Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... (14886 Views)

Money-rituals(SAKAWA), Share Your Experiences!!! / ISIS Behead 4 Xtain Boys For Refusing Toconvert To Islam (HORRIFYING PHOTOS) / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Payoyo(f): 12:03pm On May 21, 2012
I want to share some horrifying things I have seen in a sabbath church. I was once a member of the mystical gathering before I was delivered.

They do alot of sacrifices that involve killing of rams & pouring the blood on the member they are "praying" for. Sometimes, they used live pigeon to practically clean your body after which the heart of the pigeon will be plucked out and given to the person to swallow raw just like that.

The rituals and initiations were too much. Please i will love somebody to share his or her own experience. Please beware of this white garment "churches". Thank you all.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by ijawkid(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2012
Hehhehehehehehehe..

Na okija shrine?

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2012
ijawkid: Hehhehehehehehehe..

Na okija shrine?

shut up and look at the bigger picture. you know what does this show no matter how hard you try to christianize the people, they will still try to return to their old ways. it shows how spiritually dissatisfied the people are. ofcourse, the christians in this case are certainly going into extremes. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Payoyo(f): 2:22pm On May 21, 2012
ijawkid: Hehhehehehehehehe..

Na okija shrine?

its not okija shrine but a modified way of doing rituals, initiations and incantations all in the name of a church.

Also, know that they go inside their "church" bare footed. Women in their period are not allowed inside the "church" and they are cleansed with a pigeon after that in order to enter the " church".

They always give a mark on their members on the palm of their hands with razor blade after which the blood will be put into an olive oil & u are meant to be rubbing it morning & night. They also use 999 long incense to make a circular mark on the fore head of their members. All these things are done in the name of "praying" for you.

Pls beware. More revelations coming....
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by ijawkid(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up and look at the bigger picture. you know what does this show no matter how hard you try to christianize the people, they will still try to return to their old ways. it shows how spiritually dissatisfied the people are. ofcourse, the christians in this case are certainly going into extremes. . undecided

Oboy wetin be ya own na?

Keep worshiping ur stones and irons and stop d insult...

I only was laughing @ the posters post because it was funny...

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by agb2011(f): 2:30pm On May 22, 2012
Op, do u mean seventh day adventist or white garment churches? I'm confused

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Payoyo(f): 11:36pm On May 22, 2012
agb2011: Op, do u mean seventh day adventist or white garment churches? I'm confused

I meant white garment churches especially sabbath. Does seventh day adventist practice such things?
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by agb2011(f): 11:12am On May 23, 2012
Payoyo:

I meant white garment churches especially sabbath. Does seventh day adventist practice such things?
no they don't, that's why i'm confused
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by dekung(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2012
@OP,
Is there anything extra biblical in the practices described above?
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Mpetempe(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2012
Uka Sabbath... Nah So They Full Lasgidi.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by jerubaalobi(m): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
Payoyo:

I don't think you're very okay,
be very careful when you write things you did no research on.
you know nothing about Sabbath, don't allow your poor mind to deceive you.

3 Likes

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by kuzi1(m): 1:08am On Apr 16, 2017
Op, I am not a church fanatic but pls do well not to generalize. The fact u went to a particular sabbath church does not give u the right to conclude & judge that all Sabbaths are d same (Mat 7v7). I've seen lots of them that done do all d shit u listed. Mind u there are some Pentecostal churches that do worst but it's vague, unethical n judgmental to say "beware of Pentecostal Churches".
Need I remind u that there are different doctrines that were drawn from the bible, the Bible says we are all part of the body. I can assure u most things done in sabbath have biblical refs.
Please let's quit this judging & condemning some churches of a thing biko, cos no church is perfect neither is it a criterion to God's Kingdom.
Na dis kind mindset make Muslims dey laugh us xtians cos...lemme just stop here sha!!!

2 Likes

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Amberon: 3:20am On Apr 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 16, 2017
And people are still attending this church... grin
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by lonelydora: 7:04am On Apr 16, 2017
I am not a member of any of these churches but stop castigating it because you are not one of them. Worship in your church and allow them worship in theirs, on the last day we will know the true religion.

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by James16Billions: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Please beware of what you say about Sabbath church, we only practice the old testament, we serve the only true Almighty God of Sabbath, remember in the Bible when Moses was at the burning bush God told him to remove his shoes that the place he was standing is a holy ground, that's why we don't put in our shoes in to the temples of God for it is a holy ground, mind you what you say about Sabbath Church because not all practice whatever you listed. Please do proper research before you post shit you don't know about.

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
If only you can walk back in time, to the very beginning of Christianity, you'll know that rituals, initiations, incantations were the bedrock of their beliefs. Don't be terrified. They are trying to maintain the original practice.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by wcurtis76(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
God bless you my brother don't mind the idiot talking rubbish
PAGAN9JA:

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by wcurtis76(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
Thank you brother don't mind the foolish idiot
kuzi1:
Op, I am not a church fanatic but pls do well not to generalize. The fact u went to a particular sabbath church does not give u the right to conclude & judge that all Sabbaths are d same (Mat 7v7). I've seen lots of them that done do all d shit u listed. Mind u there are some Pentecostal churches that do worst but it's vague, unethical n judgmental to say "beware of Pentecostal Churches".
Need I remind u that there are different doctrines that were drawn from the bible, the Bible says we are all part of the body. I can assure u most things done in sabbath have biblical refs.
Please let's quit this judging & condemning some churches of a thing biko, cos no church is perfect neither is it a criterion to God's Kingdom.
Na dis kind mindset make Muslims dey laugh us xtians cos...lemme just stop here sha!!!
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
It would be more helpful and objective to actually specify which Sabbath churches partake in those "rituals", because not every single church that worships on the Sabbath...does those things.
It's never, ever a good idea to lump everybody into the same category.
That can cause an irreparable confusion to an already confused person... wink
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by prodigyme(m): 5:48am On Dec 18, 2018
Sabbath church as a while has it's own doctrine roted in the old testament laws.there are some unethical doctrines i find repulsive like the one where foods are unnecessarily wasted in the name of sacrificing to angels.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by DocJoseph(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
My take:

We were not commanded to practice the Old testament way of Sabbath, because we are N.T believers. Very well, Sabbath is Saturday biblically, but we shouldn't do as the O.T believers because of the coming of Jesus Christ teachings and His death that cancels every other sacrifices... It's true that Jesus Christ has been teaching on the Sabbath, but he couldn't have allowed them to performed any rituals, I know Jesus Christ very well, he's my Mentor, and my Spiritual Father... All those sacrifices was O.T way of Sabbath worship, until Jesus Christ comes.... I will prefer all the churches should worship God on Saturday just like Jesus Christ do, and do the Normal worship without any Rituals or sacrifices.... I know it's difficult to change the ancient doctrine of some churches... If U don't worship God on Saturdays (Sabbath), you're a disobedience. Hebrew 4:1-13.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
Adventist?

DocJoseph:

My take:

We were not commanded to practice the Old testament way of Sabbath, because we are N.T believers. Very well, Sabbath is Saturday biblically, but we shouldn't do as the O.T believers because of the coming of Jesus Christ teachings and His death that cancels every other sacrifices... It's true that Jesus Christ has been teaching on the Sabbath, but he couldn't have allowed them to performed any rituals, I know Jesus Christ very well, he's my Mentor, and my Spiritual Father... All those sacrifices was O.T way of Sabbath worship, until Jesus Christ comes.... I will prefer all the churches should worship God on Saturday just like Jesus Christ do, and do the Normal worship without any Rituals or sacrifices.... I know it's difficult to change the ancient doctrine of some churches... If U don't worship God on Saturdays (Sabbath), you're a disobedience. Hebrew 4:1-13.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Kingugo100: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
The reason why you'll judge this people is because you're ignorant of the fact that there are not Christians. They practice Judaism and that is why they offer sercrifice and do the things you see them do. Their faith and core beliefs differ from yours though you carry the same Bible. Lesson, not everyone carrying the Bible is a Christian nor will practice Christianity. The Bible is not for the Christians alone, the Old Testament belongs to Judaism while the New Testament belongs to Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by DocJoseph(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
@OP.... pls don't talk rubbish about Sabbath churches. for the fact that u saw one Sabbath church doing unscriptural rituals doesn't mean all Sabbath churches is Evil. Sabbath churches is the only Church that follow the biblical worship day. if you don't observe Sabbath day worship, then you're a disobedience Hebrew 4:1down. if ur Church is not a Sabbath church then you're deceiving yourself going to church on Sundays... because Sundays is not scriptural and wasn't made holy or Sanctified. Those Pastors that's teaching u guys that Sabbath churches is Evil deserve the wrath of GOD on the judgment day. Jesus Christ obeyed the Sabbath day on Saturdays, he was even there when they sacrifices Ram or whatever, Jesus Christ didn't stop them. Jesus Christ was only teaching or preaching on Sabbath days (Saturday)... not Sundays. Apostle Paul obeyed the Sabbath day also. he was only found on the Sabbath day teaching or preaching the word of God to people. Even other Apostles, or the early Christian,they always obeyed the scriptures. so if u don't worship on Saturdays, you're worshipping the Devil because only Saturdays was Sanctified or made holy for worship... and Sabbath still stands. no wonder Lucifer said that those that will worship him will be greater than those that'll worship God... to day, 70% of Christian worshipped on Sundays... which means Satan is really getting billions of followers every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by DrinkWater10: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
DocJoseph:
@OP.... pls don't talk rubbish about Sabbath churches. for the fact that u saw one Sabbath church doing unscriptural rituals doesn't mean all Sabbath churches is Evil. Sabbath churches is the only Church that follow the biblical worship day. if you don't observe Sabbath day worship, then you're a disobedience Hebrew 4:1down. if ur Church is not a Sabbath church then you're deceiving yourself going to church on Sundays... because Sundays is not scriptural and wasn't made holy or Sanctified. Those Pastors that's teaching u guys that Sabbath churches is Evil deserve the wrath of GOD on the judgment day. Jesus Christ obeyed the Sabbath day on Saturdays, he was even there when they sacrifices Ram or whatever, Jesus Christ didn't stop them. Jesus Christ was only teaching or preaching on Sabbath days (Saturday)... not Sundays. Apostle Paul obeyed the Sabbath day also. he was only found on the Sabbath day teaching or preaching the word of God to people. Even other Apostles, or the early Christian,they always obeyed the scriptures. so if u don't worship on Saturdays, you're worshipping the Devil because only Saturdays was Sanctified or made holy for worship... and Sabbath still stands. no wonder Lucifer said that those that will worship him will be greater than those that'll worship God... to day, 70% of Christian worshipped on Sundays... which means Satan is really getting billions of followers every now and then.
Do all sabatarians wear white garment?
The ones I come across in my school don't?
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by DrinkWater10: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
DocJoseph:
Do all sabatarians wear white garment?
The ones I come across in my school don't.
Re: Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
DocJoseph:

Be deceiving yourself there.

The Sabbath was made for man, man was not made for the Sabbath. So whether men chose to worship God on SATs or suns doesn't matter to God. What He requires from us is true worship. The days are inconsequential. In fact it can be done every day it doesn't change who God is.

As for fetish practices, they do it and I know cos my elder sister married into a sabbath family though her husband doesn't attend. So anytime we go visiting and decide to stretch our legs further to greet her in-law, ( they live in Lagos too) sometimes we'll see pigeon poop and feathers. With guinea corn scattered all over the compound and my sis will say they did "cleansing". So OP is very on point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.