Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (624931 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by beautysylva(f): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Pls guys do anyone hv an idea wen d 2nd list wil b out
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by anonyguy: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
beautysylva:

It is better to wait for The second coming of Jesus than waiting for Uniabuja list grin
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
beautysylva:
Yes, keep checking the jamb website until the week of matriculation. Which may be in November.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
Been along time pls make u na no vex o,just dat ve been very busy dat why,we tank God for d completion of a full academic session witout strike,very soon uniabuja we be a role model to other schools,GOD bless prof Michael Adikwu for bringing dis change

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Great Uniabuja Students!!! The SUG transition committee wishes to bring the following information to your notice. Firstly, on the rumor going round that the university portal was opened and some people have applied for hostel accommodation should be ignored and treated as false as the university portal was opened only to train some ad hoc staffs. It is to be noted that before a person can apply for hostel accommodation, the following has to be met: 1. The student must have first of all paid his/her school fees 2. The student must register his/her courses. It is after registration that such student will be given a PIN with which he/she can access the form to apply for hostel accommodation. Secondly on the issue of students with result errors, such students should make sure they rectify such error(s) with their department before registering their courses. This process can be done via the various departmental exam officer, H.O.Ds or faculty deans. If this process is not efficient enough, a student can visit the dean students' affairs office or access the servicom office @ p.site. it should b duely noted that before a student can proceed to the next higher office, he must have first visited the lower office and is not satisfied with the service received. Thirdly, all students should be informed that once the university portal opens, they can access their 2nd semester result to enable them register their session courses. Please any student with result problem(s) should make sure he/she returns to school on time to rectify such error(s) following the steps mention above. Lastly, the school resumption date has not been approved by the senate which will be due to sit after Sallah to decide on the date. The dates forwarded to the senate by the management is 19th for new students and 26th for returning students. The transition committee wishes to appeal to all to put heads together in order to move our school forward and have a hitch free academic session. We also plead with our students to discard any call by unpatriotic students that can disrupt our learning. We reassure our students of our readiness to protect their interest and enhance their welfare. We also cease this opportunity to which our moslem brothers and sister a happy and hitchfree sallah celebration. Do have a healthy break.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by drbright11: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Wooooooww..Hi guys I have been offered an admission ooo. Computer science. Keep checking the website.... God will surely put your name
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
drbright11:
Wooooooww..Hi guys I have been offered an admission ooo. Computer science. Keep checking the website.... God will surely put your name
you mean you weren't admitted before and you where just admitted now?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
drbright11:

DR were u checking before now that u see ur name? Or did u just check since the 1st name came out?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 12:33am On Sep 22, 2015
When will the school official list come out? .
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 22, 2015
bamysquare:
When will the school official list come out? .
heard after sallah...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Jason555:
heard after sallah...
thanks am grateful for the info, pls Kip us updated
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
bamysquare:
thanks am grateful for the info, pls Kip us updated
lol... I'm also an aspirant Sha.. No shakes anyways... We are together..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 5:30am On Sep 24, 2015
I had there will be a post-screening exercise b4 admitting the students
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 5:32am On Sep 24, 2015
I had there will be a post-screening exercise b4 admitting students, since there was no post, how true is it? and will the exercise been in form of written/oral test or just validation of certificates??
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2015
signing out soon.... I wonder sometimes where most of you people got you info from.. How can you be admitted and hear again that there will be post-ume again... It is not possible... Jus keep checking the Jamb portal everyday.... Thank you..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
PROSPAL CALENDER FOR 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION: Oct 19-Commencement of 2015/2016 session, Arrival of new students.
Oct 20- Commencement of screening of new students, online portal registration begins with fresh students.
Oct 23- Senate meeting.
Oct 25- Arrival of Returning students. Oct 26- Second semester result available online for checking,Normal portal registration begins for returning students. Online portal registration continue for fresh student.
Oct 30-Normal online registration ends for fresh students,orientation programme begins for fresh students.
Nov 2-Normal portal registration cont. for returning students,late portal registration begins for fresh student.
Nov 4-Late registration begins for returning students.
Nov 6-Late portal online registration ends for returning students,late online registration end for fresh students.
Nov 9- Lectures begins for all students,online portal registration complete and all registration document reach the registry and academic planning unit.
Nov 14- Matriculation ceremonies. Dec 19-End of the year break.
Jan 3-All students resume from End of the year break.
Jan 4-Lecture resume for the remaining part of the first semester.
March 8- Lecture revision for all students.
March 10- Senate meeting.
March 13-Convocation ceremony.
March 15-First semester examination begins.
April 1st- Public holiday-Good friday.
April 4th-Public holiday-Easter monday.
April 15- First semester break begins. Please note dat either the school management or the senate have approved dis calender. This calender is prepared to give u an insight on how the school calender may look like and for you to plan ahead.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wittywizard:
signing out soon.... I wonder sometimes where most of you people got you info from.. How can you be admitted and hear again that there will be post-ume again... It is not possible... Jus keep checking the Jamb portal everyday.... Thank you..

My broda I tire ooo! D sign out is for 2 pple.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
wow when will the give the admission the suspense is much,I applied public administration and I scored 241
someone scored 185 and had admission in public admin. How about you? Have you been admitted?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by beautysylva(f): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2015
pls the issue of using cafe to check result is it true coz i heard u can't use your phone and i have been checking i have not been given admission i scored 180 chemistry
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 9:58am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria at 55yrs,how far so far?
In my opine...I'll say Nigeria herself has tried to maintain unity in diversity over 55yrs but economically we are emaciated...I do not blame the government for our economic predicament...I blame nigerians,because we can all make a difference...we can all contribute to the development of our great country..everybody is a government of his/her own...to buttress my point I strongly believe that a quality government is based on the quality of it citizenship. We have been crying" how Europe underdeveloped Africa" how abt we start thinking "How Nigerians underdevelop Nigeria" .

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
someone scored 185 and had admission in public admin. How about you? Have you been admitted?
no i haven't been admitted yet ,am waiting for second list
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:37am On Oct 02, 2015
beautysylva:
pls the issue of using cafe to check result is it true coz i heard u can't use your phone and i have been checking i have not been given admission i scored 180 chemistry
the type of phone you use can be an issue, not necessarily all phones... some phones do have limited functions, while some actually do amazingly well than some laptops or desktops... just use a good device in checking, that is most important thing...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
THE COUNCIL OF PRESIDENT,
University of Abuja,
PMB. 117.
2nd Oct, 2015.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Great Unibujite!!!
A very good evening to you all
We want to believe we are still enjoying our holiday.
This is to inform you all that the break still continues as an alteration regarding resumption has changed, after Senate meeting which held some days back, we ought to inform you that school resumes Nov 2nd 2015 and not Oct 19th as we have been informed earlier.
This is in due confirmation from a very reliable source.
Please do inform others.
Thanks
Daniel Iduh.
Signed :
Sec. Gen. of the Council
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
kingobasi:
University of Abuja,
PMB. 117.
2nd Oct, 2015.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Great Unibujite!!!
This is to inform you all that the break still continues as an alteration regarding resumption has changed, after Senate meeting which held some days back, we ought to inform you that school resumes Nov 2nd 2015 and not Oct 19th as we have been informed earlier.
Please do inform others.
Thanks
Daniel Iduh.
Signed :
Sec. Gen. of the Council
what?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
kingobasi:
University of Abuja,
PMB. 117.
2nd Oct, 2015.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Great Unibujite!!!
Please do inform others.
Thanks
Daniel Iduh.
Signed :
Sec. Gen. of the Council
this date is actually still tentative. due to the fact the school still has issues as regards the TSA directive from the FG... which ought to be solved before we can resume... So let's just pray for the best.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:58am On Oct 03, 2015
It is in the best interest of students of the University of Abuja that this news is published, We give this sacrosanct news in order to clear the rumours making wave recently.

There was a recent news pertaining the school resumption, We have duly confirmed from a very reliable source,putting a call through to a member of The Senate who said there was an issue as to the recent development of the single treasury account,Which means the University doesn't have a fixed account and had to move the resumption date further to two weeks time when it must have perfected a very good plan in which would enable students pay tuition fees to a single account as prescribe by the Federal Government.

Which brings Us to the recent change of the speculated 19th of October to the 2nd of November 2015.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2015
kingobasi:
on monday i will be registering for jamb, i will be choosing uniabuja, course education an christian religious studies. Pls bro is everything in the school intact? Pls i dnt want disappointment o pls tell me now before i rgister on monday before it will be too late
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
Profbrian:
on monday i will be registering for jamb, i will be choosing uniabuja, course education an christian religious studies. Pls bro is everything in the school intact? Pls i dnt want disappointment o pls tell me now before i rgister on monday before it will be too late
See Full List Of The Departments Below:
DEPARTMENT STATUS
Administration
1 Accounting - -DENIED
2 Banking and Finance -FULL
3 Business Administration - INTERIM
4 Public Administration -FULL
ARTS
1 Arabic Studies - INTERIM
2 Christian Religious Studies - INTERIM
3 English Language - DENIED
4 History - INTERIM
5 Islamic Religious Studies - INTERIM
6 Linguistic - DENIED
7 Philosophy - DENIED
8 Theatre Arts - INTERIM
EDUCATION
1 Agricultural Education - DENIED
2 Arabic Studies Education - FULL
3 Biology Education - DENIED
4 Chemistry Education - DENIED
5 Christian Religious Stud Edu- FULL
6 Economics Education - DENIED
7 Educational Admin & Planning- FULL
8 English Education - FULL
9 Geography Education - DENIED
10 Guidance & Counselling - FULL
11 History Education. - INTERIM
12 Integrated Science -DENIED
13 Islamic Studies. -FULL
14 Mathematics Education -DENIED
15 Physics Education -FULL
16 Primary Education Studies. -FULL
17 Social Studies -INTERIM
ENGINEERING
1 Chemical Engineering -INTERIM
2 Civil Engineering -INTERIM
3 Electrical Engineering -INTERIM
4 Mechanical Engineering -INTERIM
LAW
Law. -DENIED
Sciences
1 Biology -INTERIM
2Chemistry. -DENIED
3 Computer Science. -INTERIM
4 Mathematics. -INTERIM
5 Microbiology. -DENIED
6 Physics. -INTERIM
7 Statistics. -INTERIM
SOCIAL SCIENCES
1 Economics -INTERIM
2 Geography -INTERIM
3 Political Science. -INTERIM
4 Sociology -INTERIM
Total No of Programs Accredited - 45
No with FULL Accreditation Status - 10
No With INTERIM Accreditation - 21
No with DENIED Accreditation - 14
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
This lost accreditation issue is still uncertain.

There was a time,it was said dat 15 department will not admit candidates dis year,well I confirmed dis morning if it was actually true or not. One of d member of d admission committee made it known 2 me dis morning dat the news or d rumor was a big fat lie. He candidly told me that it was only law nd microbiology dat was not accredited.

He told me dat dey are releasing d admission list department by department. Thats d reason why some people saw deir name nd some did not.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
I saw this at uniabuja's facebook webpage. I mean its so bad that even with the number of interim departments and denied accreditations, they still put it up as courses in their brochure and the candidates that never knew will still choose these denied courses. Its so bad. Thanks bro. my course is fully accredited.
Pietee:

See Full List Of The Departments Below:
DEPARTMENT STATUS
Administration
1 Accounting - -DENIED
2 Banking and Finance -FULL
3 Business Administration - INTERIM
4 Public Administration -FULL
ARTS
1 Arabic Studies - INTERIM
2 Christian Religious Studies - INTERIM
3 English Language - DENIED
4 History - INTERIM
5 Islamic Religious Studies - INTERIM
6 Linguistic - DENIED
7 Philosophy - DENIED
8 Theatre Arts - INTERIM
EDUCATION
1 Agricultural Education - DENIED
2 Arabic Studies Education - FULL
3 Biology Education - DENIED
4 Chemistry Education - DENIED
5 Christian Religious Stud Edu- FULL
6 Economics Education - DENIED
7 Educational Admin & Planning- FULL
8 English Education - FULL
9 Geography Education - DENIED
10 Guidance & Counselling - FULL
11 History Education. - INTERIM
12 Integrated Science -DENIED
13 Islamic Studies. -FULL
14 Mathematics Education -DENIED
15 Physics Education -FULL
16 Primary Education Studies. -FULL
17 Social Studies -INTERIM
ENGINEERING
1 Chemical Engineering -INTERIM
2 Civil Engineering -INTERIM
3 Electrical Engineering -INTERIM
4 Mechanical Engineering -INTERIM
LAW
Law. -DENIED
Sciences
1 Biology -INTERIM
2Chemistry. -DENIED
3 Computer Science. -INTERIM
4 Mathematics. -INTERIM
5 Microbiology. -DENIED
6 Physics. -INTERIM
7 Statistics. -INTERIM
SOCIAL SCIENCES
1 Economics -INTERIM
2 Geography -INTERIM
3 Political Science. -INTERIM
4 Sociology -INTERIM
Total No of Programs Accredited - 45
No with FULL Accreditation Status - 10
No With INTERIM Accreditation - 21
No with DENIED Accreditation - 14
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by beautysylva(f): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi1989:
This lost accreditation issue is still uncertain.

There was a time,it was said dat 15 department will not admit candidates dis year,well I confirmed dis morning if it was actually true or not. One of d member of d admission committee made it known 2 me dis morning dat the news or d rumor was a big fat lie. He candidly told me that it was only law nd microbiology dat was not accredited.

He told me dat dey are releasing d admission list department by department. Thats d reason why some people saw deir name nd some did not.
so please will there be any second and third list
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
beautysylva:
so please will there be any second and third list

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.