Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726131 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by max1981(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2016
Hello House, I applied for visiting visa to South Africa on Tuesday and I got a message to come and pick up my passport 3 days after. What's going on? Have I been refused? What do you think guys? Coz am scared.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 1:34am On May 07, 2016
max1981:
Hello House, I applied for visiting visa to South Africa on Tuesday and I got a message to come and pick up my passport 3 days after. What's going on? Have I been refused? What do you think guys? Coz am scared.

Don't be scared! This isn't the peak period for visa applications as the embassy is not treating study visa till June - so it might just be that only a few people applied. Hope for the best, provided you supplied all the required docs and they are all genuine. Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by max1981(m): 2:31am On May 07, 2016
Huh,... OK O. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damtha(f): 7:51am On May 07, 2016
max1981:
Huh,... OK O. Thank you.
Hi. I'm considering applying next week. How can I locate the VFS centre from ikeja bus stop?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by max1981(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2016
This is the new office.
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2016
People can I take agbo jedi into SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:38pm On May 07, 2016
stevetop:

You can take agbo jedi, agbo inuwo, agbo awoka aromolegun, agbo konafuru, agbo iba, *smiles* so long as it is packaged and in a sealed container as though it is processed, the other option is to bring it like that but you will risk it being seized by their quarantine control team in the airport but they may not even disturb you.

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:46pm On May 07, 2016
stevetop:

You can bring anything as long as it isn't live I.E. It can't grow again or it can't be replanted like plantain, yam and so on

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kzee001: 4:41pm On May 07, 2016
Much respect to the house... I want to apply for visitors visa to SA, i have studied the requirements and discovered i am short of a job and a good statement of account, i really do not know what to do at this point, i have gone through the thread for similar situation and solution, but found nothing to relate with. My option now is to use an agent for fake documentation, which i truly i'm not happy about, but i dont know what else to do or how to go about it. Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 07, 2016
Kzee001:
Much respect to the house... I want to apply for visitors visa to SA, i have studied the requirements and discovered i am short of a job and a good statement of account, i really do not know what to do at this point, i have gone through the thread for similar situation and solution, but found nothing to relate with. My option now is to use an agent for fake documentation, which i truly i'm not happy about, but i dont know what else to do or how to go about it. Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.

My guy submit what you have and I am sure the almighty would help you. Forget agents abi agency

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2016
Kzee001:
Much respect to the house... I want to apply for visitors visa to SA, i have studied the requirements and discovered i am short of a job and a good statement of account , i really do not know what to do at this point, i have gone through the thread for similar situation and solution, but found nothing to relate with. My option now is to use an agent for fake documentation, which i truly i'm not happy about, but i dont know what else to do or how to go about it. Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.

..wait until you have what it takes or steal from the bank? Why do you have to go for something you can't afford?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:19pm On May 07, 2016
Kzee001:

Please we don't encourage fake documentation on this thread
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kzee001: 7:32pm On May 07, 2016
staggerlee:

Please we don't encourage fake documentation on this thread

What do you encourage i do dadiiii
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babaelemu: 1:30pm On May 08, 2016
staggerlee:

I will give u an instance, a friend of mine came to do his MBA, he paid a whooping school fees of 3.2 mill, living expenses for another 1.5m for a year. Plane ticket, visa fees and all let's just say 400k. After his MBA, immigration laws changed he couldn't get a work permit, he wasted like 6 months he couldn't get a work permit. As at the time he was leaving for SA he was an ABO in a bank earning 235k a month, so he had no choice but to go back to naija, luckily his bank hired him back as an ABO, his colleagues had become BO some SBO. He spent close to 6m on an MBA and still came back to the same job. Imagine if he had bought a 6m car and put this into Uber and making 200k car on the car, don't u feel that is better than his MBA. His mates over took him.

Am not sure whether u realised that getting a permit in SA is so difficult now, when Gigaba took over the reins in 2014, DHA changed. As at the time I applied for my PR, 7 others applied that I know, I and my wife were the only one approved. Till today I count myself a miracle. If you are planning to stay after your PG in SA, its a tough one, SA people don't want us anymore, that's the plain truth. The economy of SA isn't smiling like before. As at the time I got here dollar was about 8 rands, now it is 14.32 (it got to 16 in dec)and is just getting better. Interest rate was less than 4% now it is 7%. Those tutor jobs don't pay your bills, maybe u earn at most 2.5k a month and its seasonal what happens to when underG's are on break?
You talk about tuition fees been free, how many non SA gets those tuition free now when SA people are shouting fees must fall. So if u get tuition fees free what happens to accommodation and feeding? Its still a lot of money. I was blessed to get my PR on a platter of gold and not 10% can be that lucky again.
Finally there is a clause on my PR that says I have to be in the republic at least once every 3 years or I forfeit it, I will gladly forfeit it if I have to be away for 2 years. Its not a do or die affair for me to have a PR, have seen someone forgoing a green card how much more a south african PR.
you nailed the real happening in sa. i came to sa at the age of 20 not in education line and spending over 7 years. i have seen sa ups and downs i just laugh when the new comer thinks education can be gateway to better life in sa. believe it or not if 1000 nigerian should come to do phd or master i can frankly say only 10 will be lucky to benefit from education system. surviving in a foreign land is just by a mere luck believe it or not.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2016
Babaelemu:
you nailed the real happening in sa. i came to sa at the age of 20 not in education line and spending over 7 years. i have seen sa ups and downs i just laugh when the new comer thinks education can be gateway to better life in sa. believe it or not if 1000 nigerian should come to do phd or master i can frankly say only 10 will be lucky to benefit from education system. surviving in a foreign land is just by a mere luck believe it or not.

Luck an dint of hard work. I do not agree with your pessimistic poser that ratio 1:100 describes the success failure relation. For instance, I hav about four friends having their PhD research in SA and they are doing quite well. I don't subscribe to your 'put down' attitude - Are you in Nigeria despite the 'hardship'?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 08, 2016
Babaelemu:

Pardon me as I don't get your point.

Since you did not benefit from the education system in SA, how can you talk about the cons of the system without highlighting the pros? If you are sincere, state the pros and cons of education in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 08, 2016
stevetop:

Luck an dint of hard work. I do not agree with your pessimistic poser that ratio 1:100 describes the success failure relation. For instance, I hav about four friends having their PhD research in SA and they are doing quite well. I don't subscribe to your 'put down' attitude - Are you in Nigeria despite the 'hardship'?

Correct!

PhD holders are well recognised as a skill gap in the SA economy. Everything is done to motivate those in the line including bursaries and scholarship by private and government.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:25pm On May 08, 2016
I will not bring myself to argue about living or not living in SA again, it is your prerogative but for anyone coming here dont expect that its all cool in SA, SA has mad challenges, those that tell you its all good here are just liars or they were hungry back home in Naija. I must thank God, I have lived a privileged life here in SA and back home. I have no reason to complain at all. I got my PR in less than 3years staying in SA, my ID number in 3 weeks and my ID book in 9 weeks (after my PR) I have never paid a cent to any agent to get any visa/permit in SA, I have a wonderful career here. Truth is even though I believe in miracles, I am also a realist, for everyone that has a successful life here in SA there are at least 7 others that are frustrated here.

I am free to answer questions at anytime, I am online 24/7, one guy here has accused me as jobless cos am online 24/7, truth is i have over 5 devices and they are all connected to the internet. phones, tv, tab, workstation and laptop. so its not everyone here that is jobless it is ignorant people that believe so.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 9:55pm On May 08, 2016
can somebody pls let me know if is only tuesday the VFS accept study visa application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 10:21pm On May 08, 2016
Freshnextlevel:
can somebody pls let me know if is only tuesday the VFS accept study visa application

They don't actually accept application on Tuesdays, they verify your documents on Tuesday, you go to pay on Wednesday and then submit on Thursday. But you can only start the process on Tuesday (7:00am), it's sort of a chain reaction.

NB: It's not VFS for study permit, it's SA High Commission, VFS in Nigeria is only for short term visa to SA, however VFS handles all visa (change/renewal) applications in SA, including PR application.

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 11:20pm On May 08, 2016
Hello room, pls I'd like to ask a question. I'm traveling to SA soon. 1)I'm taking my stanbic and gtb atms along intending to withdraw money from SA atm and also use POS but pls I'd like to know the exchange rate while using any of those. 2) My accomodation is R3500 per month and seems high (location port elizabeth) I don't even know how the place looks like but that's what the school is offering pls can any1 DM me or post pics of apartment with its price so that when I get there I'll know if that apartment worth the price. 3) where can I get to buy rands in nnamdi azikiwe international airport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 6:34am On May 09, 2016
Thanks for your answer
But want to know the "crowd" situation now at d VFS. Center in Lagos as this is not d peak period
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:22am On May 09, 2016
naruto02:
Hello room, pls I'd like to ask a question. I'm traveling to SA soon. 1)I'm taking my stanbic and gtb atms along intending to withdraw money from SA atm and also use POS but pls I'd like to know the exchange rate while using any of those. 2) My accomodation is R3500 per month and seems high (location port elizabeth) I don't even know how the place looks like but that's what the school is offering pls can any1 DM me or post pics of apartment with its price so that when I get there I'll know if that apartment worth the price. 3) where can I get to buy rands in nnamdi azikiwe international airport.

Relying on your naija ATMs is not advisable, I just got back from naija with a zenith atm, the charges are mad on both withdrawals and pos, vouched never to use it again. So try and find how u can bring rands into the country.

Accommodation of 3,500 is standard to me for a student, though some people claim they pay less than 2k in durban, I don't know but since they stay in Durban's CBD and those CBDs could be rough at times its possible. Just make sure the 3,500 covers electricity and water, even though PE is relatively an expensive area
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowerspot: 12:33pm On May 09, 2016
Hi all, since the commencement of the new immigration law of the RSA I have been wondering how it would be possible to apply for a business visa to South Africa from Nigeria, are there any success as to those that have applied for the business visa from Nigeria, Please how can one get the documents together, do I need to go to SA to get my documents then come back here to Nigeria to apply or do I get someone to get the documents together in SA and send to me here in Nigeria? Kindly assist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:36pm On May 09, 2016
muhaogunlo:

They don't actually accept application on Tuesdays, they verify your documents on Tuesday, you go to pay on Wednesday and then submit on Thursday. But you can only start the process on Tuesday (7:00am), it's sort of a chain reaction.

NB: It's not VFS for study permit, it's SA High Commission, VFS in Nigeria is only for short term visa to SA, however VFS handles all visa (change/renewal) applications in SA, including PR application.

Cheers!

The embassy has said they wont entertain study visas till June. I also saw them referring people to VFS for study visas

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:18pm On May 09, 2016
flowerspot:
Hi all, since the commencement of the new immigration law of the RSA I have been wondering how it would be possible to apply for a business visa to South Africa from Nigeria, are there any success as to those that have applied for the business visa from Nigeria, Please how can one get the documents together, do I need to go to SA to get my documents then come back here to Nigeria to apply or do I get someone to get the documents together in SA and send to me here in Nigeria? Kindly assist

Business Visas

Foreigners who are contemplating investing in the South African economy by establishing a business or by investing in an existing business in the country must apply for a business visa, if it is his or her intention to be employed in the business.

The following documents must form part of a business visa application:

A certificate issued by a Chartered Accountant or a Professional Accountant registered with the South African Institute of Professional Accountants to the effect that you have at least R5 000 000 available in cash, or at least R5 000 000 in cash and capital to be invested in the Republic.
A recommendation from the Department of Trade and Industry regarding the feasibility of the business and the contribution of the business to the national interest of the Republic.
An undertaking that at least 60% of the total staff compliment to be employed in the operations of the business shall be South African citizens or permanent residents employed permanently in various positions.
An undertaking to register with the-
South African Revenue Service;
Unemployment Insurance Fund;
Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries and Diseases;
Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC); where legally required; and
Relevant professional body, board or council recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act, where applicable.
The holder of a business visa is entitled to study part-time, without the need to apply for permission from the Department of Home Affairs in the form of an application for change of conditions to an existing business visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2016
staggerlee:

Relying on your naija ATMs is not advisable, I just got back from naija with a zenith atm, the charges are mad on both withdrawals and pos, vouched never to use it again. So try and find how u can bring rands into the country.

Accommodation of 3,500 is standard to me for a student, though some people claim they pay less than 2k in durban, I don't know but since they stay in Durban's CBD and those CBDs could be rough at times its possible. Just make sure the 3,500 covers electricity and water, even though PE is relatively an expensive area

What is the highest amount of rands they can allow and what is the ATM rate?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:35pm On May 09, 2016
stevetop:

What is the highest amount of rands they can allow and what is the ATM rate?
$10000, atm rate varies between 20 naira to 25 naira a rand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2016
@staggerlee, I'd like to have a private chat with you. Would that be okay?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowerspot: 8:55pm On May 09, 2016
Staggerlee, thanks for the response, however my question is how do one get all this documents together without first coming to SA or do I need to come there to arrange this documents? Will I need the assistance of agents there in SA, and are there any success stories regarding those that applied here in Nigeria or will I need to apply in SA? would really appreciate your response and assistance if possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by addey101: 9:13pm On May 09, 2016
Please advise : I was granted a Visitors Visa(Multiple Entry) which doesn't allow me to stay more than 30 days in South Africa. Can I extend my Stay ? Please, this is urgent.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meisterkitan(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2016
Keneking:

You sound as if getting asylum in SA has become a criminal offence. This barber is a non citizen. He is on asylum with his payments up to date. He is recognised and thus not an "illegal immigrant."

In his country, the challenges are so much doing the same work.

With his assylum. He is very limited , trust me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.