Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? (1183 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by pony(m): 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2007
Hi Folks,
I am one of the blessed winners of the Dv 2008 American Lottery. I am also working in one of the GSM companies in Nigeria and my Salary is really Good.
How can I maintain my DV lottery and still keep my Job in Nigeria. I want to make the best of the two blessings God gave me.
Expecting your responses.
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by uspry1(f): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
If you are the blessed winner of 2008 DV lottery and you already have your job in Nigeria, then WHY DON'T YOU WRITE UP your CV and ask your employment to request for transferring for the similar GSM companies in the USA, if Nigeria GSM company is a part of USA parent company?

Other way, once you enter to the USA, you will search for the similar GSM company whether there is available job opening with starter salary to be apply for (it won't be the same salary you already have in Nigeria---due to different currency exchange and job requirement). what do you think?

You have nothing to lose!
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by samm(m): 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2007
Take a leave or vacation time, travel to the US and get ur necessary documents ie get a Drivers Licence (if u want), open a bank account, apply for a Social Security Number, and most importantly wait for your Green card to arrive.
The longest wait is the green card which takes about 6wks or so. Once you get that, you can go on back home. To keep your Immigrant status, you just have to visit every year (pls double check on the frequency and required lenght of stay). It isn't that difficult. Let me know if you have any questions.
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by pony(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2007
Thanks for your advise Samm,
I'll keep you posted.
Would be glad if we can keep contact.
you can reach me at ponyabe@yahoo.com
would be expecting your email
God bless you
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by Ezinwannem: 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2007
Samm said it all, datz all I wanted to say. my friend got his and did excately the same although he stays in Canada but did the whole process thingy in the summer and came back
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by awonboiz: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2007
pls visit www.visalaw.com for more detailed info.

its not as easy as you guys think but if you can abide by what you find in the above site, then no yawa!
I av a friend in the same shoe as u, he works with one of the leading banks in naija right now and e won DV lottery. so he took 2months of his accummulated leave and now he and his family are presently in the States awaiting their papers before going back to naija to resume his bank job.

All da best smiley
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by pony(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2007
Thanks awon boiz for the info.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
God bless you all and grant all your heart desires. AMEN
Re: How Can I Maintain Dv Lottery And Keep Job In Naija? by jankaraman(m): 5:34am On Nov 28, 2007
I guess you got all the facts, After getting your Green Card please keep it safe in Naija, it takes 6 months to get a replacement if you are inside the USA and you loose it  and I am not sure of what horrors the Embassy of  USA in Nigeria will put you through for you to get travel papers . I lost mine once in Lagos in the 90s and I was kept there 2 months before I was able to travel, that was before 911 these days who knows how long you will be kept in Lagos. An American was recently 'deported in error'  to Lagos and he was not attended to by the Embassy not to talk of a Naija loosing his 'Green Card ".'

If you are going to be staying out more than 6 months at a time it may take you 10 years to be a US Citizen instead of 5 years if you do not absent yourself from the USA more than 6 months at a time.  Keep that in mind. smiley If you do not pay income tax to the US government you MAY be denied citizenship.

Immigrant Attacked Friend With Knife To Get Deported Back To Africa Because He H / I Need A German Visa. / Where Would You Be Traveling This Summer Holiday?