Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:47 AM

Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... (3904 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by gidigbi(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2012
I really need this forum to assist and alert the people in Guarantee Trust Bank Nigeria to resolve there mastercard ATM issues. A lot of us (NIGERIANS) are unable to withdraw cash for over a week now and this is stopping a lot of anticipated transactions to bolster businesses.

For over a week now, whenever I try to use my card it tells me to enter my VISA PIN while my atm is mastercard. I've written to lodge my compliant and after acknowledging receipt they reply telling me issue has been resolved while nothing has been done.

I was referred to use my card at Ghana Commercial Bank or Standard Bank (stanbic ibtc) but the same result stands.

Please whoever has a link should assist me and others facing this ordeal.

Thank you very much.

SEUN u can also assist by putting this on the front page o, God bless you.
Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by prince0(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2012
it works in Ghana, i have used it but it works with atm with mastercard sign and select UNIVERSAL as your payment option it will you in cedis. All the time i have been to ghana i have always used my gtb mastercard
Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by gidigbi(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2012
Yeah, I was able to use it after I arrived twice but since then...till now u cannot use mastercard to withdraw. Really frustrating...
Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by sholatech(m): 6:34am On May 23, 2012
I'm sure it is temporary. Did you also try it at GTBank's ATM nearest to you, especially the one at Osu?
Generally speaking, when travelling outside naija, I use mostly Visacards. They are more ubiquitous and most ATMs and POS accept Visa than Mastercards, irrespective of the bank issuing
Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by dw994034: 7:38am On May 23, 2012
I am a worker of GTbank here in Nigeria so I saw your comment about your ATM card not working in Ghana so I decide to help you.......but main while is you Master card online activate for online transactions if not here is my pin on BBM 21A3961E or contact me at dw994034@gmail.com that for me but for the bank website you vist us at www.gtbank.com/info......thanks.....so I will like to have your reply.....
Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by gidigbi(m): 11:34am On May 24, 2012
Finally folks, I was able to use my GT mastercard after I followed the advise of friend having same issues that I try Stanbic IBTC atm @ Accra mall. Anyone having same issue is advised to do same in order to have access to cash.

As for my friend who dropped his bb PIN, I added him and the next thing he asked was that I send my name, card number details and CCV. I suspected foul play and I asked to him to contact me via his official email account....at the moment, mail never show.

Please let's be extra vigilant as its clear that while we are here to assist each other, some people are here to take advantage of every situation...

4 Likes

Re: Gt Bank Atm Card Not Working In Ghana Left Stranded... by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2017
dw994034:
I am a worker of GTbank here in Nigeria so I saw your comment about your ATM card not working in Ghana so I decide to help you.......but main while is you Master card online activate for online transactions if not here is my pin on BBM 21A3961E or contact me at dw994034@gmail.com that for me but for the bank website you vist us at www.gtbank.com/info......thanks.....so I will like to have your reply.....

BLOODY THIEF...

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know And How To Make Money On OLX / Virtual Football League Arena(NAIRABET) / Household And Body Items In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.