Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726639 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 12:22pm On May 29, 2016
earc101:
I would like to notarize a document , need to know how much and need help with contact to do this .. thank you house ..Novice in the building ..

Don let any one charge you unnecessarily for things you can do for very little charge.

if you are in Lagos, find your way to Lagos state high court in igbosere, Obalende. You will do it in good time and with little charges. don't do it by the road side.

certifying a document goes for 200 naira per page. not sure about other prices..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by niger2020(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2016
ife01:
This may be off topic...

Has anyone purchased something off Aliexpress for delivery into SA?

If yes, how long did it take? Is the postal system any good?

Thanks
Yes i have bought from Aliexpress. However the postal system is unbearably slow if you use China mail[ which is often-time than not free]
However if you need faster mail use Fedex or DHL, but then u cough out dollars.
I live in durban by the way

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2016
Una weldone o! Please can one buy a one way ticket when going to SA - cos I don't have an idea of when I'm due back - I'm on a study visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:09pm On May 30, 2016
stevetop:
Una weldone o! Please can one buy a one way ticket when going to SA - cos I don't have an idea of when I'm due back - I'm on a study visa.

One way is most times more expensive
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2016
niger2020:

Yes i have bought from Aliexpress. However the postal system is unbearably slow if you use China mail[ which is often-time than not free]
However if you need faster mail use Fedex or DHL, but then u cough out dollars.
I live in durban by the way

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tartarus(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2016
Please how can I get medical aid in order to get my study permit? Is it compulsory? cry
And how long does the processing of a study permit take?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2016
niger2020:
Hello everyone. I'm in SA, i need to send an equivalent of R10 000 to naija.
If u are interested, contact me ASAP

I've someone in sa who's interested..... Still available?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by niger2020(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2016
chelseabmw:

I've someone who's interested..... Still available?

Yes..still available
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2016
niger2020:

Yes..still available

undecided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 11:21pm On May 30, 2016
rasdor:

hello, pls i have once applied to uk, but refused, i want to apply for SA visiting visa and i have all d required documents. but pls i m soo scared, cos agents are giving me different story of how my application may take so long to process and d fact that i mayb refuse. also i hv like 1million in a fixed deposit which will mature by september and just 120k in liquid form in my account n my passport will expire in december so i m planning to visit SA in july. hope it this will not lead to issue of planning to travel while fixed deposit is not yet mature. pls advise, should i go through agent for submission. i m soo confuse.
Do not let anyone scare you with any cock and bull stories,i submitted mine on the 23 and i got a text to come for collection on 25 it took just 3 day's and i was issued with a visa.....Raise the amount in your account to 400k or slightly above,Make sure your hotel reservations comes directly from the hotel with a reference/booking number,your yellow card must be issued by the port authority.with those in place and all other required documents all genuine,you got no problem bro.Agents are just out to fleece you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 4:19am On May 31, 2016
staggerlee:

One way is most times more expensive

Thanks, and yes I am aware that it doesn't make economic sense but my question is will it be an issue at the immigration point?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:18am On May 31, 2016
stevetop:

Thanks, and yes I am aware that it doesn't make economic sense but my question is will it be an issue at the immigration point?

Yes it can, but personally I have never been asked for my return ticket, presently in america and I was not asked at the point of entry even though I carry a naija passport. In sa I don't need a visa anymore to enter sa cos I am a permanent resident, my advise is if u can get a return ticket just get it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BJ3: 1:16pm On May 31, 2016
@Solatium pls share your kenya airways experience if you eventually use the airline. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2016
stevetop:
yes, i beleive you can. i came with a one way ticket myself. the avaiation officers ask why but the moment they saw that i had a student visa they were okay with it.
i beleive your visa is for 1 or 2 years like mine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Godsonpaul: 7:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Please Dexcmd, could you help me with info on how to send my documents to SAQA?
*Am I sending hard copy of my transcripts(myself) or my school is?
*And any need of sending photocopies of credentials alongside the transcripts?
Plz, your response is highly valued. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2016
tweb1:

yes, i beleive you can. i came with a one way ticket myself. the avaiation officers ask why but the moment they saw that i had a student visa they were okay with it.
i beleive your visa is for 1 or 2 years like mine.

Thanks for your response my visa is for 4.11 yrs grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Godsonpaul:

If you have a student copy of your transcripts you can get it notarized( the photocopy) and send it along with photocopies of your certificates which must also be notarized.
Yes you have to send copies of your certificates and transcripts. (notarized that is)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Godsonpaul: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2016
I really appreciate bro!
stevetop:

If you have a student copy of your transcripts you can get it notarized( the photocopy) and send it along with photocopies of your certificates which must also be notarized.
Yes you have to send copies of your certificates and transcripts. (notarized that is)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Send ur certified copy of ur certificate, transcript and photocopy of id usually data page of I/passport. All documents suld be sent in hard copy. You can use dhl its faster

Godsonpaul:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2016
pls does anyone knows how to pay wits Application fee? I've been trying to use the online payment platform to pay the R200, after imputing all my card details and click payment it says "it seems like you trying to submit a payment that has already being submitted" and I didnt submit anything. Any1 having same issue? Expert in the house tell me what to do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2016
stevetop:

Thanks for your response my visa is for 4.11 yrs grin

Which of the schools are you going to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 1:03am On Jun 03, 2016
tweb1:

Which of the schools are you going to?

UFS for a PhD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 03, 2016
Solatium:
Do not let anyone scare you with any cock and bull stories,i submitted mine on the 23 and i got a text to come for collection on 25 it took just 3 day's and i was issued with a visa.....Raise the amount in your account to 400k or slightly above,Make sure your hotel reservations comes directly from the hotel with a reference/booking number,your yellow card must be issued by the port authority.with those in place and all other required documents all genuine,you got no problem bro.Agents are just out to fleece you

Pls can u outline all d documents . Requirements you. Coupled together. Payment and visa centre located.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello house,

I'm so glad this forum exists, however, i wish i had found it a little sooner...

Anyways, I recently got offered employment by a South African company and i traveled to SA in March to finalize stuff with them. I came back home to apply for the Critical Skills visa. After a lot of back and forth, i got all the required documents except for the confirmation letter from the professional body in SA (IITPSA). However, i have paid for the membership and even gotten an acknowledgement email from the membership officer requesting for my updated CV showing work experience start and end dates. Due to the time i had already spent of getting saqa and other docs (my employemt was supposed to start in May), i decided to do some research and came across Directive 22 of 2014 (http://www.nwivisas.com/nwi-blog/south-africa/immigration-directive-no-22-of-2014/) which basically states that if there's no written confirmation from professional body but there's proof of application for membership with the professional body, then there is no need for any letter of confirmation. So i summoned courage and went to submit yesterday(Thursday) with all other document complete apart from the said letter. i was told to acknowledge an "Incomplete Application" form and state my reason, so i simply quoted the Directive 22 of 2014.

Right now, I have faith i'll get the visa, but to be honest i am terrified inside me.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me smiley cry smiley cry smiley

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Gbollyblaze:
Hello house,

I'm so glad this forum exists, however, i wish i had found it a little sooner...

Anyways, I recently got offered employment by a South African company and i traveled to SA in March to finalize stuff with them. I came back home to apply for the Critical Skills visa. After a lot of back and forth, i got all the required documents except for the confirmation letter from the professional body in SA (IITPSA). However, i have paid for the membership and even gotten an acknowledgement email from the membership officer requesting for my updated CV showing work experience start and end dates. Due to the time i had already spent of getting saqa and other docs (my employemt was supposed to start in May), i decided to do some research and came across Directive 22 of 2014 (http://www.nwivisas.com/nwi-blog/south-africa/immigration-directive-no-22-of-2014/) which basically states that if there's no written confirmation from professional body but there's proof of application for membership with the professional body, then there is no need for any letter of confirmation. So i summoned courage and went to submit yesterday(Thursday) with all other document complete apart from the said letter. i was told to acknowledge an "Incomplete Application" form and state my reason, so i simply quoted the Directive 22 of 2014.

Right now, I have faith i'll get the visa, but to be honest i am terrified inside me.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me smiley cry smiley cry smiley

Have you submitted for visa? If yes the go and chill, whatever will be will be, just hope it will be well. Mainwhile if anyone needs help on iitpsa, i can help, i live and work around iitpsa in midrand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
staggerlee:

Have you submitted for visa? If yes the go and chill, whatever will be will be, just hope it will be well. Mainwhile if anyone needs help on iitpsa, i can help, i live and work around iitpsa in midrand

Staggerlee, great job...

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 12:21am On Jun 04, 2016
Pls does any1 knw if I can get rand at abuja airport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Man51ut(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2016
stevetop:

The two times I've gone to SA. They asked for my return ticket. Make of that what you will. Most tickets are valid for a year anyway. However, since you're a student your case might be different and they might not care but it's usually seen as a good show of faith to have a return ticket.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
It has always been like that cos i had the same experience when i applied in 2014. What you can do is to get someone in SA to pay for you while you transfer the Naira equivalent to him or her. That's the easiest way out considering the amount involved.
Dexcmd:
pls does anyone knows how to pay wits Application fee? I've been trying to use the online payment platform to pay the R200, after imputing all my card details and click payment it says "it seems like you trying to submit a payment that has already being submitted" and I didnt submit anything. Any1 having same issue? Expert in the house tell me what to do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olamilec(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please house which banks sell Rand or where can I buy it here in Lagos and at which rate?
If you need a travel buddy to SA on Arik for Tuesday next week, am all yours let explore together.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
They sell Rands at the airport. Sullah sells
Olamilec:
Please house which banks sell Rand or where can I buy it here in Lagos and at which rate?
If you need a travel buddy to SA on Arik for Tuesday next week, am all yours let explore together.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olamilec(m): 12:18am On Jun 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:
They sell Rands at the airport. Sullah sells
Thanks, appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.