Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726510 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 6:20pm On May 18, 2015
sultan003:

Yep, I dey stay melville 4th avenue before spar, but in cape town now, will go back melville first week of june.
you dey stay melville too?

Whao, great to know a comrade live close by. I dey stay for Auckland park close to UJ Sophia town residence. When you are back, I go make plan to meet with you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 6:48pm On May 18, 2015
elume2020:

Whao, great to know a comrade live close by. I dey stay for Auckland park close to UJ Sophia town residence. When you are back, I go make plan to meet with you.

No wahala. I will send you a pm when I get to melville...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 2:32am On May 19, 2015
samtol4:
It depends on which permit/visa you are holding.For visiting visa hotel reservation,yellow fever and visa are checked .
^^^Study Permit @samtol4...?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nysot(f): 9:30am On May 19, 2015
Hello guys,please your help is urgently needed.I have a valid SA visiting visa (3months) that will expire next week Monday,25th but I have not been able to travel due to my tight schedule. I plan to travel tomorrow or on Thursday and come back on Saturday or Sunday. Please I will like to know if I will not have any problems with immigration and also which of the days (Saturday or Sunday) will it be appropriate to come back to avoid unnecessary issues? Please your responses will go a long way,as I plan buying my ticket today and paying for hotel. Thank you
cc: samtol4
yinksob002
justwise
& others
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 9:56am On May 19, 2015
Hello anyone, please who knows where i can certify my documents in lagos, Nigeria? Specify answer pls?
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nysot(f): 10:02am On May 19, 2015
samtol4:
It depends on which permit/visa you are holding.For visiting visa hotel reservation,yellow fever and visa are checked .
Hello guys,please your help is urgently needed.I have a valid SA visiting visa (3months) that will expire next week Monday,25th but I have not been able to travel due to my tight schedule. I plan to travel tomorrow or on Thursday and come back on Saturday or Sunday. Please I will like to know if I will not have any problems with immigration and also which of the days (Saturday or Sunday) will it be appropriate to come back to avoid unnecessary issues? Please your responses will go a long way,as I plan buying my ticket today and paying for hotel. Thank you
yinksob002
justwise
& others
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2015
yinchar:

^^^Study Permit @samtol4...?
Most times at POE study permit holders are not interrogated compare to visiting visa holder.He or she can hold proof of residence along side yellow fever card .Most times they don't ask for proof of residence
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nysot(f): 10:24am On May 19, 2015
@samtol4,please respond to my post above. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2015
nysot:

yinksob002
justwise
& others
You can leave SA on Sunday(24th) .Just be bold and smart because of Nigerian immigration officers who will like to milk you .At point of entry in SA if they ask why you traveling few days to visa expiration ,just tell the officer that you were busy in office or business(if you have idcard please hold it along with yellow fever card) .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nysot(f): 10:34am On May 19, 2015
samtol4:
You can leave SA on Sunday(24th) .Just be bold and smart because of Nigerian immigration officers who will like to milk you .At point of entry in SA if they ask why you traveling few days to visa expiration ,just tell the officer that you were busy in office or business(if you have idcard please hold it along with yellow fever card) .
Ok bro,I don't have an Id card oo,but I have a yellow fever card.I have my personal business,can I go with the photocopies of my company papers I submitted when I applied because of id card issue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirhedath(f): 12:00am On May 20, 2015
Please peeps in SA, I need the names of standard culinary/ cake baking and arts school in South Africa. God bless..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:42am On May 20, 2015
sirhedath:
Please peeps in SA, I need the names of standard culinary/ cake baking and arts school in South Africa. God bless..
Google and you will amazed with list of standard schools .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:07am On May 20, 2015
Its fine. Just go with any supporting business document that you have and be bold enough to respond to any question you are asked. You might even be lucky not to be interrogated at all cos SA immigration officials are unpredictable at times. I had a personal experience in Jan 2013 when i visited SA with just 10 days to visa expiration.
In addition, ensure you hold and show them your paid hotel booking confirmation which shows that you are just spending few days and i believe you won't have problems. All the best.
nysot:

Ok bro,I don't have an Id card oo,but I have a yellow fever card.I have my personal business,can I go with the photocopies of my company papers I submitted when I applied because of id card issue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:16am On May 20, 2015
You can try d high court in Igbosere, Lagos Island or the one at Ikeja. There are notary public agents around there.
callysea:
Hello anyone, please who knows where i can certify my documents in lagos, Nigeria? Specify answer pls?
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nysot(f): 9:09am On May 20, 2015
@yinksob002,thanks for your response. I will update you guys as it goes. Really appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olanikemercy: 2:41am On May 22, 2015
Pls peeps in the house, if one is denied a relative visa saying wrong application can someone apply for a visiting visa immediately. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 3:31pm On May 22, 2015
Of course you can, provided the reason for denial is wrong application. All the best
olanikemercy:
Pls peeps in the house, if one is denied a relative visa saying wrong application can someone apply for a visiting visa immediately. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olanikemercy: 4:10pm On May 22, 2015
yinksob002:
Of course you can, provided the reason for denial is wrong application. All the best
Thanks alot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 9:09pm On May 22, 2015
Hello house. I got my Critical Skills Visa today. Many thanks to the gurus in the house who helped out on d occasions that I was stuck n needed some guidance. It was all a DIY thing from start to finish. Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heavenskno: 10:34pm On May 22, 2015
Hello house, I really need much advice regarding the following;

I have a business permit in South Africa, first one was issued in 2009 and expired in 2012, I renewed and got another to expire in 2018. My problem is, I have a fiancee and a son back in Nigeria and I want to look for a way to get them to South Africa. I am thinking if I invite them to come using a visitors visa, the new law says they will have to go back to Nigeria to get a permit (from what I understand but not sure about). My woman and I are having plans to get married once she's in South Africa as we have been in a relationship for around 5 and a half years and our son will be turning 4 in October. She also has plans to continue her education at Unisa, she's a student of Yabatech and is having her HND2. I am confused as to which of the visas or permits I should apply for them both and will need the help of you guys on the best option and how to go about it. Also if its possible to get forms as well too. A quick response will be highly appreciated as I am in Nigeria presently and would want to apply for them before I return to SA. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:15am On May 23, 2015
pyr8te:
Hello house. I got my Critical Skills Visa today. Many thanks to the gurus in the house who helped out on d occasions that I was stuck n needed some guidance. It was all a DIY thing from start to finish. Thanks all
congrats bros. sir please list all documents submitted for your critical skills work permit. where did u submitted Lagos or abuja and how many weeks?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 8:25am On May 23, 2015
hello house, please help me with some questions.

-My cousin applied for a visiting visa and yesterday (after 3 weeks), he was informed that the application is processed and ready for collection. The issue is that my cousin is not in Lagos for the collection. my question is, can my aunt (she has all the documents and application receipt) collect the visa on his behalf?.

-During the visa processing period, the SA Host (who sent the invitation letter) was not called for any verification... is it normal, or does it mean the visa was denied?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2015
moneyhungry:
hello house, please help me with some questions.

-My cousin applied for a visiting visa and yesterday (after 3 weeks), he was informed that the application is processed and ready for collection. The issue is that my cousin is not in Lagos for the collection. my question is, can my aunt (she has all the documents and application receipt) collect the visa on his behalf?.

-During the visa processing period, the SA Host (who sent the invitation letter) was not called for any verification... is it normal, or does it mean the visa was denied?.
YES the aunt can collect it although security men may want to question her .It is not on every occasion they call host to verify in fact on rare occasion this has nothing to do with visa approval or rejection
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 10:27am On May 23, 2015
samtol4:
YES the aunt can collect it although security men may want to question her .It is not on every occasion they call host to verify in fact on rare occasion this has nothing to do with visa approval or rejection
thanks bro. i'll update the house on the outcome.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heavenskno: 12:22pm On May 23, 2015
Please people, I need your advice on this, please
heavenskno:
Hello house, I really need much advice regarding the following;

I have a business permit in South Africa, first one was issued in 2009 and expired in 2012, I renewed and got another to expire in 2018. My problem is, I have a fiancee and a son back in Nigeria and I want to look for a way to get them to South Africa. I am thinking if I invite them to come using a visitors visa, the new law says they will have to go back to Nigeria to get a permit (from what I understand but not sure about). My woman and I are having plans to get married once she's in South Africa as we have been in a relationship for around 5 and a half years and our son will be turning 4 in October. She also has plans to continue her education at Unisa, she's a student of Yabatech and is having her HND2. I am confused as to which of the visas or permits I should apply for them both and will need the help of you guys on the best option and how to go about it. Also if its possible to get forms as well too. A quick response will be highly appreciated as I am in Nigeria presently and would want to apply for them before I return to SA. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=heavenskno post=34021409]Please people, I need your advice on this, please [/quote since you have Business permit she can apply for accompany visa or study permit .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heavenskno: 5:43pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=samtol4 post=34027619][/quote]

The accompany visa is it the same as the normal forms that one fills out for visiting? And also what about my son, does he fill the same form as well or if there is any other form that they need to fill. Can you send me a link of the forms so I can print it out? Thanks for your response....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 5:04pm On May 24, 2015
Please a friend of mine wants to bring his girlfriend from South African to Nigeria n she said this girl will stay here with her permanently here so he wants to known how to get a visa for her, without paying reparation fee. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2015
hello house.
please i'd like to know how many days the VFS center waits before forwarding uncollected passports to the embassy.
my cousin was informed on saturday that his passport is ready for collection but he will be going to collect it on wednesday (cuz he will be travelling from the east)... so i just wanna know if it wont be too late.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrydadon(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2015
hello house..i applied for a visiting visa since the 4th of this month and still no word from dem..am told it take two to three weeks nd we r now in d fourth week
..am starting to get worried bcus this z the first time am applying for a visa to sa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:44pm On May 25, 2015
it takes 30 days. So your cousin can still go and pick it up.
moneyhungry:
hello house.
please i'd like to know how many days the VFS center waits before forwarding uncollected passports to the embassy.
my cousin was informed on saturday that his passport is ready for collection but he will be going to collect it on wednesday (cuz he will be travelling from the east)... so i just wanna know if it wont be too late.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:46pm On May 25, 2015
There is no reason to get worried cos sometimes it takes longer than anticipated moreso being a first time applicant. Just relax, they will get back to you anytime soon.
henrydadon:
hello house..i applied for a visiting visa since the 4th of this month and still no word from dem..am told it take two to three weeks nd we r now in d fourth week
..am starting to get worried bcus this z the first time am applying for a visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.