Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' (525 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' by Fishie(m): 3:38am On May 22, 2012
Drogba: I'm Leaving Chelsea...
Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of his adoring fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have decided his eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge is up.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) straight to their faces.

"Except that I could not do it. They made me break down.

"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba's representatives have since moved to distance their player from the reported quotes.

The forward has been linked repeatedly with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is now a player-coach.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7770087/Drogba-to-leave-Chelsea
Re: Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' by friedrice1: 7:56am On May 22, 2012
What a great decision!!. you leave when the ovation is loudest.
I'm happy for him.
Re: Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' by mukina2: 9:19am On May 22, 2012

(1)

Is Euro2012 Being Aired On Eurosport / Choose Your Club & Favourite Player You Wish You Had / Uefa Champions League Draws For Round Of 16 Knockout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.