Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 (26448 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 12:18pm On May 19, 2012
Please i intend buying this car and i will like to know if its a gud choice, if its reliable and durable. Also where can i get a good clean one in Lagos that has not been driven in Naija, thank you as you advise.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
pls make una offer advice naw, wat can any1 say about d EX-L.
Wat are the pros, cons, maintenance, durability. . .etc
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by okito: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
The 2007 honda accord EX-L is a good machine to drive, though it's more expensive than others. I ve been driving mine for a year now and no single major issue. I ve driven through floods, very bumpy roads and all, still it remains strong. Just ensure you service as often as necessary. Also make sure you get a copy of the manual and have it handy at all times. Once you change the engine oil, be sure to adjust the oil life to 100%, following the instructions spelt out in the manual, as most of these mechanics do not know how to do it. Use original parts at all times. Before you pay for the car, run thorough diagnostics-VERY IMPORTANT. Where you can get a good one, honestly I do not know. I combed the major areas where you have car dealers for over 2 months, including the whole stretch of western avenue and ikorodu road but didnt quite get what I wanted-I managed to get mine by a stroke of luck from a private seller, you may however try Inspired Autos. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
okito: The 2007 honda accord EX-L is a good machine to drive, though it's more expensive than others. I ve been driving mine for a year now and no single major issue. I ve driven through floods, very bumpy roads and all, still it remains strong. Just ensure you service as often as necessary. Also make sure you get a copy of the manual and have it handy at all times. Once you change the engine oil, be sure to adjust the oil life to 100%, following the instructions spelt out in the manual, as most of these mechanics do not know how to do it. Use original parts at all times. Before you pay for the car, run thorough diagnostics-VERY IMPORTANT. Where you can get a good one, honestly I do not know. I combed the major areas where you have car dealers for over 2 months, including the whole stretch of western avenue and ikorodu road but didnt quite get what I wanted-I managed to get mine by a stroke of luck from a private seller, you may however try Inspired Autos. Cheers!

thank you very much i really appreciate, but could you throw more light on the AC(climate control),fuel consumption .
thanx
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Andrew3(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
mr john thomas aaah mr thomas john that model is a very good one. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by mjay(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
Av driven mine for 9 months, and it's still kool. It once exposed my mechanic when he used oil other than Mobil one, the oil dropped to 15% after one trip, when he used original went back to 100%. It's a good and strong car and fuel efficient is super.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2012
Add correct money and buy Honda crosstour.Very intimidating car I tell ya. grin
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by xlad21(m): 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
Just bought mine in february, I took it from the container, drove it to Abuja and I ve been using it for 4 months now and never been to a mech. Its a good/nice car, but it always ultimately depends on who you buy from or the health of the one you buy. I handpicked mine in US, before it was shipped down, just above 40k mileage.....you just gotta be careful and hope you are lucky. Fuel consumption wise, it aint as efficient as camry (I used camry just before this, 2001 camry). But its a good car, no question.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by mahel: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2012

Hmm! Believe mi d car is 1 to have, hv been driving mine 4 4yrs nw and tink hv only changed d breakpads 3x nuttin else. D ac perfect..fuel very good! Also a gud ride 4 omoboy!!
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Evasmil4(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
thomasjohn: pls make una offer advice naw, wat can any1 say about d EX-L.

Any way, Hunda cars are very strong and durable, i have used diffrent models of accord.
Really it takes more fuel dan toyota cars.
Only peaple who used theirs for more than 4 years can advise you correctly.
Try look arround you and ask ur mecho, hunda have more of their front wheels removed on the road, so after 2 years old u need to be checking the front wheels regulaly to prevent it from disappointing you on the road 1 day.
it is also very good for hot regions, so you hardly hav issues of over heating.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by seunspice(m): 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2012
I drive the 2009 model, bought it in 2010, its the best car to drive. Considering i have driven a Corolla 2008 and other brands. I have done 62,000 kms and i wouldn't swap it for any other brand at least till i can afford the Range Rover sport 2012.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by cypherz: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2012
Pls when y'all ask for a review on a ride, endeavor to attach a picture of the vehicle so some of us who aren't so great at distinguishing models can be carried along and learn

8 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by zylla(m): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2012
its a wonderful car to drive. I' ve been driving mine for a yr now and i've changed my pads only once. serviced it according to the onboard computer and i've been enjoying it.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by optimusprime2(m): 12:06am On Jun 24, 2012
thomasjohn: pls make una offer advice naw, wat can any1 say about d EX-L.

Weeeeell it all depends on the state of the car when bought from the dealers, in order to experience optimal performance- but I tell you, if your dealer hands you the keys to a Honda Accord Ex-L thats in top condition... Its drivin' in luxury and style all thru.
Though you need to change the oil as required, but I promise you, that car's engine is "RELIABLE" except for minor touchups like brakepads you should'nt visit mechanics like dat for maintenance issues. But *Note* after everywhile have ur tire rod ends and front shafts checked- to avoid A standard issue Honda accord "surprise", dis is 3yrs of experience.
The car is fuel efficient- but if Efficiency is what you are desiring in a car of that category, I suggest you go for Toyota's Camry, but the Honda packs more power under the hood than the Camry(those who'v travelled long distances with both cars 'll know what I'm saying).
but jus so you'd know, the 09 model of the accord EX-L is more fuel efficient than the 07, so you might wanna go for the 09, if u can.
All I can say is read thru the owners manual very well and you would'nt regret buying the car.
And oh when you get it, try not to Bash it.
Just Drive.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Escalated: 12:25am On Jun 24, 2012
Good posts and topic here. I am in same dilemma either to take this Discussion continue Honda or 2006/06 Camry. Can anyone pop into this plssssssss
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Escalated: 12:26am On Jun 24, 2012
[b][/b]2005...
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2012
Thanks to everyone for contributing, very enlightining posts.

cypherz: Pls when y'all ask for a review on a ride, endeavor to attach a picture of the vehicle so some of us who aren't so great at distinguishing models can be carried along and learn
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by luvola(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
thomasjohn: Thanks to everyone for contributing, very enlightining posts.

The pic is not 2007 it's 2006
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by luvola(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
thomasjohn: Thanks to everyone for contributing, very enlightining posts.

The pic is not 2007 it is 2006. 2007 has fog light bumper and rare light as a white reverse light
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by FindOut(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
luvola:

The pic is not 2007 it is 2006. 2007 has fog light bumper and rare light as a white reverse light

nope. YOU are wrong here smiley . The pic above is a V6 (from the double exhaust & this type of alloy wheels) 2006 or 2007 Honda accord.

The ones with fog lights are rare, & they are 'special edition' models i believe.

Then the ones you see with white & red rear lights are those that were sold brand new in NIGERIA, & not the american or canadian specs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Find Out!:

nope. YOU are wrong here smiley . The pic above is a V6 (from the double exhaust & this type of alloy wheels) 2006 or 2007 Honda accord.

The ones with fog lights are rare, & they are 'special edition' models i believe.

Then the ones you see with white & red rear lights are those that were sold brand new in NIGERIA, & not the american or canadian specs.

thanks for clarifying it to him, there ar even 2006 wit fog lamp and 2007 witout fog lamps.
the ones wit foglamps are very rare, and there is aftermarket for lamps ppl put.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by thomasjohn: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
Escalated: Good posts and topic here. I am in same dilemma either to take this Discussion continue Honda or 2006/06 Camry. Can anyone pop into this plssssssss

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by mjbaba: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
The car is cool but the engine parts are expensive. Only last week changed power steering pump( Belgium) for 30k. And I don't know why the brake pads require constant replacing. But performance wise, it's a great car that u'l really really enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by paix(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
I used it for a year, it was a sweet car. Fuel efficiency is fairly okay, but Toyota is more economical.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by rasputinn(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Add correct money and buy Honda crosstour.Very intimidating car I tell ya. grin

That's a feminine car,except he's buying for the wifey

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by optimusprime2(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2012
Escalated: Good posts and topic here. I am in same dilemma either to take this Discussion continue Honda or 2006/06 Camry. Can anyone pop into this plssssssss

It depends on what you are looking for as a driver, as per style et al...
Personally because of how I drive(I love Acceleration/power in a car), I prefer the Honda EX-L "07 to the 06/07 Camry due to sheer Engine power*that initial takeoff*
1- the Honda Accord Unleashes 268horsepower of its V6 while the V6 edition of the 06/07 Camry pops out just 158horsepower(probably because the Camry's engine was designed for fuel efficiency)
2- The Honda EX-L has a bigger engine 3.5 liter, compared to any of Camry's 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4 liter engine editions.

Apart from the engine/power where the Honda EX-L clearly outmatches the Camry, the interior of the Honda is cooler than the Camry- it boasts of a more intersting Dashboard, theres that pilot feel, like you are in the Cockpit of a plane, complicated looking lights and buttons. The Camry's dashboard is rather boring generally, especially at night; that mono flourescent green backlight is sooo dull.

But where the Camry has an edge over the Honda is its fuel Efficiency(for those who use the AC and constantly look at the fuel guage) all I can say is the Camry is about one of the best fuel efficient cars I know.
Secondly a 06/07 Camry is cheaper than the Honda EX-L 07 (Camry's are cheaper than Accords basically).
Thirdly, auto parts for a Toyota Camry in Nigeria are cheap, and available- Honda parts are relatively available, but not that cheap(compare the prices of some parts in both cars and you'l understand what I mean).
Not to forget, it seems regular Nigerian Mechanics prefer fixing Camry's to Honda Accord's esp the EX-L's, because they say the Camry's Engine is more straight forward. So if you have a Camry, you are less likely to have beefs with regular mechanics. A Honda EX-L requires a pretty advanced mechanic, or else.
On Character defects;weeell, to me the 06/07 Camry has little issues with the braking system no matter what you do, I dunno why, I drive fast so I know what it means when you need urgent brakes.
The EX-L like all Accords should have its front shaft/Tire rod ends checked regularly to prevent what I'd term "The Honda Surprise" and secondly proper driving habits make your transmission system in a Honda Accord live long.
Generally both cars are awesome machines, but like I said it depends on what you are looking for in a car.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by jybolee: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2012
@optimus prime, i can help but comment on this Honda suprise,it can really be frustrating especially when am travelling and i see a clean EOD OR Discussion continues halted because the tire rods have given way,at times damaging the fenders.It is so bad dat i remember seeing a babyboy drive past me on a road with no pot holes and suddenly i saw smoke and car halted only to see dat the Honda suprise had once again popped up.Well hope Honda gets it right but am still always a Toyota camry fan.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by iykeG(m): 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
I think the issue of a "Honda surprise" has to do with neglect of drivers of such cars. I remember when I brought my first Honda "98 Accord" as a first car, I drove it for 2 and half years without changing shocks and checking my front wheel until I had dis Honda Surprise. The ball joint pulled off at the center of the road. Come to think of it, I have only changed the back shock ones even with the bad roads I pass every day. The mechanic will only say my shocks are okay. Unlike Toyota cars that one must change shock for every 3, 6months or so depending on the usage, it is by then you hear one noise after another. I think during that period of changing those shocks in Toyota cars, the mechanics also look out at other front wheel components to check for those funny sounds.

So it all boils down to you a Honda user. whenever you change your brake pad, tell your mechanic to check your shafts and ball joints especially when you are driving the car for 3yrs or more in najia road. It might save you some stress for another 12 months or so depending on your usage. Accord 07 is a good car, got a friend who uses it but you have to pay for the power it delivers depending on your driving style I guess. Toyota cars are all about comfort but no power, but Honda combines both power, comfort and style. Both brands are durable, reliable, fuel efficient and Strong but Honda has more power. I am getting the 07 accord EX-L with time because I love the power.

jybolee: @optimus prime, i can help but comment on this Honda suprise,it can really be frustrating especially when am travelling and i see a clean EOD OR Discussion continues halted because the tire rods have given way,at times damaging the fenders.It is so bad dat i remember seeing a babyboy drive past me on a road with no pot holes and suddenly i saw smoke and car halted only to see dat the Honda suprise had once again popped up.Well hope Honda gets it right but am still always a Toyota camry fan.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Esosa01(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2012
mjbaba: The car is cool but the engine parts are expensive. Only last week changed power steering pump( Belgium) for 30k. And I don't know why the brake pads require constant replacing. But performance wise, it's a great car that u'l really really enjoy

sorry to hear about your steering Pump, but i can advice you for the brakes, the fake and original, the fake u replace almost every 2 months, u know it is fake when it begins to stain your tyre with black dust and screams all the times even if u have not swam water with it. the original pad u can once in almost 8months. this is based on Lagos roads mainland to VI every morning and back. it only scream when u swim water and u would be begin it to finish.

the difference in price is less than 3k or 5k u have to insists on it when u r buying if not your mechanic may not know the difference cos they sure really look alike only price difference. one is more expensive to the other.

honda accord 2007 is the best car i have driven in its class (not comparing BMW and BENZ)but compared to toyota. it calls u to drive the road like u are a race driver and u still have balance and feel in control at 140/160 km/h. last year i went to PH 5 times and abuja 2 times no issues jut wake up and go

my only advice is try as much as u can to use MOBIL1 i cant guarantee performance with a low grade oil.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by awenaibangbee: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Actually, there is a V6 Camry with a 268bhp engine. The 2.4 litre 4 cylinder is rated at 188 bhp
optimus-prime1:

It depends on what you are looking for as a driver, as per style et al...
Personally because of how I drive(I love Acceleration/power in a car), I prefer the Honda EX-L "07 to the 06/07 Camry due to sheer Engine power*that initial takeoff*
1- the Honda Accord Unleashes 268horsepower of its V6 while the V6 edition of the 06/07 Camry pops out just 158horsepower(probably because the Camry's engine was designed for fuel efficiency)
2- The Honda EX-L has a bigger engine 3.5 liter, compared to any of Camry's 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4 liter engine editions.

Apart from the engine/power where the Honda EX-L clearly outmatches the Camry, the interior of the Honda is cooler than the Camry- it boasts of a more intersting Dashboard, theres that pilot feel, like you are in the Cockpit of a plane, complicated looking lights and buttons. The Camry's dashboard is rather boring generally, especially at night; that mono flourescent green backlight is sooo dull.

But where the Camry has an edge over the Honda is its fuel Efficiency(for those who use the AC and constantly look at the fuel guage) all I can say is the Camry is about one of the best fuel efficient cars I know.
Secondly a 06/07 Camry is cheaper than the Honda EX-L 07 (Camry's are cheaper than Accords basically).
Thirdly, auto parts for a Toyota Camry in Nigeria are cheap, and available- Honda parts are relatively available, but not that cheap(compare the prices of some parts in both cars and you'l understand what I mean).
Not to forget, it seems regular Nigerian Mechanics prefer fixing Camry's to Honda Accord's esp the EX-L's, because they say the Camry's Engine is more straight forward. So if you have a Camry, you are less likely to have beefs with regular mechanics. A Honda EX-L requires a pretty advanced mechanic, or else.
On Character defects;weeell, to me the 06/07 Camry has little issues with the braking system no matter what you do, I dunno why, I drive fast so I know what it means when you need urgent brakes.
The EX-L like all Accords should have its front shaft/Tire rod ends checked regularly to prevent what I'd term "The Honda Surprise" and secondly proper driving habits make your transmission system in a Honda Accord live long.
Generally both cars are awesome machines, but like I said it depends on what you are looking for in a car.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by elite(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Informative thread. Considering this ride seriously cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson To Begin Manufacturing Of Low Cost Vehicles In 2018 / Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) / See The New Limousine Keke Napep Spotted In Festac, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.