Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 (1203 Views)

11 Photos: Nairaland.com From Beginning Till Now (2005-->--2015) / Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Will End On January 15th, 2013! / Is It True That Facebook Will Soon Be Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 10:46pm On May 20, 2012
As you all know its now a business thing, and even if facebook will survive till that year, the number of users will reduces due to the changes that will occur in the future to come.
What am saying is that facebook users might that paying for using their services/site.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by Timileyin(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2012
Ofcourse no, I would have taking over ! Watch out
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by zangiff(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2012
the world is dynamic,anytin can happen
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by chrishenzo: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2012
I don't see facebook disappearing rather I think it will increase in the number of users. Remember that countries like China, Vietnam, and some of the middle east/Arab countries banned facebook in their country. Since a lot of citizens are fighting hard for democracy, imagine a country with more than 1billion people(China) open up, there will catastrophe in facebook's server.

What I believe is that it won't be that juicy as it is today. There will be competition.

Who knows someone might create a time travel website. All you need to do is pack yourself well and hit ENTER, BaBOOOM!!! you will see yourself in Morroco, New York, Bangkok, etc depending on your choice Or you can hit Cltr + PLUS, to travel to the future, Cltr + Minu, to travel to the past, Hit ESC to comeback to the present
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2012
Timileyin: Ofcourse no, I would have taking over ! Watch out
Is it with our mango website or car social network grin
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by mrperfect(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2012
Anything can happen.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
It is very likely that it won't disappear. Within the context of this post, let us not forget that some years ago, even Punch experimented with paid services. We all know how that went.

Outside of the context of this post, facebook is more likely to go out of business due to a falling stock price, though I think they will probably buy back their shares and go private (laying off a ton of people in the process) than go out of business.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by tessyade: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
Nothing is impossible. People may get bored of facebook with time except they add and remove some features. I know facebook will soon go the way of yahoo messenger but how soon is what i cant tell.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is one thing that won't last till 2020 though tongue

Australia online retailer imposes 'world's first tax' on Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/australia-online-retailer-imposes-worlds-first-tax-on-microsoft-internet-explorer-7/articleshow/14145129.cms

An Australian online retailer, Kogan.com, has introduced the world's first "tax" on Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) browser.

Customers who use IE7 will now have to pay an extra surcharge on online purchases made through the firm's site.

Chief executive of the retail firm, Ruslan Kogan said he wanted to recoup the time and costs involved in "rendering the website into an antique browser".

The charge is set to 6.8 percent - 0.1 percent for every month since the IE7 launch, while every month the surcharge will rise by 0.1 percent.

According to Kogan, the idea was born when the company started working on a site relaunch.

Kogan said that even though only three percent of his customers used the old version of the browser, his IT team had become pre-occupied with making adaptations to make pages display properly on IE 7.

"I was constantly on the line to my web team. The amount of work and effort involved in making our website look normal on IE7 equalled the combined time of designing for Chrome, Safari and Firefox," the BBC quoted Kogan, as saying.

Kogan said it was unlikely that anyone would actually pay the charges, and his goal is mainly encourage users to download a more up-to-date version of Internet Explorer or a different browser.

Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
That is very discouraging for people still using older browser.
Wow, I wonder what the guy thinks b4 doing such.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 4:31am On Jun 17, 2012
^^^Speaking for myself, I know what I have gone through to debug IE-specific bugs. MSFT is doing gra gra because they figure as long as their browser is built in, those who don't know any better will use it blindly. Those days are fast becoming history sha. For instance, I recently had a client who told me to post a "you need to upgrade your browser from IE7 to IE8 and above" on his website if you came in with IE7. Now, this is coming from the client. I was so elated, I asked him many times, just to be sure. He said, "too many bugs man. I don't want you to deal with them".

Also, if I am not mistaken, according to the latest browser stats, chrome recently became the most downloaded desktop browser.

Times are soon changing.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by soloqy: 4:42am On Jun 17, 2012
^^^^^
Internet explorer 7 is a no no. No body wants to get into so much stress creating a beautiful site on other browsers just to see a totally different and hideous result on Explorer 7.

I like what the guy did. He actually acknowledges that he doesnt expect people to pay the tax but to raise awareness and make people download and upgrade their browser.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by soloqy: 4:47am On Jun 17, 2012
As for Facebook , it will still be there in 2020 but there is no guarantee that it will be as popular or as important.
Does any one here remember the days of Hi5, Tagged, Black Planet, My space ? They were the buzz at their time but time also passed them by and though they all remain till date, the traffic has moved and so has the importance attached to them in those days as social networks...
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2012
soloqy: As for Facebook , it will still be there in 2020 but there is no guarantee that it will be as popular or as important.
Does any one here remember the days of Hi5, Tagged, Black Planet, My space ? They were the buzz at their time but time also passed them by and though they all remain till date, the traffic has moved and so has the importance attached to them in those days as social networks...
I agree with you anyway.
My question again is what kind of site will be making wave then?
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
^^^Dude, no one has a crystal ball to know what kind of site will be popular then. For all we know, it could be a site that takes your bath, brushes your teeth and wipes your "netherlands" after you "do it" tongue

On a serious note sha, no one knows but hey, it is up to folks like you to define that. I mean, why can't the next best thing for 7 billion people on this planet not come from guru01? cool

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
I mean, why can't the next best thing for 7 billion people on this planet not come from guru01? cool

Good luck!
I am really planning something unique and cool for Nigerians to use, but i don't have clue yet. embarassed
But soon i will be ready by 2015
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 1:23am On Jun 18, 2012
^^^he he. Just in time for election tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
^^^he he. Just in time for election tongue
Mrs. you don't come online on yahoo messenger again. why?
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by yawatide(f): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2012
^^^Man, sorry o. I have been very busy of late. The few times I did come on, I didn't chat with even 1 person so I got discouraged. For you, I will endeavor to come on again on a daily basis cool

I should be online in 3 or so hours.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by soldad411: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nope, I honestly dont think facebook will last long in its current core business because they rely heavily on consumers staying signed on to them. Plus main income generation is from advertisers and more recently being listed on stock exchange, once users find something more interesting, wahala de... I see them reinventing their core strategy if they are to still be around at that time (2020 however facebook may not be known for what it is currently known for now which is for social networking.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by Revolva(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
Facebook will improove its template after facebook there will be none

Others will just follow copy cats google plus is just stupid I hate it
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by guru01(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
^^^Man, sorry o. I have been very busy of late. The few times I did come on, I didn't chat with even 1 person so I got discouraged. For you, I will endeavor to come on again on a daily basis cool

I should be online in 3 or so hours.
Thank you very much smiley
Its a pleasure and very inspiring chatting with you.
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by haylark95: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
4 me it depends on how everything is going around the world
Re: Do You Think Facebook Will Stay Till 2020 by mrperfect(m): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
Facebook has an advance guys, it will live beyond that.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Run Web Hosting Business Without Being A Techi / Webmasters Whatsapp Group / Help With Malware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.