Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,769 members, 7,802,354 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

African Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Massacre (1220 Views)

Zaria Massacre: #WhereIsICC Currently Trending On Twitter / Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Breaking : Massacre In Niger State, 33 People, Traditional Leader Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Massacre by frank7777(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
Fellow Africans, What is it that is going on in Sudan? It is another Civil War brutally ending the lives of Women and ChIldren, not to talk of the countless number of men dying in the active duty of the rebel force or the Military or those running away with their families to safety. What is the U.N doing about this? Let us not be fooled, they will watch them die because they have no political interest in a country like Sudan. We saw it happen in Rwanda when they said that they are not peace makers but peace keepers.
Let us not be fooled by the presence of their Military, or their tanks and weapons, or aids. If they had wanted this massacre to die from the beginning they would have prevented it. Let us not have another Baghdad in Africa, let us say no to advance colonialism. They say that Nigeria has not a permanent seat in the United Nations, yet they welcome the presence of the Supreme Nigerian Army with their gallant ground force. In a bid for peace, Nigeria has lost soldiers in Sudan yet they say we do not deserve a permanent seat in the UN.
Fellow Africans It is terrible,
Re: African Massacre by biggerboy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2007
u no dey see road/
Re: African Massacre by Khams: 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2007
Frank, obviously u re at the wrong forum. Look elsewhere. sad sad sad
Re: African Massacre by Migines(m): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
I cudnt possibly care less wat is happen in sudan. If u dont mind look around nxt tym(if there ever will)
Re: African Massacre by Bankole01(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
It is the brutality of Isalam and the Saudis, we are witnessing. The supporter of APC is supported by Saudi Arabia to witness brutality on darker skinned Africans, who also happen to be Christians.

This is the same way Arabs were at the fore front of rading villages,capturing and selling black Africans into slavery!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: African Massacre by willy4: 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2007
frank7777:

They say that Nigeria has not a permanent seat in the United Nations, yet they welcome the presence of the Supreme Nigerian Army with their gallant ground force. In a bid for peace, Nigeria has lost soldiers in Sudan yet they say we do not deserve a permanent seat in the UN.
Nigeria Arm Forces are bunch of dirty HIV infected untrained Zombi, that was why they were easily killed. And a Failed Nation like Nigeria that respect no human right deserve no permanent seat in the UN.
Re: African Massacre by texazzpete(m): 1:02am On Nov 17, 2007
@poster
Why did you have to spoil your post with foolishness? Is it not the same UN that has been begging the Sudanese Government to allow them enter and intervene? is it not the Chinese that have resolutely vetoed any attempt to sanction Sudan for allowing this massacre to happen?
Where did you see the UN tanks in Sudan?
Shebi if the UN enters Sudan without the govt's permission you won't be the first to start screaming of an illegal war?

Your line about advanced colonialism is so crazy, i found myself wondering if you were on crack. So if outsiders cannot solve Africa's problems they are agents of colonialism abi?

The only wise thing you said was concerning the security council seat. if i was president of nigeria, we would have had the UNSC seat. Simply announce to the UN that Nigeria would refuse to partake in any peacekeeping operation in Africa unless we are rewarded by the seat. The Un would have no choice; Nigerian soldiers make good cannon fodder grin
Re: African Massacre by Afam(m): 4:11am On Nov 17, 2007
Unfortunately, the leaders in Africa have allowed this unnecessary killing to go on and it is not fair.

The southern Sudan can and should fight to have a separate state not just to remain alive in the larger Sudan.

But again China is doing to Sudan what the US is doing to Israel, protection based on selfish interests.
Re: African Massacre by Pain(m): 4:50am On Nov 17, 2007
Some comment on this forum reveals the depth of insolence of some forum members. This guy just made a good observation. I advice that if you have nothing constructive to say, just keep shut. Remember I didnt call names, except you know who you are.
Re: African Massacre by willy4: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2007
How can a cage(Nigeria) killing her own innocent citizens in thousands can be able to keep peace in another country. A country where there is no security, how can they secure the life of others. A failed Cage like Nigeria deserve no seat at UN-SC, and also Nigeria Military men(ZOMBI'S) are bunch of THIEVES, they are not in SUDAN(Darfur) to keep peace but to steal and add more disgrace to themselves, Eg it was because of their Stealing habit that angered the Darfur people and that made them to kill some Nigeria Zombie(army) last time.
I will advice them to come back home with their rusted guns and face their real occupation Armed Robbery
Re: African Massacre by texazzpete(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2007
@Afam
For once i agree with you.

@Pain
you wouldn't know a 'good observation' even if it bit you in the arse.
Re: African Massacre by Pain(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2007
texazzpete:

@Pain
you wouldn't know a 'good observation' even if it bit you in the arse.

Rubbish Talk undecided I wouldnt trade words with u. So u can go ahead and fill the thread with venom after this. I never mentioned names but like I said the empty vessels sure know themselves.

Dont expect a reply (You aint worth shit) after this because u are so so predictable. cheesy Texazpette or is it Super-Ted?
Re: African Massacre by almondjoy(f): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2007
willy*2:

Nigeria Arm Forces are bunch of dirty HIV infected untrained Zombi, that was why they were easily killed. And a Failed Nation like Nigeria that respect no human right deserve no permanent seat in the UN.

Gbam! grin

willy*2:

How can a cage(Nigeria) killing her own innocent citizens in thousands can be able to keep peace in another country.

A country where there is no security, how can they secure the life of others. A failed Cage like Nigeria deserve no seat at UN-SC, and also Nigeria Military men(ZOMBI'S) are bunch of THIEVES, they are not in SUDAN(Darfur) to keep peace but to steal and add more disgrace to themselves, Eg it was because of their Stealing habit that angered the Darfur people and that made them to kill some Nigeria Zombie(army) last time.
I will advice them to come back home with their rusted guns and face their real occupation Armed Robbery

Passion, passion and more passion. grin
Re: African Massacre by Iman3(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2007
Afam:

Unfortunately, the leaders in Africa have allowed this unnecessary killing to go on and it is not fair.

The southern Sudan can and should fight to have a separate state not just to remain alive in the larger Sudan.

But again China is doing to Sudan what the US is doing to Israel, protection based on selfish interests.

Had to drag in Israel and the US in a discussion about Sudan.It seems its in The Code that everything involves Israel.
Re: African Massacre by Afam(m): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2007
I-man:

Had to drag in Israel and the US in a discussion about Sudan.It seems its in The Code that everything involves Israel.

And the dog you are will never face facts. An idiot like you that feels that you have the right to say what you want to say on anything regardless of the correctness or otherwise have no right to question a statement of fact.

In case your warped sense of reasoning failed to understand my post I will break it down for you.

It is wrong for China to use its veto power just to support Sudan based on its selfish interests.

Same way, it is wrong for the US to use its veto power to support Israel based on its selfish interests.

The fact remains that while idiots like you will always want to paint the likes of China bad it is equally important to point out that China is not alone as your almighty US is also playing the same dirty game elsewhere, silly thing.
Re: African Massacre by almondjoy(f): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
he he he he he he he he he cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

And the saga continues!
Re: African Massacre by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Pain
Don't worry. Posterity will judge me harshly indeed if i waste my time arguing with you.
Word of advice before i move on: don't fire an opening salvo if you cannot stand a war of wits.

@Everyone
Can we call a truce on this one and focus on the issues pertaining to Sudan and Darfur? We're african and sudan is an african country, the people of Darfur are black just like us. If it comes up that China is a major player in the continuation of violence, we must direct our ire there. it does no good to rope in the US or Israel at the moment in this topic.
Re: African Massacre by Afam(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2007
texazzpete:

@Everyone
Can we call a truce on this one and focus on the issues pertaining to Sudan and Darfur? We're african and sudan is an african country, the people of Darfur are black just like us. If it comes up that China is a major player in the continuation of violence, we must direct our ire there. it does no good to rope in the US or Israel at the moment in this topic.

My dear, I find it hard to understand why you always oppose anything against the US and you are here advising that we focus our attention on China for trying to protect its interests, something that is clearly wrong, as wrong as what the US keeps doing in the middle east with its constant support for Israel.

It is important for the world to see the hypocrisy and sycophancy being displayed here.

However, if we must not involve the US then we should as well not mention China unless double standard is what you prefer.
Re: African Massacre by texazzpete(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Afam
i do not dispute that the US usually is biased towards Israel for its own strategic interests. You may freely bring this up when you're in your usual anti-US mode, i won't dispute that.
However we're talking about Darfur here, and your fellow Africans are dying like flies. Perhaps in your preoccupation with the uS and Israel you have not realised the scale or the enormity of the carnage, but more people have died in Darfur than in Iraq, very many innocent women and children are dead. And they are Africans, just like you and i.
In tackling this case we should look at the parties standing as a clear obstacle to peace. And China and the Sudanese government are the clear baddies here.

For once, cast aside your snide comments on the situation in the Middle East and focus on a theater that should concern you even more.

But it's clear that i'm fighting a losing battle trying to reason with you. From what i can glean from what you've said, as long as there's instability in the Middle East there might as well be in Darfur, right?
It shows that if you were the UN Sec. general you'd do nothing to stop this carnage.
Re: African Massacre by Afam(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2007
Your hypocrisy is stinking to high heavens, good luck.
Re: African Massacre by almondjoy(f): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2007
And the "truce" saga continues!
Re: African Massacre by almondjoy(f): 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2007
He he he he he he he he he he he he cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Just tickled to death as usual!

Some people just bring out the best in us---all the time!
Re: African Massacre by chidichris(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2007
UN has no right to go into any country over demostic crises. abacha used to call on the western world to stay clear because nigeria can take care of her problems. mugabe is stil saying zimbabwe can handle her problems if at all there is any. might amercia through un force herself into suddan, it is still this same group of people here that will turn arround to shout.
by the way, is suddan and zimbabwe stronger than africa as a whole? if no why can't other african countries rise up against them?
we always find a way to put blame our own madness on the westerners.
nigeria as the giant of africa shld be doing enough to ensure peace and harmony in africa even if we can't have that in nigeria.
Dear poster,
are you saying if it is within your reach, u will make nigeria a member of the security council even with the situation of things in nigeria?
i do hope u know the implication of been a member of the security council?
Re: African Massacre by Orobert: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Willy*2, you speak so lowly of Nigeria! if you ve ever witnessed the brutality of war. Your perception of life woulod be a lot more different. I really don't think you should be making others who re human enough to look the other way.
There is a fact which you must ve to note, We re Nigerians, We re Africans, Our nation and continent is under a serious seige which as responsible citizens we must join forces to combat.

Friend that is what Our nation Nigeria is doing right now, if our numerous "good works" earns us a seat at the Security council- very wonderful.

But please, just seating behind a PC is not the best, STAND and get counted.

God bless Nigeria!!
Re: African Massacre by willy4: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2007
Orobert:

@Willy*2,
Friend that is what Our nation Nigeria is doing right now, if our numerous "good works" earns us a seat at the Security council- very wonderful.
But please, just seating behind a PC is not the best, STAND and get counted.
God bless Nigeria!!
UN-SC seat are not for wandering cage like Nigeria, a troubled cage that have no direction.
Tell me one good work done by Nigeria why they deserve the seat. the looting and stealing of what left in Liberia and Sierra-Lone by Nigeria dirty soldiers, that's the good work?. From Peace Keepers they turned Loot Keepers.
Or are you not aware how HIV infected dirty Nigeria Ecomog soldier raped and impregnated thousands of vulnerable teenage girls in (S-lone and Lib). was that a good example or evil.
Nigeria want UN-SC seat, so that they can help secure other nations, right!!!!. This cage(Nigeria) people living in it are they secured?=NO.
Re: African Massacre by Horus(m): 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2007
Darfur rebels spurn Chinese force

Rebels in Darfur have demanded that peacekeepers from China pull out of the Sudanese region just hours after the arrival of 135 Chinese engineers. The army engineers arrived on Saturday to prepare for a joint UN and African Union peacekeeping force of 26,000. The key Justice and Equality Movement (Jem) rebel group accuses China of being complicit in the Darfur conflict. Last month the group attacked a Chinese-controlled oilfield, kidnapping several workers.

Chinese force

The Jem says it wants China to withdraw its support for the Sudanese government. They say that oil sold to the Chinese is being used to fund government operations in Darfur. Rebels would not allow the Chinese into areas controlled by their forces, Jem leader Khalil Ibrahim told the news agency Reuters following the arrival of the engineers.

'Oil for blood'

"We oppose them coming because China is not interested in human rights. It is just interested in Sudan's resources," he said. "We are calling on them to quit Sudan, especially the petroleum areas." Mr Ibrahim did not say whether he would target the Chinese engineers. "I am not saying I will attack them. I will not say I will not attack them," he said. "What I am saying is that they are taking our oil for blood." The Chinese engineers are tasked with building roads and bridges and dig wells ahead of the deployment of the joint peacekeeping force planned for January. The rebels have said they would not object to peacekeepers from any country other than China. But on Friday, Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir said his country would only accept non-African troops from Pakistan or China. A month ago the Jem attacked Sudan's Defra oilfield in the Kordofan region, run by a Chinese-controlled consortium, the Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company. Jem said at the time that the Chinese company had one week to leave Sudan. An estimated 200,000 people have died during four-and-a-half years of fighting in Darfur, with a further two million people displaced.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7111206.stm
Re: African Massacre by Afam(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2007
Then they should bring in peace keepers from Pakistan is China is unwanted by the rebels, chikena.
Re: African Massacre by Orobert: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2007
@Willy*2,
Rereading your post, the words of Theodore Roosevelt came readily to my mind. He said that “Its not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause and who, at best knows triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knows neither victory nor defeat”

Get down to work, so we can see or better still talk about your actions!
Re: African Massacre by OEPHIUS(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2007

when people talk with such stupidity the reality dawn on me that a lot of people on this planet are simply dumb

liberia, serria leonne, congo etc and you call  nigeria a failed nation where do you live coma hills?
and about the Un permanent seat nigeria has more claims to it than any african nation

Gowon was the one who set nigeria's first foreign policy and that is to pursue the intrest of the African anywhere and that is why we did so much to bring south africa out of racism and are still spited by same
about the armed forces that just shows how little people know even the Almighty american armed forces have problems within their ranks and nobody calls them names
Re: African Massacre by willy4: 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2007
liberia, serria leonne, congo etc and you call  nigeria a failed nation where do you live coma hills?
and about the Un permanent seat nigeria has more claims to it than any african nation
Gowon was the one who set nigeria's first foreign policy and that is to pursue the intrest of the African anywhere and that is why  we did so much to bring south africa out of racism and are still spited by same
about the armed forces that just shows how little people know even the Almighty american armed forces have problems within their ranks and nobody calls them names
[quote][/quote]
Anyone have the right to make claims, so Nigeria can too. But UN-SC seat is not for a failed country like Nigeria.
In a real civilised world, Gowon suppose to be at DEN Hague, facing crime against humanity. He is a war criminal. haaaaahaaaa funny world, you people helped brought South Africa out of racism, but tribalism/discrimination is a culture in your county.
Re: African Massacre by davidif: 7:18am On Dec 14, 2007
@migines
I cudnt possibly care less what is happen in sudan. If u don't mind look around nxt time(if there ever will)

How could you be so evil you hear of more than 400,000 dying and you don't care, you are an evil evil person.
The bible says that on the day of judgement, we shall give account of every careless word that comes out of our mouth, you my friend would give account of what you said. remember the bible also says, "out of the abundance of the earth, the mouth speaketh", so you've just shown us what kind of person you are.

@biggerboy, and khams
I am amazed at your indifference and you wonder why our country is so pathetic. People are dying probably as we speak, instead of feeling sympathy, you are so extremely hard hearted; i am sure you feel that "bad things happen to people all the time" as if they are just animal who just got killed. That's why our useless joke of a country will remain that way for a looooooong time. Everybody over there is just so insensitive and hard hearted that's why you have politicians or rich folks in covoys of hummers and jaguars driving past people leaving in refuse or squalors lie Mushin or Oshodi and not feel anything at all talk less of a heart break, most oyinbos would see this and have an epiphany, some would weep uncontrollably, some would even go as far as committing suicide. On the other hand, the average Nigerian like you don't even feel anything towards your people, because you all dead emotionally. Some of you even smile or yell at people who beg them or people of lower class (eg gateman, mechanic). Don't worry ehn, keep up the good work, your country is sitting on a tinderbox which will soon explode and you refugee behinds would start begging USA for asylum.I don't even know how some of you even have the nerve to go to church. Y'all better ask God to break your hearts of stone so that you can have compassion for people like Jesus did.
Re: African Massacre by babasin(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2007
Guys, write whatever you want:

Fact is:

it is BLACKMAN that dying/getting killed in Sudan everyday.

And this rubb on you wherever you go. it is that simple.

until we love ourselves, we will all die alone.

(1) (Reply)

Senators Angry With Yar’adua Over Reference To Jonathan As Vice President / Ministerial List! / Ikeja-ipaja-sango Express Pot Holes,where Is Ferma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.