Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:17 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (623895 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
AMPUSLIFE gathered that the inability of the UNIABUJA management to secure the accreditation of the National Universities Commission (NUC) for courses in four faculties – Engineering, Medicine, Agricultural and Veterinary Medicine – after six months deadline by the Minister of Education, Prof Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, was led to the protest. The university established the four faculties seven years ago but without adequate facilities. The Faculty has Mechanical Engineering, Civil, Chemical and Electrical and Electronics Engineering departments. Our correspondent learnt that in May, student-demonstrators besieged the Federal Ministry of Education to draw the minister’s attention to their plight. When she was informed of their presence, Prof Rufa’i was said to have invited the students for a meeting in her office. At the meeting, CAMPUSLIFE gathered that the minster gave the students the options of either leaving the school or enrolling for other accredited courses. But when she noticed that the student did not buy the idea, the minister was said to have given the UNIABUJA management six months to get full accreditation for its medical, agricultural and engineering courses. To ensure a successful exercise, it was gathered that N4 billion was given to the university to upgrade its facilities before the accreditation team arrived. A protester said: “We kept ourselves abreast of the movement of the money from the ministry to the school’s bank account. We thought the money would be used judiciously but, here we are; nothing has been done to upgrade any facility in the Faculty of Engineering.” Our correspondent learnt that when the NUC team visited last month, the institution was only able to secure interim accreditation for three faculties. Faculty of Engineering was left out because the team discovered that the facilities being used for teaching were outdated. This prompted Engineering students to gather their colleagues to protest the outcome of the accreditation. They accused the management of insensitivity, saying the interim accreditation it secured for the other faculties was not reliable. The students complained that since 2005 when the faculties were established, no student has either graduated or gone on national youth service. The Faculty of Engineering has two graduate sets already but none of them has been mobilised for service. There is also the complaint that Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) has yet to accredit the institution’s four engineering courses. In medical college, there are students, who have spent eight years without moving to the next level. Five sets with different matriculation numbers are said to be in 200-Level without writing the MBBS professional exam that will get them to the next level. A 2010 Engineering graduate said: “When the faculties were instituted in 2005, we learnt that NUC advised the management not to operate the four faculties at the same time because of the facilities on ground at the time. “But the school went ahead, ignoring the warning. But since the programmes began, none has been accredited. When I was in school, all the engineering practical classes we did as undergraduates were conducted at the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT MINNA) because UNIABUJA did not have the facilities. Even in Medicine, different sets have been lumped together because of the accreditation crisis.” Tunde Adeosun, Civil Engineering student, said: “The protest was prompted by the deceit of the Vice Chancellor, Prof Sunday Adelabu, after six months of promising us to get our courses accredited by NUC and COREN. “The commission’s accreditation team came for third exercise last month after which we can now talk about proper accreditation. But nobody knows the outcome of the verification exercise and yet they want us to keep quite while our future hangs in the balance. “We will make sure no student returns to the campus until the accreditation is secured.” Other students, who spoke to CAMPUSLIFE, said they would fight on until the courses are accreditated. Efforts to reach the Registrar, Mallam Mohammed Moddibo, failed as calls to his mobile phone was not available.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
ecember 28, 2012 at 2:36 am The information on Uniabuja is not all correct but distorted. Engineering fac was started by the former VC without the initial verification exercise by NUC which the current VC achieved early Nov. I am aware that the Univ management has invested on structures in the permanent site of the university among which is the construction of the largest Vet Teaching Hospital in the entire country, this you can confirm by a visit to the univ. the VC has also invested so much resources in Eng fac, College of health sciences. The Medical council and Vet Council of Nig visited the univ for professional accreditation in oct and Dec respectively. I am pleased to inform the public that these two fac passed the accreditation visit by their prof bodies awaiting NUC final accreditation in Jan or so. The Govt never gave N4billion to the univ as reported in your write up. Infant since the minister’s pronoun cements in April, no kobo has been given to Uniabuja as intervention fund. The VC has been struggling to allocate the little internally generated fund to do all he has been able to achieve. The only money promised was a N2billion by tetfund which has not yet been released to the univ uptill now. All these you may pls wish to comfirm by a visit to the institution, NUC, tetfund, the two professional bodies for independent report. The Eng students were just a willing tool in the hand of detractors and those who don’t wish the VC to succeed as modest progress has been made with the Eng fac also. Reply  true December 28, 2012 at 12:46 pm Your comment make my day. This country is where we are because we have gullible people like the author of this campus life article. Lazyness is the other of the day, no investigative journalism because they are beref of transforming ideas. I sympathise with UNIABUJA students because the detactors of the good effort of the VC were busy using them. Many of the detractors are wearing union gab to fight for food which the VC refused to allow them to continue to do as they which ” thebnormal Nigerian way” These people used their union and thier cabals working with ministry of education to stall the VC for two months out of the six months which he demanded for to put thing right. The brought in 35 member panels to investigate the VC. FG did not give any extra money save the about 200million wasted on the ASUU members investigative panel. This show the insincerity of the minister to solve the lingering, inherited problem of accreditation. The author said he put a call across to the registrar, can he get to the university and see or ask people questions. The so called engineering students broke into university cash office and acdemic office where they carted away statement of results laptops amd so on, is it for them to accredit their courses or they enter cash office to take their own share of the 4 billion naira. The agenda is clear the minister of education is speaking for the northern conservatives, remove this Yoruba christian and put a northern muslim, who are the willing tool, the northern minority in University of Abuja. God bless Nigeria. Reply  Reuben December 29, 2012 at 7:46 am I am a student of Abuja Uni,the worst administration ever recorded since the inception of unibuja; is traceable to the present vc Prof James Adelabu. Forget about christain or moslem, who so ever can lead the sch for the betterment of all Nigeria should be allowed to do so. Prof Nuhu Yakubu admistration is 10X better than the present 1 Reply Leave a Comment
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by buccal(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
Aluta continua angryAluta continua
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Wow dese guys r rili angry. Even mre angry dan urz dat hs nt yt gotn admisn. Nt knowin dat d 1 tin dae have left dat we r cravin 4 "is HOPE dat dey'll graduate smeday". I wish i wer in u guys shoes cus instead of lukin towards resumptn d8 we r lukin towardz buyin anoda JAMB form. May God help us. Pls guys rumorz out dat d sch z gona resume on feburary. Pls hw 2ru z dat
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Tarinotarik(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
seth002: Let me bring another option here....I also applied uniabuja bt bcoz of their delays I had to start with a poly,crownpolytechnic to be precise. I did not apply the skul in my jamb bt d skul is collect those that did not apply d skul bt u ve to pay for jamb placement fee..I dnt knw wat d outcome of uniabuja mayb bt I knw wit God there is big hope..any interested person should check d skul website at www.crownpolytechnic.edu.ng..almost rowunding my first semester in crownpoly..if d skul website did not give u anof info u can call me on 07032749477 to ask more quest....as for me,no more jamb
hi studentz i'm a fellow student like y'all, studying English Language 100l, i'm in my second semester.
Neva believe or do you try this! It's a scam
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tarinotarik:
hi studentz i'm a fellow student like y'all, studying English Language 100l, i'm in my second semester.
abeg tell dem, guys wise up and dnt b a victim.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Tarinotarik(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
buccal: Nt even sure wat wld b d fate of dos of us,who choose uniabuja 4 med,wf d op it wld b accreditated soonest..nd was even interviewed dou didnt even knw wat our scores was...GOD HELP US!cos am xo confused
medicine has been accredited.
Thus: the negative owtcome that led to the closure of the school was the protest of Engineerin studentz due to the unaccreditation of their courses.
And we also protest of One week examination, which led things to be complicated ryt now.
I dont know how things is been takin care of now cuz i'm owt of abj.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by tobiassunny: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
i'm sick and tired of this school, this uniabuja is making me feel redundant... Anyway, in God i trust! Any business administration student should hit me up on 08098509567 via whatsapp or 2go tobiassunny the username
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
As the crisis in the University of Abuja lingered, a source close to the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqqayyatu Rufai, said on Thursday that she was awaiting the White Paper on a report by a committee on the university.

“I assure you that the minister is not keeping silent; she is awaiting the White Paper on the report of the 37-man Presidential Committee she set up on the university.

| credits:

“Anyone found culpable in this crisis will face the music,’’ the top official told the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.

The official said the report would form the nucleus on which any action could be taken.

“The minister feels bad about what is happening in the institution, but does not want to take any decision that could be considered rash,” the official said.

According to the source, the minister had initially thought the issues could be addressed before they spiralled into their present state.

“But it is obvious that the politics of that university is more than the institution itself,” the official added.

The official attributed the lingering crisis to lack of adequate information between management, staff and students.

“If they had managed information well within the university system, things could not have degenerated into their present state,” the official noted.

The source, however, said the National Universities Commission, though shared part of the blame for the deterioration of the crisis, was trying at its own level to intervene
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
UNIABUJA ASUU: WHITE PAPER OF VISITATION, SOLUTION TO UNIVERSITY CRISIS!!!

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Abuja chapter, has demanded the immediate release and implementation of the government White Paper on the Special Visitation Panel as a way out of the current crisis in the institution.

Chairman of the Uni-Abuja chapter of ASUU, Dr. Clement Chup, said this at a media briefing in Abuja on Monday.

ASUU also called on the Federal Ministry of Education to call the ExecutiveSecretary of the National Universities Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie, to order because, according to the body, he was showing undue support for the embattled Vice Chancellor, Prof. Sunday Adelabu.

He said, “We therefore request the Federal Ministry of Education to call the NUC Executive Secretary to order. It should also release without further delay the White Paper of the report of the last Special Visitation Panel to the University of Abuja.

“It is our conviction that the White Paper, if promptly released and implemented, would proffer solutions to our seemingly intractable challenges in this University.”
said, “The
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Becky63: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Has first list been past in d school!I̶̲̥̅̊ mean 2012/2013
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Becky63: Has first list been past in d school!I̶̲̥̅̊ mean 2012/2013
No
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by seth002(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tarinotarik:
how do u knw its a scam Pls if u knw notin abt scam don't open ur mouth nd say wat u don't knw..I droped d skul website nd even d state...if u wnt I can give u d name of my villa nd d complete address of d skul...I dnt blame u...mtcheww
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by seth002(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
mrpresido3: abeg tell dem, guys wise up and dnt b a victim.
well its not a forceful tin..like I said before, am also waiting for uniabuja list nd I pray God hear my prayer...bt I cnt continue to wait for uniabuja after waitin for admission for 5yrs nw....I beg of u to do little research abt d crown poly in ado ekiti state, u can check jamb broch nd see if crownpoly is not in there...I knw there ar scamers out dere bt pls dnt condem any body's effort witout confirmin...dat is very bad...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
Pls wil all need ur advice should wil choose uniabuja next year jamb for a science course like physics,chemistry or statistis pls urgent reply
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Olayemiy: 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Pls are they releasing the lists one department after the other?because i have not heard,or see someone admitted into Microbiology department.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Bashimi: Pls wil all need ur advice should wil choose uniabuja next year jamb for a science course like physics,chemistry or statistis pls urgent reply
well, as 4 me I can't tell u to choose or nt, hope u knw wat is hapenin in d skull so is ur own choice now
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 6:27am On Dec 31, 2012
mrpresido3: well, as 4 me I can't tell u to choose or nt, hope u knw wat is hapenin in d skull so is ur own choice now
i know but they re now selling pre degree form for next year,which mean there is admission for next year student
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:03am On Dec 31, 2012
Bashimi: i know but they re now selling pre degree form for next year,which mean there is admission for next year student
yes there is.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2012
pls wht is goin on? Any news 4rom uniabuja?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Goddon32: pls wht is goin on? Any news 4rom uniabuja?
ntin 4 now
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by buccal(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tarinotarik:
medicine has been accredited.
Thus: the negative owtcome that led to the closure of the school was the protest of Engineerin studentz due to the unaccreditation of their courses.
And we also protest of One week examination, which led things to be complicated ryt now.
I dont know how things is been takin care of now cuz i'm owt of abj.
owk,so does it mean,studnt wld b admitted into dat course or bin given anoda course?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rumorz out dat uniabj i'll resume 7th nd start xams on d 10th. Pls lets share info. Any1 hear anytin lyk dat or odawise
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sheanoel: Rumorz out dat uniabj i'll resume 7th nd start xams on d 10th. Pls lets share info. Any1 hear anytin lyk dat or odawise
ntin like dat wooooo
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
it is true uniabuja wil b resumin 7th of jan 2013, a frend of min goin 2 uniabj just inform me of dat
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
Goddon32: it is true uniabuja wil b resumin 7th of jan 2013, a frend of min goin 2 uniabj just inform me of dat
if d news is from d school den fine bt if nt ...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by youngweezy1: 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
It has been confirmed dat uniabuja is resuming on d 7th of january....and they r starting their examz on d 10 of january
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
it baffles me o,
No School Website, no portal, all that one ZERO
No SUG, no Security, all that one ZERO
No accreditation
is dat school supposed to be called a school at all?
mehn,Bleep up, big time Bleep up.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
young weezy: It has been confirmed dat uniabuja is resuming on d 7th of january....and they r starting their examz on d 10 of january
where did u get d news, give us a reasonable source please.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dat is d problem we r havin on dix thread. D credibility of information. D sch has nt said anytn oh. Bt a philosophy studnt said jan 7. Anoda arabic studnt said feburary bt dae r nt both sure
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sheanoel: Dat is d problem we r havin on dix thread. D credibility of information. D sch has nt said anytn oh. Bt a philosophy studnt said jan 7. Anoda arabic studnt said feburary bt dae r nt both sure
can u imagine, na guess work dem they do.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
Where are u pple come and ans d question, we want to knw d source of ur information since u said it has ben confirm. We don't want to hear dat smbdy said, tell us who d person is ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.