Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone - Technology Market (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone (66011 Views)

Get Your Airtel SIM Eligible For 4gb, 2 Months BIS Plan Of N1500 / Use Troidvpn 1gb Daily Bundle For Browsing With Mtn Bis Subscription .. / Best Internet BIS Plan For An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by mez(m): 11:58pm On May 27, 2012
Ejike3: I am running it free on etisalat GaGa without subscription and without downloading obort or any app for two weeks now, just only settings. Wireless hotspots also working. Opera mini is yet to work. I am posting with it. Same APN for all networks. Me use Etisalat.

Do you mind sharing the settings
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by solibayo: 12:41am On May 28, 2012
Lagosianswag:

HTC HD7 Can be converted to android os by installing a custom bootrom on it. Thats the fun of using a htc hd. You have a choice of changing your OS smiley

cotulla hasn't released HSPL yet for hd7 (xda--forums) wc is neccesary to run customs roms and boot loaders on d hd7, it's d HD2 u r confusing it with so pls check ur facts
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 2:39am On May 28, 2012
after 7000 views and 4 websites stealing my instructions,i must say it has been an interesting week.a big thank you to everyone who has or have contributed to my post.

Sadly,my Orbot no longer works. but i've been busy. i have found three other methods that works. i thought the Orbot method was fast; i have seen faster speeds that left me stunned.it even works on Glo, but having issues with tethering.

However,i'm not releasing the new methods for two reasons. setting it up is not for the faint of heart; you can brick your phone or tablet (have tried them on two other android phones and bricked them but both are browsing free now).the other reason; i had the Orbot hack for two weeks with no problems and within a week of making it public it stopped working.so, no more father christmas.

However, i'll give you two hints for the apps for free browsing. all three are on the android market. the hints are "Star Trek" and "The great wall of China". Remember,if you brick your phone you are on your own. i might take individual requests when i have the time.
Enjoy

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Fxmarket: 10:29am On May 28, 2012
Leopantro: after 7000 views and 4 websites stealing my instructions,i must say it has been an interesting week.a big thank you to everyone who has or have contributed to my post.

Sadly,my Orbot no longer works. but i've been busy. i have found three other methods that works. i thought the Orbot method was fast; i have seen faster speeds that left me stunned.it even works on Glo, but having issues with tethering.

However,i'm not releasing the new methods for two reasons. setting it up is not for the faint of heart; you can brick your phone or tablet (have tried them on two other android phones and bricked them but both are browsing free now).the other reason; i had the Orbot hack for two weeks with no problems and within a week of making it public it stopped working.so, no more father christmas.

However, i'll give you two hints for the apps for free browsing. all three are on the android market. the hints are "Star Trek" and "The great wall of China". Remember,if you brick your phone you are on your own. i might take individual requests when i have the time.
Enjoy
In few times all this will never work, i can assure u that the internet providers or ur network providers hv seen all this and are blocking everything

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 2:02pm On May 28, 2012
@Fxmarket,until then. meanwhile, BIS for non-rooted android phones. Instructions out on sunday.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 29, 2012
abijah007: How Can You Help Me Activate Wifi Of Android Tablet Cherry 7 ?

No sim space

The features are these:

• Cherry Tablet 7 "CPU processor speed: 1.0 GHz
• Memory: 256 MB DDR2
• Capacity: 4GB
• Rechargeable Battery: 2400 mAh
• Connectivity: WiFi LAN
• Operating System: Google Android 2.3 (supports Flash)
• Display: TFT resistive touch screen
• Output: USB 2.0

Here is the attachment photo of it. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks.

To activate your Wifi? It is no big deal... holla at 54013895 on 080 platform
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 29, 2012
solibayo:

cotulla hasn't released HSPL yet for hd7 (xda--forums) wc is neccesary to run customs roms and boot loaders on d hd7, it's d HD2 u r confusing it with so pls check ur facts

Solibayo...

I would like u to start thinking out of the box. There are ROMs u can use on it that will work well as for the basic function of a phone but some other applications might crash... like Camera and sort of...

So dont just come running ur mouth as if u know all... Even on XDA platform, no one is really saying much about it because they are all giving it a test and yet not fully working...

So, go back to ur drawing board and look at ur case study again
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by benspeakout: 2:58am On May 31, 2012
I hope this will work on an iphone 4. Just Saying smiley
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by coalcoal1(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2012
pls I need help in setting up BIS on my android phone, mytouch 3g slide. is there anybody who is in ibadan that can set it up for me? am willing to pay a fee.
u can reach me on 76142028 on the 080 platform. thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by awesome9ja: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pls bros hw can download themes and other apps on my Ipad 2.tanx
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by olanie(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
@leo, orbot dint work for me. But setdns did great on mtn till ystday. Waiting for what u have in stock. Mo power to ur elbow.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by solibayo: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
tolukosimi:

I would like u to start thinking out of the box. There are ROMs u can use on it that will work well as for the basic function of a phone but some other applications might crash... like Camera and sort of...

So dont just come running ur mouth as if u know all... Even on XDA platform, no one is really saying much about it because they are all giving it a test and yet not fully working...

So, go back to ur drawing board and look at ur case study again

@tolukosimi pls don't make me puke frm laffta as am sure u know nxt to nothing as per modding or hacking fones, am sure u can't even root

a mere droid talkless of jailbreaking iDevices or hacking d HSPL of fone hardware to talk to d processors directly. anyway pls check dis

link for hd7 on xda and tell me if u see an android section deir http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=778 whereas if u

check dat of hd2, u'll se a plethora of options available such as Linux(Ubuntu &co, even backtrack 4 has bin ported to

hd2),meego,wp7,etc http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531 ............... so pls stop misleading ppl for services u

can't render because of ur belly. ((eg, give me 2 versions of iOS on iPhone 4 dat till 2morrow has no untethered jailbreak )) so pls find

a legitimate job. suggestion; try researching into "reverse engineering" and learn sum C and assembly language!!

Simply put as of d time of dis posting, der's no working android rom for hd7 so Y would u tell sum one dat u can install android for

dem on deir hd7 if u r not upto sum mischief? plsssss Y?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2012
Hello everyone. forgive me,its been two weeks since my last update ( confession? lol). as always,i have been busy.like i promised, i would be dropping the instructions for unrooted phones.

However,i have observed that a lot of people have complained that it has stopped working. it still works,its the mtn bis server that is overloaded (i wonder why?). i have found a method that works, however it is slow. better than nothing.

First, send "STATUS" to 21600 to check if your BIS is still active.
if still active, you can use any of the below methods.

1. go to settings >wireless and network>mobile network network operator>select manual search. after a while it would show the various networks in your location.select the mtn network. YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL IT SAYS REGISTERED AND IT RETURNS TO THE PRIOR MENU.

2.if you have some credit,select the normal mtn APN and download Network booster from the Google play store. then,select the blackberry APN and activate the app you just installed. it would automate the registration process for you.

if your bis on android had stopped working for a while,you would have noticed that when it connects and the 3g sign comes on,the upload arrow stays on but the download arrow never comes on. after following the instructions above,look at the 3g sign.when both arrows are on run Orkot or whichever app you use to connect and your internet is back. however,it can be very slow.

battery is a bit low .will update the other instructions later. moving into a new crib so quite busy.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2012
solibayo:

@tolukosimi pls don't make me puke frm laffta as am sure u know nxt to nothing as per modding or hacking fones, am sure u can't even root

a mere droid talkless of jailbreaking iDevices or hacking d HSPL of fone hardware to talk to d processors directly. anyway pls check dis

link for hd7 on xda and tell me if u see an android section deir http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=778 whereas if u

check dat of hd2, u'll se a plethora of options available such as Linux(Ubuntu &co, even backtrack 4 has bin ported to

hd2),meego,wp7,etc http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531 ............... so pls stop misleading ppl for services u

can't render because of ur belly. ((eg, give me 2 versions of iOS on iPhone 4 dat till 2morrow has no untethered jailbreak )) so pls find

a legitimate job. suggestion; try researching into "reverse engineering" and learn sum C and assembly language!!

Simply put as of d time of dis posting, der's no working android rom for hd7 so Y would u tell sum one dat u can install android for

dem on deir hd7 if u r not upto sum mischief? plsssss Y?

Solidarity or what do u call urself? I want you to know that I am not gaining anything from this... neither m I advertisin anything... This is not my first time of doing something for free online... This is not the first time someone will call me for something others charge for and I take my time to send them guides for free... I believe in free information... even though I buy links and books or sorts online.. I believe in sharing it online for others thru rapidshare..

Moreso... I dont need to tell you if I have used XRecovery SuperOneClick s1tool emulators redsn0w sh0wbreeze absinthe builders or sort of.. U can keep saying all u need to say... I am not getting credited for this and it wont add to people's knowledge...

Eat This TaiJutsu and Shove it up ur a$$
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by whales2200(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ Leopantro welldone bro.... Nice work... Really interested in the new modes for android.... just few well open hints and am gud to go.. HOpe to hear from you
EMail---whales2200@gmail.com
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Knight1(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2012
@leopantro
pls finish packing ooooo

we need you to complete your post on the mtn that's giving issues.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
@Knight1, lolz.i didn't know mtn was still problematic. I'm still browsing as fast as usually. like i said, Orbot no longer works. IM me on leopantro@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by kael: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2012
Leopantro please is there a way to do this on iOS devices
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by donnie(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hey Guys,
You heard about Cellulike, the best mobile phone backup and security service?
There's an ongoing promo and you can get cellulike activation codes here for FREE. www.facebook.com/backupmymobileforlife
Hurry now!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by crown777(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
Can someone please help me with the setting for galaxy tabII GT-P-6200 . Above setting not working for me. Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by ifyalways(f): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Would it work on an iphone and how?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
1. i don't own an iphone or an ipad so i don't know if it would work.
2. MTN is selectively blocking the app so it may work for you if you are trying it for the first time but it will eventually be blocked.
3. there are apps that work like Orbot that are still working with a BIS plan.
4. I'm STILL using a BIS plan on my android phone.
5. i will NOT release any more instruction on how to use a BIS plan on android.

i have showed it is possible,now do your own research and you will find the app or apps that work for you. you don't need to be a computer guru to figure it out,just remember "your-freedom" days.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Knight1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
@leopantro
Haven't IMed you but wanted to find out some things before doing so
1. For mtn bis of 1500, whats the limit of data available? I ask cos it says 200mb on their site while folks maintain it's more than that
2. I assume the data can be used via tethering
Pls reply asap. Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
don't know about data cap. i have downloaded 9gb worth of files this month with it. but please Orkot no longer works.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by raynold17(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
help for etisalat
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by niceeric(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2012
Any hope for we ipad users?using aitel 1g bis for just 1week is too unfriendly †Φ d pocket o....anyone pleeeeeaaaassssseeeeee heeeeellllllp
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by KazeKage1: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
Just get airtel BIS(comes with 2GB bundle) and tether it to your android device, you must minimize downloads or it'll finish fast. I've been using mine for a while although the first month i tried it, my data ended really fast cause i kept downloading stuff.
If you read dailies, tweet, facebook and stuff you can use it. smiley
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by rukayatd: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
I was asked to root my phone but dnt knw how
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by 9janinja(m): 2:07am On Oct 02, 2012
Leopantro: 1. i don't own an iphone or an ipad so i don't know if it would work.
2. MTN is selectively blocking the app so it may work for you if you are trying it for the first time but it will eventually be blocked.
3. there are apps that work like Orbot that are still working with a BIS plan.
4. I'm STILL using a BIS plan on my android phone.
5. i will NOT release any more instruction on how to use a BIS plan on android.
#######pls I need details on how to use etisalat bis on my android phone thanks

i have showed it is possible,now do your own research and you will find the app or apps that work for you. you don't need to be a computer guru to figure it out,just remember "your-freedom" days.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by 9janinja(m): 2:10am On Oct 02, 2012
pls I need details on how to use etisalat bis on my android phone thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Highway In China. / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator / #ENDSARS CHIEF_NWOSU :Sales of Used European SMART TV at an Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.