Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,323 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723086 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nipple(f): 12:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Thanks to all the information i got on this thread. Submitted my application on the 9th of September at vfs global Lagos and got it on the 27th. Got my visitor's visa stress free.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 5:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Nipple:
Thanks to all the information i got on this thread. Submitted my application on the 9th of September at vfs global Lagos and got it on the 27th. Got my visitor's visa stress free.

Congrats,where in SA are you visiting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2016
For those waiting on their Visas I have come to realise that there seems to be varying processing times even for the same kind of Visa. 1 and 6 of my friends applied for a Visitors visa and I noticed that some got theirs in 8 working days, Mine and 2 others took 9 working days, another took 15 working days and the last persons own took 20+ working days but we all got our Visas.
We were all going for the same program and we submitted the same documents (except bank statements).
So my advise for those waiting is that they should keep waiting.
And for those intending to apply please do so well in advance of your intended travel date so as not to be disappointed. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2016
For those waiting on their Visas I have come to realise that there seems to be varying processing times even for the same kind of Visa. I and 6 of my friends applied for a Visitors visa and I noticed that some got theirs in 8 working days, Mine and 2 others took 9 working days, another took 15 working days and the last persons own took 20+ working days but we all got our Visas.
We were all going for the same program and we submitted the same documents (except bank statements).
So my advise for those waiting is that they should keep waiting.
And for those intending to apply please do so well in advance of your intended travel date so as not to be disappointed. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Buccattee: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Please I want to apply for a degree in south Africa, do I need to apply for USAF exemption or I only need to get my o level certified and other documents and apply? And please what universities admit nigerians with o level? Please I need urgent response to this

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Please I want to apply for a visa got an iv from a friend any need of providing a hotel reservation since it was included in the iv DAT he is going to receive nd house me through our stay...pls need an answer
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nipple(f): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2016
know:

Congrats,where in SA are you visiting
Thanks. Johannesburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2016
naruto02:

Thanks!!
I now understand fully your predicament . My daughter called me today to inform me that STANBIC via email, notified her of changes/new limitations of her naira cards abroad. From tomorrow, the limit on daily/monthly atm withdrawal is $100 (for blue,gold,silver card holders) while monthly web/POS limit is now $300. shocked

That sucks.

hopy68:
Please I want to apply for a visa got an iv from a friend any need of providing a hotel reservation since it was included in the iv DAT he is going to receive nd house me through our stay...pls need an answer
Your friend has to provide you his/her utility bills,copy of mortgage/rent on the said accommodation,copy of his passport date page and residence permit alongside the invitation letter.
Booking hotel is safer and less stressful,IMO
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2016
Keneking:

How is your daughter coping with the student wahala in that area? Hope you are in touch with her.
She's fine and safe, thank you. smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
ifyalways:

Your friend has to provide you his/her utility bills,copy of mortgage/rent on the said accommodation,copy of his passport date page and residence permit alongside the invitation letter.
Booking hotel is safer and less stressful,IMO

He provided me with d copies of all his utilities bill as u said.
Since all are dere wen sumiting d docs any need of adding a hotel reserv again ...tnxs for ur advice appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
Congrat miss
Nipple:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello house,please I need somebody to give me hints on how to apply for critical Visa,the requirements e.t.c
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Somebody kindly answer this query?

cutieme:
Hello house,please I need somebody to give me hints on how to apply for critical Visa,the requirements e.t.c
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello,
Anyone with Rands for Naira?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys, please can anyone help me on dis one. I just had my interview today with ECSA for certificate evaluation, but I think I fumbled cos most of the questions they asked me I couldn't ans dem correctly cos av already forgotten most of dem, defending my final project I think I did well in dat dou dey didnt ask too much questions on it. My question is dat hope I won't be denied registration based on dat? And how long dos it take before they get back to u after d interview. Please anyone dat is registered with ECSA should help out on ds.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
callysea:
Hello,
Anyone with Rands for Naira?

we are both stuck in same boat bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Haha...surely we should have a couple of lifeguards here to our rescue, yea?

friendly101:

we are both stuck in same boat bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
cutieme:

Where are you SA or Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
ifyalways:

I now understand fully your predicament . My daughter called me today to inform me that STANBIC via email, notified her of changes/new limitations of her naira cards abroad. From tomorrow, the limit on daily/monthly atm withdrawal is $100 (for blue,gold,silver card holders) while monthly web/POS limit is now $300. shocked

That sucks
I was leaving my current residence because of the $300 limit to a cheaper place. I woke up this morning to see the sad email from Stanbic ibtc now even the cheaper place I can pay for it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
callysea:
Haha...surely we should have a couple of lifeguards here to our rescue, yea?

Same here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
staggerlee,am.in.Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
SA

staggerlee:

Where are you SA or Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GazaQueen(f): 1:14am On Oct 01, 2016
Hey fellow travellers, i am looking to meet people in Johannesburg, Durban & Cape Town to hang out, and have a good adventure seeing some of the cities sites and night life,
I will be touring there from the 8th of october to 18th of October, please holla if you are going to be there around those dates. smiley smiley smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 3:29am On Oct 01, 2016
elume2020:
With regards to critical skills, if you obtained your first degree from a Nigerian University not on the Washington accord, be prepared for and interview. I was interviewed but to be honest I can't give an accurate answer of all they were asking because I have forgotten many of them, like writing formula of a topic I did in third year. Also asking how many lecturer in the department, equipment we have and all sort. Defended my B. ENG project before the three white guys. And that was in December. Up till now I haven't gotten any feedback from them. Moving forward, with regards to critical skills, you still need a letter from a recognised body here in South Africa that your have worked for five years, which ECSA won't write for you. So before you submit ensure you have all documents as required. A friend did submit with all documents except the letter stating he had over five years experience which is deemed critical despite presenting ECSA candidate engineer certificate and a mail stating that he can apply for professional if he so which. His application was denied but with a condition to appeal if he can provide the said letter. The question is who will write that letter?
Hi bro, av u now heard from ECSA after d long wait. Hope u were registered finally. Am asking ds cos I did my interview yesterday but couldn't ans some of their questions correctly too. Just a bit worried. Can't dey deny sumone registration base on dat?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:53am On Oct 01, 2016
I got this notification this morning. So its stressfree getting your polce clearance from SAPS
"RSA POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES: URGENT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE VISAS AND PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMITS

The Immigration Regulations of the Immigration Act, No. 13 of 2002 define a Police Clearance Certificate as follows:

“A certificate issued by the police or security authority in each country where the relevant applicant resided for 12 months or longer after attaining the age of 18 years, in respect of criminal records or the character of that applicant, which certificate shall not be older than six months at the time of its submission: Provided that the certificate shall not be required from a foreign country in the case of renewal or extension of a visa but from the Republic”.

With effect from the 01st of October 2016 The Department of Home Affairs will automate the process of obtaining a South African Police Clearance Certificate. Instead of the applicant going to a police station to apply for a police clearance, VFS will use the applicant’s biometrics (fingerprints) which we are already collecting in the current process and use them to run background checks against the South African Police Services database. On receipt of the electronic police clearance VFS will merge the records with the main application and transmit the contents electronically to DHA as a full and complete application. The SAPS database background check will take an average of 24 – 36 hours, a great improvement from the 3 to 4 months that it takes currently to get a police clearance from SAPS, as reported by applicants. 

The total fee per adult applicant in addition for this service will R175.00 (Incl. VAT) per criminal background check. The Department is already running this process successfully for both the Zimbawean Special Permit and the Lesotho Special Permit applications. 

Please be advised that the current manual submission of RSA police clearances will be accepted until the 31st of October 2016. This automation of the police clearance is only applicable to RSA police clearance certificates. Any other Police Clearance Certificates issued by the police or security authority in each country where the relevant applicant resided for 12 months or longer after attaining the age of 18 years will still be accepted manually."
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:25am On Oct 01, 2016
@staggerlee

I understand that you don't want to offer your advice for free anymore and I respect that however, I have to remind you that soliciting for clients through this thread will not be accepted. Asking people to pm you rather than answering the question here will also not be allowed.

Money doesn't exchange hands in whatever we do here.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2016
justwise:

@staggerlee

I understand that you don't want to offer your advice for free anymore and I respect that however, I have to remind you that soliciting for clients through this thread will not be accepted. Asking people to pm you rather than answering the question here will also not be allowed.

Money doesn't exchange hands in whatever we do here.

Thank you.

Chief, I have never solicited for money from anyone through this thread, anyone that have asked to pM have never asked for financial gains. You can ask openly if anyone here has paid me anything or have asked anyone here for money.
Those that I told to PM me asked me questions I didn't go out of my way to ask them to PM me. Just some minutes ago I posted the new procedure of obtaining a SAPS police clearance for free. Only a privilege few know about the process as of today. I fear for ourselves o, since time in memorial that have been giving useful tips for free no one saw it as offensive now I am holding back because some haters here feel when I share am always boastful about it and I do over sabi its now an issue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:06am On Oct 01, 2016
staggerlee:

Chief, I have never solicited for money from anyone through this thread, anyone that have asked to pM have never asked for financial gains. You can ask openly if anyone here has paid me anything or have asked anyone here for money.
Those that I told to PM me asked me questions I didn't go out of my way to ask them to PM me. Just some minutes ago I posted the new procedure of obtaining a SAPS police clearance for free. Only a privilege few know about the process as of today. I fear for ourselves o, since time in memorial that have been giving useful tips for free no one saw it as offensive now I am holding back because some haters here feel when I share am always boastful about it and I do over sabi its now an issue

I don't make false or careless allegations, I have been following your posts recently and you made it clear that time for freebies are over because you run this as a business now.

I'm not going to dig this with you because it will have the opposite effect.

My initial post on this stands.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2016
justwise:

I don't make false or careless allegations, I have been following your posts recently and you made it clear that time for freebies are over because you run this as a business now.

I'm not going to dig this with you because it will have the opposite effect.

My initial post on this stands.

Yes no more freebies, but I won't come here and solicit for customers unless you ask me questions! When I was giving freebies people were shouting me down
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naijatisumi: 7:31am On Oct 01, 2016
GazaQueen:
Hey fellow travellers, i am looking to meet people in Johannesburg, Durban & Cape Town to hang out, and have a good adventure seeing some of the cities sites and night life,
I will be touring there from the 8th of october to 18th of October, please holla if you are going to be there around those dates. smiley smiley smiley

I will be in Johannesburg between 5/15 ! Let's rock SA

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: icu4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.