Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (18717 Views)

Poll: Given a 2nd chance, will you still marry your present spouse?

Yes: 61% (94 votes)
No: 20% (31 votes)
Hmmmm. not sure: 18% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / 2nd Chance!!!!!!! / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by jimjones: 2:57pm On May 21, 2012
annoymous: I saw a similar thread but it was directed at the guys only.
Given the opportunity, will u marry your present spouse all over again?

you need to quit your marriage already tongue
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by pingpong1: 3:01pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Where are the men naa. . .or is it only women who have the perfect spouse? embarassed

Men are honest to a fault. Leave us out of this circus show.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by buchibabe: 3:09pm On May 21, 2012
NEVER!!! NEVER!!NEVER!!! Anyway dat part of my life is history npw cos we r no longer togeda.my life was a miserable one with him. He came in d guise of a "man of God" and decieved me and I tot I was gettin married to a saint.not knowing he's even worse dan all d bad guys in naija put togeda. I was just to naïve and young to understand dat not all who call d name of d lord does so with a clean heart.he had nothin wen we married,he's not good looking,we barely managed to do our wedding,I never had all d comfort n luxury but yet I loved him wit my heart. I lost my dad at a very tender age so when I met my ex I was happy because I tot I found a replacement for my dad,u know someone who wil treat me like a daughter and younger sister but I was so wrong. I wasted 3 yrs of my life with a pastor" dat drinks and womanizes.I dnt wish any of my friends to go thru wat I went. Bt I hv no regrets,my God is a God of Consolation and compensation

6 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Exponental(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2012
Though I'm nt married but "YES" as many times as possible.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Super1759: 3:16pm On May 21, 2012
buchibabe: NEVER!!! NEVER!!NEVER!!! Anyway dat part of my life is history npw cos we r no longer togeda.my life was a miserable one with him. He came in d guise of a "man of God" and decieved me and I tot I was gettin married to a saint.not knowing he's even worse dan all d bad guys in naija put togeda. I was just to naïve and young to understand dat not all who call d name of d lord does so with a clean heart.he had nothin wen we married,he's not good looking,we barely managed to do our wedding,I never had all d comfort n luxury but yet I loved him wit my heart. I lost my dad at a very tender age so when I met my ex I was happy because I tot I found a replacement for my dad,u know someone who wil treat me like a daughter and younger sister but I was so wrong. I wasted 3 yrs of my life with a pastor" dat drinks and womanizes.I dnt wish any of my friends to go thru wat I went. Bt I hv no regrets,my God is a God of Consolation and compensation
nawaoooo.sad story....may God forgive him
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by forkadict(m): 3:18pm On May 21, 2012
Now, more realistic and practical feelings are being expressed. But why una wait till we shout before una come start to dey confess?

Naija chics and pretence sha! Na wa for una!

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Agbenyiess(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2012
Yes! I will Marry Her again, No nagging, Extrimly hard working, no how to cook good food, has giving me two lovely children and respect my relations and friends. Although she is not perfect, we are learning adjust every day. Love U Princess!

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 21, 2012
Shame on you ladies!! Like the man you're talking bout in person isn't f****kn a younger chick now.. Mtschewwww!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by luckgames(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2012
buchibabe: NEVER!!! NEVER!!NEVER!!! Anyway dat part of my life is history npw cos we r no longer togeda.my life was a miserable one with him. He came in d guise of a "man of God" and decieved me and I tot I was gettin married to a saint.not knowing he's even worse dan all d bad guys in naija put togeda. I was just to naïve and young to understand dat not all who call d name of d lord does so with a clean heart.he had nothin wen we married,he's not good looking,we barely managed to do our wedding,I never had all d comfort n luxury but yet I loved him wit my heart. I lost my dad at a very tender age so when I met my ex I was happy because I tot[b] I found a replacement for my dad,u know someone who wil treat me like a daughter and younger sister but I was so wrong. I wasted 3 yrs of my life with a pastor" dat drinks and womanizes.[/b]I dnt wish any of my friends to go thru wat I went. Bt I hv no regrets,my God is a God of Consolation and compensation

Sorry
Husband are not replacement of Dad
Husband is a man that want to share your life with you
Can we hear your husband side of the story
We want the whole true not half ass story
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2012
annoymous: I saw a similar thread but it was directed at the guys only.
Given the opportunity, will u marry your present spouse all over again?

YES I will!!

I do not believe that any other woman can love me the way she does... Unconditionally!!

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 21, 2012
NO!

He doesn't cheat, but he loves himself first!

2 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by opokonwa(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2012
[size=16pt]Yes o! I am one of those who got it right! grin[/size]
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 21, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm all these "Yes" everywhere doesn't sound real at all,una sure say na from una heart so? cheesy tongue

@Topic,I ain't married yet,though I'd love to marry my boyfriend but i can't answer the question till after about 15 years to come wink.
HAHAHAHAHA! God Bless U. My thoughts exactly. I have learnt never to trust what people say.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by opokonwa(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2012
buchibabe: NEVER!!! NEVER!!NEVER!!! Anyway dat part of my life is history npw cos we r no longer togeda.my life was a miserable one with him. He came in d guise of a "man of God" and decieved me and I tot I was gettin married to a saint.not knowing he's even worse dan all d bad guys in naija put togeda. I was just to naïve and young to understand dat not all who call d name of d lord does so with a clean heart.he had nothin wen we married,he's not good looking,we barely managed to do our wedding,I never had all d comfort n luxury but yet I loved him wit my heart. I lost my dad at a very tender age so when I met my ex I was happy because I tot I found a replacement for my dad,u know someone who wil treat me like a daughter and younger sister but I was so wrong. I wasted 3 yrs of my life with a pastor" dat drinks and womanizes.I dnt wish any of my friends to go thru wat I went. Bt I hv no regrets,my God is a God of Consolation and compensation

U certainly sound like you have regrets.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Immarnuel(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2012
Freesia:
Haha you mean with the thrifty spending?

they spend with pen and notebook for record in what ever they are buying even if its eggroll.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2012
This marraige of a thing always seems like a raffle draw where the lucky ones...

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by ogejov(f): 3:47pm On May 21, 2012
Yes, his caring honestly.!
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by subzidi: 3:52pm On May 21, 2012
We've been together for three years and married for 8 months wink From the time i met him till now, i'm convinced God gave me the perfect specimen for me ONLY. With all his faults which mine of course dwarfs grin we love us to bits! We both feel very miserable each time we have a misunderstanding and make up is always sweeeeeeet! We are learning everyday in our marriage journey and God has been sooo good to us! I love you loads UTOBIM...like someone said earlier, we may not like the same TV shows, sometimes u abandon your News channels, NatGeo etc to watch Guiliana & Bill with me! Even when u bought 2 TVs to enable us enjoy our seperate viewing u still derive joy in cuddling and watching my programme in expense of urs that most times we end up watching TV together all that mattered was the company!
If there is marriage in heaven, i'd sure say YES to u again and again!

8 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by TV01(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2012
afam4eva: This marraige of a thing always seems like a raffle draw where the lucky ones...

Luck mostly comes into play when it's entered into unprepared. With the right preparation and expectations, the right understanding, the right person and at the right time, it can be a cakewalk. Really.

Please don't be put off.

All the very best
TV

and yes, I'd absolutely marry her again. Although that doesn't mean I don't believe I could have a really good marriage with any number of other suitable women and the idea of being able to have it really good again but differently makes me wonder. But this gal is special, so I'm not sure I'd risk it grin.

2 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by DExplorer1: 3:56pm On May 21, 2012
Exponental: Though I'm nt married but "YES" as many times as possible.

Stop kidding jare. Enter first before you answer make the "YES" no turn error or "that was then"

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by tasandra: 3:57pm On May 21, 2012
lol @ topic grin
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by niddamugu(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2012
YES! Because women are the same.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by opokonwa(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2012
sub_zidi: We've been together for three years and married for 8 months wink From the time i met him till now, i'm convinced God gave me the perfect specimen for me ONLY. With all his faults which mine of course dwarfs grin we love us to bits! We both feel very miserable each time we have a misunderstanding and make up is always sweeeeeeet! We are learning everyday in our marriage journey and God has been sooo good to us! I love you loads UTOBIM...like someone said earlier, we may not like the same TV shows, sometimes u abandon your News channels, NatGeo etc to watch Guiliana & Bill with me! Even when u bought 2 TVs to enable us enjoy our seperate viewing u still derive joy in cuddling and watching my programme in expense of urs that most times we end up watching TV together all that mattered was the company!
If there is marriage in heaven, i'd sure say YES to u again and again!
cry cry cry Nigerians are not doing badly in this marriage thing grin
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by CY09: 4:02pm On May 21, 2012
superior1: My wife drives me nut atimes,but she is a good woman. There are 90% chances that i will marry her given a second chance
u r d only person who have spoken sincerely. others just dey form paparazi!
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Gentiejag(f): 4:05pm On May 21, 2012
U no just because u aint married or u av always been looking at d half-empty side of marriage dsnt mean marriage is bad..

Pple ar sayin 'yes' nd all som pple kan tink of is dat dey ar nt bin realistic?!

Haba!!! Lots of marriages ar crashin no doubt,but dos dat mean d good ones don't exist??please guys,while we look at d crumbling ones esp 4 dose of us who aint married yet,lets pick out reasons y it must av gone wrong nd lets pray we dont make such mistakes too.

@op..am nt married yet,burr i tink i kan ansa 4 my dad nd mom...deir marriage clocked 29 yrs on may 7. Nd yes bliv me dey av ad bad tyms,burr i tink dey wld marry again if given d chance nd probably give birth to me AGAIN...

2 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by CY09: 4:07pm On May 21, 2012
opokonwa:

U certainly sound like you have regrets.
whats ur own na? person tok aw she feel n u dey yan rubbish. Are u in her mind to know aw she feels? ode
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by luckgames(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2012
opokonwa:

Please repeat that?

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by SisiKill1: 4:10pm On May 21, 2012
ping pong:

Men are honest to a fault. Leave us out of this circus show.

No, I think the real word you are looking for is PESSIMISTS. . .men are PESSIMISTS.

What this thread has shown us is that women are obviously more accepting than the men. These women love their husbands. . . .warts and all.

They aren't saying they have the perfectest husbands, they are saying in spite of all that might be wrong with him, they can look at the glass half full instead of half empty (like men do with women)

Reminds me of that ol' saying - Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go throw up because I can't believe I just went all Kumbaya up in here. Someone musta spiked my coffee. . .wait I don't drink coffee. . .errr. . .okay someone must have spiked my Boabab Juice. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by CY09: 4:14pm On May 21, 2012
edwrad50: Shame on you ladies!! Like the man you're talking bout in person isn't f****kn a younger chick now.. Mtschewwww!!!!! angry
oro lo so yen o shocked
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by yankidelta(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2012
Initially  would have said no because of the initial problems my wife and  were facing b4 and shortly into marriage which bordered on culture and finance('m Yoruba Ω̴̩̩̩̥ she's Akwa-Ibom) but today when  look back my wife's d best thing that's still happening to me. She surprises me every now and then with her handling of issues Ω̴̩̩̩̥ all.... just know it's God's work in our lives and of course our lil efforts to make things turn out better.

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by TechRev: 4:22pm On May 21, 2012
I WILL. i will marry her, marry her, marry her, over and over and over and over and over till eternity. I agree i dont love her as i do one of my former girlfriend. But I cant imagine marrying any other woman than my wife should i do it again a million times. I will marry her over and over she is the other half i always wanted.

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by subzidi: 4:35pm On May 21, 2012
@ Opokonwa: Sis-Skills has said it all! Nobody is saying their partners are perfect but this shows how accepting we are of our mates despite all that!Simply put" Loving an imperfect person perfectly" and trust me its a beautiful thing when you are with the right one.
Have you ever wondered why alot of men and women seem to add weight or look fresher as soon as they get married? I'm a perfect example, i used to be a size 8 now i'm a 12 and there is nothing i'm eating as a married woman that i was not eating while single...lol
opokonwa:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Cope When Your Spouse Doesn't Listen: Seeking Advice / After I Invested Fortunes On Him, He Now Says I Stink' - Wife Tells Court / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.