Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi (44656 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / 5 Reasons Why C.ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by otokx(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2012
wrong header
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2012
zidane never called himself the best, ronaldinho never called himself the best, ronaldo never called himself the best, messi never calls himself the best, now a certain player calls himself the best. funny thing is he isnt even as good as the above mentioned.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 19, 2012
Both players are good at what they do.Just that messi is previlleged to be in a better team.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by blkmum700: 5:26pm On May 19, 2012
cyril83: Simply becoz he does not have the callibre of playerz he had in barca....this is jst the gospel example of wat am saying,he got poor performance in argentina team coz of mingling wit new teammates and he cudnt adapt in no time, so this will definately bring about his flops if he dares leave barca

This statememt also goes to Ronaldo,he doesn't have the calliber of players he had when playing with Man u,with the like of poul scholes,wayne Ronney,carlos tevez ryan giggs or when at madrid with player like ozil making most of the assist to him,benzema,alonso,khaderal Marcelo,without all this players Ronaldo is a flop,we saw it in world cup and we are going to witness another one in europe and do you really think Ronaldo can help portugal to qualify from that group or you forgot they qualify with play off,he can't help them to qualify in a group with demark and sweden I think instead de have to settle for play off+Pele would av being a biggest flop had he leave brazil to play elsewhere and most time pele Santos came to europe they were beaten by european clubs pele can't help them to win yet he is still number one.
cyril83: point of correction They never compared messi with pele of brazil and they only compared him with maradonna coz they felt anoda face of maradonna has showed up in argentina team...I never underrated him,he's a good player buh left to me,C Ron is more better than he does

Bro,if u said messi has never been campare to pele then I don't know what to say about that,have u ever taught of why pele has problem with messi,because he's been compare to him and maradonna and some legends label him has greatest footballer of all time with his magic,which pele doesn't aggree with but I still think google if your friend you can search messi comparison with pele and maradona I guess your going to find a lot of links to football legends interviews on that.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by blkmum700: 5:32pm On May 19, 2012
ddippset: zidane never called himself the best, ronaldinho never called himself the best, ronaldo never called himself the best, messi never calls himself the best, now a certain player calls himself the best. funny thing is he isnt even as good as the above mentioned.

Don't mind him jare,all he does is to run from point A to B,if a player or stone stand on his way,he always got confused,good players don't praise their self they leave that for others to judge,anyday he is being man marked with three players or four like messi expect him to announce his retirement.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 19, 2012
Ronaldo is a great player. Ronaldo has qualities Messi lacks, and vice versa. The only problem for Ronaldo is that Messi exists during his era. Him claiming to be the best is actually arguable. I find the argument of Ronaldo moving around as valid. Ronaldo is versatile and can adapt easily as his move proved. Messi does not have to move around to be considered the best player, but he's very comfortable at Barcelona. One wonders how he'd cope at another team with different players and different style. For those wondering, check his track record with Argentina. If Messi's so good, he should be a factor at the national level, but he isn't. This is the same Messi that our own Enyeama denied goals one after the other in the 2010 World Cup. In his era, the highest Argentina have gotten in the World Cup is quarterfinals. They've never reached the top four. The highest Portugal has finished in Ronaldo's era was fourth in 2006. Messi disappears when he's with his fellow Argentinians. Some food for thought.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Lordsocrates: 5:33pm On May 19, 2012
Reference: Perhaps better looking with all that hair gel but as far as what lies between your ears and how it syncs with your two legs, capital - no. The day you recognise football is a team sport is the day your cv will be considered.
killed it..wat dat stand b/w is 2 ears doesnt sync at all..if he did he would hv know wat d call team spirit..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Aladinn(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2012
DerMeister: Messi should move to another club and show his "genius"... All the other World best footballers switched clubs or leagues and shone. If he is really great, he should move to another team. If he's such a phenomenon, why hasn't Argentina won the world cup. Why is he dull in intl matches?

CR-7 is a great player, one of the greatest of his time... I don't know who's better, to make a sound judgement, Messi should move to another club, seek a new challenge... and let's see him shine elsewhere...
Messi should move where? Bolton, Chelsea or Man Utd? Even CR7 left United for a Madrid, a bigger club. Any club messi goes would be a step down.
Both Ronaldo and messi now play in la liga, who has been better between the two, if not messi.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cyril83(m): 5:40pm On May 19, 2012
blkmum700:

This statememt also goes to Ronaldo,he doesn't have the calliber of players he had when playing with Man u,with the like of poul scholes,wayne Ronney,carlos tevez ryan giggs or when at madrid with player like ozil making most of the assist to him,benzema,alonso,khaderal Marcelo,without all this players Ronaldo is a flop,we saw it in world cup and we are going to witness another one in europe and do you really think Ronaldo can help portugal to qualify from that group or you forgot they qualify with play off,he can't help them to qualify in a group with demark and sweden I think instead de have to settle for play off+Pele would av being a biggest flop had he leave brazil to play elsewhere and most time pele Santos came to europe they were beaten by european clubs pele can't help them to win yet he is still number one.

Bro,if u said messi has never been campare to pele then I don't know what to say about that,have u ever taught of why pele has problem with messi,because he's been compare to him and maradonna and some legends label him has greatest footballer of all time with his magic,which pele doesn't aggree with but I still think google if your friend you can search messi comparison with pele and maradona I guess your going to find a lot of links to football legends interviews on that.
Those r write ups broda,no interview had ever stated such blunder,we only heard of maradonna comparison coz I cud rememba they forward the write up to pele and he stood against it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by logica(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2012
ogugua88: Ronaldo is a great player. Ronaldo has qualities Messi lacks, and vice versa. The only problem for Ronaldo is that Messi exists during his era. Him claiming to be the best is actually arguable. I find the argument of Ronaldo moving around as valid. Ronaldo is versatile and can adapt easily as his move proved. Messi does not have to move around to be considered the best player, but he's very comfortable at Barcelona. One wonders how he'd cope at another team with different players and different style. For those wondering, check his track record with Argentina. If Messi's so good, he should be a factor at the national level, but he isn't. This is the same Messi that our own Enyeama denied goals one after the other in the 2010 World Cup. In his era, the highest Argentina have gotten in the World Cup is quarterfinals. They've never reached the top four. The highest Portugal has finished in Ronaldo's era was fourth in 2006. Messi disappears when he's with his fellow Argentinians. In short, neither of them can call themselves the greatest until they bring home the World Cup. Some food for thought.
LOL. You must consider yourself a football expert eh? Messi has been more of a factor in the Argentine squad than Ronaldo. You forgot to mention the Olympics where Argentina beat Nigeria in the final (winning by a goal from Di Maria - with a defense-line splitting pass -assist- from MESSI). Or doesn't the Olympics count?

Messi's problem in Argentine colors is well known to those who understand football - he's their best play-maker. No other player can create chances more than he does. In Barcelona, Xavi is the play-maker. Messi is just as good as Xavi in this department, but luckily for Barca they have Xavi; leaving Messi to score goals. Argentina has no Xavi; so Messi becomes Xavi. And Messi cannot be scoring goals when he's busy playing Xavi's role - making assists for the likes of Higuain, Aguero etc (who by the way have no clue as far as providing assists go). Argentina have recognized they need to build the team around Messi and in the last match he played for them (as captain), he scored a hat-trick for the first time in Argentine colors.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by medjai(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2012
Luckily for CR, it's free to dream.

Messi & Cronaldo La Liga 2011-2012

Goals:

Messi 50 (10 penalty)
Cronaldo 46 (12 penalty)

Accuracy:

Messi 5.5 shots/ goal
Cronaldo 6.9 shots/ goal

Individuality of goals:

Messi, 22/50 or 44% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)
Cronaldo, 35/46 or 80% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)

Assists:

Messi 16
Cronaldo 12

Creativity:

Messi 56 throughballs, 92 key passes (resulting in a shot)
Cronaldo 19 throughballs, 60 key passes (resulting in a shot)

Build up play:

Messi 176 dribbless
Cronaldo 73 dribbless

Lost posession:

Messi 96 dispossessed + 61 turnovers = 157 times
Cronaldo 79 dispossessed + 86 turnovers = 165 times

Messi owns him in every aspect.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by blkmum700: 5:53pm On May 19, 2012
ogugua88: Ronaldo is a great player. Ronaldo has qualities Messi lacks, and vice versa. The only problem for Ronaldo is that Messi exists during his era. Him claiming to be the best is actually arguable. I find the argument of Ronaldo moving around as valid. Ronaldo is versatile and can adapt easily as his move proved. Messi does not have to move around to be considered the best player, but he's very comfortable at Barcelona. One wonders how he'd cope at another team with different players and different style. For those wondering, check his track record with Argentina. If Messi's so good, he should be a factor at the national level, but he isn't. In his era, the highest they've gotten in the World Cup is quarterfinals. They've never reached the top four. The highest Portugal has finished in Ronaldo's era was fourth in 2006. Messi disappears when he's with his fellow Argentinians. Some food for though.

Do you know the numbers of star players in that team,luis Figo,deco,pauleta,quaresma and think Riu costoal or joan pinto also in that squad and if u ask me,that's not Ronaldo era,because he's still a kid with number 7 jersey belong to figo,what's the contribution of ronaldo in 2006 world cup,2010 world cup is the start or ronaldo era both messi and ronaldo got knock out, same stage in last world cup,how is ronaldo perfoming well at national level,Ronaldo came into football light 2008 with Man U wining d league and champions league forget about Ronaldo in 2006 he's noting.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by acidtalk: 5:58pm On May 19, 2012
freemanrule: [color=#990000][/color]if cr7 wnt 2 proof he's better dn messi,its will only take him a fight of a life time to do just that,blelieve he's not even sure of him self dt why he's on cnn trying to fine a way out of he's this belief. Messi is simplelly the best bcoz he alway do best what what he's best @.

go and perfect your written english before trying to type in short form. i didnt make sense from your writeup.

CR7 ALL THE WAY!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by optimus106(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva: The best player will not tell you he's the best. he'll leave other people to sing his praise. Ronaldo, STFU, you're in second position.
his d best dis year cR7
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ifeci: 6:02pm On May 19, 2012
people saying messi should lv Barca, oya where una wan mk he go? because him lving barca to come and play enlish premiership will be like leaving brazil to go and play for china. and for those saying that he plays with the best teammates in the world; My guyz, na iron dey sharpen iron. as for CR7, he is good undoubtedly but even wit his two legged, he can't do what a one legged messi does. sometimes i dey think say messi get three legs, just dat u can't see the other one.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 19, 2012
can Messi survive in Seria A or Premiership? No one can tell.

but we all know career of many great players have crashed by merely changing leagues.

By replicating or reproducing same feat in two top leagues, I would give it to Ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ikooko(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2012
Guys, let us look at both players like this.
If we switch messi to madrid and cr7 to bacelona, do you honestly belief messi will make more impacts than cr7?
The advantage messi has is his teammates, they grew up together in the same club. if that is taken out messi cant perfom optimally.
CR7 anyday.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by kokoA(m): 6:32pm On May 19, 2012
Some people just make me laugh grin we are talking of who plays better soccer and scores better goals on the pitch here not who can 'survive' an all the leagues in the world and has a better set of team mates. Footballers are judged by how they perform on the field of play my people! So, saying C7 played epl and laliga makes little sense to me..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by dabrake(m): 6:35pm On May 19, 2012
abeg, make dem dey compare themselves jooh. e nor concern me

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 19, 2012
Some people burn the mid night candle, sleep at d library, zero social life, and they manage to make a first class, while another parties hard, drinks, reads a little, and has great and deep understanding of his studies, and he makes a first class too. So i ask, who is the better student? C ronaldo is the former student, he puts in great effort with a lot of hardwork to succeed, while messi is the latter student that is naturally brillant with little effort to achieve, same, or i dare say, better success than ronaldo. Messi is better.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2012
kayusfit: @Cyril83; so because Ronaldo played in england means he is better right? Whats so special about english league? Sergio aguero played his first season in england and scored 30 goals for mancity in all competitions. Papi Cisse of Newcastle came in January and was scoring freely in this same premiership. This is the same premiership thierry henry ruled for donkey years without going on a straight 3month injury. As wack as anelka is, he also won premiership topscorer with chelsea. The list goes on. Do we need to Tell Ryan giggs, lampard, gerard, rooney, Terry and ferguson to leave england so we can know they are truly good?? I think you are smoking banana leaves wrapped in wet wrizla.

Don't mind them jare!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Dear Cristi,
Obama is my father.
The pope is jewish,
and you are better than Messi.

H:DH:DH:DHcheesy O dear!
And Buhari wil win in 2015.
Naija pastors wil stop preaching 1st fruit, TITHE, sowing of seed etc n focus on salvation.
N women wil stop opening dia laps to d highest bidder.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by blkmum700: 7:14pm On May 19, 2012
What's dis about EPL and SeriaA that messi can't survive in?

If the like of demba bar,papi cisse,wayne ronney,v-p & aguero can score freely in EPL messi will score 40 goals playing in man city,Man U or arsenal and in seria A if the like of ibrahimovic who is flop at barca and went back to seria A to score 26 goals,I see no reason why messi can't score 40 goals there,players like Matri,Cavanni,denitaniel and ibrahimovic played a whole season without going on two or three months injury,then I see no reason why messi won't survive there and score goals playing for AC or juventus.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva: The best player will not tell you he's the best. he'll leave other people to sing his praise. Ronaldo, STFU, you're in second position.

Says who? When Pele was asked same question he said he himself his the best, more ever the question was directed to C ronaldo i wonder what u want him to say
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by gsmgold: 7:36pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Same way we felt about Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, but see Messi today. he's in a class of his own. Tomorrow it could be someone else.
well said
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Johnnny(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2012
CR-7 is a very good talented but proud player. Never have I read or heard Messi comparing himself to any body. Instead, he has been compared to all the greats in football by experts, pundits, fans, haters, team-mates, opponents etc. Never has he said anything about being the best. How can CR7 blow his own trumphet, is he afraid he may likely loose the World's best player to Messi again this season? Is he feeling insecured?

Messi to me is a better player than CR7, but I thank God that I existed during both their times. Their artistry with the ball makes the game more than entertaining to me.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 19, 2012

Says who? When Pele was asked same question he said he himself his the best, more ever the question was directed to C ronaldo i wonder what u want him to say
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by megaplaza(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2012
kayusfit: @Cyril83; pele played his old school football in brazil for santos and he is still considered a world football legend. Why refer to others as mere club legends? Messi rules!!
bloody liar go check Pele's record again.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by IFELEKE(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2012
@Topic,
yea right,if it makes him sleep better at night without pills tongue grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ObaMa9ja1: 8:18pm On May 19, 2012
CR7 remains da best...if u no lyk go Bleep hug trans4mer k...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by kevwest(m): 9:18pm On May 19, 2012
Off course CR is far better than messi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea :UCL (1 - 2) On 27th September 2017 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Real Madrid: UCL (3 - 1) On 1st November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.