Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better (2012 Views)

FAAN Impromptu Interview Invite. / Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office / Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better by kabirat(f): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
I noticed that most organisation Boss are not always happy knowing that their staff wants to leave for another company. Even, if the staff personally told them about it or tender a resignation letter, they still feel unhappy. Which makes me wonder if it is worth it informing them ahead about your intension to leave (either personally or through writing) or present an impromptu letter?

Please nairalanders, i need your opinion on this.
Re: Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
the proper thing is to inform them personally since you've been working together for a while. they cant hold you back from your life-opportunities and they owe it to their conscience to wish you the best, if they dont want you to go let them match the incentives/opportunities you are being offered at the new place.
Re: Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better by clutch162(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
i really don't know how u feel because i don't have any working xperince . But i very much Agree with Ziddy.
Re: Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better by nkan(m): 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2007
You owe your company an obligation of formal writing to inform them of your intention to leave. Nobody can stop you from leaving. In as much as you have signed a document to accept the offer, you must write to inform them. There is a legal implication to that. The company has the right to say they no longer need your services at any time, you equally have the right to say you don't wantto work again,but whoever that does it must inform the otherparty on time. Apart from the legal reason, there is moral justfication in doing so.

1 Like

Re: Impromptu Resignation Or Formal Resignation, Which Is Better by kabirat(f): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for ur responses. But what if the employee was employed as a contract staff, lets say for two years. what do u advise the person to do assuming he/she has another better opportunity waiting?

(1) (Reply)

My Boss Pissed Me Off - What Do I Do Now? / A Graduate Of Computer Science Is Needed In Abuja / Nerc Recruiting Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.