Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726777 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
please does the embassy receive printed copy of the south african police clearance, i was sent back today cz i dint have on and so far the clearance hasnt bn posted yet. but if i can get it befoe next week tuesday, can i get it scaned n printed? would it be accpeted? please anyone tht knows should please reply. its urgent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sugarvallly(f): 12:33am On Feb 03, 2016
eben1991:

Good Morning, Am a serving corp member too and i want to know which uni you are applying too and when is your resumption date. Thnks.

sorry for the late response. I ddnt apply to any school,just going there for visit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 12:47am On Feb 03, 2016
yansky:
please does the embassy receive printed copy of the south african police clearance, i was sent back today cz i dint have on and so far the clearance hasnt bn posted yet. but if i can get it befoe next week tuesday, can i get it scaned n printed? would it be accpeted? please anyone tht knows should please reply. its urgent

it wont cost you much to obtain police report at Ikoyi Alagbon... it just 5000naira..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 1:18am On Feb 03, 2016
I am trying to book flight to travel to SA. I see some flight having stop overs, some of which may last up to 12hrs. Please where will the passenger be during this long hours of waiting? What will he/she be doing doing during the long wait?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:21am On Feb 03, 2016
yansky:
Just tell someone to send it via DHL it cost just R280 rands to send
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:27am On Feb 03, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
This thing is simple. I applied for 5 days single entry on Wednesday 27th of January and by evening Friday 29th I received a text message for collection. I went for pickup today and was given 3 months multiple.
I used protea hotel midrand for hotel reservation and no deposit was required. You get confirmation number in your mail. I reserved flight with SAA. As for funds,what matters most is your account cash flows. I submitted salary account and non-salary account statements with periodic and moderate cash flows. Letter of intro from office, office id card, self introduction letter (very important), yellow card and application form.
People should avoid all those tout agents. One even boasted to me I would never be given visa because South Africa visa is runs. He wanted to collect 150k.
You guys out there can do it yourself. Nothing special about visa from any country. Just prep yourself wella and give the embassy what they require, then you are good to go. Chikena.

Please pay for your hotel before leaving Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Could you please send your copy of self introduction letter here. Besides which embassy did you apply ? Thanks
staggerlee:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Could you please send your copy of self introduction letter here. Besides which embassy did you apply lagos or abuja? Thanks
staggerlee:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2016
staggerlee:

Yeah, sure I will. I'm staying in the hotel throughout my stay in the republic. I'm going skydiving! grin

Thanks man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 11:30am On Feb 03, 2016
drobadebayo:

Please boss,can u help me with this;
I intend to write a 1 day exam in S.A in march because lagos spots are already filled up and I don't wanna wait another 7months to write the exam(when spots will be open in Lagos).Can i get help on how to go about it.
I ll like to know d visa fee and process,how long it takes,cost of accommodation for about 4/5 days,flight cost and the likes.
Thanks
Oga,I don't know about exams taking in the republic. I myself thinking of writing a prometric exam in d republic, though I have list of vue prometric centers in Joburg.

I paid 21k visa fee

Process involved filling the application form and submitted along with requirements at vfs Lekki phase 1, Lagos,

Hotel, a total of about 78kfor 5 nights.

Flight via SAA about 132k

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2016
roblance:

gbaski bro, na so one agent say make I pay 170k. applying soon.
Don't mind any agent. You can do it yourself with peace of mind. Provide required documents and write a nice and convincing self-intoductory letter.

I couldn't believe my visa was ready in three working days..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2016
Abbymaytech:
Could you please send your copy of self introduction letter here. Besides which embassy did you apply lagos or abuja? Thanks

Am a permanent resident of SA, I don't use visas anymore boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2016
Abbymaytech:
Could you please send your copy of self introduction letter here. Besides which embassy did you apply ? Thanks
If you meant to quote me, then in regards to your query I will respond.

The self introduction letter was tailored to my personality. I stated my passport number, my job, position, where I would stay in SA, number of days to spend, hotel confirmation number, tourist places I would be visiting (like Nelson Mandela Square, Cultural precinct etc) and assurance of NOT overstaying in the republic..

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2016
staggerlee:

I think he meant to quote me..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Don't mind any agent. You can do it yourself with peace of mind. Provide required documents and write a nice and convincing self-intoductory letter.

I couldn't believe my visa was ready in three working days..

thanks boss. one other thing, about passport photographs, na 35mmx45mm, 50mm x 50mm dm fot print o. I couldnt find 45mmx45mm thats on the checklist. whi choose one should I go for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Greetings great people of this thread. Do I need to make photocopies of my yellow card for submission or it is merely for sighting? Also I want to ask is there is a closing date for study permit application- I was told there is a deadline- though the person talked about the deadline being for Masters applications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=OgaTheTop2 post=42578597]Oga,I don't know about exams taking in the republic. I myself thinking of writing a prometric exam in d republic, though I have list of vue prometric centers in Joburg.

I paid 21k visa fee

Process involved filling the application form and submitted along with requirements at vfs Lekki phase 1, Lagos,

Hotel, a total of about 78kfor 5 nights.

Flight via SAA about 132k

Cheers

Flight via SAA about 132K. Sorry can that be real? By the way it depends on where one is going. I'm going to cape town and the least i'v got for d SAA flight was around 320K plus. Kenyan airline was around 170K while Ethiopian airways was the least at 96k. Anybody wit idea of a cheap flight and d booking procedures. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
stevetop:
Greetings great people of this thread. Do I need to make photocopies of my yellow card for submission or it is merely for sighting? Also I want to ask is there is a closing date for study permit application- I was told there is a deadline- though the person talked about the deadline being for Masters applications.

Oga please make photocopy of external and data page (showing medications etc). Take original along for sighting
There is closing dates for Study Permit with the exception of PhD Studies.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=meagainstdem post=42582074][/quote]

Return flight to Cape Town for one passenger is N170K, please check again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=meagainstdem post=42582074][/quote]Book directly with the airline.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
roblance:

thanks boss. one other thing, about passport photographs, na 35mmx45mm, 50mm x 50mm dm fot print o. I couldnt find 45mmx45mm thats on the checklist. whi choose one should I go for?
I don't know the measurement but I requested the photographer to make me visa digital passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=42585226]

Return flight to Cape Town for one passenger is N170K, please check again.

Which airline are u referring to? By the way, all the prices I quoted were one way.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=meagainstdem post=42590398][/quote]
SAA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
Keneking:

SAA

Haa, maybe i'v been navigating tru wrong SAA site. I went to flysaa.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
meagainstdem:

Haa, maybe i'v been navigating tru wrong SAA site. I went to flysaa.com

DIY
$801 return tkt
Buy Vuvuzela when you are returning
Buy Ajax Cape Town jersey original not Aba made oh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Keneking:

DIY
$801 return tkt
Buy Vuvuzela when you are returning
Buy Ajax Cape Town jersey original not Aba made oh

Yes I saw $801 but i used #300 to a dollar to exchange it and it skyrocketed. Maybe that's where I'm getting it wrong
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
meagainstdem:

Yes I saw $801 but i used #300 to a dollar to exchange it and it skyrocketed. Maybe that's where I'm getting it wrong

Use 200naira visit an agency
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hello house,

How can one apply for a South Africa relative permit? Is the process going to be initiated from SA or is it going to be completely done in Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 12:28am On Feb 04, 2016
tweb1:
I am trying to book flight to travel to SA. I see some flight having stop overs, some of which may last up to 12hrs. Please where will the passenger be during this long hours of waiting? What will he/she be doing doing during the long wait?

Please somebody should help answer this question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2016
good day all, please can I work with a student permit in SA and what are the documents I needed to submit at the embassy here in naija?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mmo1: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2016
Good morning house, please I need your professional contribution on my family tourist visa to South Africa. I would like to visit South Africa for 5 days with my family (my wife and 3 years old son) to celebrate my Birthday in April.
1 How would I package the 3 applications (my wife, my son and myself) will I package it individually, group or family package?
2 My wife is a student and gospel musician what are the documents she will submit at vfs?
3 I will be the sponsor of the whole trip but can my wife also include her own bank statement in the documents to be submitted at the vfs she has a closing balance of about N600,000
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
staggerlee:

Boss please I'm in a fix right now. I can't find the mail from the police station for my clearance. Please can something else can be done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.