Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not (783 Views)

There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / Are We Really Free-morals Beings Or Actually Puppets In God’s Hands? / Did We Really Have Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not by focused(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
God !!! save our souls.

Do we really have Al- Qaeda operating in Nigeria ? I read in Nigeria World that the police are cracking down on Al Qaeda operating in Nigeria and the Sultan of Sokoto have promised to crack down on the extremist groups.

Why are Nigerians not immitating what is right for God sake ?

Do everyone remember what happened in Kenya ? How these ruthless Idiots killed lots of our dear black people (Kenyan citizens) and some US government officials through bombing.

Yet Islamic people say their religion is a peaceful religion, when it is causing the greatest headache in the world today ?
Re: Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not by Horus(m): 1:15am On Nov 17, 2007
Nigeria interrogates terrorist suspects

November 14, 2007

Nigeria's secret police are said to be interrogating suspects arrested in connection with their alleged links with Al-Qaeda. Some media reports suggest that 10 men were apprehended. The State Security Services are not divulging much information at this stage due to the sensitivity of the case.
But sources within the service have told Nigerian reporters that they are investigating a wider web around the suspects already in their custody. Meanwhile, Ademole Adeyemo, political editor for This Day, who broke the story, says radical Islamists do not have many supporters in Nigeria.
Despite growing concern over possible threats by Al-Qaeda in Africa's most populated country, the Nigerian authority has to date not been able to provide substantial evidence to this effect. But religious tensions in the Muslim dominated north have fuelled these worries.
Thousands died when riots broke out in 2002 after 12 states in the north insisted on implementing a stricter version of Islamic Sharia law. But Adeyome says it is unlikely that groups linked to Al-Qaeda will win much ground in the country.
Political analysts in Nigeria say Islamic extremists do not have a large support base in the Muslim dominated north of the country. This follows the arrest in the north of Nigeria of several suspects believed to have ties with the Al-Qaeda network. The suspects are expected to appear in court this week.

Source: http://www.sabcnews.com/africa/west_africa/0,2172,159219,00.html
Re: Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2007
Al Queda was in Tanzania. Al Queda was involved in the diamond issue in sierra leone and angola. Heck, even in America to an extent. Is Nigeria then impenetrable
Re: Do We Really Have Al -qaeda Operating In Nigeria ? I Hope Not by focused(m): 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2007
Al Queda was in Tanzania. Al Queda was involved in the diamond issue in sierra leone and angola. Heck, even in America to an extent. Is Nigeria then impenetrable

May God save us O from these ruthless Islamic terrorist !!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Underground Church Growing In Muslim-dominated Indonesia / What Are Your Expectation 4 2010? / Letter From The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.