Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723145 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
[quote author=staggerlee post=47861032]

There is no legitimate job for people who do not have a work visa in South Africa, and to get a work visa you need to be very skilled with a competent body accreditng your skills. It is a tough one don't come to SA and hang you will be forced to go into crime, which we don't want to happen[This is not true bros there are people with study visa who are earning very well in schools .I know a guy earning 16krand as a tutor (criminology ) in University and there are guys doing well with study visa .Perhaps you mean to say those with visitor visa can't get legitimate jobs.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
staggerlee:

Why will you go on a visitor's visa and plan not to return? How do you intend to live in SA? You can't convert your visitor's to any other kind of visa in SA. Please south africans and other Nationales read Nairalang and you are making it harder for genuine visa seekers to get visas by spilling your intended fraudulent ways to the world.
correct
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 6:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Thanks for the advice
staggerlee:

The "wrongest" piece of advice anyone can give you is going to get asylum from SA. There is a new debate now in parliament to stop asylum seekers from going to schools and stop working. I think leaving a country like Nigeria to collect asylum in SA is dehumanizing! SA isn't Yamkee neither is it western europe. If you can't have the necessary papers legally in SA, just don't bother! My Piece
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Are you in SA bro
samuelUMOH:
Big lies ! Which part time job ? I appreciate your efforts getting people admitted which is good pls don't promised any job.,because the jobs are not available for Sa .For those who have skills you can come Sa and get job but it is not automatic but competitive
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:15am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=samuelUMOH post=47934145][/quote]
To be a tutor you have to be at least a master's student. Not everyone gets a tutorial job that pays u 16k rands job. for you info as a student you cant earn more than 7000 rands job a month, thats the immigration law. A student is exempted from paying tax and the threshold on tax is about 6000 rands a month. if you earn more than the threshold then you should pay tax. so no one will pay you above the threshold, if you earn more than that as a foreign student u are illegal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Femcesc07:
Are you in SA bro
Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:37am On Jul 28, 2016
staggerlee:

To be a tutor you have to be at least a master's student. Not everyone gets a tutorial job that pays u 16k rands job. for you info as a student you cant earn more than 7000 rands job a month, thats the immigration law. A student is exempted from paying tax and the threshold on tax is about 6000 rands a month. if you earn more than the threshold then you should pay tax. so no one will pay you above the threshold, if you earn more than that as a foreign student u are illegal
No sir ! Students with masters degree and enrolled for PhD are employed as contract lecturer /tutor and paid above 7000rand.Although those who earn higher pay a little as tax but it is not ILLEGAL! So far you don't exceed the 20hours per week .I speak through experience not hearsay.More importantly I know few guys here( nairaland ) who came 2014 for postgraduate and are earning well with the study permit approved by the Dean of their respective colleges .It is not ILLEGAL .Hopefully Some of them will have time to comment on this .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2016
samuelUMOH:
No sir ! Students with masters degree and enrolled for PhD are employed as contract lecturer /tutor and paid above 7000rand.Although those who earn higher pay a little as tax but it is not ILLEGAL! So far you don't exceed the 20hours per week .I speak through experience not hearsay.More importantly I know few guys here( nairaland ) who came 2014 for postgraduate and are earning well with the study permit approved by the Dean of their respective colleges .It is not ILLEGAL .Hopefully Some of them will have time to comment on this .

Anyway the person I referred to was coming for undergrad and to be a tutor u must at least be a masters student (not necessarily hold a masters degree) it was a typo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stanogb(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good day pals... I have applied to university of Johannesburg successfully. Any prospective applicant in the house? How long does it take them for feedback?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mamateniola1: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
She is in love with you and she wants me to marry her!! No where did yu say, you love her. Smh. SA babes will finish you and dump you when they are done. Loll
You said in your subsequent post that yu have a career in Naija, why not just go visit and come back. Na wa.

cruzclinton1:
Please @justwise and other gurus in d house......am planing to enter SA to meet a female friend who agrees to take care of my expenses(visa and other things) coz she is in love with me and want me to marry her.......my question is (1) is there a way I will continue to stay over there if my 3 months visa expires? Till when finally marry......what's the right format for us to achieve our aim(she is a SA citizen by birth, both the parents.......thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
DebossG:
Thanks for your response. But have heard people claiming to get their study permit within 2 to 3weeks.

I heard that too. Do you have any idea of the cost of flight ticket?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by philip0906(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good day house

I have a brother who wants to leave Nigeria albeit, legally and legitimately. He is considering Dubai and South Africa, but I have told him to forget about the U.A.E.
He wants to come to South Africa to set up a business, but is confused as to what kind of legitimate business he can setup in Southy with a budget of 600,000-1,200,000 naira, just for setting up a business or buying an existing business. I need to know if it is enough or too small to setup something legitimate (no matter what it is as long as it is legitimate)over there. The business will employ south Africans.
What are his chances of obtaining a visa for this purpose and what kind of visa will be given to him?
Please need your urgent answers staggerlee and Co. cc justwise

Note: He has given up on doing anything in Nigeria and only needs a saner society where things work to make a legitimate living for himself, so no stay back in Nigeria advice or use that money in Nigeria advice will be welcomed grin
Thanks all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi guys ... Pls can anyone tell me how easy it is to apply for a South African visa ONLINE pls.. And what is the likelihood of getting the visa?
What are the requirment and how do I begin? (Too many questions)
I am planning to go for my honeymoon there. Meanwhile I am currently not based in Nigeria.. But my wedding will take place in Nigeria by God's grace. So I guess I will apply from home. Thanks for your kind response. God bless!
Cc: justwise
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:33am On Aug 01, 2016
philip0906:
Good day house

I have a brother who wants to leave Nigeria albeit, legally and legitimately. He is considering Dubai and South Africa, but I have told him to forget about the U.A.E.
He wants to come to South Africa to set up a business, but is confused as to what kind of legitimate business he can setup in Southy with a budget of 600,000-1,200,000 naira, just for setting up a business or buying an existing business. I need to know if it is enough or too small to setup something legitimate (no matter what it is as long as it is legitimate)over there. The business will employ south Africans.
What are his chances of obtaining a visa for this purpose and what kind of visa will be given to him?
Please need your urgent answers staggerlee and Co. cc justwise

Note: He has given up on doing anything in Nigeria and only needs a saner society where things work to make a legitimate living for himself, so no stay back in Nigeria advice or use that money in Nigeria advice will be welcomed grin
Thanks all

To gett a business visa in sa you need to have shown proof that you can invest 5 million rands in sa economy. However, people use other means of setting up businesses which are not entirely legal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:41am On Aug 01, 2016
Got into SA over the weekend via Cape Town and noticed everyone had to do fingerprints and take photographs. This is entirely strange to me as a frequent traveller but the immigration woman said its a new development. At times I go in and out of SA like 6 times a year and have never seen people doing this though this is my first time traveling into SA via Cape Town, always come in through OR Tambo. So please keep your records clean in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DebossG: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mikejordan:

I heard that too. Do you have any idea of the cost of flight ticket?

Recently got my study permit and it took 3 weeks. I applied in abuja.

Ticket is within 110k to 380k depending on the airline. South africa ariways is more expensive. Kenya air and ethopia are cheaper.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stanogb(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
stanogb:
Good day pals... I have applied to university of Johannesburg successfully. Any prospective applicant in the house? How long does it take them for feedback?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
stanogb:

Their Feedback to confirm your successful application or Feedback on admission status? Did u apply for pg or ug? Pg admission is around October. Check your online portal for admission status, it should be referred to faculty. Will advice you to apply to other SA schools too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heemran: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello house, please I want to travel to south Africa soon and I will like to ask if i can show hotel booked on booking.Com or any other site to immigration at my arrival in south Africa or not.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
DebossG:

Recently got my study permit and it took 3 weeks. I applied in abuja.

Ticket is within 110k to 380k depending on the airline. South africa ariways is more expensive. Kenya air and ethopia are cheaper.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Please tell me the procedure involved in the application for the study permit(documents that you submitted), then the cost of everything.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Engr00466: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hi all.

Wanted to ask if any Nigerian bank's atm card can currently be used to withdraw money in South Africa? Does having an account in Stanbic bank help?

Thanks in advance!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Engr00466:
Hi all.

Wanted to ask if any Nigerian bank's atm card can currently be used to withdraw money in South Africa? Does having an account in Stanbic bank help?

Thanks in advance!!

Access Bank
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tartarus(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Currently in midrand graduate institute (now known as pearson institute). Fucking expensive undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.