Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726895 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
yinksob002:
@HumbledbyGrace: I just did my membership reg. with Momentum Health and got my confirmation letter in less than 30 minutes. Never knew the processing was so fast.

Thanks

I guess you are lucky to get the confirmation fast. I was forced to switch over to CompCare when the confirmation from Momentum was delayed for 3 days. May be they have realized many students are now using CompCare and their is need for them to tidy up.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
Please How do you go about it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
How much does it cost u?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
chemashie:

I guess you are lucky to get the confirmation fast. I was forced to switch over to CompCare when the confirmation from Momentum was delayed for 3 days. May be they have realized many students are now using CompCare and their is need for them to tidy up.
Momentum D best medical insurance in SA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Hillbrow to be precise
yebo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
MojAyo:
joburg is too crowdy with people,mostly nigerians plenty there
where I stay is far from town.its off Johannesburg road.its dominated by whites
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
harlyon:
where I stay is far from town.its off Johannesburg road.its dominated by whites
wena,what's the name of d place
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Search for Momentum Health on google and it will take you to their web page. Thereafter, you can go to the home page and from there you will get further directions. I paid a little above N65,000.00 and it was charged to my debit card.
Aboderinkay:
Please How do you go about it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
MojAyo:
yebo
replied your mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
yinksob002:
Search for Momentum Health on google and it will take you to their web page. Thereafter, you can go to the home page and from there you will get further directions. I paid a little above N65,000.00 and it was charged to my debit card.

Luck you. I tried using credit card today, I got confirmation on the online payment page, but when I switched back to Momentum page, nothing happened. Didn't get a bank notification either. I don't want to do the online payment thing twice. Please any idea of other alternative ways to pay? This is the last bit remaining before applying for study permit...

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Why not try using your debit card instead and go through the homepage of Momentum Health. Ensure you have all d details required and follow the process through. I believe you will get it right. You can send me a mail for further clarifications if need be.
Cypha8:

Luck you. I tried using credit card today, I got confirmation on the online payment page, but when I switched back to Momentum page, nothing happened. Didn't get a bank notification either. I don't want to do the online payment thing twice. Please any idea of other alternative ways to pay? This is the last bit remaining before applying for study permit...

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
hello guys have applied for south africa visa since September 25 and up till now i still haven't gotten a msg from them for pickup, which i was going for a visit, my hotel was book against November 2,i submitted in abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OneNaija(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
I got my South Africa visa which took 4 good weeks through VSF. Its a long wait indeed. Please I need a cheap flight from Abuja to Jorburg. can anyone help me out here. Thank.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Sorry if you asked me a direct question in the past 2 weeks and got no response. I was in Nigeria and needless to say, network wasn't great. I can't seem to be able to go through the 5 pages since I last came here. Moving on.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2014
yinksob002:
After accepting the offer of admission, do i need to wait for a letter of acceptance from the school before i can proceed with other steps required to obtain a study visa. Kindly advise..

Are you sorted now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2014
DrKit:
@TYPOP thanks for your tips and hints on this thread. Its been very helpful. I got my visa yesterday evening. I'll be leaving for my training on Saturday night.
I want to ask, how much should one have as BTA? I've booked my return ticket and my hotel accommodation has also been fully paid for. I'll be there for about 10 days.

Sorry I didn't reply your mail. I always preferred people asking their questions here. I'm sure you're sorted now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2014
OneNaija:
I got my South Africa visa which took 4 good weeks through VSF. Its a long wait indeed. Please I need a cheap flight from Abuja to Jorburg. can anyone help me out here. Thank.

Try Arik. They had a promo on and I paid only 80k.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2014
tunet:
hello guys have applied for south africa visa since September 25 and up till now i still haven't gotten a msg from them for pickup, which i was going for a visit, my hotel was book against November 2,i submitted in abuja

Try calling them. Please call the embassy directly and not VFS. If nothing shows up in the conversation, go there and try to find out what is delaying your application. Something may be delaying your application. Please be nice to the security men and just explain nicely. Don't try to fight them as they hold the key to your going in or not.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Cypha8:

Thanks.

If you know anybody in the republic, let them pay for you and you send the equivalent to them. They will send your proof of payment to you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dear registered & admitted 2015 postgraduate students, Kindly avail yourself this opportunity. Special greetings to TYPOP, Samtol04 and Chemashie. I say make I hail una. TYPOP, I see mother on thingy (web) been recognised for SA young academic what what.... One love.

Other Bursaries
http://www.uj.ac.za/EN/postgrad/pgc/pfs/Pages/Other-Bursaries-and-Scholarships.aspx

Global Excellence Scholarship
http://www.uj.ac.za/EN/postgrad/pgc/pfs/Pages/GES.aspx

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OneNaija(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
As a first time traveller to South Africa, what and what do I need to embark on my trips there without any problem. Only gotten my Visa. please help. Thank.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
samtol4:
NO cause for worry ! Contact your school let the school give response to Saqa emails or verification letter since it is clearly written "information about d .............. Being sought"
Hi Samtol4, TYTOP and everyone
I have contacted my school and the man in charge said he hasn't seen any mail from SAQA in respect to my application. Pls house what should I do now. The 20day frm saqa is still on 27th. Kindly assist with vital info. Thanks all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
chemenger:

Hi Samtol4, TYTOP and everyone
I have contacted my school and the man in charge said he hasn't seen any mail from SAQA in respect to my application. Pls house what should I do now. The 20day frm saqa is still on 27th. Kindly assist with vital info. Thanks all

You can call SAQA and ensure you confirm they have sent a mail requesting for verification of your results from your school before contacting your school,and most times SAQA send mails to the registrar of your school,who inturn forwards to Exams and Records for Verification of your results.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Emasel:

You can call SAQA and ensure you confirm they have sent a mail requesting for verification of your results from your school before contacting your school,and most times SAQA send mails to the registrar of your school,who inturn forwards to Exams and Records for Verification of your results.
ok I would try and contact SAQA back. Thanks so much for the quick response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2014
MojAyo:
wena,what's the name of d place
Madison,Lyndhurst.its far from the main town
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2014
OneNaija:
As a first time traveller to South Africa, what and what do I need to embark on my trips there without any problem. Only gotten my Visa. please help. Thank.
. Proof of accomodation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2014
Decided to use debit card, got immediate confirmation.

Thanks @samtol, yinksob002 & typop...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
hey guys.major shout out to dis correct chick @humbledbygrace for welcoming me to JOZI lastnyt...she came all d way to pick me up waited for me to clear with immigration under d cold...abeg make una help me hail her o....And remember to always make paid hotel reservation wen coming to SA...They almost sent me bck o....so pls guys always do paid hotel reservation and atleast hold some cash with u..cheers

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
pappy2000:
Yeah,I am in Nigeria,i am going to seek greener pasture in south africa.Please dont advice me not to go.I am determined,there is no harming in trying if things go wrong I can always come back.I want to go to south africa becos i can come back after i get the work permit or use that to travel to other places.I got a girl in BOtswana.And i also think sa is one of the few countries that allow visitor path to work permit

Hope everything went well brother?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sassyp:
hey guys.major shout out to dis correct chick @humbledbygrace for welcoming me to JOZI lastnyt...she came all d way to pick me up waited for me to clear with immigration under d cold...abeg make una help me hail her o....And remember to always make paid hotel reservation wen coming to SA...They almost sent me bck o....so pls guys always do paid hotel reservation and atleast hold some cash with u..cheers
M honored
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zioncalling: 5:30am On Oct 26, 2014
HI House,
i want to submit my application to vfs on Monday and i am coming from ilorin. i will have to go straight to MM1 for yellow card, please my question is can i still submit that same day because i heard they accept 200 applications per day.
response please!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2014
Great01:

DUT

Pls what is the range of tuition fees for MTech at DUT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.