Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! (3606 Views)

Maheeda, Ex-Prostitute Turned Gospel Singer (Photos) / Robin Williams Is Dead! / Real Gees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by DelightTv(f): 1:04am On May 21, 2012
Bee Gees' singer Robin Gibb dies after cancer battle

Robin Gibb - alongside his brothers in the Bee Gees - provided decades of chart hits
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Obituary: Robin Gibb
A look back at life of Gibb
Gibb on making music in the US
Bee Gees' singer Robin Gibb has died aged 62 after a lengthy battle with cancer, his family said.

They said they were making the announcement with "great sadness".

British-born Gibb's musical career began when he formed the Bee Gees with his brothers Barry and Maurice in 1958.

The group is among the biggest-selling groups of all time with hits spanning six decades including Stayin' Alive, How Deep Is Your Love, Massachusetts and Night Fever.

Gibb's family said in a statement: "The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery.

"The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini described the singer as "one of the major figures in the history of British music".

Former BBC Radio 1 DJ Mike Read described his death as a "tragedy".

'Phenomenal legacy'

Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Nobody: 4:23am On May 21, 2012
Disco fans are suffering. Eerily, he suffered intestinal problems similar to his late twin brother Maurice. RIP to Robin Gibb. Very talented man.
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 21, 2012
This 1 dat there is a news of death every single day
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by rastamouse: 12:59pm On May 21, 2012
RIP Gibb...may you find mercy in front of the LORD!
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by stagger: 12:59pm On May 21, 2012
Woman in you...
Brings out the man in me..

How can I forget that 1983 timeless classic? I liked that song so much as a kid. All our childhood stars are going one by one. Na wa o!
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 21, 2012
Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk...
..Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

RIP BeeGee
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by OkijaPriest: 1:16pm On May 21, 2012
"In the event of something happening to me, there is something I will like you all to see... Its just a photograph of someone that I know... Maybe those who once existed must be dead"..... "Bee Gees"

R.I.P Robin Gibbs... Though the flesh may die, your songs will remain timeless..
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by nairamobile: 1:36pm On May 21, 2012
[size=20pt]RIP[/size]
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by freecocoa(f): 3:19pm On May 21, 2012
Nna na wa o.

RIP to him.
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by mruwaifo(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2012
May your soul rest in perfect peace .
This guy's group dropped some of the most heart felt songs of our time .How can i ever forget my parents jamming to "More than a woman" and "How Deep Is Your Love"
R.IP !

2 Likes

Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by kacheezy: 4:07pm On May 21, 2012
mr.uwaifo:
May your soul rest in perfect peace .
This guy's group dropped some of the most heart felt songs of our time .How can i ever forget my parents jamming to "More than a woman" and "How Deep Is Your Love"
R.IP !
OST of Saturday night fever starring John Travolta..
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by damilola15: 4:33pm On May 21, 2012
BoboYekini: Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk...
..Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

RIP BeeGee
First Bee Gee video I ever watched.
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 21, 2012
RIP Man.
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Yinkay: 9:08pm On May 21, 2012
RIP man, I still get the NIGHT FEVER any time I heard you guys and I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MASSACHUSSETS but sorry you could not STAY ALIVE forever, even though you're gone your voice lives on.
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 21, 2012
stagger: Woman in you...

How can I forget that 1983 timeless classic? I liked that song so much as a kid. All our childhood stars are going one by one. Na wa o!
stagger: Woman in you...

Agba o ni tan l'orile o
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by mandsignal(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2012
Yinkay: RIP man, I still get the NIGHT FEVER any time I heard you guys and I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MASSACHUSSETS but sorry you could not STAY ALIVE forever, even though you're gone your voice lives on.
RIP
Re: Bee Gees' Singer Robin Gibb is Dead! by tpia5: 4:18am On May 24, 2012
stagger:
How can I forget that 1983 timeless classic?

i discovered this some years ago but it's timeless as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFXRSsGJNQ

they have so many good songs.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Vs Charles Awurum Vs Charles Inojie: Which Is Your Best Comedian / SEE Toyin Lawani's N550,000 Hair / LEAKED BBM CHAT! Actress That Couldn’t Pay For Her Brazilian Hair After 6months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.