Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

In Dire Need Of Honest Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Dire Need Of Honest Advice (3228 Views)

your honest advice to This Young Family / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / I Need Your Help And Honest Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
2mch: Good news that you found a temporary solution. Now think of what you are good at. What are you really good at? Did you check in your school for scholarships or teaching assistant jobs? It is summer now in England. Use that time to do something for yourself, and try to earn your school fees. Think about what you can do. Is it teaching or tutoring? Baking? Sewing? Think of something lucrative you can do with your hands. If your school doesnt have scholarship i suggest you transfer to a school that does and will offer you such opportunity. Goodluck. Quitting is not the best you can do for yourself. So many have found themselves in your situation and have humbled themselves to work in Mc Donalds. I dont think you are the hustler type sha, you just want to quit. With your attitude you can only survive in Nigeria where you are given everything
I got a weekend cleaning gig to weeks ago. i doubt if it gets any lower than that. lol. trust me, i humbled myself a long time ago and that was how i was able to get somebody to squat with. This experience has been humbling on its own. If it's a job and is legal, i will do it. My visa gives me 20 hours work permit and i work Fridays and saturdays. It's something but it isn't enough to pay my tuition. There are no scholarship opportunities in my school. None at all. I actually spoke to somebody that needs a tutor but i'm science inclined and he isn't. As per the hustling thing, everything i put in my mouth is from my sweat. I do it from cleaning houses and stuff. Na how i don hustle reach be that. If you can come up with any kind of hustle i can do, i would appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to read and drop a line.
Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
P406: If you are not sure about being with him then please don't take
his money.I can see you are raising issues about your relationship that gives me an
impression that you want to bail out on him.Be sure about your motive.Then i have two questions for you,
1. how do you feel about your BF?
2. Are you having an affair in the UK?
I love him. No questions about that and no, i'm not having an affair. of course not. About the issues,I guess I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and that led to some re-evaluation.
Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by 2mch(m): 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
ms.anon:

I got a weekend cleaning gig to weeks ago. i doubt if it gets any lower than that. lol. trust me, i humbled myself a long time ago and that was how i was able to get somebody to squat with. This experience has been humbling on its own. If it's a job and is legal, i will do it. My visa gives me 20 hours work permit and i work Fridays and saturdays. It's something but it isn't enough to pay my tuition. There are no scholarship opportunities in my school. None at all. I actually spoke to somebody that needs a tutor but i'm science inclined and he isn't. As per the hustling thing, everything i put in my mouth is from my sweat. I do it from cleaning houses and stuff. Na how i don hustle reach be that. If you can come up with any kind of hustle i can do, i would appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to read and drop a line.

Good for you. Can you learn to do hair? A lot of people make so much money doing this. you madams hair is expensive! After that you can also begin selling hair. You can also post in your school on the advertising boards for anyone looking for a tutor. The agreement should be payment in cash, in the school! Check restaurants that will pay you under the table/ off the books as a waitress. There are many restaurants that do this. Most restaurants hire illegals, so i dont see why you cant get something. You can also go from door to door in nice rich places with families or people that you know have families in your church and ask them if they will need a nanny (Be careful here, its better to use people in church). Only under the table payments will be accepted. I also know that in England you can get a certification to do home health? You can use your 20hrs to do such. Am sure they pay more money than cleaning. Then hustle for the rest. So many opportunities and things for you to do. Take advantage of the summer.

Make sure you start researching schools that offer scholarships so that you can transfer there on scholarship since your grades are very good.
Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by GboyegaD(m): 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
ms.anon:
Thanks for your comments. I would look into letting the school authorities know that my sponsor is not capable of paying my fees anymore. The 1.2 mil isn't accumulated debt but the other part of my fees. I'm not from a wealthy home like I stated earlier, really focused and an A student. I've always managed to live and spend like the money came from my father's sweat. Also, my boyfriend doesn't have the money per se at the moment. He's expecting some contracts and is quite optimistic that he'll be able to pay the debt and subsequent tuition. Thanks for the replies. Any input at all is appreciated. I'm at the point where I want to make a decision and I'm weighing my options. Thanks, guys.

Asides that, while thinking of how to get the outstanding cleared, I would suggest you transfer to a community college particularly one in a location where you have someone whom you can live with and share the bills that way you can save more and reduce your spending greatly.
Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by obicentlis: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
What's up Poster, how did it go? HavE you settled ya school debt?
Update us plz.
Re: In Dire Need Of Honest Advice by kingsolve(m): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2014
It's been years now, please how did it go? I believe you have passed all those challenges successfully.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot / Toilet Seat Debate / Please Can Someone Tell Me What I Did Wrong Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.