Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? (2597 Views)

When Your Boss Is Younger Than You / Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. / I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by noobymike: 7:59am On May 18, 2012
Hey everyone, I am a new sales person in my company, before I was Hired I was interviewed by my boss' daughter(didnt know she was the boss' daughter at the time), so first week at work everything was fine, when she sees me,she simes and ask me how is the work and things, but then after one week she start to give me the slience treatment(I could'nt figure out why she is doing this, I was thinking maybe is becasue the e-mail I sent to one of our client, I wrote the wrong shipment date, but I re-sent an e-mail to correct it just 5min after the original e-amil with apologizes and the client sent me an e-mail saying it was ok.), when ever she talking to my colleagues she trun her back aginst me, she dont even want to have eye contact with me, she does not give me any job to do and she exculded me from all activty at work. This is really hurting me,I feel like a useless person at work, I used to wake up at 5 pm and go jogging every day and then go to work, but now I dont even want to wake up, I feel so sad everyday, I dont why someone can do such things to another human bean, i mean if she is unhappy with my work, she could just talk to me and I will try to improve on it... I think she is trying to fire me or trying to make me quit the job, but becasue the contract i signed with the company stated that they have to hire me for at least 3 month. She can't fire me right at the moment.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks, should I just quit the job now?or try to talk to her?
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by Reality123: 9:13am On May 18, 2012
You should try talking to her in the "most formal" ; office tone manner.

- hello Ms. Xxxxx if you don't mind, I'll like to have a min. Did i do something wrong? -

better still jump in a do something that needs to be done even if you are not asked to. No laziness - give her no reason to fire you.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by Mavor: 9:36am On May 18, 2012
Better look for another job. Women can be funny and most of them make terrible bosses
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:13am On May 18, 2012
@OP
as someone said earlier, ask her directly if there is anything wrong, et voila!
you just started in this firm and you mayy have taken her courtesy as more than it was. at the beginning she did everything to make you feel welcome into this new firm, but now that you seem settled, its right down to business. aint you on probation? if she really didnt like you "like that" then you would be jobless right now, so CHILL!!!!
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by Melahou(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2012
u beta confront her,dere's somtin u may ve done 2her directly or indirectly...u cant work effective in an environment thats not conducive for working.
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by jezzmik(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2012
She is the boss.if she rly want u to work in that firm she would ve let u knw wat u did wrong but nw that she's nt saying anything he mind is mad up to fire u she only gv u that ponishment bcs of cmpny cotrat.dnt just move be looking for anther job then u complette the 3mnths as the cmpny signed. Femal bosser hmmmm
Re: My Boss Is Gving Me The Silent Treatment, What Should I Do? by olumide77: 1:45pm On May 18, 2012
May be you always look good more than her cos women can be jealous of one another in this aspect, if not just face your work. Kapish! And if you are a guy, maybe she's not comfortable looking @ you eyeball to eyeball.

(1) (Reply)

Ferderta International School (Port Harcourt) Still Recruiting / N-power Updates! / Incase You Need A Backup Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.