Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27677 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
c.fours:
you know you have failed an argument when you resort to posting gifs. grin
hahahahahaha we are not arguing with you. We are teaching you

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sagamite:

There are 4 catogories women's mentality can fall into in my opinion:

Brainwashed women: Those who are in full agreement with old ways and want to stick with women being treated as inferior.

Women's rights advocate: The women that have traditional views but yet want women to have more rights to be able to live better lives.

Women's equality advocate: The women that want full equality where women have exactly equal rights as men.

Feminists: Lunatics that hate men and want a way for women to have an advantage in society as retribution for past wrongs to women.

c.fours falls into the feminists ranks.

without a doubt, she belongs to the feminist posse......
bunch of hormonally-challenged females who meet up to celebrate how miserable they have made their spouses. God forbid that a feminist would want to make her man happy - that would be treasonous to their cause!

when feminists get together to compare notes, the peer pressure is not about happy relationships, but more about swapping stories of how they acquired the trappings of status regardless of state of their relationships. there is almost glee when women denigrate their boyfriends and husbands. “oh, I really don’t care about making him happy, as long as i have ma way." they continue to recast the cultural rules and yet refuse to follow those rules....
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
coogar:

i don't expect it to make sense to you....you're a self-confessed feminist!

oh dear feminist - what's the problem this time? bunch of confused lunatics....you guys cannot accept that women cannot both be strong and independent while at the same time being the perpetual victim....which is which? are women strong or are they weak?

lol. I never called myself a victim. I don't see myself as a victim. Women are powerful and strong but some societies do not want them to rise to their full potential. see the difference?
Things are much better in the USA of course but you have to fight to keep you rights. If women gave up feminism, things will just gradually go back to the way it was in the past without us even noticing or realizing it. then we will turn around and say "hey wait, what happened" lol
we have to be on our guards cool
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
c.fours:

lol. I never called myself a victim. I don't see myself as a victim. Women are powerful and strong but some societies do not want them to rise to their full potential. see the difference?

Things are much better in the USA of course but you have to fight to keep you rights. If women gave up feminism, things will just go back to the way it was in the past without us even noticing or realizing it. we have to be on our guards cool

you are not a victim? really?
but that is not the principle feminism teaches - feminism sees men as the enemy - that men are brutish and foul creatures whose only point in life is to subjugate women with their intimate urges. pathetically, feminists have been brainwashed into thinking that giving love and respecting men is somehow evil and wrong.....and this is what you claim to be? hehehehehehe. i know this is a facade though, anyone can claim to be King Kong on the cyberspace.....you could be handwashing your boyfriend's skid marks as we speak yet claiming to be sarah palin on nairaland. grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
C fours doesn't even know what feminism is. Now the majority of white females (the ones who started feminism) don't even idenitify with it, but insecure black women like c fours worship it like their bible.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
pleep: C fours doesn't even know what feminism is. Now the majority of white females (the ones who started feminism) don't even idenitify with it, but insecure black women like c fours worship it like their bible.

that's my biggest peeve when some black arsë nigerians claim to be feminists!
the moment they watch "sex and the city" or "desperate housewives", they join the bandwagon of shyte and come online to rant about their latest discovery. arrant nonsense!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
coogar: you could be handwashing your boyfriend's skid marks as we speak yet claiming to be sarah palin on nairaland. grin

coogar: that's my biggest peeve when some black arsë nigerians claim to be feminists!
the moment they watch "sex and the city" or "desperate housewives", they join the bandwagon of shyte and come online to rant about their latest discovery. arrant nonsense!

If Sarah Palin or "Sex and the City" cast are your idea of what you call feminists then I can only laugh. hahahahaha
you wish...

since when did desperate housewives become feminists?? you are clueless.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
c.fours:

If Sarah Palin or "Sex and the City" cast are your idea of what you call feminists then I can only laugh. hahahahaha
you wish...since when did desperate housewives become feminists?? you are clueless.

bahahahahaha
c.fours - quit the herd mentality and take a hard look at yourself! you have no clue what feminism is all about. if you are caucasian, then i raise ma hands up for the oversight but a crusty-arsëd yoruba woman? nigga please - i have a better chance joining the kkk!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
Coogar,
what you are referring to is called "lipstick feminism" or "stiletto feminism" I am NOT one of those. definitely not. I think it's ridiculous and stupid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipstick_feminism
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
c.fours:
Coogar,
what you are referring to is called "lipstick feminism" or "stiletto feminism" I am NOT one of those. definitely not. I think it's ridiculous and stupid
because your ugly of course.

C.fours is in the ugly girl feminism cheesy
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
c.fours:
Coogar,

hehehehehehe
lip stick feminism? now i have seen it all!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
coogar:

bahahahahaha
c.fours - quit the herd mentality and take a hard look at yourself! you have no clue what feminism is all about. if you are caucasian, then i raise ma hands up for the oversight but a crusty-arsëd yoruba woman? nigga please - i have a better chance joining the kkk!

what do you mean by "crusty-arsed yoruba woman"?
I'm not a typical yoruba or nigerian woman mind you. most can't even tell i'm nigerian. not saying this to be proud but most nigerian women dfinitely wouldn't talk about feminism the way I do although I believe that there are many nigerian feminnists at heart. THey just have found that identity and learned to express it in a different way.
so yea the way I speak about it is more western but that's only because I live in the west and my knowledge of feminism is from a western point of view.
I don't know too much about feminist thought from an african point of view. if you have links or sources to point me to, kindly do so.

there are black people in the KKK too just so you know. pleep is a card carrying member. it's not as rare as you think.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
coogar:

hehehehehehe
lip stick feminism? now i have seen it all!

if Kim Kardishian woke up tomorrow and started to call herself a feminist, she will fall under that category.
there are many "feminists" like that. ex. seeing prostitution as a form of feminism etc.
sex and the city cast is another example.
I think all these nonsense are just ploys to subvert the real feminist ideas.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

what do you mean by "crusty-arsed yoruba woman"?
I'm not a typical yoruba or nigerian woman mind you. most can't even tell i'm nigerian. not saying this to be proud but most nigerian women dfinitely wouldn't talk about feminism the way I do although I believe that there are many nigerian feminnists at heart.

crikey me - you even attempted to deny your roots just to champion feminism?

THey just have found that identity and learned to express it in a different way.
so yea the way I speak about it is more western but that's only because I live in the west and my knowledge of feminism is from a western point of view.
I don't know too much about feminist thought from an african point of view. if you have links or sources to point me to, kindly do so.

it's the same everywhere but african women tend to be overzealous about it - you know what i mean? the blackberry syndrome! grin

there are black people in the KKK too just so you know. pleep is a card carrying member. it's not as rare as you think.

hahahaha, you got jokes!
pleep was very balanced on this thread.....he even provided links and articles regarding what happened on the titanic. women and children were the first priority as far back as 1912 so what exactly are feminists all about?

do men not hold the door for women in the mall, do men not help women with their grocery bags? do men not open car doors for their partners before entering into the car? why are you people so twisted and bending the facts like men are the enemies?

c.fours:

if Kim Kardishian woke up tomorrow and started to call herself a feminist, she will fall under that category.
there are many "feminists" like that. ex. seeing prostitution as a form of feminism etc.
sex and the city cast is another example.
I think all these nonsense are just ploys to subvert the real feminist ideas.

how are you different from kim kardashian?
seriously, how do you balance marriage with your feminism? i really need to know your type of feminism since you said there are variants. lipstick feminism, shoulderpad feminism and silicone feminism.....wonders shall never end!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 12:15am On Dec 03, 2012
hahahaha, you got jokes!
pleep was very balanced on this thread.....he even provided links and articles regarding what happened on the titanic. women and children were the first priority as far back as 1912 so what exactly are feminists all about?

do men not hold the door for women in the mall, do men not help women with their grocery bags? do men not open car doors for their partners before entering into the car? why are you people so twisted and bending the facts like men are the enemies?
I always used to try to be reasonable and logical with these women and i have learned from Nairaland that it is pointless. You cant reason with them, you can use logic or anything like that. They will believe what they want to believe no matter what. It has became quite clear that is absolutely no point in being nice to females. Even men sacrificing their lives for women on the titanic cannot concince a feminist that men generally mean women well.

Speak to them in the only language they understand. C.four you are an ugly feminist bytch thats all there is to it. smiley
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

crikey me - you even attempted to deny your roots just to champion feminism?
it's the same everywhere but african women tend to be overzealous about it - you know what i mean? the blackberry syndrome! grin
hahahaha, you got jokes!

the titanic story was used to propel a myth. there is no such thing as "women and children first" rule. I think anybody with a common sense will know this. esp women and children who have been through wars. they are always the main victims. each man for himself.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22119-sinking-the-titanic-women-and-children-first-myth.html

i'm talking about matter of life and death. opening the car doors for me does not make me blind to the knowledge of who owns the car. that's just stuff men use to delude or distract women. I'm sure Fela's mother who was the first to drive a car in Nigeria was probably not well liked by the men. their argument must have been "we hold the door open for you to enter the car. why do you want to drive one" hahahaha

click on pleeps's profile and read through his posts. you will be shocked grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 12:18am On Dec 03, 2012
I am sick of you Nigerian women... you are all the same. (at least here on Nairaland) I will treat you all like bytches until proven otherwise.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:19am On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:23am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:
how are you different from kim kardashian?
seriously, how do you balance marriage with your feminism? i really need to know your type of feminism since you said there are variants. lipstick feminism, shoulderpad feminism and silicone feminism.....wonders shall never end!

how am I different from kim kardashian? is that a question?
look in this thread for my answer:

kim kardashian vs michelle obama
https://www.nairaland.com/1039765/kim-kardashian-michelle-obama
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2012
wait.. i'm not saying i'm michelle obama. just that she is a role model where as someone like kim k should NOT be any girl's role model. no matter how well liked she is by men.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:27am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

the titanic story was used to propel a myth. there is no such thing as "women and children first" rule. I think anybody with a common sense will know this. esp women and children who have been through wars. they are always the main victims. each man for himself.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22119-sinking-the-titanic-women-and-children-first-myth.html

righteous woman, you need to be at your sharpest to engage me in a debate o!
the link you posted must have been penned by a complete twit. we need to know how many men and women that were on board before the shipwreck. we cannot just count the number of survivors and use it as a yardstick. were there equal number of men and women on the ships analysed for there to be a reasonable conclusion that men survive wrecks than women? i await your response.....

i'm talking about matter of life and death. opening the car doors for me does not make me blind to the knowledge of who owns the car. that's just stuff men use to delude or distract women. I'm sure Fela's mother who was the first to drive a car in Nigeria was probably not well liked by the men. their argument must have been "we hold the door open for you to enter the car. why do you want to drive one" hahahaha

click on pleeps's profile and read through his posts. you will be shocked grin

who told you fela's mum was not liked? jeeeez - is this what feminism has turned you to? you continue to deride the titanic story and argue against facts! i have read several books on titanic, listened to the words of several survivors on that ship and they all said women and children got off before the ship sank!

the links you continue to provide don't say much either. titanic took time to sink which allowed some sort of planning and organization. some shipwrecks are sudden where strength and the ability to swim would determine who survives. since men are generally stronger(#coughs#) than women, it's not unusual that men would survive such ordeals than women.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 12:31am On Dec 03, 2012
queensmith: In the year 2012, we are still trying to demonize feminism. O the plight of the illiterate, ignorant and moronic. When women with equal rights to service and facilities become a threat to mankind, when women dare speak and state opinions on nairaland. Surely the testacles of the coon male posters balooned with bravado will fall like conkers. . . . . . . .no they must not allow it. Feminism is bad, and women dare not speak. . . .

in fact, they are all ugly amd therefore should be insulted and their opinions brushed aside. . . .words of ugly women should mean nothing.

O dear, the plight of the ignorant, barbaric, nairaland male. grin grin grin
Exactly you are ugly, fat, and worthless, no one wants to listen to your crap.

Do you honestly believe we want to reason with yall anymore? We tried that and it failed, logic obviously doesn't work with Nigerian women curses are the only language you understand. Get over it, and make me a samwich bytch.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2012
@coogar,

Fela's mother was as feminist as they come. and no, she wasn't well liked by the men. especially the politicians but that didn't stop her.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funmilayo_Ransome-Kuti
https://www.nairaland.com/564754/funmilayo-ransome-kuti-nigerias-wonder
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:37am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

how am I different from kim kardashian? is that a question?
look in this thread for my answer:

kim kardashian vs michelle obama
https://www.nairaland.com/1039765/kim-kardashian-michelle-obama

oh please.....
don't dodge my question - i will ask again......how's your own feminism different from kardashian's lipstick feminism?

c.fours:
wait.. i'm not saying i'm michelle obama. just that she is a role model where as someone like kim k should NOT be any girl's role model. no matter how well liked she is by men.

i am enjoying this.....
so how do you balance your new found cause with marriage or relationships or are you a lesbian?

c.fours:
@coogar,
Fela's mother was as feminist as they come. and no, she wasn't well liked by the men. especially the politicians but that didn't stop her.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funmilayo_Ransome-Kuti
https://www.nairaland.com/564754/funmilayo-ransome-kuti-nigerias-wonder

fela's mum was liked by men and women! she's a yoruba woman - yorubas don't generally shackle their women - yoruba people don't live by sharia laws!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:
i have read several books on titanic, listened to the words of several survivors on that ship and they all said women and children got off before the ship sank!

pleep's argument was that we don't need feminism because men always lay down their lives for women and therefore men have the best interest of women at heart. he uses titanic to support this argument.
my argument is that titanic is a rare exception (due to a very principled captain) that was blown out of proportion by anti-feminists to argue against women suffrage. in reality, men DO NOT have women's best interest at heart and they do not put women and children first in sea accidents. I use a historical study that looked at MANY situations over decades in many countries to support my argument. overwhelmingly, men are more likely to survive in these situations and women are children more likely to perish.

I hope i've made myself clear.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 12:55am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

oh please.....
don't dodge my question - i will ask again......how's your own feminism different from kardashian's lipstick feminism?

i am enjoying this.....
so how do you balance your new found cause with marriage or relationships or are you a lesbian?

fela's mum was liked by men and women! she's a yoruba woman - yorubas don't generally shackle their women - yoruba people don't live by sharia laws!

the feminist ideas that I espouse resembles something more from the second wave.
kim kardashain is not a feminist (she has never claimed to be. I hope not). but if a woman sees her a a feminist role model, such a woman is probably a lipstick feminist.

yoruba women tend to be freer than other women in Nigeria I agree with that. I'm sure the men would apply sharia law if they could but they don't dare try it. cool
i'm not married and if I ever get married,of course I will prefer to marry a guy who shares the same ideas with me on female equality.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:56am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

pleep's argument was that we don't need feminism because men always lay down their lives for women and therefore men have the best interest of women at heart. he uses titanic to support this argument.

of course, men have always had the interest of women and children. only the blind would dispute that. from world war 1 to 2, men gave up their lives to fight for the freedom you and i enjoyed today. men were chosen forcefully to fight for their respective countries. failure to join the army in the 60s attracted a lengthy prison sentence - i have never heard of women being pounced on to fight senseless wars in the past till date!

my argument is that titanic is a rare exception (due to a very principled captain) that was blown out of proportion by anti-feminists to argue against women suffrage. in reality, men DO NOT have women's best interest at heart and they do not put women and children first in sea accidents. I use a historical study that looked at MANY situations over decades in many countries to support my argument. overwhelmingly, men are more likely to survive in these situations and women are children more likely to perish.

of course, men are physically/mentally stronger to deal with such situations. historical facts means shyte if we don't know the number of male/female passengers on board. if there were 800 men and 200 women on a ship and 500 people survive the wreck, even if all the women survive, there would still be more male survivors....so counting the number of survivors without knowing how many male/female got on board in the first place is misleading!

I hope i've made myself clear.

no you have not!
you just keep going round in circles - in an emergency situation where there's little time to organise safety measures, men would definitely survive such horrorcore than women.

c.fours:

the feminist ideas that I espouse resembles something more from the second wave.
kim kardashain is not a feminist (she has never claimed to be. I hope not). but if a woman sees her a a feminist role model, such a woman is probably a lipstick feminist.

lmao @ 2nd wave feminist -

yoruba women tend to be freer than other women in Nigeria I agree with that. I'm sure the men would apply sharia law if they could but they don't dare try it. cool
i'm not married and if I ever get married,of course I will prefer to marry a guy who shares the same ideas with me on female equality.

you are sure the men would apply sharia law if they can? so what stopped them from applying it in the past if they could? dang it - you need to slow down - if your perception about men is this screwed up then you need loads of help!

if you ever get married? what's the point?
the man would want submission from you which is against the tenets of feminism. don't bother yourself, c.fours! go to a spërm bank if you want a child. for companionship, go to the nearest petshop and buy yourself the furriest black cat! grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 1:01am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

of course, men have always had the interest of women and children. only the blind would dispute that. from world war 1 to 2, men gave up their lives to fight for the freedom you and i enjoyed today. men were chosen forcefully to fight for their respective countries. failure to join the army in the 60s attracted a lengthy prison sentence - i have never heard of women being pounced on to fight senseless wars in the past till date!

of course, men are physically/mentally stronger to deal with such situations. historical facts means shyte if we don't know the number of male/female passengers on board. if there were 800 men and 200 women on a ship and 500 people survive the wreck, even if all the women survive, there would still be more male survivors....so counting the number of survivors without knowing how many male/female got on board in the first place is misleading!

no you have not!
you just keep going round in circles - in an emergency situation where there's little time to organise safety measures, men would definitely survive such horrorcore than women.
Your mother is going round in circles. You better go and bury the cow
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:02am On Dec 03, 2012
part of the reason yoruba women are freer is that we are more financially independent than other women. the men tend to be lazier or should I say less responsible (compared to other men) anyway and therefore the women have to step up to the plate to be the caretakers in the home and for their children etc.
with this financial independence (mostly entrepreneurial) comes social and political independence or at least I will say that they work hand in hand.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:09am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:
part of the reason yoruba women are freer is that we are more financially independent than other women. the men tend to be lazier or should I say less responsible (compared to other men) anyway and therefore the women have to step up to the plate to be the caretakers in the home and for their children etc.
with this financial independence (mostly entrepreneurial) comes social and political independence or at least I will say that they work hand in hand.

yoruba men are lazier? hahahahahaha
c.fours, how much lower can you sink? civilisation started in lagos and spread throughout the south west. even the northerners who practise islam consider yoruba muslims as infidels. it's nothing to do with being lazy or not - an average yoruba man is just more exposed and more educated!

aribisala0: Your mother is going round in circles. You better go and bury the cow

aribisala the rabid dog!
go and find a job - dangote needs drivers! ooops, you don't qualify, you didn't graduate!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 1:11am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

yoruba men are lazier? hahahahahaha
c.fours, how much lower can you sink? civilisation started in lagos and spread throughout the south west. even the northerners who practise islam consider yoruba muslims as infidels. it's nothing to do with being lazy or not - an average yoruba man is just more exposed and more educated!

aribisala the rabid dog!
go and find a job - dangote needs drivers! ooops, you don't qualify, you didn't graduate!
go and bury ya mama

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"You’re My Father" -Student; "No, I’m Not, Please" – Ex -lawmaker / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.