Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos (6063 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Bomb Explodes At Zaria Workers’ Biometric Screening Centre; Many Feared Dead / Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by ojesymsym: 8:46am On May 18, 2012
An eye witness has confirmed to me that there was an explosion along Lekki-Epe express road, after Ajah lagos that there was an explosion this morning (18-05-2012). The informations emanating from there are still sketchy, he does not think it was a bomb anyway.

The coincidence and proximity is getting too close for comfort.

Punch Newspapers ‏@MobilePunch
One injured as chemical truck explodes in Lekki, Lagos.
https://twitter.com/#!/MobilePunch/status/203375489174343681

Sad news coming from the Sangotedo area of the Lekki-Epe Expressway Lagos this morning.

A tanker has exploded burning cars and people. It was reportedly conveying cylinders with chemicals. The fire service appears to have been prompt on the scene but number of casualties not yet confirmed as traffic remains in a standstill.
http://newsnet.com.ng/betta/content/explosion-lagos?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by wesley80(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2012
^^ Which "coincidence" and "proximity" are u referring to?
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by ojesymsym: 9:01am On May 18, 2012
Coincidence: Boko Haram, Port harcourt Explosion and now Lagos.
Proximity: Moving southwards.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by JAkpayen(m): 9:02am On May 18, 2012
It's really not an explosion but a case of fire disaster probably from a fuel tanker. It was under control by fire-fighters by the time I pass there. About 5km from Ajah is the location.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by kombats: 10:00am On May 18, 2012
any explosion is nw getting ova hype in 9ja. Una go wan dey blame boko haram
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by Nobody: 10:13am On May 18, 2012
Its boko haram! Its called planting of car bomb . Thats the tactics of the new boko haram trained in Yemen and Somalia
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by london2lasgidi(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2012
Why the scare tactics?

Tankers have been exploding in Nigeria since the beginning of time. This isn't news worthy, it will just make people live in fear..

It seems BH has taken over the lives of Nigerians. sad
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by Beaf1: 11:09am On May 18, 2012
Very soon even if Nepa takes light people will blame it on Boko Harem.
My car had a flat tyre this morning and i think Boko Harem is behind it.

2 Likes

Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by LailaIkeji1: 11:18am On May 18, 2012
Beaf!:
Very soon even if Nepa takes light people will blame it on Boko Harem.
My car had a flat tyre this morning and i think Boko Harem is behind it.

my dearrrr, na so ooo.

boko haram has really terrified everyone that any explosion is now believed to b done by dem.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by ismhab(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2012
There are three types of boko haram: 1. Muh'd yusuf's boko haram. 2. Goodluck ebele's boko haram or PDP boko haram. 2. The criminal boko haram run by criminals or criminals amoung N'digbo.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by icemann(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2012
ismhab: There are three types of boko haram: 1. Muh'd yusuf's boko haram. 2. Goodluck ebele's boko haram or PDP boko haram. 2. The criminal boko haram run by criminals or criminals amoung N'digbo.

Please Learn how to spell and count
If you don't know the state of the Nation, you shut up and do a better research. Don't embarrass yourself in a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by ismhab(m): 11:55am On May 18, 2012
icemann:

Please Learn how to spell and count
If you don't know the state of the Nation, you shut up and do a better research. Don't embarrass yourself in a public forum.
To err is human, but to forgive is divine.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by icemann(m): 12:37pm On May 18, 2012
ismhab:
To err is human, but to forgive is divine.
ismhab: There are three types of boko haram: 1. Muh'd yusuf's boko haram. 2. Goodluck ebele's boko haram or PDP boko haram. 2. The criminal boko haram run by criminals or criminals amoung N'digbo.
Thou shall not bear false witness
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by chiste1: 12:45pm On May 18, 2012
Carnage from the explosion as at 7:45am today on my way to work.

Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 18, 2012
I saw it today it was a terrible accident. God have mercy on that Lekki-Epe route because there was another accident involving a Nissan Jeep and a Mac truck this afternoon around Abijo.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by clemmonce(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2012
THE MAN THAT OWNS THE CHEMICAL THEY WERE CONVEYING WAS INSIDE THE TANKER HE GOT BURNT AND DIED HE IS A FRIEND OF MY NEIGHBOUR I KNW HIM VERY WELL WE USE TO CALL HIM BABA Ayo
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by Nobody: 7:21am On May 19, 2012
I was on that route yesterday when somebody facebooked it, although Sangotedo is before Ajah. Eeyah, Sangotedo is my regular route too. It's a pity.
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by lastpage: 7:51am On May 19, 2012
clemmonce: THE MAN THAT OWNS THE CHEMICAL THEY WERE CONVEYING WAS INSIDE THE TANKER HE GOT BURNT AND DIED HE IS A FRIEND OF MY NEIGHBOUR I KNW HIM VERY WELL WE USE TO CALL HIM BABA Ayo

What kind of "Chemicals" are we referring to, here?
For it to suddenly explode.....and the weather is not very hot, in the preceding few days!

Does anyone has "info" on how and why it suddenly exploded....even when it was inside drums!
Or was Baba Ayo using the Drums to convey Petrol?

So many questions, no answer! angry

Lastpage!

One of the reasons l have this phobia of driving beside or anywhere close to these Tankers!
Re: Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos by Seyi62(m): 1:04am On May 20, 2012
undecidedit might be a scratch 4rm anoda vehicle cos there some kemikas dat contains gas n are not 2 be touch at al.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, PDP Northern Govs, Legislators In Secret Meeting / I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George / See Populatipon Of Each Tribe In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.