Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38481 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 7:18am On May 20, 2012
But the yeye amalgamation IS a big MISTAKE.
It is evil to see such a truth and deny it!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by queensmith: 8:31am On May 20, 2012
Why you will decide to preside over a country that you think is in the wrong direction with no viable solutions is beyond me. The man is self confessed incompetent, why he doesn't just step down and hand the post over to someone else is simply because he is too busy stealing money.
Not only is he stealing bantu bantu amounts of money, he is sitting down and telling us the state of the country is hopeless.
The man is a shameless coward and this is the day I fully realise that, it's a shame he was voted in, its even more shameless that he can sit down and tell nigerians this rubbish and all we can do is listen.
Well done to him, being able to bulsh*t 150million people just became an easy task.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 8:51am On May 20, 2012
egift:

That saying is true. But even if you have a brain of a fish, you will know that if all the following conditions are applicable, that whatever insults are hauled towards you are false, distractions and carry no weight: (Here are the conditions)
- That the only people who are vigorously opposing are Beaf and his his other omo-krikris (jmaine, wesley80, werepeLeri, etc)
- Any time they post and their comments have no logical illumination or contribution to the topic, but insults to the OP.
- And it does not take them long to start posting funny faces and animated graphics.

If the 3 postulations above are in play be rest assured that the topic is highlighting the frequent gross incompetence of Jonathan. And that its so serious it is indefensible and shameful.

All the wriggling and dancing above doesn't change the fact that you have serious comprehension issues . . .i gave you a simple advice to rephrase your question to match the article so as to attract a robust discussion . . . But here you are, still doing what you blind rabid GEJ haters love doing best . . .singing discordant tunes when your folly and mischief has been duly trashed and exposed . . .

Btw, my fun pics do help in driving home lots of messages than an ordinary smiley would . . . So just get used to them . . . . Even though it annoys the hell outta ya . . . .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by PointB: 8:52am On May 20, 2012
The fact remains that the original amalgamation of Nigeria was done for very wrong reason, and indeed done the wrong way. If the President acknowledges this fact, I cannot find fault with him, and there is nothing divisive about such (not that division in itself is a bad proposal).

In acknowledging the problems heaped on us from 1914 (before or after the amalgamation as we were not told here), the President should take the necessary steps to propose solutions to this wrong.

I agree with him though that we have to review how we have lived so far. A SNC has never been so needed in this country. We might soon be shooting ourselves in the streets if we continue to avoid this dialogue.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2012
PointB: The fact remains that the original amalgamation of Nigeria was done for very wrong reason, and indeed done the wrong way. If the President acknowledges this fact, I cannot find fault with him, and there is nothing divisive about such (not that division in itself is a bad proposal).

In acknowledging the problems heaped on us from 1914 (before or after the amalgamation as we were not told here), the President should take the necessary steps to propose solutions to this wrong.

I agree with him though that we have to review how we have lived so far. A SNC has never been so needed in this country. We might soon be shooting ourselves in the streets if we continue to avoid this dialogue.

PointB:
You are right. But let me straighten it.
1. Since everyone has been complaining about the 1914 event did anyone complain NO. What we are stating here is the fact that as President, Jonathan do no have the right or luxury to question or speak against the Nigerian Territorial Integrity, if he do, it amounts to Treason. Why because he took an oath that as President.
2. If he feels there is need for a reform there applicable laws. But not to be lambasting Nigeria at a burial ceremony (of all places). That resurrects the question, if he is a mumu that do not understand his job description
3. If he wants to wants to become an activity, he is free. But MUST step down. Office of the President is for implementing solution, unifying, protecting and developing the Nation in a way that benefits and empower the people. And not for looting and questioning our Nationhood.
4.If Jonathan and his administration are working in the interest of Nigerians, nobody will call for any SNC. But alas, its the Jonathan's "people" that are spear-heading the call, WHY - because the man just "have weight and occupy space alone".
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by LogicMind: 9:40am On May 20, 2012
egift:

PointB:
You are right. But let me straighten it.
1. Since everyone has been complaining about the 1914 event did anyone complain NO. What we are stating here is the fact that as President, Jonathan do no have the right or luxury to question or speak against the Nigerian Territorial Integrity, if he do, it amounts to Treason. Why because he took an oath that as President.
2. If he feels there is need for a reform there applicable laws. But not to be lambasting Nigeria at a burial ceremony (of all places). That resurrects the question, if he is a mumu that do not understand his job description
3. If he wants to wants to become an activity, he is free. But MUST step down. Office of the President is for implementing solution, unifying, protecting and developing the Nation in a way that benefits and empower the people. And not for looting and questioning our Nationhood.
4.If Jonathan and his administration are working in the interest of Nigerians, nobody will call for any SNC. But alas, its the Jonathan's "people" that are spear-heading the call, WHY - because the man just "have weight and occupy space alone".

shut up. you have been proved wrong.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2012
Frank-C:
I can't seem to see where the president opined what the OP is crediting to him. Please, kindly bolden the part that declared the amalgamation a mistake to make it easier for some of us to identify at a glance.

I wonder o my brother!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2012
kettykin: some Nigerians are the worst Hypocrits on earth , when Gowon said there was no basis for the existence of Nigeria , These same people went and advised him not to said and were busy struggling for the post of finance minister and Vice president .

Buhari says that the Baboon and the dogs will be soaked with Blood and the same Lunatics said he i right to have said so.

Now Goodluck says there "something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date"
and he i being accused of Treason.

And these same set of Lunatics dont ever want think of secceding or opting out of the country ruled by a retardeen all the want is to keep atacking sombody who is yet to even spend a year in office.

@Goodluck in your own interst , quickly convene an SNC or a Plebiscite and let every body go his way other wise these Vultures are already planning the Aguiyi ironsi treatment for you.

Yeah right!
''....the same people......''

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2012
egift:

Its your hypocrisy that is making you believe a crime is not one just because you want to defend Jonathan. When Gowon made his statement it was well criticized here by majority of NLers. Moreover, do not forget that millions of Nigerians died in the civil war because Gowon was protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria (my elder sister died in that war).

Buhari said IF you rig there will be harsh consequences ... and lo you, Jonathan and PDP are the only ones angry ... Where you planning to rig (or show us those magic numbers again)?

Yes. By virtue of the the Oath, position, office, duty and responsibilities of being President of Nigeria, Jonathan do not have the luxury to vomit those callous utterances that divide and undermine this nation - if he does its a treasonable offense, impeachable and punishable by death.

I can forgive your ignorance on what it means to have a SNC - government will have to be suspended (including the constitution and Jonathan - at best with limited power). Those chosen for the conference will decide, who, which, whom, how and what laws and direction the nation will take - Even Jonathan will not have the power to change it - its not his committee But a "Sovereign" National Conference.

Pls, r u blaming Gowon for d civl war?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by cystem(m): 10:32am On May 20, 2012
Y̶̲̥̅̊
@̤̥̣̈̊̇
what he's saying is right U̶̲̥̅̊
can't expect t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ problem to be from his adminisTration. It is all t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ problem of what happened since 1914 & also t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ past leaders. So please kindly leave our gentle Jonathan alone to try fixing t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ ones he can. U̶̲̥̅̊
can't expect him to fix all @ thr same time

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2012
ayobase:

Pls, r u blaming Gowon for d civl war?

NO! I am stating that by Gowon's position as "Head of State" of Nigeria, it is his duty to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria even if it means with the last blood in his vain.

So it becomes very painful seeing Jonathan in the comfort of his seat at a burial ceremony of a non-official to question our Nationhood. Even worst is that Beaf and co are here telling us it means nothing.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 10:48am On May 20, 2012
cystem: Y̶̲̥̅̊
@̤̥̣̈̊̇
what he's saying is right U̶̲̥̅̊
can't expect t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ problem to be from his adminisTration. It is all t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ problem of what happened since 1914 & also t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ past leaders. So please kindly leave our gentle Jonathan alone to try fixing t̶̲̥̅̊ђǝ ones he can. U̶̲̥̅̊
can't expect him to fix all @ thr same time

@cystem:
We are not even considering HOW competent he is in handling the problems. Nor are we reviewing what he has accomplished so far - that one is a complete pool of rubbish.

And when you say "your gentle Jonathan? Does it include gentle he can do nothing while Nigerians languish? Or "yours" because he is an Ijawman? Because those are the reason we are degenerating the way we do - He is being tribal in handling the challenges of Nigeria. Don't he understand that he is President over every inch of land that make up Nigeria?

If anyone is threatening it or the peace of Nigerians, its his sworn obligation to crush them and bring them to book. Keep fanning his Gentleness grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 20, 2012
And his point is?

Rather than think of ways to solve even one of Nigeria's problems he's riding on a cycle of problem listing, pointing fingers and fixing blames.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by sholay2011(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2012
Abeg, free d fisherman joor...he didnt intend to say his mind jare...just a slip of tongue grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by nyabingi(m): 12:24pm On May 20, 2012
Why blame Goodluck for his utterances consigning the Nigeria state, the guy is merely telling the obvious because you will not know the true problem of a country until you take up a leadership position. the fact remains that we were miss matched by the British for easy rule, the amalgamation was not to create a unified state but to create a state that would be easy to administrate from the Queens palace in England, the earlier we understand this the better for us, the north is a complete different region predominately Islamic in nature with culture and way of life different from the western and eastern region that were more christian and traditional worshipers with some semblances in cultures and ways of life. our leaders including the president knows the root problem of Nigeria, its not corruption, its not poverty, its not lack of leadership or political will, the problem of Nigeria is that of Identity!!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2012
Nigeria is an experiment (of the whiteman) gone bad.

Past leaders had compounded the problems by rather than face the truth, shy away from it.

If Jonathan is bold enough to face this truth, then he has not only justified my voting him, but also given me hope that Nigeria may survive.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 20, 2012
What he said is the Plain Truth, the amalgamation of Nigeria has been a mistake right from the start.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by KokoBeware: 12:25pm On May 20, 2012
OP: ok.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Benzora(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2012
@OP it's most unfortunate that all you could deduce from a most frank and forward thinking speech of Mr President is this very warped imagination. I ve read this speech over and over again and I can't figure out where he made that statement, pls get an interpreter joor!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by PeterKbaba: 12:36pm On May 20, 2012
Nigeria's Problem! Ahmadu Bello Speech 1964 till date (Pls take note of the first 30 seconds )/ Fela Speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p8B4IY3vgo&feature=related

Nigeria's Problem! Ahmadu Bello Speech 1964 till date (Pls take note of the first 30 seconds )/ Fela Speech?

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Sealeddeal(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2012
The president didnt say that amalgamation was wrong.he did say that after amalgamation,sth went wrong and went further to say that the probs should be found for proper AMENDMENT.he didnt say dat our probs cant be amended which will amount to betrayal of oath of office.he's searching for permanent solution which signify dat he is looking for a way to strenghten nigeria unity.how come u use the word treason?@Op..i think u misconstrued his statement and its intent.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On May 20, 2012
gboss4sure: What he said is the Plain Truth, the amalgamation of Nigeria has been a mistake right from the start.

Well, at least you acknowledge that he did say exactly that. grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by zuchyblink(m): 12:38pm On May 20, 2012
GEJ is right.truth is bitter
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On May 20, 2012
Sealeddeal: The president didnt say that amalgamation was wrong.he did say that after amalgamation,sth went wrong and went further to say that the probs should be found for proper AMENDMENT.he didnt say dat our probs cant be amended which will amount to betrayal of oath of office.he's searching for permanent solution which signify dat he is looking for a way to strenghten nigeria unity.how come u use the word treason?@Op..i think u misconstrued his statement and its intent.

From "Amalgamation in 1914" means "[b]After [/b]Amalgamation in 1914"?? Really? gosh!!!

You do not have to get perfect scores on the English Exam, or speak perfect English to know that there is no way the one means the other. This is probably reason for the mass failures.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by fyneguy: 12:39pm On May 20, 2012
While I reckon that the President might not be against the amalgamation per se, his reference to the year 1914 event could easily be misconstrued.

In Nigeria today, when you mention 1914, what comes to mind is: The Amalgamation of the North and South. Hence, if you said ''something went wrong in 1914'', then you might be saying ''Amalgamation shouldn't have happened''.

Seriously, what went wrong in 1914? May be the President should throw more light on this.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by PeterKbaba: 12:41pm On May 20, 2012
fyneguy: While I reckon that the President might not be against the amalgamation per se, his reference to the year 1914 event could easily be misconstrued.

In Nigeria today, when you mention 1914, what comes to mind is: The Amalgamation of the North and South. Hence, if you said ''something went wrong in 1914'', then you might be saying ''Amalgamation shouldn't have happened''.

Seriously, what went wrong in 1914? May be the President should throw more light on this.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, at least you acknowledge that he did say exactly that. grin

Whats wrong with him saying that?. Don't we all know the simple truth.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On May 20, 2012
fyneguy: While I reckon that the President might not be against the amalgamation per se, his reference to the year 1914 event could easily be misconstrued.

Are you serious? The man is QUOTED as not only mentioning 1914, but specifically stating that the origin stem from about the time of the Amalgamation of the North and South. um . . . Who are you trying that hard to fool?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by PeterKbaba: 12:43pm On May 20, 2012

and Northerners first. If we can't get a Northerner, then we take an expatriate like yourself on contract, if we can't then we can employ another Nigerian, but on contract too - this is going to be permanent I should say, for as far as I can foresee.."

Well that's it for those of you who are hard of hearing, or who are looking for just anybody to shower with praise. He said foreigners first before 'other' Nigerians who are not Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by lacasa: 12:46pm On May 20, 2012
Abeg! People r jus fed up with d mere mention of this clueless man

It is Treasonable offence D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ He is Nigeria's president.

Mtcheeeu!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by hotshotpeter(m): 12:47pm On May 20, 2012
The president's speech is not legally treasonous neither is it wrong. We all the know the truth, there is no need to lie to ourselves, the Northern and Southern Protectorates should never have been joined together. The North and South have nothing in common.

I just read today that Jega was nearly stoned to death by his fellow Northerners simply because he did not enforce Buhari on Nigerians, see the kind of ppl we are living with?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The King Of Otuoke Welcomes GEJ Trekker 'oladele John Nihi' / Military Kills 50 Boko Haram Insurgents In Mafa, Dikwa, Kala; Rescue 500 (Pics) / President Tinubu Receives Senator Kwankwaso At The Presidential Villa. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.