Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone (66035 Views)

Get Your Airtel SIM Eligible For 4gb, 2 Months BIS Plan Of N1500 / Use Troidvpn 1gb Daily Bundle For Browsing With Mtn Bis Subscription .. / Best Internet BIS Plan For An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 21, 2012
Is it only for mtn? Do other networks work?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by moshoodn(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2012
luvola: I use BIS plan on my pc to browse without using any software a guy on nairaland hooked me on this few days ago and it's working flawlessly now I download all day and share with my HTC phone via wireless

Now that everyone is talking about BIS plan I hope Mtn won't suspend there bis plan very soon ooooooo .. I have loads of things to download oooo. Lol abegiiii
Maybe we should talk bro. . .
Been using my easyblaze modem for quite some times now, maybe i should switch back to my android.
Android too dey chop data walai!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by edicolove: 8:34pm On May 21, 2012
Airtel bb subscription works on any phone without stress. Am trying to get glo to work. Glo security is the tightest of all networks. Will try he MTN but I want to know if it works for google play and other apps apart from the browser.

Nice one @op

The networks are actually cheating Nigerians. They give you so much bandwidth on ur bb for 1400 because they know bb is a useless phone and you won't use the bandwidth. Very insincere way of doing business.

2 Likes

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by aieromon(m): 8:35pm On May 21, 2012
flameforx: @aieromon
thx for chkin bro,how do i go about it,cant wait to knw
still thx

In addition to the BIS settings,change your DNS settings
Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by afechosen(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2012
I tryd it on my G-tab 8.9 & itsnt wrkn!Wat am I doin wrong?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by flameforx(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2012
aieromon:

In addition to the BIS settings,change your DNS settings
Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

thx bro,but i dont get it when u said BIS settings,and does it work for all the applications or is it just the browser that will be using the bis data.
Thx for ur future help.

N.B:am using mtn
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by adelegan1: 8:56pm On May 21, 2012
CAN I USE IT ON MY IPHONE 4?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by luvola(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2012
moshoodn: Maybe we should talk bro. . .
Been using my easyblaze modem for quite some times now, maybe i should switch back to my android.
Android too dey chop data walai!

Email the guy Webguru@blackethics.com maybe he will hook you up too on the Mtn bis unlimited download plan on pc without the use of software. I share it on all my devices too it very amazing..
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Bawss1(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2012
(
adelegan1: CAN I USE IT ON MY IPHONE 4?

Does the iPhone have the Orbot app?

Sheesh
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2012
flameforx:

thx bro,but i dont get it when u said BIS settings,and does it work for all the applications or is it just the browser that will be using the bis data.
Thx for ur future help.

N.B:am using mtn

Follow the OP's instructions and modify the DNS settings in addition after creating the access point.
It enables access to all applications.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Ejike3: 10:02pm On May 21, 2012
joeydozzy: Is it only for mtn? Do other networks work?
Works for all networks and on PC without software. Unlimited downloads ...free...free.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by ZUBY77(m): 10:05pm On May 21, 2012
tolukosimi:

Zubby... If it it is China, it is already rooted because it will be using a custom rom. To check for it if rooted or not, download z4root from the market and it should root it for you and if its already rooted, it will tell you that it is already rooted.

Or better search for it from google if market is not enabling u to get it... I dont have the apk file on my system again... sorry...

Yep, it is made in China and i bought it in China as well, i will try to know if its already rooted as you said. Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by kayswag100(m): 3:30am On May 22, 2012
. . . that's why we the 'gate-keepers' join social sites as such to monitor instances of network glitches.
for y'all using the bsm for airtel for non BB phones, watch out!!!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Bawss1(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2012
kayswag100: . . . that's why we the 'gate-keepers' join social sites as such to monitor instances of network glitches.

Watch out for what Mr BB Police?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 7:05am On May 22, 2012
moshoodn: pls have you got the ROM for gingerbread or icecream sandwich on your laptop?

You can get most custom ROMS on http://www.xda-developers.com Just search the ROMS and read through the thread to know how it will work for your phone. Take your time with the site and You will be an expert within 24 hours.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 7:07am On May 22, 2012
moshoodn: pls have you got the ROM for gingerbread or icecream sandwich on your laptop?

You can get most custom ROMS on XDA Developer's Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ) Just search the ROMS and read through the thread to know how it will work for your phone. Take your time with the site and You will be an expert within 24 hours.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by moshoodn(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2012
tolukosimi:

You can get most custom ROMS on XDA Developer's Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ) Just search the ROMS and read through the thread to know how it will work for your phone. Take your time with the site and You will be an expert within 24 hours.
I actually know that. . .
Just that at times when i download some, they are corrupt.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 8:09am On May 22, 2012
kayswag100: . . . that's why we the 'gate-keepers' join social sites as such to monitor instances of network glitches.

You must be out of your mind, are they using airtel bis for free? How much is unlimited data in India? Low level thinker like you will encourage continous exploitation of Nigerians by Telcos. Our population of about 170M million people cannot crash the price of Internet? The Telcos keep deceiving people like you with low mentality that operational environment in Nigeria is harsh, yet thet post billions of dollars profit from Nigeria even much higher than profit they make in their respective countries. You work in Airtel as a slave waiting for monthly salary, why cant you estabilish your own company? You will remain a slave in your life, you will remain a gate-keeper in your life, you will remain a gateman in your life. Indian Slave!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by flameforx(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2012
aieromon:

Follow the OP's instructions and modify the DNS settings in addition after creating the access point.
It enables access to all applications.

so i still got to download
3. Dolphin mini browser
4. Orbot app
?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Chizzybenjamin(m): 9:17am On May 22, 2012
tolukosimi:

You can get most custom ROMS on XDA Developer's Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ) Just search the ROMS and read through the thread to know how it will work for your phone. Take your time with the site and You will be an expert within 24 hours

Am kinda confused here,do u download via ur laptop or straight into ur android device?

@ tolukosimi: abegi drop ur nos mak I holla u jare,as na only u dey speak my fone lingua grin
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by faithin9ja: 9:24am On May 22, 2012
Leopantro: MATERIALS

1. A rooted android phone.
2. An MTN BIS plan
3. Dolphin mini browser
4. Orbot app

INSTRUCTIONS
make sure you install the browser and the Orbot apps before you start and you have MTN APN settings already set up in the phone. finally, make sure your phone is rooted.

1. create a new APN with these settings
APN = blackberry.net
proxy = blank
port = blank or 8580
Username = web
Password = web

2. save it and make it your default settings.

3. install Orbot and dolphin browser mini.

4. in Orbit settings, tick Tor everything, transparent proxy, Tor tethering

5. activate your internet access, then start Orbot. wait until the ON button turns green. then click the test button,select dolphin browser and wait for the check tor webpage to show up.

Congratulations,your BIS browsing is now active.

NOTE.
1. For some strange reason, the test webpage doesn't show on Opera mini but you can still browse with it if you ticked "tor everything"

2. this works even when you have zero naira.however, if you send 2 to 131,it would say you have no credit.

3. i have tired this on only two android phones and it works. you may or may not have issues with your phone

Personally I never criticize innovation, afterall necessity is the mother of invention, but we must call a spade a spade. By using BIS bandwidth, we are using RIM servers, RIM service is cheaper essentially because of the technology they deploy. All over the world as far as I am aware BB is has cheaper data plans than the normal 3G plans used on other phones.

But those using this 'work-around' must admit they are trying to beat a system and cut corners for personal gain. How does this make us better than any of our politicians. With this type of mindset when we too get any type of position or power, we will continue to cut corners.

I comment on this forum on political matters and I have been accused of being a GEJ or PDP apologist, when actually what I am saying is Nigeria deserves the leaders we get, when we the populace are all individually corrupt (I include myself). The sooner we realize this the better for all of us.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:50am On May 22, 2012
just tried it on my ipad and its working, praise airtel!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by sussyogundipe(f): 10:05am On May 22, 2012
Good morning,please i need more explanation on how to use it on my htc desire with etisalat.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Funkymallam(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2012

See this one o, who u dey threaten? grin

If all u wrk where u claim u do, u need to be out of job ASAP cus airtel security n firewalls are the weakest in the country. angry cheesy
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by KazeKage1: 10:43am On May 22, 2012
Now, i've tried this but not successful so far.
I have both softwares installed on my android tablet/phone. I've created both APNs but which do i use as the default, cause i've tried using the B-Berry as my default apn but that didn't work, i'm using the mtn apn settings now,and the message i'm getting is "Bootstrapped 10%:Finishing handshake....."

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by deeplow: 11:14am On May 22, 2012
faithin9ja:

Personally I never criticize innovation, afterall necessity is the mother of invention, but we must call a spade a spade. By using BIS bandwidth, we are using RIM servers, RIM service is cheaper essentially because of the technology they deploy. All over the world as far as I am aware BB is has cheaper data plans than the normal 3G plans used on other phones.

But those using this 'work-around' must admit they are trying to beat a system and cut corners for personal gain. How does this make us better than any of our politicians. With this type of mindset when we too get any type of position or power, we will continue to cut corners.

I comment on this forum on political matters and I have been accused of being a GEJ or PDP apologist, when actually what I am saying is Nigeria deserves the leaders we get, when we the populace are all individually corrupt (I include myself). The sooner we realize this the better for all of us.

Blah Blah Blah.RIM,nigerian network providers are all thieves.A lil ripping off them shouldn't be too bad.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by deeplow: 11:15am On May 22, 2012
@op,thanx a lot.would do that.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by deeplow: 11:15am On May 22, 2012
@op,thanx a lot.would do that as soon as I lay my hands on d phone.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by sussyogundipe(f): 11:23am On May 22, 2012
waiting

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by laykay(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2012
Scooped out some info on Orbot: >>

For standard Android 1.x devices:

The Orweb browser available in the Android Market integrates directly with Orbot, and offers a number of other privacy-oriented features.

For Instant Messsaging, try Gibberbot, which includes support for connecting via Tor and Off-the-Record encryption.

For Android 2.x devices:

You must root your device and update the firmware to an iptables-capable ROM for Orbot to transparently proxy all TCP traffic.

For non-modified and non-rooted phones, you'll want to manually configure HTTP or SOCKS proxy settings for specific applications.

If you root your device and install an iptables-capable ROM (such as Cyanogen), Orbot can transparently proxy traffic on an app-by-app basis through Tor.

You can also install Firefox for Android from the market with the Proxy Mobile Add-on or install the text-only “NDBrowser” from the Android Market. Both of these solutions all routing of web access through Tor on standard, un-rooted devices.

For Instant Messaging, try Gibberbot, which includes support for connecting via Tor and Off-the-Record encryption.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by mrmofasa(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2012
faithin9ja:

Who is this? What are you doing on this thread? Abeg stay on that politics section cos we here, are talking phones.

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by mrmofasa(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2012
@laykay: Are u saying that if i install Firefox from the market, then I have rooted my phone? I use a Sony Xperia mini which puts me in the Android 2.x category.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We sell perfectly working fairly used Laptop 's screen, hard drive, ram etc here / Newly Constructed Highway In China. / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.