Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723454 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yours
olystic:
Please could someone answer a question that for me. in the list of required documents for the South African visitors visa, the self introduction letter with physical address and phone number. whose address and phone would that be assuming a person is applying as a tourist. is it going to be his or that of his booked hotel. please i need urgent responses for some one who has applied and has gotten it before
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hopefully i will receive a text before friday. Thanks for the time.
abnot:

Yea applied for a short stay visitor's visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
afelouz:
Hopefully i will receive a text before friday. Thanks for the time.
Did you apply for a tourist visa as well? When and where did you apply ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
abnot:

Did you apply for a tourist visa as well? When and where did you apply ?
I applied at vfs lekki, lagos on wednesday 13th
I'm afraid coz the guy that attended to me at vfs lagos looked at my documents, personal banks statement and company statement of account, he asked if I'm self emplyed? i said yes,
then he said you are too young and the consular might think your documents are fake.
I had to go and print my memorandum of associates showing i owe 95% of shares in my company and i added it to the document before submitting. The whole thing just got me worried considering the fact that i submitted All genuine documents, no fakes. Dont they have ways to verify docs submitted??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
afelouz:

I applied at vfs lekki, lagos on wednesday 13th
I'm afraid coz the guy that attended to me at vfs lagos looked at my documents, personal banks statement and company statement of account, he asked if I'm self emplyed? i said yes,
then he said you are too young and the consular might think your documents are fake.
I had to go and print my memorandum of associates showing i owe 95% of shares in my company and i added it to the document before submitting. The whole thing just got me worried considering the fact that i submitted All genuine documents, no fakes. Dont they have ways to verify docs submitted??

It's my first time applying to RSA so got limited knowledge bout the process but applied as an employed individual .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
i will keep you posted if i get an update on the application, thanks.
abnot:

It's my first time applying to RSA so got limited knowledge bout the process but applied as an employed individual .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:35am On Jul 18, 2016
Hello my great people, good morning how are you doing? Please where can a friend get police report and yellow card from Bida Niger state. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwo92(m): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2016
@ mikejordan pls how many certificate is to be evaluate and how much is it. and will they send it back to me or the school I wish to apply to. thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gungab(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2016
stanogb:

Which type of VISA?

tourism anyone that will enable me to work there will be Okay
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2016
taiwo92:
@ mikejordan pls how many certificate is to be evaluate and how much is it. and will they send it back to me or the school I wish to apply to. thanks.

It depends on the qualification you are going for in SA. For example, I am going for a Master degree and so I needed to evaluate my B.Sc.(Hons) results (The transcript and the certificate) including my WAEC and passport (All documents must be certified). First you have to complete an online application. The total amount is R1163 excluding the DHL cost.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DebossG: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks for your response. But have heard people claiming to get their study permit within 2 to 3weeks.

Engr00466:
Hello there. The High Commission processes student visa really slowly. It takes at least 30 working days after submission of application. I too am starting my classes this July but haven't got the study permit yet. I went to the High Commission and delivered a letter from my university asking them to expedite the process. Still they haven't done it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwo92(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2016
thank u mikejordan. after filling the online stuff, am I to send my document via dhl to them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
taiwo92:
thank u mikejordan. after filling the online stuff, am I to send my document via dhl to them.

Yes you send certified copies of your documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
So yea got denied a short stay visa to RSA as I've just picked up my passport. Reason given was "insufficient funds". Had about 350k in my account with a good travel history and valid visas to USA, UK and three expired Schemgen visas and 5 expired UK visas. Guess they got a strict entry requirement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwo92(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
thank u mikejordan, what about payment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
arh, mogbe. this people are strict o. even with all the travel history. undecided I'm sorry about your visa denial.
I will keep you posted on mine. you can boost your account and reaply.

abnot:
So yea got denied a short stay visa to RSA as I've just picked up my passport. Reason given was "insufficient funds". Had about 350k in my account with a good travel history and valid visas to USA, UK and three expired Schemgen visas and 5 expired UK visas. Guess they got a strict entry requirement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
afelouz:
arh, mogbe. this people are strict o. even with all the travel history. undecided I'm sorry about your visa denial.
I will keep you posted on mine. you can boost your account and reaply.

Not re-applying . Just wanted to go spend 4 days there with my friends all of which do not need visas ( one British , one American and two from Swaziland ). But as it is "mogbe" . Feel more welcomed in the west (Europe/America ) than South Africa .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2016
femiaction:
Hello my great people, good morning how are you doing? Please where can a friend get police report and yellow card from Bida Niger state. Thanks

It is best you find your way to Lag to do both. The authentic yellow card can be got close to the airport while the police character certificate is obtainable at Alagbon. All the best!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
stevetop:

It is best you find your way to Lag to do both. The authentic yellow card can be got close to the airport while the police character certificate is obtainable at Alagbon. All the best!
Thanks brother
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
femiaction:
Dont know but he can just go to Abuja and do the yellow card at the secretariats and police report at the police command opposite old CBN
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
femiaction:
Dont know but he can just go to Abuja and do the yellow card at the secretariats and police report at the police command opposite old CBN (takes 4 days, have to send it to Lagos and back)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Engr00466: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Anyone going to UCT this month for postgraduate studies?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
taiwo92:
thank u mikejordan, what about payment.

You can make your payment using gtbank naira master card. That's what I used to pay or you can talk to someone in SA to pay for you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moseed: 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello house

i will be going to Australia through SA Airways on a student visa

please i would like to know if i would be needing a transit visa, as there would be a stop over in jo'burg for 16h5m

anyone with likely information kindly help a brother here.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yungokus: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=Moseed post=47735585]Hello house

i will be going to Australia through SA Airways on a student visa

please i would like to know if i would be needing a transit visa, as there would be a stop over in jo'burg for 16h5m

anyone with likely information kindly help a brother here.thanks

[/quote

Eyaaa sorry... my mum used SAA this year to australia and she nagged about the long journey but u as a man u no get wahala... for your question .... u dont need a transit visa as long as u aint stepping pass the immigration or airport... but i will i advice to pay for d bidvest lounge... thats what we did for my mum for the long stop over(and she claimed to enjoy it all tru forgeting d stop over)......sitting arnd for 16hrs no b beans... All d best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moseed: 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=yungokus post=47737643][/quote]

thanks so musch you're a life saver would prepare for that thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
hello house.
please i am sorry to drag us back a little but please i will like someone with a kind heart to help me as i want to study in south africa.
i already have my HND certificate but i want to upgrade to B.ENG how can i do it and which school can i apply to?
cc@mikejordan
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:02am On Jul 22, 2016
DebossG:
Please how long does the abuja embassy takes to process study permit? Am supposed to resume class this July.

And also noticed this south africa thread is slow this days.

it's always advisable to do it in lagos. Abuja embassy delays way too much. which of the schools are u going?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2016
hello everyone . pls I need someone who lives in kzn to ask some questions. thks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2016
Where in KZN?
geekybabe:
hello everyone . pls I need someone who lives in kzn to ask some questions. thks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gbollyblaze: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2016
Hello house,

I am currently working in SA and would like to have my family here with me. Please what documents would they need to apply in Nigeria.

I would really appreciate any help i can get. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.