Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription (8697 Views)

Tips To Unlocking Glo Bolt And Mtn Huawei E303 Usb Modems / How To Connect Blackberry Bold 5 Internet With A System Using Mtn Subscription? / Celtel, Glo And Mtn Browsing Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 12:24pm On May 18, 2012
Hello good people of nairaland! Please I need help concerning my blackberry touch. I subscribe for #3000 MTN BIS service and I notice that whether I browse or not MTN still deduct my credit. No matter how much I leave on my account in the night before morning it will be gone. I called customer care and the guy I spoke with said maybe I use another browser apart from the phone browser and I said yes i use opera mini and he said that's the cause that I will be charged if I use it. I don't use opera again and this thing still continue. Please what can I do as I can not load credit on the phone again. Thanks
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mjay(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2012
Use another sim for your bb leave no money or subscribe for another data plan on the same sim. Either way your problem will be solved.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 12:49pm On May 18, 2012
So you mean there is no other solution. I thought maybe there is something I'm not doing right.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mikejesty(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2012
Try to c that u did not register for another plan of that network, I have a friend that is using airtel, each time he recharged, they deduct #100 out of is account every day, until he became fade u and call the customer care to complain, that was were he was told that he subscribe for airtel milloiner promo
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 1:07pm On May 18, 2012
I did not subscribe to any other plan. I even went to mtn office and they checked the phone and asked me to send 8 to 131 that it will stop but after I left there I recharged with #100 and I stayed for 10mins to check my balance and it was #85. I made just one call and after like 2hours the remaining credit was gone even as I did not browse. I'm just tired of this phone now.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by whizcode: 1:58pm On May 18, 2012
It has to do with ur settings.if ur network fluctuates a bit,ur credit would suffer for it.I used 2 have d same problem.a frnd of mine rectified it for me.I will ask him nd paste hw to do it for u
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 2:24pm On May 18, 2012
Ok thanks
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by lynxnoon(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2012
@poster
make sure u disable the apn in the connection settings
(delete any apn, username n password u mite have created before disabling d apn tab)

cheers
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 4:31pm On May 18, 2012
lynxnoon: @poster
make sure u disable the apn in the connection settings
(delete any apn, username n password u mite have created before disabling d apn tab)

cheers
please how do I do this on my device. I didn't create any username and password. I've never seen anything line apn on this phone before. I will really appreciate it if the settings can solve my phone's problem.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mavinc4u(f): 8:33pm On May 18, 2012
Tem01: please how do I do this on my device. I didn't create any username and password. I've never seen anything line apn on this phone before. I will really appreciate it if the settings can solve my phone's problem.
options - Device - Advanced system settings - TCP IP - APN
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 11:03am On May 19, 2012
mavinc4u:
options - Device - Advanced system settings - TCP IP - APN
Thanks for you response. I removed the apn as you said but I was unable to browse or ping after it. I got the response that I should review my network settings. I put it back in other to post this now.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by honsule(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2012
Tem01: Thanks for you response. I removed the apn as you said but I was unable to browse or ping after it. I got the response that I should review my network settings. I put it back in other to post this now.

To start with,u shouldn't have subscribed for mtn 3k BIS. #1500 BBC is the best,moreover it's unlimited.
i will suggest u do the following;
1.do not recharge your account and see whether u can ping and browse.
2.your BB using APN to browse means that mtn will deduct your money;Hence,under APN instead of the normal mtn APN use: blackberry.net username and password: web
NOte: If problem persist,use another sim and subscribe for BBC. KEEP US POSTED.CHEER!!!
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 1:09pm On May 19, 2012
honsule:

To start with,u shouldn't have subscribed for mtn 3k BIS. #1500 BBC is the best,moreover it's unlimited.
2.your BB using APN to browse means that mtn will deduct your money;Hence,under APN instead of the normal mtn APN use: blackberry.net username and password: web
NOte: If problem persist,use another sim and subscribe for BBC. KEEP US POSTED.CHEER!!!
honsule:

I was formerly using curve 2 with BBC subscription running for like 2 weeks then before I bought my touch 9800. I noticed immediately that MTN started deducting my money and when I called customer care I was told that maybe I've exusted my 200mb that I will have to wait until the subscription expires before I can subcribe again. I subcribe for BIS so that I won't experience them removing my credit again but it still continued after the suscription. I don't have credit on it now and the apn username is blackberry.net wit web as password.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by honsule(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2012
Tem01: I was formerly using curve 2 with BBC subscription running for like 2 weeks then before I bought my touch 9800. I noticed immediately that MTN started deducting my money and when I called customer care I was told that maybe I've exusted my 200mb that I will have to wait until the subscription expires before I can subcribe again. I subcribe for BIS so that I won't experience them removing my credit again but it still continued after the suscription. I don't have credit on it now and the apn username is blackberry.net wit web as password.

Forget about them BBC is unlimited now.so,can u ping and browse with zero naira using that APN: blackberry.net?
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 4:24pm On May 19, 2012
Yes I can ping and browse now with #0 only that I can't load card to make call as they will cut everything.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by honsule(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2012
well manage it that way for now.if u wanna make calls.recharge ur line but b4 doing that switched off ur data services by going to mobile network options.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mavinc4u(f): 1:08am On May 20, 2012
Tem01: Yes I can ping and browse now with #0 only that I can't load card to make call as they will cut everything.
what was your apn before u changed it to blackberry.net.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 8:24am On May 20, 2012
There was noting there before I put blackberry.net as user name and web as password but now I have reverse it to default as it seems browsing with the apn is very slow. Thanks for your time.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mavinc4u(f): 7:28pm On May 20, 2012
Tem01: There was noting there before I put blackberry.net as user name and web as password but now I have reverse it to default as it seems browsing with the apn is very slow. Thanks for your time.

this is how the settings should be

APN settings enabled: tick good

APN:if is a branded phone,it will display the network apn not mtn

APN Authentication Enabled: don't tick,leave blank

Username for APN:

password for APN:

register ur host routing table.when u are done disable ur data plan and roaming profile and if after that and the issue persist contcat mtn telling them u were using ur bis on a curve but changed to torch and a problem came up and u suspect that they have not updated ur bis plan to correspond with the new phone which u change into.it is possible an update will solve the issue.using the right statement with them clicks at times
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 11:14pm On May 20, 2012
mavinc4u:

this is how the settings should be

APN settings enabled: tick good

APN:if is a branded phone,it will display the network apn not mtn

APN Authentication Enabled: don't tick,leave blank

Username for APN:

password for APN:

register ur host routing table.when u are done disable ur data plan and roaming profile and if after that and the issue persist contcat mtn telling them u were using ur bis on a curve but changed to torch and a problem came up and u suspect that they have not updated ur bis plan to correspond with the new phone which u change into.it is possible an update will solve the issue.using the right statement with them clicks at times
The settings is blank now. No apn and username and password. The subscription I used on curve 2 expired before I subscribe again on this so I think if the first one was not registered on this device the subscription I did now should. Thanks
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by mavinc4u(f): 8:57am On May 21, 2012
ok,try the process i gave u or try another sim card on that phone,network sim could be the issue.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by Tem01(f): 12:10pm On May 21, 2012
Ok thanks.
Re: My Blackberry 9800 And MTN Subscription by AndroBlaze: 12:43pm On May 21, 2012
I'm having the same problem on my Bold at the moment as I just switched from Airtel to MTN (I never had this problem with Airtel). I am not too bothered as I will probably transfer all my remaining credit to another MTN sim anyway.

But I noticed no one has asked you if you have other 3rd party apps like 2go, Whatsapp or Ebuddy as these apps (or any apps that use the net) if not configured properly could be what is chopping your credit. I personally think that's what is chopping mine. Oh and just like you I have edited the APN wrongly but even that doesn't stop MTN from taking my left over credit, so I don't think you should bother yourself with that fix.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. / Can You Imagine Your Life And Work Without Smartphone? / WALLPAPER THREAD!!! Super Cool Wallpapers For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.