Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (17849 Views)

Did The 19 Northern Gov Support Buhari ? Thisday Vs Punch/ Vanguard Newspaper / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 18, 2012
buhari and his boko boys are here to wrestle power back to the north.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2012
solomon111: To call you a fool is an understatement!.
You are too daft to see that the Northerners are already scheming on the 2015 elections,the same people responsible for the insecurities in this govt.
Yoruba people,na wa for una.
Buncha backstabbers.
The earlier the rest of the south realizes this and take heed,the better for us.

That is why I dislike people like you, you are too sectional and stu.pid to even be a Nigerian. The truth hurts.

Just so you know, Yorubas NEVER and NEVER want Southern Nigeria again after Nnamdi betrayal, so shove your southern Nigeria up your a55.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

The man never said anything like that even though I wish he did. He spoke in Hausa but the hungry Nigerian press misinterpreted what he said. What the hell are we saying here if there is no formal dispute resolution channel in this mad country. The courts have been crippled by these criminals. Is that not an invitation to chaos? [b]Don't touch my votes because I am ready to fight this time around. It is as simple as that! He who has ear let him listen now. [/b]You loot the treasury, steal votes and then impoverish people and you say I should not fight these monsters?

What !!!

So the right why to communicate " Don't touch my vote " Is by saying "Baboon and Dogs would be socked in Blood" ?

C'mon
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by solomon111(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2012
One thing i know, is that as long as those useless Northerners did not allow GEJ the peace of mind to serve this country well,they too would never have the peace of mind to rule Nigeria,if they ever get to Aso-rock.
Amen!!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by solomon111(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

That is why I dislike people like you, you are too sectional and stu.pid to even be a Nigerian. The truth hurts.

Just so you know, Yorubas NEVER and NEVER want Southern Nigeria again after Nnamdi betrayal, so shove your southern Nigeria up your a55.

That is very Good!
It would be better for everybody.
We dont want no traitors!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 2:19pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

The man never said anything like that even though I wish he did. He spoke in Hausa but the hungry Nigerian press misinterpreted what he said. What the hell are we saying here if there is no formal dispute resolution channel in this mad country. The courts have been crippled by these criminals. Is that not an invitation to chaos? Don't touch my votes because I am ready to fight this time around. It is as simple as that! He who has ear let him listen now. You loot the treasury, steal votes and then impoverish people and you say I should not fight these monsters?

Did you read the bold part in my post
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by honeric01(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2012
Calebsky:

When will they actually call for the renewal of the licenses? Am really interested so that i can prepare myself. Wow! It will be worth the effort.

It's going to be a real series, i wanna see beaf with his machine gun shooting sporadically from the oily creeks of delta remote areas.. oh i forgot, beaf is the e-fight of MEND. grin

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2012
solomon111: One thing i know, is that as long as those useless Northerners did not allow GEJ the peace of mind to serve this country well,they too would never have the peace of mind to rule Nigeria,if they ever get to Aso-rock.
Amen!!

You are useless yourself. So do you mean because GEJ is OUR president northern governor cannot criticize him ? Stop this tribalism and open your eyes. My brother, when are we you going to wake up

Yes if the politicians insult the president, it is a political move because Nigeria is not the first.

Yes if they criticise the president, good so we can see things from their point of view and they can expose themselves. (They are all the same to me and any unbiased Nigerian)

But treating is a NO GO AREA because the president is the number one man of the country.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

Did you read the bold part in my post

Yes I read it.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by gentleoyink: 2:23pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf tell them the truth. They will always insult anything that is above their myopic and tribalistic reasoning.

If you have a clear mind, you would notice the pattern of BH bombing. Some areas of the North are no go areas for BH. Why? A sensible mind will know thats where their power house is. I leave that to you the reader to determine.

That the 19 govs, are coming together to say this (if na true o), it shows that what GEJ said is very true about BH being within.

And now here is the real deal, if GEJ should arrest the sponsors, don't you think the dogs and babbons will come out and unleach terror the way they did when BUhari failed and losed the last election do not ague that he failed and lost due to rigging- far from it and you know it. Even if GEJ should arrest him some of you will still shout political persecution.

Tell us you just hate GEJ because he is from a minority.

Instead of blaming GEJ, why not blame those who are making the country ungovernable?
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2012
solomon111: That is very Good!
It would be better for everybody.
We dont want no traitors!

Again, maybe you need to visit Yorubaland to know the way the people think. They are not primitive thinkers like you.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 18, 2012
Does it mean that all elections in Nigerian are rigged until Buhari wins? We all know that CPC as a party was also involved in rigging but couldn't match the strength of PDP. Buhari's kinsmen who claim they identify with him were the same ones who voted PDP for a fee. Buhari and his followers must come to terms with the fact that the table has turned against them PERMANENTLY. If any northerner will rule this entity called Nigeria again, it certainly is not BUHARI!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:24pm On May 18, 2012
gentleoyink: Beaf tell them the truth. They will always insult anything that is above their myopic and tribalistic reasoning.

If you have a clear mind, you would notice the pattern of BH bombing. Some areas of the North are no go areas for BH. Why? A sensible mind will know thats where their power house is. I leave that to you the reader to determine.

That the 19 govs, are coming together to say this (if na true o), it shows that what GEJ said is very true about BH being within.

And now here is the real deal, if GEJ should arrest the sponsors, don't you think the dogs and babbons will come out and unleach terror the way they did when BUhari failed and losed the last election do not ague that he failed and lost due to rigging- far from it and you know it. Even if GEJ should arrest him some of you will still shout political persecution.

Instead of blaming GEJ, why not blame those who are making the country ungovernable?

No

They are not tribalistic, neither do they care that GEJ is from a minority. We could careless anyway

Stop seeing things from a tribalistic lens
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Ozonna(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem: [size=13pt]I wonder why he did not say that during OBJ second term ? Because he knows OBJ would not take that from him

So because GEJ who is now our president is gentle, people are saying rubbish. We better wake up and don't allow politicans be using us as their tools.

I can't imagine if Buhari had won and GEJ made the statement Buhari did, Would GEJ not be arrested by now ?

If we criticise, lets do it constructively. Buhari is not the president, GEJ is NOW our president and so lets use our brains here.

I wonder how the president is meant to concentrate when someone is making statements like " socked blood" [/size]

Spot on sir
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 2:28pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

Yes I read it.

And so why misinterpret what he said if not for mischief. Like I said the manipulation of our institutions for their selfish gains is an invitation to chaos. For example, armed robbers at times are caught in Lagos and set ablaze. Why? Because the institutions through which justice ought to prevail have been weakened. You don't need Buhari to tell you that. However, I wish he said that to raise the consciousness of the people that the time to fight for what rightfully belongs to them is now.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 2:29pm On May 18, 2012
Calebsky:

When will they actually call for the renewal of the licenses? Am really interested so that i can prepare myself. Wow! It will be worth the effort.

[size=14pt]The licesnses from Buhari, IBB and Abacha (89% of all indigenous oil licenses in the hands of the core-North) will expire between 2016 and 2018.

This is what Buhari's commotion and boko haram are all about.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by gentleoyink: 2:31pm On May 18, 2012
Nigeria is in bad state today not because GEJ is the presido. The rot has been here since and any sincere person will agree. You just see all these things because some people who are not happy with him are digging the dirt up so that the stench will be noticed by everyone.

My own opinion concerning Nigeria is this neither GEJ nor Buhari can lead this country anywhere. Buhari a man that truncated democracy in the past wants to benefit from it now? Don't you think Nigeria's democracy would have developed beyond this if not for that wicked action of Buhari?

We need fresh brains that can discuss our economy telling us policies to implement and how to manage the available resources to achieve his aim. Not this GEJ and Buhari style of campain (shoe and blood).

But for now GEJ is the President, let him rule in peace. Let us not hate him, but let us hate those who are behind this oil scam and bokoharam.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by babaowo: 2:33pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf: The battle in Nigeria is all about oil and a huge swathe of licenses that are about to expire. It is also about people like AjanleKoko being used.
..... U get dis 1.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Wallie(m): 2:35pm On May 18, 2012
Is Buhari really behind Boko Haram or just not doing anything to stop it? If you say the former is true, then how do you reconcile that with the NSA’s statement about PDP being implicated?

My "feeling" is that he’s just not doing anything to stop it since “an enemy of my enemy is my friend”. He probably figures he has nothing to lose from destabilizing GEJ’s government; otherwise, he should have condemned the killings of innocent people. Anybody that implicitly or explicitly supports the killing of innocent people, for whatever reason, is wrong!

Also, what’s to be made of OBJ’s silence? I find alarming that someone as vocal and patriotic as OBJ is choosing to remain quiet.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by babaowo: 2:35pm On May 18, 2012
gentleoyink: Nigeria is in bad state today not because GEJ is the presido. The rot has been here since and any sincere person will agree. You just see all these things because some people who are not happy with him are digging the dirt up so that the stench will be noticed by everyone.

My own opinion concerning Nigeria is this neither GEJ nor Buhari can lead this country anywhere. Buhari a man that truncated democracy in the past wants to benefit from it now? Don't you think Nigeria's democracy would have developed beyond this if not for that wicked action of Buhari?

We need fresh brains that can discuss our economy telling us policies to implement and how to manage the available resources to achieve his aim. Not this GEJ and Buhari style of campain (shoe and blood).

But for now GEJ is the President, let him rule in peace. Let us not hate him, but let us hate those who are behind this oil scam and bokoharam.
..... U get sense!

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:35pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

And so why misinterpret what he said if not for mischief. Like I said the manipulation of our institutions for their selfish gains is an invitation to chaos. For example, armed robbers at times are caught in Lagos and set ablaze. Why? Because the institutions through which justice ought to prevail have been weakened. You don't need Buhari to tell you that. However, I wish he said that to raise the consciousness of the people that the time to fight for what rightfully belongs to them is now.

Of course don't get me wrong, I know rigging is wrong but please don't let politicians deceive you. Don't be surprise if 2015 CPC rigs as well.

All I am saying is that there is absolutely no need for "blood" in any public statement.

Nigerians have opened their eyes to see that riggers would be lynched, but you cannot make statement like that and add blood in it knowing full well you were the second best opposition in the country.

That to me is polarising the country. Do you not see this ?
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by delighty(f): 2:36pm On May 18, 2012
What i don't understand is why GEJ won't pin point d sponsors of boko haram and make them face the law even when they are glaring at him... What means will they use to cause bloodshed,isn't it the so called boko haram?

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

The licesnses from Buhari, IBB and Abacha (89% of all indeginious oil licenses in the hands of the core-North) will expire between 2016 and 2018.

This is what Buhari's commotion and boko haram are all about.

when would you stop lying ?

So you mean SS and southerners don't own oil blocks ?

Why pick out the north ? You are always biased and tribalsitic anyway
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by chagga(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2012
Why are we bothering ourselves we know where the battle field is so all we need to do is leave it when the time comes. The dog and baboon can soak themselves....Governors abi looters continue to rear almajiris
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2012
Ballabriggs, you cannot say that statement was not a controversial one.

Lets just turn the table around for a second, would Buhari accept if GEJ said the same ? Lets be honest.

Yes we would not allow rigging but the opposition is not meant to talk about Blood.

Why blood ? Are we in a jungle or what ?
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2012
chagga: Why are we bothering ourselves we know where the battle field is so all we need to do is leave it when the time comes. The dog and baboon can soak themselves....Governors abi looters continue to rear almajiris

Almajiris ? What do you mean
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by karpentar: 2:43pm On May 18, 2012
Can you shut up, you tribalistic iddeiot. Whether yoruba or hausa or Igbo are we all not in the same shoes ? You iddddeiot

we have been in the shoes long before Jonathan came in. What did you and folks like you do back then...useless idiotic tribalist.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 2:46pm On May 18, 2012
gentleoyink: Beaf tell them the truth. They will always insult anything that is above their myopic and tribalistic reasoning.

Well said. GEJ should just continue to play it cool, while beasts like Buhari play themselves out of contention. There is no defeat more resounding than self-defeat and thats where Buhari is going.

As I see it, in todays Nigeria, there are a number of parallel battles:

1. The battle to put power in the hands of the people by weakening the center and making it less juicy (GEJ's constitutional change suggestion to make the LG the centaer as against state and Abuja - governors rejected it; the giving away of all money making areas eg subsidy, PHCN etc).
2. The battle to to reintegrate the SE and wipe away the tears of the civil war.
3. Diversification to agriculture / industry to get each region independent or semi-independent.
4. The battle to monetise oil reserves in the SW, to get that region on the right track.
5. The battle to change the constitution into something more people friendly.
6. Finally comes the almighty battle to free the nation from the grip of parasites (subsidy, oil wells, PHCN mafia's, pension mafia's, fertiliser mafia's etc)

All the battles above must be won. But while they rage on, the country will keep shaking and quaking, because tectonic plates are being quietly and efficiently heaved aside by cool, calm Joe.
Very soon, we will wake up to a new dawn where our only realities are positive. Let the ethnic and sectional lords wage their losing war; it is all to our gain.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by delighty(f): 2:46pm On May 18, 2012
[quote author=alj harem]

Lets have some understanding here.It's claimed a religion of peace meanwhile it's clearly written in the book that unbelievers should be eliminated so that it shall reign... Believe it or not,this is becoming a religous thing for the leadership aspirants. GOd bless Naija.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 18, 2012
misinformation,division,bigotry,sycophancy,arz licking;THE BANE OF THE FISHERMAN'S GOVT!

buhari did that interview in hausa and spoke in parables! the intelligent amongst you can go and get the transcript of that interview,find an interpreter and make your conclusions. the dull amongst you can toe the line of BEAF!!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by gentleoyink: 2:52pm On May 18, 2012
@
alj harem:

when would you stop lying ?

So you mean SS and southerners don't own oil blocks ?

Why pick out the north ? You are always biased and tribalsitic anyway

Yes some own, but compared to those Northern brothers them be small boys.

delighty:

What i don't understand is why GEJ won't pin point d sponsors of boko haram and make them face the law even when they are glaring at him... What means will they use to cause bloodshed,isn't it the so called boko haram?

If GEJ should touch them, it will be another blood and baboon story in the North. Me thinks it is for the lives (lives that are still being wasted by BH) of innocent Nigerians living up North that has made GEJ not to take such drastic actions agianst their sponsors.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 2:55pm On May 18, 2012
delighty:

Everything has its season for the wise man. Like I said above, 80% of Nigeria's indigenous oil blocks are in the hands of Buhari's, IBB's and Abacha's friends, family and associates.

These small group of less than a 100 people, earn more from oil per annum than the entire Niger Delta states; in other words, they are more liquid than the entire Nigeria. They are flowing with cash and have solid international contacts; all these things need to be patiently dismantled before a move can be made, otherwise the country will be sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Ends Operation Python Dance In South-East / Grumbling In EFCC Over Magu’s Successor / IPOB Cancels Thursday’s Sit-at-home In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.