Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? (8017 Views)

Are You Ready To Make More Money While You Work Online?..... BITCOIN / Is It Really Good To Date A Colleague In Same Company? / Wife Worked In Same Company With Her Husband , Trouble Vs Wahala = ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2012
My sister just got a job offer in d same company her fiance works. She's confused on accepting d appointment because she thinks it doesn't make sense to work in d same company with her would be husband, but then its been a very long time she's been searching for a job, and she doesn't want to lose dis one opportunity she's finally got. Besides the salary is a REALLY fat one , infact bigger dan her qualification. She asked for my advice, but i was just moping, as i was confused as well.
Pls guys what do u think she should do??
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 21, 2012
y not? opportunity comes but ones. naija hard!
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by slimyem: 6:49pm On May 21, 2012
i'd say she should take the job.
If she doesnt,she never can really tell when/if she'd ever get something as good.
However,it might not be healthy for their relationship especially if its a small company.it'll be really difficult to separate work from personal relationship.
They'll both need a lot of maturity handling it if she decides to take the job.
Goodluck!
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by bknight: 7:24pm On May 21, 2012
Same company, same branch? Many companies frown at this. And totally against husband and wife working in same company. Usually they might call both and ask that one of them is to resign. Infact no financial coy will agree to that nice recipe for fraud cheesy

for a peaceful home, I don't think its advisable.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Vicjustice: 7:25pm On May 21, 2012
I won't quit my company because my spouse gained employment in it
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 21, 2012
If she doesn't take the offer, biko, direct her to me. I'll deliver her. . . the Oyedepo style. . . cool

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by luckgames(m): 7:35pm On May 21, 2012
booqee: My sister just got a job offer in d same company her fiance works. She's confused on accepting d appointment because she thinks it doesn't make sense to work in d same company with her would be husband, but then its been a very long time she's been searching for a job, and she doesn't want to lose dis one opportunity she's finally got. Besides the salary is a REALLY fat one , infact bigger dan her qualification. She asked for my advice, but i was just moping, as i was confused as well.
Pls guys what do u think she should do??

Is the company small?
Are they going to work in the same depart?
I know it can be a big issue down the road, if they work in the same depart
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by akmid(f): 7:39pm On May 21, 2012
she shld check with d company policy,if dey r okay with couples working in same branch,then they is nothing wrong,even makes it sweeter,they go to work and come home 2geda but if its against company policy then she has to pick btw d job or d guy! wish her the best!
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by pendo89(f): 7:49pm On May 21, 2012
Ok Spouse means married.
My company has a policy.You marry a fellow staff and one of you must go.You decide yourself.
No I dont want to work with my spouse.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by slimyem: 7:54pm On May 21, 2012
....they are not married [size=30pt]YET!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by tellwisdom: 7:56pm On May 21, 2012
Yes, cos it would be easy for me to be yanshing her in my office undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 8:04pm On May 21, 2012
No. Then how the Bleep am I going to flirt freely? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by tellwisdom: 8:21pm On May 21, 2012
Mshew chima, no one would find u attractive with your size undecided undecided
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by MrsChima(f): 8:22pm On May 21, 2012
tellwisdom: Mshew chima, no one would find u attractive with your size undecided undecided

Then why ARE YOUR REJECTED ARSE keeping stalking me?
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 21, 2012
@ topic: no.
I wouldn't get any work done. grin
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 21, 2012
@slimyem. Fine, they aint married but they would soon be, since they've even done their introduction already.

@luckgames. Well, its not a small company. And its d same branch, but different departments.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by luckgames(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2012
booqee: @slimyem. Fine, they aint married but they would soon be, since they've even done their introduction already.

@luckgames. Well, its not a small company. And its d same branch, but different departments.

That should not be an issue, if it is different department
Good luck and I am happy for her
There should be some Rule
NO eating lunch together
No bring home issue to the office
Treat each other as a co-worker at work
You can date and go out for lunch some time
But keep it down

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by akmid(f): 9:54pm On May 21, 2012
THE MAIN THING IS FIND OUT THE COMPANY POLICY SO IT DOES NOT CAUSE PROBLEM WHEN THEY MARRY AND THE COMPANY SAYS ONE OF THEM HAS TO GO!
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by tellwisdom: 8:01am On May 22, 2012
[/size]
Mrs.Chima:

Then why ARE YOUR REJECTED ARSE keeping stalking me?

embarassed embarassedSmh
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by bknight: 8:50am On May 22, 2012
How practical are those rules? No bringing home issues to d office, treat each other as co-workers, no this no that

One will evenntually have to quit..for peace. Trouble makers will intentionally frustrate them. Some will use d husband to get at d wife. When she's not in terms with another female colleague and expects her hubby to take sides? Its just going to complicate an already complex office politicking. When office quarrels tangle with marital issues..I de laff..Same building is jst not good.

When d water is stirred, trouble looms for d ship..too many sharks will be lurking around d marriage.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by stepo707: 1:28pm On May 22, 2012
booqee: @slimyem. Fine, they aint married but they would soon be, since they've even done their introduction already.

Same branch, hell noooooooooooooo
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by joanana(f): 3:22pm On May 22, 2012
sexkillz: If she doesn't take the offer, biko, direct her to me. I'll deliver her. . . the Oyedepo style. . . cool

Bad guy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 22, 2012
bknight: How practical are those rules? No bringing home issues to d office, treat each other as co-workers, no this no that

One will evenntually have to quit..for peace. Trouble makers will intentionally frustrate them. Some will use d husband to get at d wife. When she's not in terms with another female colleague and expects her hubby to take sides? Its just going to complicate an already complex office politicking. When office quarrels tangle with marital issues..I de laff..Same building is jst not good.

When d water is stirred, trouble looms for d ship..too many sharks will be lurking around d marriage.
Yes dats tru; 4me is a NONO.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Saintsquare(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2012
Would they be able to concerntrate at dischargin there duties at work?If yes,they mite give it a try.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by mormodica(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2012
But she knew her husband work in that same company before she applied.As far as i am concerned,it shld'nt a big issue in as much they both understand themselves.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:55pm On May 22, 2012
Some companies actually encourage dating and marriage among staff, like mine. They are always organizing parties and fun activities for people to "get to know themselves better" as they say. As long as it does not interfere with your job
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:00pm On May 22, 2012
It depends on how the situation is managed. I am a living example of it and there is no cause for alarm.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by hassanumaru: 4:01pm On May 22, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]why nt .u do ur work his going to do his work.so no problem.wen u rich ur house u can na do husband&wife. kisswhy nt .u do ur work his going to do his work.so no problem.wen u rich ur house u can na do husband&wife.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by nous(f): 4:25pm On May 22, 2012
She should accept the job. If the coy frowns against couples working together, either of them can leave later. But for now she needs the experience and the money.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by kodewrita(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2012
Tell your sister that is a ten-ten situation ( also known as ten-over-ten). if you know how seriously my highly paid friends are scouting babes in their company.
two seriously heavy cashflows into the same family. Thats the dream, girl

**takes time off to stare at the horizon and fantasize**

back to you, tell her its not a bad idea to work in such a company as long as she's not directly working in the same team with her husband.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by terrifikjo(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2012
NO WAY. I'll never work in the same company with my spouse..
ah... it will be too mch. i see her at work all day, and again at home all night..
no room for the 'Miss you ' stuffs or 'thinking of you'..
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by rekeson: 4:33pm On May 22, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife And Her Ex- / Lady Left With Rotting Breasts That Smell Like Rot Flesh After Surgery (graphic) / How Simps Are Making Girls Feel Too Special. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.