times, the British are very thorough and SERIOUS people. When you read about what Lord Lugard said about different Nigerian peoples, you would see that he understood Nigeria as far back as 1914 more than most Nigerians today. He knew which group constituted a perennial problem, and which groups were serious. The amalgamation was a DELIBERATE act, not a reflex one.
So, all these people expecting to have tiny countries carved out of current Nigeria are just ignorant. It ain't ever happening. cheesy
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by kettykin: 10:43pm On May 19, 2012
I've seen people wish for the disintegration of Nigeria and for a return to the old days of regional sovereignty, and to tell you the truth, I somewhat support them. I liked it when the Northern Region controlled the affiars of the Northern Region alone and the same for the Eastern and Western Regions. What we have today are polymerized groups that share a thirst for the dynamic pursuit of self-interests. Unfortunately, these interests sometimes clash against each other, thus spawning the mayhem we have now...

However, before you condemn my thread as another pro-Secession thread, hear me out.

I've always wondered what would happen were Nigeria to dissolve tonight. It certainly wouldn't be a conference in which regional leaders would placidly sign documents, draw borders, and make negotiations. These are my hypotheses as to the events that would occur:

First of all, Nigeria owes a few billion dollars in debt to foreign nations. Nigeria owed this and not Biafra, Arewa, or Oduwa. So who then would be willing to surrender their coffers to impatient European lenders? If Nigeria were to divide into, let's say three countries and no arrangements were made for the clearing of this debt, we would probably be invaded by some Western country (Oh I don't know, maybe the United States) in the name of "protecting its interests".

-Lagos would be invaded.
-The Niger Delta would be also invaded and key oil fields and drilling sites would be captured and exploited.
-Abuja would be captured.
-The United States would probably set up a new puppet government in Abuja in an attempt to reunite Nigeria and stabilize its energy imports.
-A massive battle would ensue in the Niger Delta as Western troops, African mercenaries, Biafran troops, and Oduwa troops would attempt to consolidae control over it.
-Important cities like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcout, Aba, and Onitsha would be captured by Western nations in order to "protect their economic interests".
-And finally, If all doesn't go well and perpetual fighting errupts, UN troops would invade and force peace.

@ poster , i love your Hypothesis , it shows we still have intellient Nigerian who think .

How ever a Break up of Nigeria could trigger another struggle between Britain, Russia, China , USA , Arab world, Isreal and france . These World Powers Understand what is at stake. The Russians / Arab world will defnitely come in to stamp thier authority in the North and arm them with weapons and mercanries. the USA will Use the UN to Diplomatically stop the Humanitarian Crises that will ensue but and also be making behind the scene move to secure its oil installation.
Britain will rally the whole Europe as Usual to stop the the carnage in some parts of Nigeria. Isreal and france will follow there traditional ally the East.

Lagos Abuja and Delta will be Hot spots, where Spontaneous launch of rockets and missiles will be carried out to exert authoritarian control.
I guess the Biafrans hvae learn enough lessons not to make mistake of the 60s and will do everything to court the Camerounian , the Niger deltans and give olive branch to Benue , Kogi , Taraba and Adamawa.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 10:57pm On May 19, 2012
kettykin:

@ poster , i love your Hypothesis , it shows we still have intellient Nigerian who think .

How ever a Break up of Nigeria could trigger another struggle between Britain, Russia, China , USA , Arab world, Isreal and france . These World Powers Understand what is at stake. The Russians / Arab world will defnitely come in to stamp thier authority in the North and arm them with weapons and mercanries. the USA will Use the UN to Diplomatically stop the Humanitarian Crises that will ensue but and also be making behind the scene move to secure its oil installation.
Britain will rally the whole Europe as Usual to stop the the carnage in some parts of Nigeria. Isreal and france will follow there traditional ally the East.

Lagos Abuja and Delta will be Hot spots, where Spontaneous launch of rockets and missiles will be carried out to exert authoritarian control.
I guess the Biafrans hvae learn enough lessons not to make mistake of the 60s and will do everything to court the Camerounian , the Niger deltans and give olive branch to Benue , Kogi , Taraba and Adamawa.

Thank you very much. I just wish that people could see the truth.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by odumchi: 1:07am On May 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol, I told them that sometime ago. undecided
I don't blame them though, because most of the posters here are not educated enough, especially in international politics.
I told them that the UN and other World agencies would NEVER allow a situation whereby more than 4 (I even say 3 cool ) countries would storm them from Nigeria. My immediate hunch is that Nigeria will likely divide into THREE countries. The world bodies can stomach three countries. Some of the reasons Biafra failed the first time was because those bodies feared some of the proposals being made here. When the British was ruling Nigeria, the most they could divide Nigeria was into three. Notice that they never divided it again till they left in 1960, and things were working! undecided

Like I've said a number of times, the British are very thorough and SERIOUS people. When you read about what Lord Lugard said about different Nigerian peoples, you would see that he understood Nigeria as far back as 1914 more than most Nigerians today. He knew which group constituted a perennial problem, and which groups were serious. The amalgamation was a DELIBERATE act, not a reflex one.
So, all these people expecting to have tiny countries carved out of current Nigeria are just ignorant. It ain't ever happening. cheesy

Eze, ha na acho gi Ebe a: https://www.nairaland.com/934802/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-cultural
Ga gosi ha onwe gi.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Nobody: 9:31am On May 20, 2012
kettykin:

I like that idea of giving olive branch to benue,kogi[eastern kogi],and I have said it many times on this forum.these areas can serve as buffer zone against the core north.simultaneously,southern kaduna,nasarawa,plateau,taraba,adamawa can be encouraged/assisted to form a middle belt nation of their own which should have close ties to Biafra[or whatever the new nation will be called].the Igbos should not play any type of isolationist politics when the time comes for nigerias split.if places like benue remain under nigerian control after the split,that means the enemy is not far away from enugu.The Igbos need to collaborate and negotiate with all her next door neghbours in cross river,rivers,a.ibom,bayelsa,delta,edo so that the end result of nigerias split does not create new problems ie boundary issues,some tribes/ethnic groups suddenly finding themselves in a new political arrangement/union which they are not confortable with,which can be a big distraction and even slow down progress and development of the new nations.a typical example of that scenario is the ungoing feud between sudan/south sudan.
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by joeyfire(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2012
@ cyber G- I agree with most of what you wrote but from your No. 4 u veered off into a wankfest of gargantuan proportions. The issue is what would be scenarios in event of a break up, the issue of ppl leaving "your land" whatever that is is a foregone conclusion. However references to 28 million ppl marching to fight against the south west to claim land is childish and dumbs down the intelligent points you started
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Pygru: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bump
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by gsmcoder: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wrong, By 2015 the USA will be the worlds largest energy producer, not depending on any country.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by rej00: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
if Nigeria breaks according to region with force that is in arms struggle......not some rebels but assuming the whole east declaring biafra what would follow would be a world war. Many nigerians are myopic about the effect of break up but i bet it would unsettle international politics. Mind you china are looking for every opportunity to flex their military might and we all know china/russia are not on the same page with the us/uk and france.... Nigerians be wise
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by jamace(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
My guys are already periscoping "Option B". That's right. cheesy grin The NOSTRADAMUSES of Nairaland are talking. grin grin
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by papparatzzi2013: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
i hope you are fully aware of the conspiracy theory in international politics?the USA are indirectly trying to identify with the Biafra struggle to make up for their betrayal in 1967. Nigeria have over 250 ethnic groups yet only the igbos are entitled to join the USA army. There are certain things that can not be stated publicly e.g USA support for Biafra through recruitment of Igbos as military officers in the USA for advance Basic Training in modern warfare. in the event of another war, the USA wil intervene under the guise of protecting her interest with AFRICOM TROOPS(majority of whom are igbos!) . Such well trained men wil liquidate the rag tag Nigeria army in 48hrs of hostility. My brother if Biafra is declared this night USA AFRICOM wil land in the Delta with submarines and MiG fighters next morning. Ofcourse you dont expect America to make this plan public? Also Biafra will get the support of the EU,USA and UN because of boko haram threat to the western nations.

Another of the numerous lies of the y1bos. Only them are allowed to join Us Army!!!!! Jeeeeeeez. Why is lying embedded in this people's skull.

Before you vomit your lies, always remember that NL is not a market square, where you can lie easily without intelligent and knowledgeable people to see through your lies.

Na wa o
Re: Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate by Brimmie(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013

(1) (Reply)

War Not A Tea Party –ex-biafran Army Leader, Col Achuzie Warns / Charles Okah Writes A Troubling Letter From Prison / Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.