Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,859 members, 7,798,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1721177 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
1. Please has the ban been lifted on ATM withdrawal in the Rebulic using Naira Master card?
Can we now withdraw from south africa atm with our Nigeria cards?

2. Please I want to know if it is good for me to convert my naira to dollar here in Nigeria and latter change it from dollar to rand when i get to the republic.

3. And what is the maximum rand some one can carry along when travelling that the law enforcement will allow?

I need your view on it..... Thanks..

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Diamond1960:
1. Please has the ban been lifted on ATM withdrawal in the Rebulic using Naira Master card?

2. Please I want to know if it is good for me to convert my naira to dollar here in Nigeria and latter change it from dollar to rand when i get to the republic.

3. And what is the maximum rand some one can carry along when travelling that the law enforcement will allow?

Your Master Card still work in SA but for some banks you have to enable your card for international use so u can check with your bank if you have to enable ur card

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
yansky:

Boss please I'm in a fix right now. I can't find the mail from the police station for my clearance. Please can something else can be done?
What police clearance, SAPS clearance or Naija's police clearance? What mail? Pls elaborate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
mmo1:
Good morning house, please I need your professional contribution on my family tourist visa to South Africa. I would like to visit South Africa for 5 days with my family (my wife and 3 years old son) to celebrate my Birthday in April.
1 How would I package the 3 applications (my wife, my son and myself) will I package it individually, group or family package?
2 My wife is a student and gospel musician what are the documents she will submit at vfs?
3 I will be the sponsor of the whole trip but can my wife also include her own bank statement in the documents to be submitted at the vfs she has a closing balance of about N600,000
Thank you.
Bros it is 3 applications, plus 3 application fees but since you are sponsoring the trip make copies of ur bank statements and attach it to ur wife's and child's application and also write a letter indicating u will be responsible for the trip. At vfs insist all applications should be in the same bag. Your wife can add her statements no biggie. Every other document will be 3, each per applicant
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
Diamond1960:

1. I just returned from RSA on 3rd February and I could not use my GTBank Naira Mastercard to make cash withdrawals and when I called the bank, they said all ATM cash transactions are blocked within Africa for all GTBank cards. However, I was able to use it across POS for payments.

2. Remember that you lose some money to BDC every time to make currency conversion. I always prefer a maximum of one currency conversion. The BDC on your extreme right at MMIA changes Naira to Rands (1 Rand = N20 last time I checked).

3. You are allowed up to $5,000 or equivalent as BTA or $4,000 or equivalent as PTA. R 50,000 is the limit for SA.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OlowoB(m): 1:53am On Feb 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:

1. I just returned from RSA on 3rd February and I could not use my GTBank Naira Mastercard to make cash withdrawals and when I called the bank, they said all ATM cash transactions are blocked within Africa for all GTBank cards. However, I was able to use it across POS for payments.

2. Remember that you lose some money to BDC every time to make currency conversion. I always prefer a maximum of one currency conversion. The BDC on your extreme right at MMIA changes Naira to Rands (1 Rand = N20 last time I checked).

3. You are allowed up to $5,000 or equivalent as BTA or $4,000 or equivalent as PTA. R 50,000 is the limit for SA.

Hello sir,

Please i have been trying to get in touch with you as regards uber cars and been a partner. I need some information from you and i have tried reaching you through the nairaland pm but i have not gotten any reply yet.

Please is it ok you get in touch with me on my email address olemmyolowo@yahoo.com or alternatively i can contact you if you can leave your email address. (will really do appreciate it if you can)

cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:07am On Feb 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:

I know for sure you can withdraw with Ecobank cards and Access bank
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 7:54am On Feb 05, 2016
staggerlee:

What police clearance, SAPS clearance or Naija's police clearance? What mail? Pls elaborate
bb

SAPS clearance. Checked on their site and it says finalized and posted since dec 11 2015. So far nothing has come through in my po box in school and I need it urgently. And I don't register the post too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:
bb

SAPS clearance. Checked on their site and it says finalized and posted since dec 11 2015. So far nothing has come through in my po box in school and I need it urgently. And I don't register the post too
Are u in SA or Naija presrntly?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
staggerlee:

Are u in SA or Naija presrntly?

I am in Nigeria atm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zico70: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Pls,is someone going to apply for voluntary work visa through the vfs or the embassy directly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Please can I go to abj from Lagos to apply for my study visa and how long does it?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:

I am in Nigeria atm
Post can take forever most especially if its out of SA, best thing to do get someone to go to SAPS Pretoria and he can get a reprint @ R96 and he couriers it to u in naija otherwise you could wait forever
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
staggerlee:

Post can take forever most especially if its out of SA, best thing to do get someone to go to SAPS Pretoria and he can get a reprint @ R96 and he couriers it to u in naija otherwise you could wait forever

Thanks a lot. Please if the person goes on Monday can they get it ok Monday and post it that day and would it get to me before Wednesday. I wish to go to abujas embassy on Wednesday since Lagos is Tuesday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:

Thanks a lot. Please if the person goes on Monday can they get it ok Monday and post it that day and would it get to me before Wednesday. I wish to go to abujas embassy on Wednesday since Lagos is Tuesday
They open 24 hours so he can go on saturday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
staggerlee:

They open 24 hours so he can go on saturday

That's the problem I know no one there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:
Please can I go to abj from Lagos to apply for my study visa and how long does it?!

Yes you can go; it took me 10 working days to get mine in Lagos. Gbam.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:

That is hard!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Diamond1960:

Yes you can go; it took me 10 working days to get mine in Lagos. Gbam.....

Is it the same time with Abuja please?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:

That is hard! Where did they tell u to post it to? PM me let's see how we can get a solution
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
staggerlee:

That is hard!

If I've seen someone now. Please long would it take?! That same day to get it?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
yansky:

my brother. please apply in Lagos. Abuja will ask you to come back in 6 weeks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by feoland: 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hello House,

I am about to apply for a study visa and will like to know if the application will be done at VFS or at the South African embassy? Secondly, will it be required that a repatriation fee be paid? if yes? How much will be paid?

Thank you in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 3:54am On Feb 06, 2016
feoland:
Hello House,

I am about to apply for a study visa and will like to know if the application will be done at VFS or at the South African embassy? Secondly, will it be required that a repatriation fee be paid? if yes? How much will be paid?

Thank you in advance

1. South African Embassy attends to study Visa and not VSF; kindly go to south African embassy.
2. Repatriation fee is not required
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elijah101(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
please house help

Febuary 10, 2016

South Africa High Comission
24 Molade Okoya Thomas Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria.

Application for South Africa Visitor's Visa

Dear Sir / Madam;

I submitted my document for visiting visa .... i did like to know if the dear sir/ma comes before the heading but i submitted otherwise

does it matter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
elijah101:
please house help

Febuary 10, 2016

Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria.

Dear Sir / Madam;

I submitted my document for visiting visa .... i did like to know if the dear sir/ma comes before the heading but i submitted otherwise

does it matter

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
elijah101:
please house help

Febuary 10, 2016

Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria.

Dear Sir / Madam;

does it matter

Don't worry bro, it does not matter, it's the content of the letter that is important to them.... But for learning sake, the salutation comes before the heading and the heading has to be in block letters if you don't underline. But don't bother yourself about that. Its fine the way you submitted it. Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
hello everyone. good evening.

pls I want to apply for a student visa, however still waiting for an online Skype session with my intended supervisor before we can conclude and begin the admission process. this should be sorted out in a couple of weeks.

however, I'm hearing that the embassy stops issuing student visa at a particular time during the year, who has an idea about this?

I am hopeful that I will b able to apply at d embassy latest by March. Anyways, I just need clarification regarding d visa application.

the school I'm applying to has resumed, but because I'm applying for a research program, my intending supervisor told me I can come in anytime within the academic session.

pls I really need clarifications as I don't wanna be denied the visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Am submitting my visitors visa application docs on Monday Morning, is it best to do the hotel and flight reservation tmr? i have one already which i did this morning but thinking i should do another.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
geekybabe:
hello everyone. good evening.

pls I want to apply for a student visa, however still waiting for an online Skype session with my intended supervisor before we can conclude and begin the admission process. this should be sorted out in a couple of weeks.

however, I'm hearing that the embassy stops issuing student visa at a particular time during the year, who has an idea about this?

I am hopeful that I will b able to apply at d embassy latest by March. Anyways, I just need clarification regarding d visa application.

the school I'm applying to has resumed, but because I'm applying for a research program, my intending supervisor told me I can come in anytime within the academic session.

pls I really need clarifications as I don't wanna be denied the visa.

There is a closing date for study permit (temporary residence permit) for undergrad and Masters. However,PhD study visa application is processed any time of the year.

What is the nature of study which you plan to undertake?

I propose you conduct that interview and get accepted for the programme. What institution are you seeking admission?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:23am On Feb 07, 2016
Dont kill yourself because you want to come to SA, Dont fly from Lagos to Abuja just because you want to submit a visa application. SA isnt a bed of roses. what we saw 4 to 5 years ago that made us stick to SA is not what we are seeing now

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 6:06am On Feb 07, 2016
Keneking:

There is a closing date for study permit (temporary residence permit) for undergrad and Masters. However,PhD study visa application is processed any time of the year.

What is the nature of study which you plan to undertake?

I propose you conduct that interview and get accepted for the programme. What institution are you seeking admission?

thanks for the reply. I'm seeking admission at Wits. and its an Msc program. pls when is the closing date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Dikegodspower(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.