Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? (8004 Views)

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) / Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month / The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2012
alexleo: yeah its foolishness for us to think that God who created the body and the spirit has no power to create fire that can burn the spirit. Lets not allow foolish reasoning to limit God's power. Using the fire that burns the human body to compare to that of the spirit man is a height of foolishness. For example, the fire that burns a firewood which is ordinary fire cannot melt an iron. Yet there is heat of fire that burns iron. The heat is not the same as that of wood. If human could be creative enough to develop this things is it God the creator that we ll now begin to think that he wont be creative enough create a fire that can torment the soul which is the spirit man? He has said it in the scriptures and its true. Wether anybody believes it or not is immaterial because those who have died without Christ are there now burning. God has given some people the privillege of seeing these things and coming back to life to testify of its reality. Again wether you people want to believe it or not doesnt change anything rather when you die you ll find that its true but too late for you. May God help you.

Are you suggesting that unbelievers go to hell as soon as they die? Can you please provide biblical references for this?
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by alexleo(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Do you realize that you are the foolish and the unreasonable one here with the answers you have provided? If that is not clear to you by now, it would've been clear to your fellow christians already. Two different fires? I have never heard such a crock of BS in my entire life.

I find it very amusing at how hard you try to keep the flames of the hellfire burning within your christian beliefs. You are literally bending backwards to keep the belief in such a horrible place alive. Is hell really that important to the Christian theology? If so, what does that tell you about the said theology?

And, btw, you have not told us how the immaterial spirit self can be burned. Physical bodies can be burned, but spirits cannot. Do we agree on that?

Am not here to do foolish argument about wether there is different kind of fire or not. For all i care, its foolishness for anybody to believe that God in all his power of creation does not have the power to create hell fire that can burn the spirit. It is a let down on the power of the creator for one to reason like that. You think am begging you to believe? Everybody in hell now is a believer because by now they are experiencing it but its too late to come out. Anybody who chooses not to believe is simply postponing the day he will believe it and that day must surely come when the person crosses over to eternity. If you like play whatever game you like with the message thats your business. Nobody goes to hell for another. You go there all on your own head. We cant stop warning you about hell and the importance for you to prepare for heaven because this are the two final destinations for every soul. Of course danger warnings are shouted several times and over at the roof top so its not abnormal if we warn you about hell.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2012
logicboy:

What even makes the scriptures holy? What is holy about leveticus and its promotion of homophobia and slavery?

The holy scriptures is fairy tales. There is no proof of hell or heaven.

Let's examine the idiotic belief in heaven and hell;

A rapist-robber comes to rape and steal from an atheist lady. The atheist lady is raped and killed. The atheist lady goes to hell

The robber goes to prison and then repents and converts to christianity. He helps fellow inmates to do good. He goes to heaven.

The rapist goes to heaven while the innocent woman goes to hell. Praise tha non-existent God!

A Christian is not better than an atheist but the Christian is better off.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: Maybe you could live the preaching and actually answer the question asked of you. If i am right that you do not have a clue, then i ask you how you can allow yourself to believe such fairy tales created specially by occult groups to coerce you into believing a dogma built on lies? How can you people do that to yourselves? How do you live with yourselves and the lies you have been told? The worst thing you can do to yourselves is lie to yourselves and live a life of lies.

I hope you break free very soon for the sake of your mind and soul, bro, for the soul is a priceless gift given to you to guard and protect from such mind viruses. Get well soon, olaadegbu. And i mean that with utmost sincerity.

If you need answers would the answers from the Holy Scriptures be acceptable to you? Would you believe it if I quote the Holy Scriptures?
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 3:17pm On May 22, 2012
may i point out that hell as a doctrine is not limited to christianity, infact, it is adopted from the earlier religious beliefs of the greeks and zoroastrians, and later Islam followed suit. Long before Christians made any reference to hell, other religions around the globe knew all about it.Many many religions have hell to scare people into believing their "truths". its just part of the overall strategy, without hell scare, many people will be objective to evaluate the validity of many statements of their religion.

for info and comparison on hells of different religions visit this site http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/23/heaven-and-hell-according-to-various-religions/

If a mind has not been brainwashed from childhood to believe a religion, common sense and rational logic will clearly show that hell scare is a very good motivation to follow any religion.

humans have always been scared of the unknown afterlife and religions fully capitalise on this to instill fear on its adherents so that they will be FORCED to believe whatever the religion commands them to believe.

a deeply religious mind will NEVER entertain in his heart anything that contradicts what his religion teaches him because he will not want to risk his eternal salvation and go to hell. e.g. Christians MUST believe that Jesus Christ is the only Lord and Savior or they will burn in hell forever; Muslims MUST believe that Muhammmed is the Messenger of God or else they will burn in hell forever etc etc

But the fundamental logical truth is that everything that has a beginning MUST DEFINITELY have an end.
since our life and consciousness has a beginning, it must of necessity have an end
billions before us have died and none has come back to say they are still alive anywhere. (except, of course, some people's graphic hallucinations which is subject to religious bias).
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2012
ijawkid: There's no realm as hellfire....
Its a myth....

When the scriptures uses fire it is everly symbolic...

When it does use everlasting fire it becomes even more symbolic....

My fellow christians in d house I would like to ask some few questions ...

IS d city of sodom and gomorrah still burning

And from pictures and videos I've always noticed that satan is depicted as been in a hell fire holding a pitch fork waiting for his cohorts...lol

Is that correct too??

Because from d scriptures satan isn't in hellfire.....

Also is the lake of fire d same as hell fire

I understand then, that everything is symbolic.
It is also symbolic hell, and satan is symbolic ... the Judeo-Christian god is also symbolic ...
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

A Christian is not better than an atheist but the Christian is better off.
Hello dear friend!
It is a great joy to greet you!

better off.
On what parameters?
Completely disagree with the comment.
An absurdity!
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 5:19pm On May 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:

It is also symbolic hell, and satan is symbolic ... the Judeo-Christian god is also symbolic ...

Ptolomeus my friend, you are very very very funny

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:

D bible using everlasting fire simply denotes everlasting destruction,complete destruction.2nd death...

Death or destruction wit out d hope of ressurection...

Like I asked is sodom and gomorrah still burning

Yet that city and its wicked inhabitants suffered d purnishment of everlasting fire.....

That's my point nigga...
Lol
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by alexleo(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2012
@Ijawkid,
there is nothing symbolic about hell. Hell is very real. Yes there is a realm called hell and that realm is in the spiritual thats why its a place for the spirit man just like heaven. If you say hell is symbolic it means heaven is also symbolic and God is symbolic and if that be the case why answer christians again. My brother dont be deceived by all these nonsense that the atheists has been posting here. Hell is real. Heaven is real. God is real and the creator of all human including the atheists and all things.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2012
alexleo: @Ijawkid,
there is nothing symbolic about hell. Hell is very real. Yes there is a realm called hell and that realm is in the spiritual thats why its a place for the spirit man just like heaven. If you say hell is symbolic it means heaven is also symbolic and God is symbolic and if that be the case why answer christians again. My brother dont be deceived by all these nonsense that the atheists has been posting here. Hell is real. Heaven is real. God is real and the creator of all human including the atheists and all things.

Little questions for you??

Do the words hell and hell fire mean d same thing

What about the lake of fire?
What is it?

What does everlasting fire mean??

Where is adam and eve the chief rebels of God??

I wanna know where adam and eve are now as we speak......

When exactly was hell fire created if it is infact a real place ?

@ least we know in d beginning God created the heavens,what about hell fire??

If persons will spend eternity burning in hell and still be alive then it means @ d end of the day both evil doers have d prospect of living forever....

You forget that d gift God gives is everlasting life,but d wages of sin is death......
Romans 6:23

And there is no way evil doers are gonna get that gift wether in torment or in enjoyment

Answer these questions my bro...
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 7:02pm On May 22, 2012
@ alexleo,
can you reconcile the idea of a good God according to the Bible with what you had been teaching here. you urself, can you stand to witness a man screaming in pain for billions and billions of years and offering no help to such a person, even though you have the full capacity to do so, does the crime of not believing something unreasonable enough to justify this hell you are describing. you might say God didnt create it for man, but he still send people there according to your beliefs.

pls drop your biblical bias and see that this is sheer wickedness and such a Being deserves no worship or even acknowledgement. if you keep your belief to urself no problem, but to preach that to people is to extend to others the intimidation you had been living under.

i'm sure you yourself are scared of hell that is why you close your eyes to this glaring wickedness you are ascribing to God according to your understanding of the Bible. a true God(if there is one, anyway) will not threaten his creatures like this. open ur mind and think for second. and stop this hell-mongering business.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hello dear friend!
It is a great joy to greet you!

better off.
On what parameters?
Completely disagree with the comment.
An absurdity!

Greetings to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. How is the weather with you?

What I meant by being better off is that a Christian is no better than a non-Christian, but a Christian is infinitely better off. The analogy is when two men as passengers on a plane, one of whom is wearing a parachute while the other is not wearing one. You see, neither of them is better than the other, but the man with the parachute is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump from the plane at 30,000 feet in the air.

A non-Christian jumping through the gates of death without putting on Jesus would crashland while a Christian, having put on Jesus Christ would have a save landing and thus becomes better off.

Jesus warned us that if we jump into death without Him, we would perish, and even harsher than the law of gravity is the law of an infinitely holy and just Creator. The Holy Scriptures states that sinners are God's enemy (Roman 5:10) and that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31) The Evidence Bible.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 7:24pm On May 22, 2012
dorox: Though i am a christian, I personally do not believe hell is an everlasting place of fiery torture. One of the main attributes of the God i worship is justice, he is forever putting everything on a balanced scale, hence i cannot see how He will subject somebody to an eternity of torture for living an ungodly life of one lifetime. More so life is a gift that God gave to us without any precondition, it is eternal life that has a precondition (John3:16).
If you truly understand and believe in the existence of Hell fire, you will hate God for His injustice, detest your parents for bringing you to life and and refrain from having kids of your own.

you are so so true, that was exactly what led me to start questioning the existence of god and validity of religions and holy books in the first place. personally i believe such a god deserves no true worship or even acknowledgement, even if he promises heaven somewhere else. threats of hell in the afterlife will never make you reason like a normal human being again. you will be FORCED to believe anything you were told just to avoid losing your salvation and going to hell.

imagine a man that proposes love to a lady and says "i love you so much that i will lay down my life for you, pls believe me for what i'm saying. BUT if you dont believe, i have a secret torture chamber originally created for my enemy. i will lock you there forever with no hope of escaping at all, even if you eventually realise that i love and you change your mind about me, i will never forgive you for disbelieveing me. NEVER."
tell me is that love. which right thinking woman will willingly chose to marry such man.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 7:37pm On May 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Greetings to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. How is the weather with you?

Jesus warned us that if we jump into death without Him, we would perish, and even harsher than the law of gravity is the law of an infinitely holy and just Creator. The Holy Scriptures states that sinners are God's enemy (Roman 5:10) and that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31) The Evidence Bible.

have you done any research at all to understand how the bible was compiled.
do you know how and when the Greek mythological teaching of hell was adopted by early christians.
sinners are the enemies of God you said. how are they enemies of god. did they steal something from God. or offend him any way to deserve a life sentence of continual pain. hmmm. humans as wicked as we are can never do this even to our enemy. Surely, the image of God created in your mind by your religion is more wicked than the character of even the most wicked of human beings.

the truth you dont know is that Paul and the New Testament authors invented the notion of Hell to control people. Theologians today still debate whether it is a state of mind, or a real place, and whether souls really burn in it. Parents, ministers, pastors, clerics, and priests, don’t seem to debate it. Hell works great for them and they throw it around to scare everyone. Pastors love hell. Parents love hell. Televangelists love hell. For all of them, it makes their job easier and takes away much of the need to explain right and wrong. its simple: don’t do what I say and you’ll go to hell. None of them will question why God did not tell the Chinese, the Jews, Africans, Asians, Indians, or anyone born before the Apostle Paul about hell. It works too well for them to consider that it was made up for their benefit.

Good luck with your beliefs of intimidation from a supposed God of Love
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2012
dorox: Though i am a christian, I personally do not believe hell is an everlasting place of fiery torture. One of the main attributes of the God i worship is justice, he is forever putting everything on a balanced scale, hence i cannot see how He will subject somebody to an eternity of torture for living an ungodly life of one lifetime. More so life is a gift that God gave to us without any precondition, it is eternal life that has a precondition (John3:16).
If you truly understand and believe in the existence of Hell fire, you will hate God for His injustice, detest your parents for bringing you to life and and refrain from having kids of your own.

Good point....

Why do evil doers need to suffer eternal torment(eternal life) ,while our 1st parents who landed us in d wahala we are just returned to d ground(dust))

That'll be injustice on d part of God...

But ofcus Everlastin fire denotes total cutting off of evildoers.....
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2012
A small sketch:

The christian God is twisting the arm of one of his beloved creation, a man.

BIBLE GOD: Love me!!

MAN; Aaaaaaargh!!! (in excruciating pain)

BIBLE GOD: Love me, bi-tch!!! (twisting the poor man's arm even more)

MAN: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! You are hurting me!!!

BIBLE GOD: What? You think that hurts?! How about some FIRE?!

The christians in this thread have not even come close to addressing the original questions. I am still waiting. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: A small sketch:

The christian God is twisting the arm of one of his beloved creation, a man.

BIBLE GOD: Love me!!

MAN; Aaaaaaargh!!! (in excruciating pain)

BIBLE GOD: Love me, bi-tch!!! (twisting the poor man's arm even more)

MAN: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! You are hurting me!!!

BIBLE GOD: What? You think that hurts?! How about some FIRE?!

The christians in this thread have not even come close to addressing the original questions. I am still waiting. cool

haha LOL. i was just imagining one of our 9Ja men being the poor man.. grin cheesy
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2012
I am imagining olaadegbu and alexleo to be the poor man. No wonder they wanting others to suffer the kind of pains they suffer from the "love" of their arm twisting hell threatening ever loving biblical deity. grin wink
PAGAN 9JA:

haha LOL. i was just imagining one of our 9Ja men being the poor man.. grin cheesy
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by alexleo(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: I am imagining olaadegbu and alexleo to be the poor man. No wonder they wanting others to suffer the kind of pains they suffer from the "love" of their arm twisting hell threatening ever loving biblical deity. grin wink

unfortunately for you there is nothing like poverty around me. Lets not begin to boast with the things of this life because thats not the issue here. Yes I love God. Yes He is ever loving God. I ll rather die serving him than live and not serving.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 9:25pm On May 22, 2012
alexleo:
Yes I love God. Yes He is ever loving God. I ll rather die serving him than live and not serving.

since you love dying for God, how about tasting the second death you are scaring people with. that's a brave way to truly die for God. If you truly love God and you want to die for Him, ask him for a second death in the Lake of fire.

Mr Alexleo, if only you can just keep silent about this hell business of yours, and reason like a normal person. what you dont know is that you are turning more and more people into atheists with this portrayal of wicked vengeful God, who would want to serve such a wicked (non-existent) God. you are shooting yourself in the leg, broda.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 9:30pm On May 22, 2012
cyrexx:
imagine a man that proposes love to a lady and says "i love you so much that i will lay down my life for you, pls believe me for what i'm saying. BUT if you dont believe, i have a secret torture chamber originally created for my enemy. i will lock you there forever with no hope of escaping at all, even if you eventually realise that i love and you change your mind about me, i will never forgive you for disbelieveing me. NEVER."
tell me is that love. which right thinking woman will willingly chose to marry such man.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:33pm On May 22, 2012
You'd rather die getting your arm twisted and your behind roasted by your loving god, you mean. wink
alexleo:

unfortunately for you there is nothing like poverty around me. Lets not begin to boast with the things of this life because thats not the issue here. Yes I love God. Yes He is ever loving God. I ll rather die serving him than live and not serving.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 9:40pm On May 22, 2012
you are in hell right now. you didnt know ? let me give you the transition of paradise ( heaven ) to hell. revelation 6 vs 4, job 9 vs 24 and romans 11 vs 11. those 3 chapters tell you when the changing of the guard from heaven to hell happened. so heaven and hell are conditions on earth. However the lake of fire is real. the lake of fire will only be in babylon ( america ). the cage of every vile and hateful bird in the world who made the whole world drunk with their philosophys ( democrazy ) and way of life ( anywhere you go in the world is americanized now ) and ruled the earth with terror ( you can ask libya and iraq and afghanistan they will tell ya how terrified they are ). everything i have written are biblical verses cuz i dont want to inundate this post with verses so i will write them out. so this is how america will be taken down according to the book of revelation and jeremiah and isaiah. the beast has 7 heads and 7 crowns on its 7 heads and 10 horns. the beast is the ancient roman empire which became the modern american empire ( this is their power base today. in ancient times the power base was in rome ) which which is in control of the world and has been in control of the world since the european rennaisance. their biblical names are really edomites. the 7 heads represent the 7 hills of rome. the 7 crowns means that the world will be ruled by edomites ( romans ) ( white people ) the 10 horns represent the offshoot of the roman empire which is the european countries that make up the european union. so if you read the book of revelation it says in that time, the 10 horns will turn on the beast and destroy it and will shoot arrows ( modern day missiles ) into babylon that will make peoples eyes melt in their socket, tongues melt in their mouth and skin disintegrate from their body ( this is thermonuclear missile heat ) and will turn babylon into a lake of fire. what this means is that americas destruction will come from the european countries all turning on america and destroying it with thermonuclear missiles. america is a land sorrounded by a body of water. when the land mass is engulfed in thermonuclear fire, if you take an aerial view of it, it looks like a lake of fire in the midst of waters. this is where the term LAKE OF FIRE is coined. so basically if you dont reside in america, you dont have to be worried about the lake of fire. the lake of fire is americas destruction in thermonuclear fire.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 9:44pm On May 22, 2012
is it just me or does this poster sound like a "sick" patient who has not taken his drug in a long time.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2012
cyrexx: is it just me or does this poster sound like a "sick" patient who has not taken his drug in a long time.
who me ?
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by alexleo(m): 10:14pm On May 22, 2012
cyrexx:

since you love dying for God, how about tasting the second death you are scaring people with. that's a brave way to truly die for God. If you truly love God and you want to die for Him, ask him for a second death in the Lake of fire.

Mr Alexleo, if only you can just keep silent about this hell business of yours, and reason like a normal person. what you dont know is that you are turning more and more people into atheists with this portrayal of wicked vengeful God, who would want to serve such a wicked (non-existent) God. you are shooting yourself in the leg, broda.

The truth of God's message must be told. Wether u believe it or not doesnt change anything. Yes you like to hear sweet messages but sorry, sometimes truth doesnt sound good but it must be told.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 10:46pm On May 22, 2012

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 10:48pm On May 22, 2012
buzugee: you are in hell right now. you didnt know ? let me give you the transition of paradise ( heaven ) to hell. revelation 6 vs 4, job 9 vs 24 and romans 11 vs 11. those 3 chapters tell you when the changing of the guard from heaven to hell happened. so heaven and hell are conditions on earth. However the lake of fire is real. the lake of fire will only be in babylon ( america ). the cage of every vile and hateful bird in the world who made the whole world drunk with their philosophys ( democrazy ) and way of life ( anywhere you go in the world is americanized now ) and ruled the earth with terror ( you can ask libya and iraq and afghanistan they will tell ya how terrified they are ). everything i have written are biblical verses cuz i dont want to inundate this post with verses so i will write them out. so this is how america will be taken down according to the book of revelation and jeremiah and isaiah. the beast has 7 heads and 7 crowns on its 7 heads and 10 horns. the beast is the ancient roman empire which became the modern american empire ( this is their power base today. in ancient times the power base was in rome ) which which is in control of the world and has been in control of the world since the european rennaisance. their biblical names are really edomites. the 7 heads represent the 7 hills of rome. the 7 crowns means that the world will be ruled by edomites ( romans ) ( white people ) the 10 horns represent the offshoot of the roman empire which is the european countries that make up the european union. so if you read the book of revelation it says in that time, the 10 horns will turn on the beast and destroy it and will shoot arrows ( modern day missiles ) into babylon that will make peoples eyes melt in their socket, tongues melt in their mouth and skin disintegrate from their body ( this is thermonuclear missile heat ) and will turn babylon into a lake of fire. what this means is that americas destruction will come from the european countries all turning on america and destroying it with thermonuclear missiles. america is a land sorrounded by a body of water. when the land mass is engulfed in thermonuclear fire, if you take an aerial view of it, it looks like a lake of fire in the midst of waters. this is where the term LAKE OF FIRE is coined. so basically if you dont reside in america, you dont have to be worried about the lake of fire. the lake of fire is americas destruction in thermonuclear fire.

Hahahahahahahaha.....

Oboy the bible calls d lake of fire d second death!!!!!!.....

And also death and hades are thrown in that lake of fire....

My brother so u mean death and hades will be thrown in america

Satan too,false prophets,d wild beast,d kings of d earth,d political system of this world and all d liars will also be thrown into d lake of fire according to revelation....

Is that fire still literal or symbolic??
Or is it still in america where all this will happen??

The lÀke of fire can't be literal...

Death is abstract!!!
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahahahahaha.....

Oboy the bible calls d lake of fire d second death!!!!!!.....

And also death and hades are thrown in that lake of fire....

My brother so u mean death and hades will be thrown in america

Satan too,false prophets,d wild beast,d kings of d earth,d political system of this world and all d liars will also be thrown into d lake of fire according to revelation....

Is that fire still literal or symbolic??
Or is it still in america where all this will happen??

The lÀke of fire can't be literal...

Death is abstract!!!
when it says death is thrown into the lake of fire, it means when christ returns, spiritual death will be eradicated because you will all see the savior and will no longer need faith which is the barrier for a lot of people. a lot of people are in spiritual death because they have no faith. they cant believe what they cant see. that death will be thrown in the lake of fire. its a symbolic sentence

however there will be a physical lake of fire in babylon ( america )
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2012
buzugee: when it says death is thrown into the lake of fire, it means when christ returns, spiritual death will be eradicated because you will all see the savior and will no longer need faith which is the barrier for a lot of people. a lot of people are in spiritual death because they have no faith. they cant believe what they cant see. that death will be thrown in the lake of fire. its a symbolic sentence

however there will be a physical lake of fire in babylon ( america )

If spi®itual dÉath will be gone which I agree,physical death nkor??

What about hades

What about d false prophets including satan himself??

Will they all converge @ america to be burnt up??

If d death there in revelation is symbolic,what should make d place this death(symbolic) to be thrown into be literal(america)??
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2012
ijawkid:

If spi®itual dÉath will be gone which I agree,physical death nkor??

What about hades

What about d false prophets including satan himself??

Will they all converge @ america to be burnt up??

If d death there in revelation is symbolic,what should make d place this death(symbolic) to be thrown into be literal(america)??

hades is another name for GRAVE.

Physical death will remain but you will live to be as old as trees ( i am guessing a tree lives to a thousand years like it was in the beginning like methuselah and them ) instead of the 120 years maximum we have now ( genesis 6 vs 3 ) ( isaiah 65 vs 22 )

satan is not a seperate entity. satan resides in every man. everyman has a satanic and a holy spirit. this is how you can indulge your freewill. when Jesus was being tempted by satan do you think some man named satan walked up to him and started talking to him and tempting him ? that was him fighting temptations within himself. christ was fighting his own satanic side and he prospered.

america is a special place because it is the light bearer of the world. it is lucifer. it controls and runs the world. over 200 million native americans and over 100 million negros were slaughtered to establish the place. scripture says america is the home to every vile and hateful spirit in the world. this is why america has a special date with destruction and extinction. read the book of jeremiah, isaiah and revelation. you will get a proper insight

and let me complete that your last statement. it goes like this ' death and hell will be thrown in the lake of fire when christ kingdom is established on earth ' this translates symbolically to ' spiritual death and suffering will be eliminated when christ rules the earth ' basically hell will be transformed to heaven. no more pain and suffering. pain and suffering make conditions on earth a hellish existence. this will stop when christ establishes his kingdom. so in essence hell will be cast into the lake of fire. hell is a condition on earth that will be eradicated when christ reign on earth. as well as spiritual death ( death) cuz as explained earlier, faith will no longer be a requirement because you will see him. this will eradicate lack of faith which causes spiritual death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy / Where Is God's House? / Lagos Govt Moves Against T.B Joshua Over Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.