Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband (973 Views)

I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / Man In Court, Says Wife Must Refund N1.4 Million He Spent To Marry Her / My Future Wife Must Be From The Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband by khukhi(f): 9:44am On May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 | Suthentra Govender, TimesLIVE |

A Pietermaritzburg woman has been ordered to pay her estranged husband R10,000 a month in maintenance - eight months after the Hawks arrested him for allegedly trying to poison her.

Businesswoman Vino Williams, 49, has also been ordered by the Pietermaritzburg High Court to reinstate her estranged husband, David, 51, as a beneficiary on her medical aid and pay his legal costs for the application.

The couple were married for 22 years before separating in October last year after David was arrested for allegedly buying poison from an undercover Hawks agent to kill Vino.

He will appear in court in July to face charges of conspiring to murder his wife between September 26 and October 4 last year .

In court papers Vino, who says she lives in fear of her life, said she could not understand "why I must support a man who was actively planning to kill me".

Her husband, currently out on R5,000 bail, was arrested after members of the Hawks received a tip-off about his alleged plot.

His lawyer, Yugusan Govender, submitted an affidavit to the court in which David claimed Vino had left him destitute, adding that he had become dependent on the "grace and favour" of friends.

In the court papers David said Vino had forced him out of their "matrimonial home" in October when "she was led to believe that I had sought to kill her".

RELATED ARTICLES

Wife and 'hitmen' in court after hubby's killing

He said that while he accepted their marriage was over, this did not warrant his wife "to cast me out and leave me destitute. I have no means to support myself," he said.

Judge David Ntshangase said he ruled in David's favour because the couple had been married in community of property.

On Thursday, Vino described the court's decision to award David maintenance as heartbreaking.

"I'm heartsore at the court's decision. I spent thousands of rands to defend the matter. I have no choice but to comply with the court order," she said. "This week I also paid his lawyer's costs ... it's not fair, but what can I do?"

Times LIVE
Re: Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband by Nobody: 10:32am On May 21, 2012
i wonder what is so difficult to understand:
just like a husband cant throw his wife on the street with no funds and nowhere to go, a wife CANT do it too. duh!!!!
whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

.....and so far, this man is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband by khukhi(f): 11:17am On May 21, 2012
gringringrin Lol! Well I wonder how she ended up with a broke husband in the 1st place!
Re: Wife Must Pay 'poison Plot' Husband by Johndoe100(m): 6:01pm On May 21, 2012
khukhi: gringringrin Lol! Well I wonder how she ended up with a broke husband in the 1st place!

She probably made the man that way, either directly or indirectly.

(1) (Reply)

His Friend Wanted Him Killed And Buried With His Late Father! / Scam Letter I Received / What Is Marriage Called In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.