Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (17856 Views)

Did The 19 Northern Gov Support Buhari ? Thisday Vs Punch/ Vanguard Newspaper / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:50am On May 19, 2012
Yujin:

The simple answer is that down memory lane as far back as 1945, they have been killing innocent people without them receiving any punishment from the govt. They have this orientation that Uthman danfodio conquered nigeria which has made them the legitimate rulers of nigeria. Of all the religious crises and 1966 pogrom in the north, has any one been brought to book? Even the Buhari that made this typical northern statement, is he eligible to contest any election after he criminally truncated the duly elected govt. of Shagari? Has he given any explanation for that. An empire filled with fig leaves! However, the leaves are now dried and would subsequently be set ablaze.

Our problems in this country is too much. Really splitting is the best option. So if any leader jones, he will be directly dealt with by us. By the way, the slaughter of Southerners/Easterners/Westerners in the North is too much. These are peoples Children. We all want to live long on earth, why cut someone's life short for whatever reason. Heartbreaking. Some people are really Evil Blood thirsty traitors. Take a flying Middle (fin.ger) for all those that take the lives of evil ones. Karma will come and bite all your as.ses off.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aurenflani: 6:27am On May 19, 2012
this ur culture of hate is what pisses one off. I mean ur hatred for the truth and the worst thing is that you do not even love each other. I am talking of some of the niger delter ppls and majority of the igbo ppl.

You want to split Nigeria? Do you (ur leaders) really believed the elite from the rest of the other ethnic groups share this opinion in truth? Do you really believe by getting to the top and having your directive followed and having a few guys in charge of the armed forces gives you the opportunity to achieving that aim? Buhari is talking in his capacity as an oppsition politician and the reaction from the presidency is all politics but you know too much is going on only few ppl are seeing that and GEJ only fears a few guys and Buhari is one of them thus the twist that we see over his statement from the desperate marketers called the press but beyond all of these is the reality on ground created by the govt and onfortunately they cannot redress nor undone thus confution and desperation is writting all over their face. They brought it upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Htown64(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

Any ethnic group or section that feels too big to be governed by a man from a minority ethnic group can leave.
It is now in every groups interest to arm up, nobody will take bullshiit from anybody in the name of population or "born to rule."
Simple as 2 + 2.
listen to yourself cunt!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 8:45am On May 19, 2012
fortyfeet:
supporting buhari makes you either a BH, a sympatizer of BH or a sponsor of BH and making sectional statements now is being objective. incase you're just supporting him because you don't like GEJ, then tell buhari to end boko haram and you'll surely like GEJ. buhari's cough is enough to end BH but he won't being a saddist. quote me.
buhari is not president but you want him to cough to end boko haram? so buhari is controlling boko haram that has put the northern states on lock down yet he couldn't use same intimidation to garner 95% northern votes in the 2011 election like some other person was getting 99%votes in the south south and south east?
IF BUHARI IS A SPONSOR OF BOKO HARAM AND GOVT HAS A CASE AGAINST HIM THEN THEY SHOULD GO AHEAD AND ARREST HIM and quit spreading this media propaganda! after all terrorst from both sides (boko haram and mend) have been arrested and so far only one leader has been officially named a sponsor!
BUHARI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HE SAYS BUT HE SURE AINT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU INTERPRETE OR UNDERSTAND!

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by finguy(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2012
When will elections nt be rigged? Only when buhari wins right? Buhari shld learn to accept defeat. He is a loser and will always be and he shld stop heating up the polity. He can't even win an election against any nigerian. And am not surprised about the 19 govs remarks. Aint will always divided by our ethnic and religious sentiments, and pipu are still preaching unity. Rubbish!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Kabai: 9:28am On May 19, 2012
“The Forum cautioned eminent Nigerians against making inflammatory statement capable of affecting our fragile unity and security. We must be concerned with unity and development of the country in all ramifications.”

can you imagine these fools called Northern Govern.nores? Listen to what they said about unity in their communique, yet they support Buhari's foolish utterances. I don't know what manners of personality are made of these fools called northern leaders. Chei, God how come you put Zombies to manage the affairs of of such a blessed nation
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Kabai: 9:37am On May 19, 2012
If Buhari and his party have the opportunity to rig the elections, will he hesitate doing same? It is clear and well known to the world over, that Buhari and his party supporters killed Thousands of innocent Nigerians including CORPS members in the last successive elections when his attempt to rig the elections were frustrated. I guess Buhari is speaking for these fools called Northern leaders or the north. I can see the hand-writing on the wall. Let the north peacefully vacate this union without any blood spilled. Their God will refuse to drink the blood of the innocent ones this time, but the blood of their children and allies.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 10:15am On May 19, 2012
That governors from states like benue,plateau,taraba,kogi can still attend such meetings attest to goodluck jonathan being a very poor politician.gej is so politically tribal,poor and clueless that he doesnt deem it necessary to empower and encourage the middlebelters to come out strongly and impose their identity as middle belters on the consciousness of nigerians.whether the govnors of plateau,benue,taraba attend the meeting or not,the communique will always read ''19 northern governors'' just as a group of ijaws will attend a meeting,then come out with a communique reaading ''niger delta people''.one way of halting this penchant of core north to speak arrogantly on political matters is to empower the real representatives of the middlebelters in plateau,nasarawa,benue,taraba,kogi.these representatives are not those in senate,house of reps or state house of assembly but the leaders of tribal associations,leaders of berom,tiv,angas,idoma tribal associations and civil liberty organisations in middlebelt.these associations should be more vocal in letting the whole world know that they belong to the middle belt and they have separate identity from the core north.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by denko(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2012
I know the almighty northerner army will not stop what will happen in after Gej Tenure 2015
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by okpurukata(f): 11:16am On May 19, 2012
Thanks Beaf for openining my eyes. the battle is really for oil. Instead of the 19 fools to seek advise from Chad and Mali their desert neighbours on how to develop their regions, they are supporting Buhari for more killings. They will get what they are looking for.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 11:28am On May 19, 2012
Mumu people, the North will rule you by the nose come 2015, anyone who wants to fight should start now, there might be a Nigeria Pre-2015 presidential elections, but all we would have Post-2015 elections will be a United Fulani/Hausa Protectorate
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Yarks: 11:38am On May 19, 2012
We believe that only buhari can save this nation.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by icez: 11:44am On May 19, 2012
Yarks: We believe that only buhari can save this nation.[color=#006600][/color]

shut up!!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 11:50am On May 19, 2012
okpurukata: Thanks Beaf for openining my eyes. the battle is really for oil. Instead of the 19 fools to seek advise from Chad and Mali their desert neighbours on how to develop their regions, they are supporting Buhari for more killings. They will get what they are looking for.

That is why there is so much bitterness. Some people think that oil, "their birthright" is taking the walkies and they are fighting with all they've got; ready to kill, steal, lie and destroy.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by finguy(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2012
Let's have a confederation, the north say no
Let's give more power to state, the north say no
Let's leave together in peace nko? The north still say no

Abeg! What do you people want? Buhari and the 19govs, all the emirs and leaders of the north tell us wetin be una problem. We don tire and we want to move forward. We are tired of having to sit on the floor with you guys just because you are crippled.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ak47mann(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2012
finguy: Let's have a confederation, the north say no
Let's give more power to state, the north say no
Let's leave together in peace nko? The north still say no

Abeg! What do you people want? Buhari and the 19govs, all the emirs and leaders of the north tell us wetin be una problem. We don tire and we want to move forward. We are tired of having to sit on the floor with you guys just because you are crippled.
cool cool the northern Nigeria have an agenda and their agenda is to loot the wealth from SS/SE they will never get satisfied till they eliminate some clans blocking their way to achieve their objectives cool cool cool cool
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by slimad02: 5:15pm On May 19, 2012
All these comments are the reason why we cant have peace. The progress of nigeria is a collective issue and all tribes need to be involved. yes money is being looted by the Government, but who is the Government, it consists of all tribes in this country, yes there might be minority but positions in the FG are not monopolised by tribes more like monopolised by power i.e individuals with money. How many of you have been in kano or maiduguri or maybe kaduna to witness any of the crisis? some one in the comments above said Southerners/westerners are being killed in the north be frank my friends Northerners are also killed every where just like southerners are killed in the west and westerners are killed in the east. be wise and understand one thing we lack in the Nigerian Media, its called investigative journalism, we print 110% rubbish in our papers. i can remember a few years back in Lagos when hundreds of hausa settlers were killed or about ten years ago when my uncle was killed in kaduna while he was rushing back from abuja to keep his family safe, he was attacked at gonin gora area of kaduna. my point is we need to stop all these accusations, we keep shouting bout what the government can do for us, but what have we done for ourselves. love your neighbour no matter his tribe. he might save your life tomorrow
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by otondo55: 7:11pm On May 19, 2012
Fela Anikulakpo Kuti on Biafra. The Yoruba are not Ibo. I thought the Ibo were right. I said to myself, ‘This whole thing is a cheap, big hatch to put
Ibos in the bad light in the world’. And, in fact, what was happening was the beginning of corruption in Nigeria. That’s evident now. The Biafrans were bleeping right to secede. If it was secession, it was good secession because; secession is what could have brought Africa together at that time. From secession we could have come together again. But by not seceding, we’re put together by force. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh! That’s what is happening in Nigeria today. The Ibos don’t understand why they’re in Nigeria. The Yorubas don’t know what’s happening. And the Hausas , want to dominate everybody. The whole thing is bleeping confusion. I don’t even know myself why we’re in Nigeria, how we all got together in this country, in the first place. No politician has ever gone into that. If Ojukwu had seceded, we would have started our own history. We would have known why we seceded and what happened. How did we get together in the first place? Uh? That’s the real question. ‘Why don’t any of the politicians ever ask that question?’ Eh? Anyway at that time, when the war was going on, I wasn’t politically minded at all. I made my comments as citizen. I was just another musician, playing with Kola Lobitos and singing love songs, songs about rain, about people....What did I know? That’s when I split to America.... As culled from the Autobiography 'Fela, this NaughtyWoman of a life' by Carlos Moore

So are most Nigerians dont understand why we are together or insist to be.
The politician like David Mark, who remains a senator year in year out in person or impersonation
want to get Nigeria together so he can continue his looting business with his Foreign allies.
We need a life, Split this failed State.
If its start today, it start good.
Today its Niger-Delta turn to loot, Northerners are crying, we are no longer sharing monthly free money.
We are eating up our looted without replacement....Our boys are no longer on pay-roll, so they carry guns.
What shall we do to check-mate and the game goes on......Bush-meat shall soon hunt the Hunter ! God is watching !
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by khattab008: 1:50am On May 20, 2012
His been misinterpreted
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by conyema12(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2012
AjanleKoko: Looks like all gloves are off in Nigeria.

GEJ may soon go on record as the worst president in Nigerian history, as far as the Unity of the state is concerned. His watch has overseen a rabid fracturing of the country along ethnic lines, comparable to the period just before the civil war.

He doesn't seem to have good advisers, I have to confess.

..spot-on
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by jmaine: 11:41am On May 20, 2012
Gogobiri Lalas: Mumu people, the North will rule you by the nose come 2015, anyone who wants to fight should start now, there might be a Nigeria Pre-2015 presidential elections, but all we would have Post-2015 elections will be a United Fulani/Hausa Protectorate

The same way your noses were bashed,bruised and seriously broken in 2011 . . . Empty chest beating loser . . . .On a lighter note . . . may your Hausa/Fulani united Northern protectorate come to pass, Amen . . . . . .we need a quick break from you retrogressors . . .
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by vanstanzy(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2012
[b]The northern governors on Thursday said Buhari’s comment was in order, observing that many eminent Nigerians had made worse comments.

Chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, Babangida Aliyu, during a question-and-answer session with journalists after the Forum’s meeting in Kaduna, noted that Buhari had only sought to keep the Federal Government on its toes in order to ensure a free-and-fair election in 2015.

However, the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria had also on Wednesday lent its support to Buhari’s warning.

‘’We hold no brief for anyone. But it is true that if elections are rigged, as they have been so shamelessly and brazenly done by the PDP since 1999, naturally people will react, and in doing so it is impossible for anyone to predict how far things can go,” the party said in a statement by its spokesman, Lai Mohammed.

In a communiqué by the northern governors on Thursday, they noted the worsening state of security in their region and resolved to intensify efforts at finding lasting solutions to the problem by reaching out to all stakeholders.

The communiqué reads in part, “The alarming state of insecurity in the Northern states was discussed, thereafter, the Forum resolved as follows:

“We shall intensify efforts to find lasting solutions to the problem by reaching out to all stakeholders.

@NLers
The first paragraph above only goes to show that Buhari made an inflammatory statement, if not, why are the northern gov'nors citing an example of the inflammatory statement made by others' in the past? No need defending the "thing" called Buhari.
Look at these Northern gov'nors saying they will reach out to stakeholders inorder to solve our security problems. Who the hell do they think they're fooling? For sure, the other stakeholders are the people they very well know and sponsor, THE BOKO HARAM. Who doesn't know. Do these Northern elders listen to themselves talk? How can they say what Buhari said is in-order? Abeg make person tell these baboons to get off the scene jor![/b]
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by vanstanzy(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2012
Yarks: We believe that only buhari can save this nation.[color=#006600][/color]

@Yarks
U, Buhari and the entire core-north should EAT Poo. and DIE!!!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ahonzi: 8:05am On May 21, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]when dat report had it that the US said the entity called Nigeria will cease to exist come 2015,we all were blabbing.now we are the ones giving that prediction a helping hand.Buhari,GEj n all those bloody touts who have sucked out our blood for so long need to be TOTALLY and COMPLETELY WIPED out,so that anyone who goes in understands that if u screw up,we will spill your blood on the street.all these noise we keep making on these forums are not helping.too much talk and no action.people,these guys already knw we are mere empty drums,let show them we ain't dummies.when growing up they told me am the future leader of tomorrow,but up till date its the same people that were there before my dad was born still ruling.so let GET UP and GROW UP peeps
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by vanstanzy(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2012
MEN, AM OUTTA HERE!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by abacus(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2012
fortyfeet: @abacus, nigeria is the result of a failed titration experiment (acid base reaction). your fear is that you're lazy and so cannot grow a new country if nigeria split. get ready as you're going to form part of your regions leadership. maybe we might fall in the same region. i'll be proud to be part of the first leadership of my new country. gbam.
I wish you all the best!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by COOLDUN: 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
mimifonwon: I suggest we make each state independent of the federal government, basically that each region become a confederation. Its that or nigeria just splits. These officials are stealing us blind and tribalism keeps blinding us from seeing a good leader. I think for the sake of our future and that of our children that we should separate. Sometimes a marriage that hurts the children is not worth staying together, and perhaps a separation (like enacting confederacy) can help before we ultimately divorce each other. If only the youths had integrity and didn't take bribe, perchance we can change our own futures and throw these fools out of office. But again because of our tribalistic sentiments,as displayed here on NL everyday, Nigeria will never progress, so a split is necessary.

You have a good point my dear; Nigeria is in the deadly claws of the evil men who found the independence for their personal benefits. Nigeria’s independence was not found as a nation but as personal empire. The interests of the independence founding fathers were purely personal, but they deceived people to believe that they were fighting for them. The northerners were not ready for the independence then, while the Western and Eastern regions leaders were busy dragging for supremacy, they had click which their descendants and allies are the same people ruling the country today. They destroyed the country through military, we complained and they held a meeting and decided to pull off the military uniforms and come on the civilian attires but still maintain their military characteristics. They know that with Tribe, Religion, Party, the citizens will never reason at the same directions.

They have bought over the churches through tights and offerings and financial gifts/donations. That is why we have so many political clergy men in the country today which make their preaching to be only prosperity, self righteousness and diversionary, the mosques and their leaders/teachers are only preaching, Terror, War, Intolerance and violence. The traditional and towns leaders are nowadays their grass root spokesmen deceiving people to be selling their votes which are their fundamental rights as the citizens of the country. They brought in the social network sites and planted their supporters all over the forums to preach and spread their false and over exaggerated achievements, and attack whosoever that comment or criticizes their failures and incompetence online. These are the only people who are pretending to love the unity of this country, because it is their money making and personal empires.

If you ask any of them a simple one reason why Nigeria should remain as one country he/she will never give you a reasonable and factual answer. Because no one will be happy to lose where he/she is eating from. Many fools here are supporting the unity just because they are brainwashed, until we reason as people with different nationalities we will never go anywhere because we can never reason as people from one country. Many tiny countries are doing greatly economically and otherwise while Nigeria is still one place talking of the same problems after a whole 52 years of independence, if we are one country, then why are we always talking of one Nigeria? if really we are one. You only complain and look for a solution of what you don’t have, One Nigeria is what Nigeria has been looking for since 30th December 1914 till date, when will Nigeria get this lacking object ONE Nigeria? My answer is that we can never get it because it is not in our market stock.

I believe that the best answer is to peacefully separate so that every country forced together in this fake marriage should take their destines into their own hands. Nigeria is not ONE, and will never be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts / ISWAP Declares Gudumbali As Its "Caliphate Headquarters" In Borno State / Buhari Appoints Bisi Adegbuyi As Post-master Chief Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.