Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,392 members, 7,800,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi (44645 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / 5 Reasons Why C.ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2012
any normal human being would rather be top scorer ever with 50 goals than score against every opponent and score 46. You score against every opponent alright but you are still not the top scorer. a total of 6 el classicos were played in the season. Barca won 4 and madrid just 1. And barca would surely get 2 trophies from the 4 victories. Messi almost single handedly won the spanish super cup and gave abidal the assist in the copa del rey el classico seconds after pepe tried to cut off his hand. And just because ronaldo scores a goal to give madrid their only victory in 6 el classicos he is now the next best thing? in an el classico 4 madrid players are always on messi after he fvcked 5 madrid defenders last term while ronaldo is given just one man.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by yohannazack(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2012
Ronaldo is sufferin frm envy, jealousy, and pride which alwayz go befo a fall. He can neva be to compared wit Messi in anyway. He beta go and watch Messi's documentary, befo he stats talkin abut him. I respect Messi like die guy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by pbs4real(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2012
Cr7 is better of messi,Cr7 is a complete player,his pace,height,long range shots,let messi come to the EPL and prove every1 wrong,Torres said it dat football is diff. He said and I quote*defenders in d EPL won't let u think when u re with d ball*unlike in d spanish league,lemme tell u if yakubu goes to the sapnish league I bet u he will come out among the top scorers,dere's no doubt dat d english football is more harder and technical dan d la liga,players have confessed it,Cr7 cud not score up to 35 goals in d EPL but look @ it in d EPL in a season he scores 40 and above,all d same I want messi to prove very1 wrong by coming to d EPL or seria A and prove d whole world wrong,but Cr7 is better....tnk u

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by utimayor(m): 1:09pm On May 20, 2012
C. Ronaldo i know, Pele i know, who is messi?

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2012
men lie, women lie but numbers and records do not. ronaldo killed the epl. He scored a million goals. He proved himself in the 'very difficult' epl. he comes to the 'very weak' la liga. he is supposed to murder everyone and be miles above everyone in la liga having conquered the very very very difficult epl but he lives in the shadow of messi. messi owns him entirely in la liga. the conqueror of the most difficult league in the world becomes second fidddle to the humble genius in the weak weak weak la liga. do the math people.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by dedeman: 2:08pm On May 20, 2012
deb: I even think Mikel Obi is better than him that is why he had to make effort to sell himself to people instead of allowing them to choose their best themselves.

He is not even the 2nd best so he shd shut his fkn dirty mouth up and shove it in his stinky ass.
Messi has no 2nd. The god of football himself.
cos u dnt knw how 2 watch futbul
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by dedeman: 2:10pm On May 20, 2012
yohanna zack: Ronaldo is sufferin frm envy, jealousy, and pride which alwayz go befo a fall. He can neva be to compared wit Messi in anyway. He beta go and watch Messi's documentary, befo he stats talkin abut him. I respect Messi like die guy.
I knw u din't read d interview very well; he said dis "year" not who dat his d all time best
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by dedeman: 2:13pm On May 20, 2012
yohanna zack: Ronaldo is sufferin frm envy, jealousy, and pride which alwayz go befo a fall. He can neva be to compared wit Messi in anyway. He beta go and watch Messi's documentary, befo he stats talkin abut him. I respect Messi like die guy.
na 4 ur pocket
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by okechukwu3: 2:23pm On May 20, 2012
let the observers be the judge.To u,u are the best,to the world u may not.U don't write exam and grade ur self or mark ur script.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by naijalodge(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2012
sometimes,some of you argue like wack that even a mad man will screem,all you ronaldo haters,answer these question and at the end,you'll tell me who's the best...

1. Ronaldo or Messi....who heads best(as in who scores most with the header)?

2. Ronaldo Or messi....who Runs best?

3. Ronaldo or messi....who is best at taking set-pies(as in who is best at taking free kicks)?

4. Ronaldo or Messi....who's shot power is best?

5.Ronaldo or Messi....wo broke the all time highest goal scoring record in the Spanish league..

6. Ronaldo scored 7 ha-trick these season,how many did messi score?

7. Can Real Madrid play without C.Ronaldo

8. Can Barcelona play without Messi

9. Apart from Messi Playing in the best club in the world(Barcelona),has he gone to other league to prove his consistency?

10. Apart From Real Madrid....Has C.Ronaldo shown his wort or ability in any other team or league?

11. In the Last el clasico who was the most significant?

12. Some are preaching about messi scoring higher goal than ronaldo bla bla bla,plz remember to count how many penalies messi has also scored this season...2 against AC MILLAN,1 Against athletical bilbao,1 against levante,1 against real betis,1 against osasuna,2 against bayern levercusen,he also scored 2 penalty in their second to the last match in Spanish league with more i can't keep typing...

13. without xavi and iniesta,can messi survive?(Remember all the matches he played without those two midfielders(xavi and iniesta),all ended in fiasco including against Osasuna,which they lost with messi not having any shot on target,against levante he could not even trap untill the 67 minute when they brought in xavi who turn the game around before he was given a panalty...

14. Remember,in the last El classico,Ronaldo scored the winning goal,bt messi did not even played a shot on target...

15. a player did not win the champions league,he could not even score a Goal in the world's most biggest competition(World Cup),yet they named him the world best player,tell me is that judgment fair?,open ur eyes..

they are just too numerous,plz don't be sentimental..answer those 15 questions and tell me who is best...

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by naijalodge(m): 3:43pm On May 20, 2012
ddippset: any normal human being would rather be top scorer ever with 50 goals than score against every opponent and score 46. You score against every opponent alright but you are still not the top scorer. a total of 6 el classicos were played in the season. Barca won 4 and madrid just 1. And barca would surely get 2 trophies from the 4 victories. Messi almost single handedly won the spanish super cup and gave abidal the assist in the copa del rey el classico seconds after pepe tried to cut off his hand. And just because ronaldo scores a goal to give madrid their only victory in 6 el classicos he is now the next best thing? in an el classico 4 madrid players are always on messi after he fvcked 5 madrid defenders last term while ronaldo is given just one man.

Elclasico in nou camp,who shut the mouth of bacer? CR7..
copa d ray final against bacer,who scored the only goal that gave madrid the cup?....CR7...TO THINK AGAIN..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Chanchit: 3:51pm On May 20, 2012
uti-mayor:
C. Ronaldo i know, Pele i know, who is messi?
Hhahahahaha.... It is one demon dt said that in d bible, and am very sure u r a blind demon.....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Emekemini: 3:59pm On May 20, 2012
naijalodge: sometimes,some of you argue like wack that even a mad man will screem,all you ronaldo haters,answer these question and at the end,you'll tell me who's the best...

3. Ronaldo or messi....who is best at taking set-pies(as in who is best at taking free kicks)?

5.Ronaldo or Messi....wo broke the all time highest goal scoring record in the Spanish league..

9. Apart from Messi Playing in the best club in the world(Barcelona),has he gone to other league to prove his consistency?

10. Apart From Real Madrid....Has C.Ronaldo shown his wort or ability in any other team or league?

12. Some are preaching about messi scoring higher goal than ronaldo bla bla bla,plz remember to count how many penalies messi has also scored this season...2 against AC MILLAN,1 Against athletical bilbao,1 against levante,1 against real betis,1 against osasuna,2 against bayern levercusen,he also scored 2 penalty in their second to the last match in Spanish league with more i can't keep typing...

13. without xavi and iniesta,can messi survive?(Remember all the matches he played without those two midfielders(xavi and iniesta),all ended in fiasco including against Osasuna,which they lost with messi not having any shot on target,against levante he could not even trap untill the 67 minute when they brought in xavi who turn the game around before he was given a panalty...

14. Remember,in the last El classico,Ronaldo scored the winning goal,bt messi did not even played a shot on target...

15. a player did not win the champions league,he could not even score a Goal in the world's most biggest competition(World Cup),yet they named him the world best player,tell me is that judgment fair?,open ur eyes..

they are just too numerous,plz don't be sentimental..answer those 15 questions and tell me who is best...

hahaah,let me answer the question..

1. Ronaldo
2. Ronaldo
3. eya Ronaldo
4. Ronaldo
5. oooo stillRonaldo
6. i remember Ronaldo scored 7 and messi scored 5 hmmm..still Ronaldo
7. No
8. Yes
9. No
10. Yes
11. Ronaldo
12. hmmm
13. No
14. Chai!!
15. No...hmmmm i am beginning to smell something fishy about fiffa's judgment...
na wa ooo,na true my guy....Ronaldo is the Best..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Chanchit: 4:04pm On May 20, 2012
naijalodge: sometimes,some of you argue like wack that even a mad man will screem,all you ronaldo haters,answer these question and at the end,you'll tell me who's the best...

Guy u get time o.... Bt am sorry, i don't have time like u, bt all u r sayin r just crap/jargons, jst to reply few, dt won't need too much argument... Messi scored same number of hatricks as cr7 dis season, he even scored 4 in a match, ronaldo scored 12 pk's, while messi scored 10pk's, in la liga... Messi scored with his head in d cl final against man-u, cr7 has played only 1 cl final in his career, u talked abt speed, y won't he use speed, when he can't dribble 1 on1, u said shot, messi kicks d ball with common sense, u r shouting el-classico, dis is d 1st classico match cr7 shows himself, bt messi will always remain d player he is, either with big or small team, ronaldo said hes better dis season, when, he has only d laliga tittle to show for it, scoring 60goals, where was all his speed, shot, head n fk, when messi scored 72.... Pls do ur research, b4 u post robbish.... Mtcheeew...! I've not confirmed how many pk messi scored in d cl, but cr7 scored 4... If u minus d pk's cr7 and messi scored, messi is still leading by a wide margin...

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by manibuds(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2012
why all the talk about playing for other clubs or other leagues to be the best?
pele played for santos throughout his career,any other teams he played for was after he bid a popular farewell to serious soccer,like if drogba goes to play for a chinese club next season.
messi's shortcoming is his performance for his national team,CR7 is not extremely successful in this area as well.the world cup is the final confirmation of a player's greatness,if CR7 & messi do not win the world cup in their active days,they will fall into the category of puskas,Distefano,george best,george weah,papin,cantona,cruyff,kevin keegan,kenny dalglish,emilio butagueno,hugo sanchez,and more.club performance gets you nominated for greatness,world cup winners medal confirms your greatness,children born in 2012 will not agree to the greatness of messi in 15years time when he would've resigned becuase there will be newer stars to admire by then.1.pele,he won world club cup twice,won world cup thrice(although injured in 1 of the 3)2.maradona,won world club cup once,won first U-20 worldcup,won worldcup once and runner up once.Ronaldo da lima(aka o phenomeno),the real ronaldo,never won world club cup,but his superb club performances were confirmed with equally devastating world club displays,part of the world cup team of 94,needed to be drugged by the french in 98,won the world cup in 2002& included in the 2006 squad to break justin fontaine's world cup goal scoring record.messi may yet defy the trend of the great players,i.e be called great without a worldcup winners medal,this is unlikely.
messi is special no doubt.CR7 on the other hand is not special,agreed that presently he is at his athletic best,if most people today dont refer to van basten,gullit,ian rush,platini,voeller,ally mcCoist,jari litmanen,papin,ginola as great,then be rest assurred that future lovers of the game will refer to CR7 as very good,very effective but not great.heck even ronaldo asis(aka ronaldinho,he didnt want to struggle name with o phenomeno)is not refered to as great and he has a worldcup winners medal o.guys of this generation, keep video files of messi & CR7 because just might sound like a disillusioned old bros when you try to tell youngsters 15 to 20yrs from today that messi & CR7 were great but didnt win worldcup
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cusehcuseh(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2012
Sum pple dnt realy understnd grammer.C7 said,he's beta thn messi 4 nw whch is 4 d cncluded seasn whn tryin 2 evaluate d both.
1)C7 go 4 defence weneva necessery
2)C7 1st brk hs own record b4 messi topled hm.
3)C7 scored against Barca hm n away,twice.
4)C7 scored against all 19 liga opponents(teams)
5)C7 scored wt evry part of hs body evn wt hs back foot.
6)C7 won La liga n Madrid topled barca wt 9 points.
7)C7 does nt rely on fully on d hlp of hs teammate lik messi.He goes 4 d ball retrieve n distribute.
coolC7 is nt favord by Uefa lik messi
9)C7 distinguishes hs name both in club n national team unlike messi.
10)C7 is independent of hmslf unlik messi tht is dependent on xavi n iniesta.
11)C7 carry hmslf because hs a model unlyk messi
12)C7 strikes n scores 4rm far range unlik messi. Etc
Infact, 2 me, as far as dis cncluded seasn is cncern, C7 was mor outstandin dan messi.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cusehcuseh(m): 4:50pm On May 20, 2012
naijalodge:

Elclasico in nou camp,who shut the mouth of bacer? CR7..
copa d ray final against bacer,who scored the only goal that gave madrid the cup?....CR7...TO THINK AGAIN..
2008 CL semi final barca vs utd, C7 scored d only goal tht trashd out barca. Scored against all 19 liga opponents. Messi hasnt scored against C7 team b4.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by melvournis(f): 5:16pm On May 20, 2012
It is amazing![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by satmaniac(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2012
When comparing these exceptional players,we need to be objective.We need to consider certain things.
When last cr7 won d balon'd'or?and who d second best then?what are d criteria for one to be considered as world best?
Since then it has been messi all the time,even though one was controversial u can help but agree he deserve even second best,while ronaldo is not among the final list.
who score most?who assist more? I know u may ask what about the trophy won?is trophy d only criteria?
Oh I heard someone asking, why cant messi leave la Liga and seek for fresh challeng?oh yes! Cr7 conquered england and moved to spain for another conquest and met a problem in d person of messi,who refused to surrender spain to cr7.then i ask y cant he conquer spain?if he is truly better than messi.
On cr7 saying he is better than messi,pls dont blame the guy,he is suffering from lack of attention.if i were him I will do anything to get attention.
When messi neva come, cr7 be my world best,but now na messi o!we first lyk cr7,but there nothing wrong with lykin anoda better player.I know a lot ppl lyk me who're die hard cr7 admirer who saw d truth and got later converted to the new brand messi(i still lyk cr7 though).
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2012
all these market women arguments being made by 'learned people'. Ronaldo scores with head, ronaldo scores with both feet, ronaldo scores with dik, bla bla bla. Only messi's left foot scores more than ronaldo's head, 2 legs, dik. So its a plus to messi. Ronaldo broke la liga record, it is not who breaks the record but it is who has it. Ronaldo scored against all la liga teams and is still 4 goals behind messi, useless. Some 1mbecile keeps telling us how ronaldo performs for portugal. Biggest joke in world football!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Limaoscar: 6:30pm On May 20, 2012
For those of you deriding the poor guy, I watched the interview on CNN.
CNN's Pinto actually pressured him into making the comment. If you listened to the whole interview, dude was very graceful and spoke very highly of Messi and the obvious competition between himsel and Messi as well as Madrid and Barca, when it then boiled down to " who do you think is better you or Messi"..He chuckled a little and said "me ofcourse" and a general laughter ensued between him and the CNN reporter.

Point is, why do you want him on international TV saying Messi is better than Him when asked the question directly and knowing, they'd be considering both men for the balon'd'or award this year.....Didn't see where He's wrong appraising himself as better.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2012
fergie calls him unstoppable, wenger calls him play station, xavi and iniesta call him the best ever, rooney calls him the best in history, eto calls him god, balotelli calls him the only footballer better than him, robben and ribbery say they are not as good as him, maradona calls him his successor, grondona can not tell who is better messi or maradona, guordiola calls him the gretest, john terry's kids love messi more than their dad, thiago silva says you need the sign of the cross to stop him, pele gets sleepless nights because of him, Nowadays we see debates like who is the gretest, maradona, pele or messi. Ronaldo's name does not even get a mention!ronaldo fan boys quit tring to put to names ronaldo and messi in the same sentences. You are being ridiculous.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by manibuds(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2012
thank you ddippset.messi's genius is not in doubt,its his eventual position,maybe ontop,or between or a little below pele,maradona & o phenomeno that should be the subject of debate,messi's worldcup achievements,if they dont improve will eventually place him below these greats.zany wingers cum strikers of CR7's caliber have come and gone and almost forgotten,anybody comparing CR7 to messi is indirectly comparing CR7 with pele & maradona which is a big joke.anybody who has been watching soccer actively since the late 70s will give a long list of flashy wingers who many of this 'DSTV empowered' analyst never heard of or watched(i wonder how many of these watched world cup 78 or that brazil-italy classic of espana 82.messi is of a different class even if he does not score as many goals CR7.of the 3 popular ronaldos self,I rank CR7 the least,this is CR7 peak phase,he wont get better than o phenomenom,or ronaldinho at their peak.CR7 should consider himself lucky to have a messi to chase.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by naijalodge(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2012
you guys should stop talking like a tout,messi scores most of his 70+ goals on fake and controversial penalties,courtsy of fiffa.ronaldo scores all by himself,imagin ronaldo playing in barcer with xavi and iniesta,and messi playing in madrid,it will be the end of messi's reign...think before u talk..

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by kelvincoll(m): 8:41pm On May 20, 2012
cyril83: C Ron is still the best,he played a very good game in a tough league "ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP" where we have wolves as defenders,he then move on to spanish "la liga" still reigning...So u can tell ur one legged player to move on to another league and let's see what he's up to. Do u guyz know what it takes to leave ur teammates for another teammates and still adapt in no time...kudos to C Ron joor

U re so ON POINT!.... the same thing i tell my noisy neighbours, untill Messi reign in another league, He's just good but CR7 is better
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by lappymasta: 9:58pm On May 20, 2012
Messi comes across 2 me as a football genius, while i fnk c ronaldo is spectacular!
Thatz just it.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by dubezra: 10:21pm On May 20, 2012
My personal comparism.Dribble-messi win.Shoot power ronaldo wins.Header -cr7,pass accuracy-messi,free kick accuracy- cr7,marking-cr7,weak leg accuracies-cr7,ball controll-messi,1 on 1 finish-messi,speed on ball-messi.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by asidere(m): 10:46pm On May 20, 2012
I m tired of listening to arguments of who is best btw Cr7 and messi,let the fans,players and coaches judge.For me it is high time an african wins the award,maybe they can nominate drogba cos i think he is better too,he can win it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 3:27am On May 21, 2012
ronaldo isnt even as good as xavi and iniesta. all ronaldo does is score goals and shoot from 20, 30, 40 and even 50 yards. thats why he can have 1 million shots at goal in a single match. messi does not need to shoot randomly when he can easily dribble past the entire defence. how can one player be leading in both goals and assists at the same time? if ronaldo is the best in the world then messi is out of this world.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by akwunmi(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2012
cr7 is gud but must he b priding himsef?
empty barrel maks d loudest noiz...
messi wil neva utter such!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2012
dubezra: My personal comparism.Dribble-messi win.Shoot power ronaldo wins.Header -cr7,pass accuracy-messi,free kick accuracy- cr7,marking-cr7,weak leg accuracies-cr7,ball controll-messi,1 on 1 finish-messi,speed on ball-messi.

In your humble submission, both players are on the same level? Smh
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by devyktur(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2012
kayusfit: @Cyril83; so because Ronaldo played in england means he is better right? Whats so special about english league? Sergio aguero played his first season in england and scored 30 goals for mancity in all competitions. Papi Cisse of Newcastle came in January and was scoring freely in this same premiership. This is the same premiership thierry henry ruled for donkey years without going on a straight 3month injury. As wack as anelka is, he also won premiership topscorer with chelsea. The list goes on. Do we need to Tell Ryan giggs, lampard, gerard, rooney, Terry and ferguson to leave england so we can know they are truly good?? I think you are smoking banana leaves wrapped in wet wrizla.

Thank U very much. Simple truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea :UCL (1 - 2) On 27th September 2017 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Real Madrid: UCL (3 - 1) On 1st November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.