Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726688 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=Moana post=36248101] all areas have majority South Africans so what are you talking about?[/quote/]
Never live in locations
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shine1177:
To our brothers and sisters in South Africa, please let us be careful when walking alone on the street, especially in the night. Today, after our Mid-week Communion Service at about 7:45pm I was attacked by three (3) street boys few metres from church. They initially begged me for money which i decline, the next thing, one of them drag my shirt and brought out a knife to stab me while he spoke Zulu to the rest to search me. I pushed him off and started barking at them, so they took off. There was no loss of property nor harm on me. I thank God.

This is the second attack since i came here. Durban to be precise. Few months ago, I went to withdraw at Standard bank ATM in front of my campus where I fell to card swap scam (i don't know how), something that I never experience all my life in Nigeria. I lost R1700 in that incident, it was later I learnt that those devils prowl at all ATM with less traffic. After that incidence, some Nigerians started telling stories of how they lost money, some R4000 etc. at the same machine to those bad boys. If they had shared their experiences before, I wouldn't have fall a victim. I hope this will guide a brother or sister out there.

it is risky to fight these guys while they are trying to mug you, they can kill and won't think twice..... once it is 7pm i don't think it is safe to walk alone in some places
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
yinksob002:
Any amount from 450k upwards will be fine. However, it is equally important to ensure that your account has a good turnover too (i.e Funds come in and go out). For a visitors visa, you need the following docs:

1) International passport
2) Completed visa application form with two passport photographs (White background)
3) Yellow card
4) Letter of Introduction from employer or Self letter of introduction if you are self employed
5) Bank Statement
6) Pay slips
7) Valid hotel booking
cool Flight reservation
9) Visa application fees
10)Copy of work ID card
You can also include any other supporting documents you have (if any) to boost your chances. All the best.

apart from cash flow, the minimum required is R3000 or its equivalent in naira.... 450k is over the top

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2015
sultan003:

it is risky to fight these guys while they are trying to mug you, they can kill and won't think twice..... once it is 7pm i don't think it is safe to walk alone in some places
Yes. It was God that saved me not by my power.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pastortim4all: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dear Fellow Nairalanders,
I wish to apply for South Africa Visa for my end of the year vacation.
Firstly, must i include PAID HOTEL with my application OR Can ordinary hotel reservation be enough? Secondly where in Abuja can i get a valid Yellow card?

I will appreciate your candid advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
pastortim4all:
Dear Fellow Nairalanders,
I wish to apply for South Africa Visa for my end of the year vacation.
Firstly, must i include PAID HOTEL with my application OR Can ordinary hotel reservation be enough? Secondly where in Abuja can i get a valid Yellow card?

I will appreciate your candid advise.

Hotel booking must be verifiable, and it so happens that some form of commitment is required for your booking to be verified by your host - usually just a small payment upfront i.e. if you book for 10 nights you can make deposit for first two nights and then the hotel will be committed to verify your accommodation plans.

Try Ministry of Health at Federal Secretariat for Yellow Card.

In other news, this one wey pastor join for yua name, no go there go form business church to suck their females breasts o... hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pastortim4all: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks for your advice.

Please which verifiable hotel in south Africa accepts deposit for one or two nights?

I know of intercontinental hotel, they have only option of making full payment or pay on arrival.

I will appreciate your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
pastortim4all:
Thanks for your advice.

Please which verifiable hotel in south Africa accepts deposit for one or two nights?

I know of intercontinental hotel, they have only option of making full payment or pay on arrival.

I will appreciate your response.

Yaa I really don't know any. I do know though that if you'll invest just a short time Google-ing for your specific preferences, you're more than likely to come up with options.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 5:54am On Nov 07, 2015
Please, has anyone been to the SA embassy in Lagos for study visa this November? I want to know when to go there for my own. Is it still Tuesdays only? Or have there been any change?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2015
please I am new to this thread I want to know if it's too late to pursue visa now as am yet to get my evaluation certificate from SAQA and without the certificate my admission is not complete
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Please I wanna know if there's anyone here who applied for a visit visa to SA last month. A friend of mine applied since early october and still no word from the embassy.
I just wanna know if its a general delay or if it just my friend's application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello, she can apply for visa in South Africa if the husband has a valid permit. She can apply for accompany spouse permit provided her husband have not married someone else here in SA. Nevertheless she can go back to Nigeria to apply if she wishes. I applied for my wife here in SA.
opjb:
Again please house a friend is currently in south africa with her husband the husband has work permit 5 years which he got in south africa he is doing personal business buying of accident car repairing and reselling it..now the wife is in SA on visit visa and she is willing to stay with the hubby in which she was told no more getting a permit in SA again that she should go and do her permit from Nigeria please what is her hope if she goes back home?secondly if she go for the permit in lagos how many weeks will it take her because she really want to do xmas with her hubby in SA and lastly if she get to the embassy in Nigeria can she get help to help her quicken the process because I learnt south Africa permit is difficult now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
opjb:
Yea tnx so much my brother..but the issue is she is still in SA with the husband and she said all the immigration officerss they are approaching said their new rules states that any permit they want to do now should be from the applicant home country..and she is planning of leaving the republic before the due date on her passport so that she won't overstay..please how can you be of help to her?sshe really needs it if you can refer her to anybody over there to help them through it will safe her the stress of going to Nija because the husband said he wants her to do xmas there..they have no child yet still praying for one..tnx any help will be appreciated

You seem more worried about this matter than either your imaginary friend or his wife.

If this so called 'friend' obtained a valid work permit, then it's gotta take some mind-blowing degree of ignorance for him to claim not being privy to the information and processes involved in having his wife join him.

To be clear, not every country supports cutting corners like Nigeria. So do not be deluded into assuming that any connection whatsoever will facilitate overriding the due processes involved in getting SA visa of whatever category.

So, as unbelievable as your narration seems, the only way is to just zero your mind so that your 'friend' can zero his mind so that the wifey can zero her mind and knack back out to Nigeria and be comfortable with following the rules for once.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Techibility: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please I will like to ask, for a graphic designer relocating to SA, is there much hope for such person? Since I learnt hand work sells well there, though the said person is a university graduate and he did fine and applied art in school. Now majoring in graphic design, does his skill sell there?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Please anyone here studying at Cape pennisula university of technology?I was offered a place for B.Tech in Agiculture at wellington campus,please I need urgent help in regards to accomodation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
brainbucks:

You seem more worried about this matter than either your imaginary friend or his wife.

If this so called 'friend' obtained a valid work permit, then it's gotta take some mind-blowing degree of ignorance for him to claim not being privy to the information and processes involved in having his wife join him.

To be clear, not every country supports cutting corners like Nigeria. So do not be deluded into assuming that any connection whatsoever will facilitate overriding the due processes involved in getting SA visa of whatever category.

So, as unbelievable as your narration seems, the only way is to just zero your mind so that your 'friend' can zero his mind so that the wifey can zero her mind and knack back out to Nigeria and be comfortable with following the rules for once.

Classic!! grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oyimaliski: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Please I need clarification.
I have gotten SA visa and due to travel soon.

Please at the entry point... Will my reservation which is booked with my card and on basis of pay ON ARRIVAL via booking .com

Please hope this is acceptable?? Hope this won't make them turn me back even when I have PTA to even back up

Please help advise. Those who recently travelled to SA or have the knowledge
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by webmaster3: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2015
I applied for SA VISA on Monday 2nd November 2015 and got SMS that my documents has been sent to SA embassy in Nigeria on that same day. Now I was told it usually takes 5 -6 working days. I have a training to attend for 1 week which starts on the 15th Nov 2015.

Now my predicament is that I have tracked my visa application and its still with the Embassy, this is getting to be over 8 working days. Is there anything I can do to fast track this as I do not want to miss the training .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tetwa2: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
@ofon, i can be of help to look for accommodation for you in cape town, as i reside here

Can anyone be of help in getting police character report for me in Nigeria? and bring it along with you when traveling?

anyone traveling soon?

thanks and God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
brainbucks:

You response was harsh.
To be clear, south africa may not be as corrupt as nigeria but corruption is well and kicking here. People do 'cut corners' everywhere.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
moneyhungry:

You response was harsh.
To be clear, south africa may not be as corrupt as nigeria but corruption is well and kicking here. People do 'cut corners' everywhere.

I'm sorry if I'm not exactly Mr. Nice Guy.

Change has come. We are fed up with dishonesty and cutting corners here on home ground. So pardon me if I get ruthless with any perceived attempt to perpetuate the exportation of our reputation of corruption.

Change has come!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
tetwa2:
@ofon, i can be of help to look for accommodation for you in cape town, as i reside here

Can anyone be of help in getting police character report for me in Nigeria? and bring it along with you when traveling?

anyone traveling soon?

thanks and God bless
sorry bro,am presently in Johannesburg,I need accomodation letter to apply for change of condtion in my current study permit,can u help out?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
which hotel did you use for your booking and how much did you pay? all how did you do your hotel booking?
congenial:
Hello All,
I came across this thread some weeks back, went through every details and proceeded to apply for a visitors visa. I applied on the 15th and by 22nd my application was ready for collection.
It came out successful.
My family is requesting my younger brother goes with me. The challenge now is how do I proceed with his application? He is a 300l undergraduate student.
I used my account of about 600k in applying.
Can I still use that same account, will my parents account work for him, will I need a new hotel reservation?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
i want help on how to pay for a verifiable airline ticket without paying down.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
moneyhungry:
Please I wanna know if there's anyone here who applied for a visit visa to SA last month. A friend of mine applied since early october and still no word from the embassy.
I just wanna know if its a general delay or if it just my friend's application.
Yes sir My inlaw applied late October and got 3months visa yesterday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
samtol4:
Yes sir My inlaw applied late October and got 3months visa yesterday
The person in question actually called to inform me that he got his visa today (he applied early october).
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
brainbucks:

I'm sorry if I'm not exactly Mr. Nice Guy.

Change has come. We are fed up with dishonesty and cutting corners here on home ground. So pardon me if I get ruthless with any perceived attempt to perpetuate the exportation of our reputation of corruption.

Change has come!
I get ur point bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.