Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726591 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
I just got my visa today in lagos high commission study permit

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by extrovert6(m): 12:08am On Nov 22, 2014
Pls I need a reply my people

extrovert6:
Hello house, thanks for the bountiful information, I ve really learnt a lot .
I'm a postgraduate student of university of Ibadan,
I applied for a conference in the republic, but I applied very late for my visa, i applied on the 14th of this month and the conference starts on the 26th - 28th of this month. Which means I have to leave inveriably on the 25th of November. Someone with experience should tell me the processing period. Also a cousine stands to be sponsoring me , he has about 900k in his account , hope its okay?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2014
You may be lucky to have it processed within a week cos av seen pple who get their visas in less than a week but most times it takes about two weeks or more. The balance in your sponsors acct is okay provided he has a good acct turnover cos that is what matters most. All the best..
extrovert6:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2014
extrovert6:

Mine took three weeks and is it a visitors visa or permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by extrovert6(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2014
I pray I'll be lucky
Can I check the application centre myself tomorrow because i dont trust the online tracking and I have to leave on Tue by the Grace of God
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2014
qalifa:

Mine took three weeks and is it a visitors visa or permit

you mean ur study permit took 3 weeks?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
thanks you all, i got my visit visa now will be flying for the first
time soon, still shopping for jackets and sweaters,.... what are the things i need knw as a first timer
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
extrovert6:
Hello house, thanks for the bountiful information, I ve really learnt a lot .
I'm a postgraduate student of university of Ibadan,
I applied for a conference in the republic, but I applied very late for my visa, i applied on the 14th of this month and the conference starts on the 26th - 28th of this month. Which means I have to leave inveriably on the 25th of November. Someone with experience should tell me the processing period. Also a cousine stands to be sponsoring me , he has about 900k in his account , hope its okay?
Thanks
Honestly, I don't think it will be ready, the time is just to short, but be optimistic, you might just be lucky.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by extrovert6(m): 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
yinchar:

Honestly, I don't think it will be ready, the time is just to short, but be optimistic, you might just be lucky.

Yinchar! Thanks so much but I believe in miracles
I'll share testimony here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uwemubia: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hello Nairaland,I want to apply for a visit visa to sa,I am working with a reputable company and I want to k ow which documents did I need and how much balance must I have and can high go to the high commission for the visa.I am going with my wife for vacation pls urgent response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Emasel:

It must definitely be a visiting visa, study permit tajes nothing less than 45 days nowadays...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 2:00am On Nov 23, 2014
Emasel:

Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 2:02am On Nov 23, 2014
yinchar:

It must definitely be a visiting visa, study permit tajes nothing less than 45 days nowadays...
Bro it was a study permit and it took 3 weeks submitted on 29th Oct and got it 21 Nov
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 3:47am On Nov 23, 2014
qalifa:

Bro it was a study permit and it took 3 weeks submitted on 29th Oct and got it 21 Nov

PhD?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by extrovert6(m): 5:51am On Nov 23, 2014
yinksob002:
You may be lucky to have it processed within a week cos av seen pple who get their visas in less than a week but most times it takes about two weeks or more. The balance in your sponsors acct is okay provided he has a good acct turnover cos that is what matters most. All the best..

Yinksob! Was it a visiting visa too?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larion: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2014
Hello house, please help with d following info.

For someone who got a contract job in SA which visa is recommended.....all I see is visa, nothing about work permit for short term job say 3 months, then also the scarce skill permit. Will normal visitors visa be okay?

Also, after deciding on the visa, how long will it take to obtain, plus where is me it advicable to apply, Lagos or abuja? Learnt one is faster than the other.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Cypha8:

PhD?
Nope aviation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yes
extrovert6:

Yinksob! Was it a visiting visa too?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
yinchar:

There is little difference in the ticket prices even at this peak period, you can try out wakanow.com to compare the ticket prices of different airlines, that will surely help.
its cheaper wen u book directly with an airline
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
uwemubia:
Hello Nairaland,I want to apply for a visit visa to sa,I am working with a reputable company and I want to k ow which documents did I need and how much balance must I have and can high go to the high commission for the visa.I am going with my wife for vacation pls urgent response
1.bank statement .2 yellow fever card 3.download d visa form and fill 3. flight reservation 4.proof of residence(where you will stay Hotel booking)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
larion:
Hello house, please help with d following info.

For someone who got a contract job in SA which visa is recommended.....all I see is visa, nothing about work permit for short term job say 3 months, then also the scarce skill permit. Will normal visitors visa be okay?

Also, after deciding on the visa, how long will it take to obtain, plus where is me it advicable to apply, Lagos or abuja? Learnt one is faster than the other.
you got a job in SA ? Apply for work permit with the assitance of the company the permit will be issued ! Discuss with the conmpany that offered you job they understand immigration laws! Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larion: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
samtol4:
you got a job in SA ? Apply for work permit with the assitance of the company the permit will be issued ! Discuss with the conmpany that offered you job they understand immigration laws! Cheers

Thanks boss....I didn't say its me oooo....lol.

Anyway yes, the company is applying for the work permit, they said dey will apply for 3months first then upon extension of the contract, they will apply for 4years ICT work permit.......

However my concerns and reservation :

1) Will one be able to work legally with this initial 3months visa, don't wanna get there and start hearing stories of "you can't work with this visa", "you need proper permit" cos I learnt they r very hostile to Nigerians.
In light of this, is there anoda type of work permit that cld b used for this short term apart from the scarce skill work permit (which I guess might take a while to process)? From their website, I see nothing.

2) like u said, the company is truly working that (permit n others) all out but its a UK recruiting agency they might just do the basic things. How do I mean,? The initial three months visa might be good for an Indian or Philippine to start work, but with d bad tag on Nigerians, they might want sometin more concrete, if u get wat I mean. So while they r doing theirs (the recruiting firm), m trying to do mine, just to get it right, as I will be resigning here to start there (don't wanna b on a long tin) Besides one of d ladies in d recruiting firm told me to start my visa process early cos Nigerians have the problem of visa each time they recruit them (so sad we've got a bad name).

Also the question of where to apply, lag or abj? Which is faster.....thanks for your time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Evening,
1. Please in respect to flights booking; do I need to pay for the flight before I submit my visa application? If No, am I to pay for the same flight reservation I submitted to the embassy which has a 72 hour reservation holding since i choose the 'pay later' option OR can i move on and pay for another flight on a later day?
2. how much is the visa processing fee for study permits; is it 8,600 or 18,000?
3. Do I need to photocopy my vaccination card?

Thank you for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
larion:

Thanks boss....I didn't say its me oooo....lol.

Anyway yes, the company is applying for the work permit, they said dey will apply for 3months first then upon extension of the contract, they will apply for 4years ICT work permit.......

However my concerns and reservation :

1) Will one be able to work legally with this initial 3months visa, don't wanna get there and start hearing stories of "you can't work with this visa", "you need proper permit" cos I learnt they r very hostile to Nigerians.
In light of this, is there anoda type of work permit that cld b used for this short term apart from the scarce skill work permit (which I guess might take a while to process)? From their website, I see nothing.

2) like u said, the company is truly working that (permit n others) all out but its a UK recruiting agency they might just do the basic things. How do I mean,? The initial three months visa might be good for an Indian or Philippine to start work, but with d bad tag on Nigerians, they might want sometin more concrete, if u get wat I mean. So while they r doing theirs (the recruiting firm), m trying to do mine, just to get it right, as I will be resigning here to start there (don't wanna b on a long tin) Besides one of d ladies in d recruiting firm told me to start my visa process early cos Nigerians have the problem of visa each time they recruit them (so sad we've got a bad name).

Also the question of where to apply, lag or abj? Which is faster.....thanks for your time
what will be the status of the 3months visa? Work or visitor visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tjcoded: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=yinksob002 post=28114594]Kindly note that repatriation fee is no longer applicable for visa application to SA.

Best of luck
Pls I want to know how sure you are about this because the day I went to submit my apllication,I filled in my brother's numba because in stays in abj and I received a call from him that the embassy demands I pay a sum of 110k for repatration fee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tjcoded: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Canadidacy:
Humbledbygrace, you are awesome. Ladies like you are very rare. Thanks all the way.

If you are coming to SA for visit and don't want to be sent back at Point of entry, please don't just book hotel, ensure you PAY for the exact days you intend staying. Alternatively you can get an invitation from anybody with an I.D.

This is from experience.
tanx a lot for the information,pls I dnt understand what you mean by I.D
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tjcoded: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Canadidacy:
Humbledbygrace, you are awesome. Ladies like you are very rare. Thanks all the way.

If you are coming to SA for visit and don't want to be sent back at Point of entry, please don't just book hotel, ensure you PAY for the exact days you intend staying. Alternatively you can get an invitation from anybody with an I.D.

This is from experience.
thank you for this information, pls I'd luv to know wat you mean by any one with an I.D,pls what type of I.D?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larion: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
samtol4:
what will be the status of the 3months visa? Work or visitor visa ?
Oh yes, I guess I was bin worried for nothing, I just checked wen u asked, d initial 3 months is 11.2 visa according to wat he sent. Just saw that now.

I did a Google on it, 11.2 is a visit visa with permission to work, so I guess they r on track and I was d ignorant one over d issue

They shld be sending everything this week, I guess I don't v much to do but wat do u advice, my yellow fever is 3 years old, wat other bottlenecks shld I expect and how do I tackle it, also how long will it take and where do u advice I apply lag or abj?

Thanks for ur time once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
HankVoight:
Evening,
1. Please in respect to flights booking; do I need to pay for the flight before I submit my visa application? If No, am I to pay for the same flight reservation I submitted to the embassy which has a 72 hour reservation holding since i choose the 'pay later' option OR can i move on and pay for another flight on a later day?
2. how much is the visa processing fee for study permits; is it 8,600 or 18,000?
3. Do I need to photocopy my vaccination card?

Thank you for your help.
No u only need a flight booking. And study permit fee is N8600. You need a photocopy of both the back and inside of the yellow card

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
larion:

Oh yes, I guess I was bin worried for nothing, I just checked wen u asked, d initial 3 months is 11.2 visa according to wat he sent. Just saw that now.

I did a Google on it, 11.2 is a visit visa with permission to work, so I guess they r on track and I was d ignorant one over d issue

They shld be sending everything this week, I guess I don't v much to do but wat do u advice, my yellow fever is 3 years old, wat other bottlenecks shld I expect and how do I tackle it, also how long will it take and where do u advice I apply lag or abj?

Thanks for ur time once again.
.apply anywhere with the right documents. I prefer Lagos based on my personal reasons .Your yellow fever has expired and too old Get the new card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.