Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38482 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On May 20, 2012
andresia: I shudder to think that in the case of break-up, I will be in the same country with psychopaths and schizophrenics like Beaf and his kind embarassed

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

I doubt if she is Jamaican

How is my nationality your problem? Was I talking to you?

ayobase: Where is MsDarkskin?

PRESENT! grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:45pm On May 20, 2012
nagoma:
We part in peace , a referendum can achieve that. sNC is a talking shop , will generate more tension and is a waste of time we all know what we want -separate from the enemy.

Listen, bro. To be honest, we don't have to part ways (I've personally been all over the North and love it). We just need to be truthful to ourselves and create a framework to maintain that truthfullness.
There are deep questions that need answering like:

1. What makes a person a Nigerian?
2. What are the rights of a Nigerian (child, adult, female, male)?
3. What is the contract of responsibility between state and citizen?
4. How does religion fit into nation discuss and governance?
5. How do we define equity?
7. By what parameters can justice be said to have been served?
8. Who owns mineral bearing lands?
9. Who owns mineral bearing waters?
10. What makes one a citizen of a state or LG?

If we truly answer most of the above, the so called North-South dichotomy will shrivel away and melt into nothingness.

If discuss and still find no reason for co-existence, then we can part peacefully.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2012
The issue here is simple. Nigerians and other have 2 choices

1. We go for Sovereign National conference (SNC) so each nation would have freedom to chose who ever leads them etc and void of tribalistic accusations

2. Allow GEJ to be the president of[b] a NATION[/b] not a section of the country and also allow those that criticise him to do so in peace.

It is the FG call.

I personally want option 1.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: @shymmex
Stop using racist terms like "whitey." It just makes you seem quite an id!ot.
It also would not take awy from your inferiority complex or the fact that you have no identity, cos you've never been to your village.

Typical grin.
HE is Nigerian when it's convenient but in the UK he sees himself as a class of his own.
How dare he try to throw stones? LOL I READ his kind like chapter books on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2012
beaf aka nairaland/twitter SA, you can actually work on enough regional signatures (i'll work north for you) and have your ogas endorsement then forward to UN to oversee the break up in peace (through referendum). makes me wonder what in the world are you guys waiting for since we all know thats what you are working towards

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

How is my nationality your problem? Was I talking to you?

Calm down, I wasn't posting to you either I posted to shymmex.

Anyway how was your day smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:49pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:

Always being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine from GEJ. You go wound one day. Now GEJ is under pressure because of issues from 1914 just because he said it? Dude get a life. We have seen Heads of state and Presidents come and go and nobody mentioned 1914 as being a problem even if it was... Rather they chose to work around it and leave results which the populace could see and identify with but what does your Paymaster GEJ do? He plays the blame game just like you Porky. Pass the ball.

Words of a dog and baboon, parasite and lover of the status quo.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Diligence: 3:50pm On May 20, 2012
Focus on the message, not the messenger! Truth hurts but must the spoken! That's how healing process takes place; retrace and reset!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 3:50pm On May 20, 2012
andresia: I shudder to think that in the case of break-up, I will be in the same country with psychopaths and schizophrenics like Beaf and his kind embarassed

Thank you my brother or sister which ever one you are.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:52pm On May 20, 2012
Did I not say shymmex was suffering from an inferiority complex? See how he is trying to pull racist moves against MsDarkskin, because she is trauncing him intellectually? angry

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Did I not say shymmex was suffering from an inferiority complex? See how he is trying to pull racist moves against MsDarkskin, because she is trauncing him intellectually? angry

grin

Diligence: Focus on the message, not the messenger! Truth hurts but must the spoken! That's how healing process takes place; retrace and reset!

WELL SAID!!

Common sense apparently isn't so common.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2012
wink
MsDarkSkin:

You have GOT to be kidding....you're telling me there were NO slaves on the African continent much less Nigeria?
You're embarrassing.

Nuff said.

Shame on you! SHAME ON YOU!
What you said above is spitting on the likes of Marcus Garvey who was born in the 1800s LONG before Brother Bantu Biko.
Garvey a JAMAICAN BORN Pan-Africanist who traveled the continent and the Americas to bring Africans of the diaspora together. Africa technically does not exist, as our ancestors separated based on linguistic and cultural similarities thus formed tribes. Colonization is what made us share a common goal : obtaining and maintaining freedom. That included western blacks. How dare you call yourself "afro. centric" and you don't even know the beginning or meaning of the word. *spits*

Your ignorance is far worse than any I've heard here in America. That's how bad it is.

According to Emma West, you shouldn't be in the UK but you are. So deal with it.
wink
MsDarkSkin:

You have GOT to be kidding....you're telling me there were NO slaves on the African continent much less Nigeria?
You're embarrassing.

Nuff said.

What you said above is spitting on the likes of Marcus Garvey who was born in the 1800s LONG before Brother Bantu Biko.
Garvey a JAMAICAN BORN Pan-Africanist who traveled the continent and the Americas to bring Africans of the diaspora together. Africa technically does not exist, as our ancestors separated based on linguistic and cultural similarities thus formed tribes. Colonization is what made us share a common goal : obtaining and maintaining freedom. That included western blacks. How dare you call yourself "afro. centric" and you don't even know the beginning or meaning of the word. *spits*

Your ignorance is far worse than any I've heard here in America. That's how bad it is.

According to Emma West, you shouldn't be in the UK but you are. So deal with it.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:55pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs: beaf aka nairaland/twitter SA, you can actually work on enough regional signatures (i'll work north for you) and have your ogas endorsement then forward to UN to oversee the break up in peace (through referendum). makes me wonder what in the world are you guys waiting for since we all know thats what you are working towards

Please, be constructive. If you want out, you go to the UN.
That fact that you've mentioned the need for foreign oversight shows that we need to talk about the mistakes of 1914.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 3:56pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Typical grin.
Nigerian
when it's convenient but in the UK they are a class of their own.
How dare he try to throw stones? LOL I READ his kind like chapter books on a daily basis.

Errrm You do realise that is discriminatory?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:56pm On May 20, 2012
Diligence: Focus on the message, not the messenger! Truth hurts but must the spoken! That's how healing process takes place; retrace and reset!

Simples. cool
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

Calm down, I wasn't posting to you either I posted to shymmex.

Anyway how was your day smiley

Hmmmmm!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
You're embarrassing.

There were no slaves with chains around their necks working on cotton, and sugarcane plantations in Nigeria.. We were not lynched - neither did we lose our culture... Our experience was different, period... Stop comparing apples to oranges - we had it bad as well - but not the same experience.. Just as the Indian and Chinese experience were different from the black experience...

We have a common goal, which is liberty - and Africa for Africans.. But Pan-Africanism is different from black consciousness... Black consciousness is about solving AFRICAN PROBLEMS from an AFRICAN perspective - that's what birthed AFROCENTRISM... Pan-Africanism on the other hand is about working towards a common goal of one Africa - can you peep the difference??

Read more!!

I shouldn't be in the UK, but I'm here lol!! And blacks have been coming to the UK since the beginning of time.. Heck, the first Anglo-Saxons were blacks - even the Romans said they met negroes in the UK when they got here... The Alaafins of Oyo have been coming here since the 1700s, and a lot of Yoruba prince in the 1800s schooled in UK... Don't debate what you don't know..

Emma West was just chatting rubbish IMO..
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 20, 2012
ayobase: wink wink

cheesy

ballabriggs:

Errrm You do realise that is discriminatory?

Now that i've read it, I do see where you are coming from.
I will edit it as that was not my intention. I apologize. smiley

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2012
I am enjoying how Mzdarkskin a Jamaican has picked a side on a Nigerian Issue.

quite interesting to see grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 4:00pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cheesy

Now that i've read it, I do see where you are coming from.
I will edit it as that was not my intention. I apologize. smiley

Apology accepted.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2012

Simple o my brother!
We dey reset our computer
sef if it messes up!

Even we dey reset out brain sef!
Abi u no know?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ezer(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2012
I gez this thread is meant 4 bigots. Hmm...@op, wat gives u the right to interprete Mr. President's speech to ur own understanding and tag it treasonable? Buhari made an omninous warning, & i gez u supported his statement, right? Mr. President simply identified a problem and promised change. Now, should the mention of 1914 be d issue or the solution to the problems? That the problem started from 1914 is implausible shud not be the point of argument. Instead, there shud be ques like, wat is the identified problem? Have u (GEJ) made plans to tackle the problem? Wat is the way 4ward wit dis new (not really new) development? 9ja is so divided that if, for instance, a yoruba man bcoms d president, other ethic groups wud criticize him till d end of his tenure. 9ja is not united, u and i on NL are not united, the people out there are not united, and u say the call for an SNC is not necessary? Oh common, the mention of 1914 shudnt be the problem. Is GEJ the cause of the problem, or will it take 2yrs 2solve an existing problem 4over 50yrs? The attack on GEJ assail my mind and 2some xtent not necessary.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez this thread is meant 4 bigots. Hmm...@op, wat gives u the right to interprete Mr. President's speech to ur own understanding and tag it treasonable? Buhari made an omninous warning, & i gez u supported his statement, right?
I have a ready made follow up question for people who come up with the stuff you have come in with here . . .

What do the words of a un-elected(un-approved by the people) politician(ie Buhari), bound only by the same rules that bind the average civilian out there, have to do with the utterances of the number one citizen of Nigeria, an ELECTED(APPROVED AND SWORN IN) president who swore an OATH(upholding the amalgamation, creation, and unity of Nigeria as an entity beyond ethnic divisions) to represent Nigeria and all that it is, to the world in and outside of Nigeria??
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 4:02pm On May 20, 2012
Again:
Why are the lovers of the status quo scared shiitless at the prospect of the re-engineering of our unity?
Why does it freeze the brains of the parasites and boko haram fans amongst us?
Why does the mention of 1914 make some pee themselves? Just asking. grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Please, be constructive. If you want out, you go to the UN.
That fact that you've mentioned the need for foreign oversight shows that we need to talk about the mistakes of 1914.

dude must be a comedian b4 his appointment, you and your oga want out just as much as we do but unlike you we do not have govt resources, all we ask is that you take the lead and trust me, we will follow. the need for foreign help is cos of the lack of honesty from your dundee of a boss
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez this thread is meant 4 bigots. Hmm...@op, wat gives u the right to interprete Mr. President's speech to ur own understanding and tag it treasonable? Buhari made an omninous warning, & i gez u supported his statement, right? Mr. President simply identified a problem and promised change. Now, should the mention of 1914 be d issue or the solution to the problems? That the problem started from 1914 is implausible shud not be the point of argument. Instead, there shud be ques like, wat is the identified problem? Have u (GEJ) made plans to tackle the problem? Wat is the way 4ward wit dis new (not really new) development? 9ja is so divided that if, for instance, a yoruba man bcoms d president, other ethic groups wud criticize him till d end of his tenure. 9ja is not united, u and i on NL are not united, the people out there are not united, and u say the call for an SNC is not necessary? Oh common, the mention of 1914 shudnt be the problem. Is GEJ the cause of the problem, or will it take 2yrs 2solve an existing problem 4over 50yrs? The attack on GEJ assail my mind and 2some xtent not necessary.

LOL
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 4:06pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs:

dude must be a comedian b4 his appointment, you and your oga want out just as much as we do but unlike you we do not have govt resources, all we ask is that you take the lead and trust me, we will follow. the need for foreign help is cos of the lack of honesty from your dundee of a boss

I'm a bit tired of this daft "appointment" and "oga" stuff. Are you guys so light brained that you cannot discuss without lying?
Why are you status quo luv'n phucks scared shiitless at the mention of 1914?

It takes a lot of low self-esteem to say you have no resources. What do you think the brains in people are? What do you think Japan has as mineral resources outside sand, yet they are the 3rd biggest economy.

Dunce.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

I'm a bit tired of this daft "ap[pointment" and "oga" stuff. Are you guys so light brained that you cannot discuss without lying?
Why are you status quo luv'n phucks scared shiitless at the mention of 1914?

Why not tell GEJ to divide us already ?

What is the issue here

dude you cannot just be insulting a section of the country. Now they want division you are complaining again !

Rubbish
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2012
Mzdarkskin I hope I did not scare you away. I apologise if I did smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

There were no slaves with chains around their necks working on cotton, and sugarcane plantations in Nigeria.. We were not lynched - neither did we lose our culture... Our experience was different, period... Stop comparing apples to oranges - we had it bad as well - but not the same experience.. Just as the Indian and Chinese experience were different from the black experience...

We have a common goal, which is liberty - and Africa for Africans.. But Pan-Africanism is different from black consciousness... Black consciousness is about solving AFRICAN PROBLEMS from an AFRICAN perspective - that's what birthed AFROCENTRISM... Pan-Africanism on the other hand is about working towards a common goal of one Africa - can you peep the difference??

Read more!!

I shouldn't be in the UK, but I'm here lol!! And blacks have been coming to the UK since the beginning of time.. Heck, the first Anglo-Saxons were blacks - even the Romans said they met negroes in the UK when they got here... The Alaafins of Oyo have been coming here since the 1700s, and a lot of Yoruba prince in the 1800s schooled in UK... Don't debate what you don't know..

Emma West was just chatting rubbish IMO..

Shymmex, Pan-Africanism is the mother of black consciousness. You cannot have an egg with no parent/source to lay them. Common sense. When it comes to history...I run laps and miles around you. Nothing you have said comes close to a challenge to what I have posted.... FYI: There was slavery in Africa (as in Africans and foreigners CHAINING, KILLING AND VIOLATING) Africans throughout west Africa - not just Nigeria. Those who had slaves were the biggest contributors to the Trans Atlantic slave trade. Yes, we lost most of our language and identity but that was because we were taken to foreign land and given new ones. But know that the SAME treatment we had, was already in Africa and still continued on African soil. If it didn't you all wouldn't have been under foreign rule and your resources exploited to the advantage of outsiders.

I made an AWESOME comparison between yourself and Emma West as you both "chat rubbish". And You HAVE proven what I said all along. Africa's issues begin with Africans. It's time to do better. Get educated and some self esteem, because you're lost.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by rapu4real: 4:10pm On May 20, 2012
I strongly agree wit GEJ,though he's also an addition 2 d mistake we have in Nigeria...the whole entity called NIgeria is a big joke

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

U.S. Pentagon Finalizes Plan To Fight Boko Haram -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / I Have Turned Him Into A Rastafarian - Shehu Sani 'mocks' El-rufai / Peter Obi & His Daughter With Chimamanda Adichie At Oriental Hotels(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.