Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1722585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2016
I have being to south Africa with Kenya airways and no harassment or the issue of treatment ever arise. the last time i went there few months back the immigration officer opens my passport go through the passport from page one till where their own is, stamped me and give me 1 month to stay without even asking me any question except saying hi. i guess travel history and Gods favor as well. meanwhile ii booked to stay 5 days which is my usual period if i go there.

phemy1230:
Good morning everyone in the forum, I have few questions to ask, and I will be happy if any experts gives me a reply soon.

1) I heard passengers on South African airways are always treated better than other airlines by the south African immigration, I.e they don't scrutinize much on BTA with them?

2) what is the official BTA minimum to take over there?

3) what is the official dollar rate to naira now if anyone has an idea?

Thanks for the response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2016
Since my visa was denied am just confused despite summiting d rite docs..
How is d student visa applied, nd pls wat school can a ND holder on accounting apply dat is affordable, nd d requirement needed to apply. my younger broda is planning on aplying pls i need an answer pls nd tnxs......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ptosyn: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

Do you have an idea how much cost is it to Fast-track South Africa study permit and how soon is the collection data after submission. Please this is urgent!

Thank you smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
hopy68:
How is d student visa applied, nd pls wat school can a ND holder on accounting apply dat is affordable, nd d requirement needed to apply. my younger broda is planning on aplying pls i need an answer pls nd tnxs......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
hopy68:

If I may ask, how much is available for your brother's study visa and school fees?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
staggerlee:

If I may ask, how much is available for your brother's study visa and school fees?
Dat was y i asked d question here to knw d cost of school fees nd requirement for applying for it....tnx nd if u knw u can let me knw. tnx once more for ur genuine concern
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
hopy68:

Dat was y i asked d question here to knw d cost of school fees nd requirement for applying for it....tnx nd if u knw u can let me knw. tnx once more for ur genuine concern

I'm sorry to say this but you shouldn't be asking such question, you or your brother should know that because its available on the school website and we don't even know the school your brother is applying to. He needs to do that research himself to find out about the cost and requirements for admission before thinking about visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
Bro. How many days did they put on your visa you could use before giving you 1 month to stay at port of entry
vozkini:
I have being to south Africa with Kenya airways and no harassment or the issue of treatment ever arise. the last time i went there few months back the immigration officer opens my passport go through the passport from page one till where their own is, stamped me and give me 1 month to stay without even asking me any question except saying hi. i guess travel history and Gods favor as well. meanwhile ii booked to stay 5 days which is my usual period if i go there.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
seangy4konji:
Bro. How many days did they put on your visa you could use before giving you 1 month to stay at port of entry
You mean on your visa application form? Then you could put 2wks or so
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
justwise:

I'm sorry to say this but you shouldn't be asking such question, you or your brother should know that because its available on the school website and we don't even know the school your brother is applying to. He needs to do that research himself to find out about the cost and requirements for admission before thinking about visa.

Tnxs bro will do dat sorry if i replied harsh..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
On my visa it is written to be permitted for a peeps of ten days only and number I entries if multiple. I want to know if they can actually put it as stamp on your passport that you could stay a month at port of entry.
Pendragon1:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Made123: 6:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Hello friends, please to confirm the full tuition fee for masters program @ university of Pretoria. I have made some little research and here is what I got.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls can anyone tell me how much does express SA visa application cost and how many days before it comes out ? Thanks and good morning
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2016
seangy4konji:

I was given 2 weeks to stay on my visa. But at the point of entry. The immigration officer stamped 1 month for me but the truth is I usually stay not more than 7 days. The one month is even useless for me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Any ideas where or how I can get Rand with my Naira. I stay in Port Elizabeth
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
I need rands. R1,000 only for naira.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bspec001(f): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello, I'm new on this platform. Having gone through quite a number of threads, I would like to say that a good job is been done here. Kudos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Hi guys! I applied for SA Visa and I was given the usual 3months which will eventually be stamped 1 month ...my submission was 2weeks ago and today I went for my collection at the vfs lekki, only to discover I was given a single entry?
Was there an issue in my application? Can anyone please tell me why I got a single entry?
I was hoping to travel next week and during x-mas too with the same visa,but it's all gone differently.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2016
seangy4konji:
When you do your home work. Nothing like denial unless mistake from the consular so you can re apply. My application used 19 hours and back at Vfs.

Who is in Johannesburg we could hang together for the weekend. ??ladies preferably.
Hi,mine is next week grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 1:50am On Oct 25, 2016
How did your application go bro
Did you refire or what papi
Pendragon1:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jargo192: 3:10am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=know post=50150564][/quote]

Hello,

I just got back from SA after my 3months visa was about to expire. did not break any rules as regards the 30 days stay. I applied on the 10th of october through a different agent the same day my previous visa was expiring. I still have a valid UK visa. after the wait my passport came out with no visa. I want to find out the reason why because I was only doing a renewal? Can i appeal? Can i apply immediately? No reason was stated in my packet and the agent was speechless.

Please someone with experience help as i plan to go back very soon.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
jargo192:

Hello,

I just got back from SA after my 3months visa was about to expire. did not break any rules as regards the 30 days stay. I applied on the 10th of october through a different agent the same day my previous visa was expiring. I still have a valid UK visa. after the wait my passport came out with no visa. I want to find out the reason why because I was only doing a renewal? Can i appeal? Can i apply immediately? No reason was stated in my packet and the agent was speechless.

Please someone with experience help as i plan to go back very soon.

Thanks

Are you sure of the documents put together by your agent? Nothing wrong with using an agent,but everything is wrong when your agent became secretive about your application,Your agent should tell you what and what you should bring and discuss your application with you and what you should do in absence of some documents

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2016
Mimi56:
Hi guys! I applied for SA Visa and I was given the usual 3months which will eventually be stamped 1 month ...my submission was 2weeks ago and today I went for my collection at the vfs lekki, only to discover I was given a single entry?
Was there an issue in my application? Can anyone please tell me why I got a single entry?
I was hoping to travel next week and during x-mas too with the same visa,but it's all gone differently.

Have you travelled to SA before ? if your answer is no the consular officer adhere to their rules (though unwritten).it is very rare to see a first time traveller getting a multiple entry visa,except in some embassies where multiple entries is a Standard.....just go on your trip and return for renewal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jargo192: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2016
Solatium:

Have you travelled to SA before ? if your answer is no the consular officer adhere to their rules (though unwritten).it is very rare to see a first time traveller getting a multiple entry visa,except in some embassies where multiple entries is a Standard.....just go on your trip and return for renewal

LAGOS EMBASSY ALWAYS GIVES SINGLE ENTRY. ABUJA ALWAYS MULTIPLE. TAKE NOTE
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ptosyn: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello everyone,

Who have an idea how long it takes for a study visa to be processed in Abuja?

Thank you and great week ahead
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks. I got you now.you can have ten days to enter the republic but at point hey can stamp you to stay one month.i will quote you when am in on what's up.i intend to enter Nairobi for 3 days also and guinea and enter the republic again before heading back to Los
vozkini:

I was given 2 weeks to stay on my visa. But at the point of entry. The immigration officer stamped 1 month for me but the truth is I usually stay not more than 7 days. The one month is even useless for me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
jargo192:

LAGOS EMBASSY ALWAYS GIVES SINGLE ENTRY. ABUJA ALWAYS MULTIPLE. TAKE NOTE

Says who? a friend got a single entry on his first application and multiple on second,same as myself and it was through Lagos Center....They Weigh the risk of you not returning against your return and base their decision on their observations.don't get it twisted

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ptosyn: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Is it advisable to contact South African High Commission in Abuja to process ones application faster? If it is, do they really respond to ones query?

Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello house. I'm trying to apply for my student permit against January 2017b and I have just 2 questions.

1. I learnt that the Police clearance certificate can now be obtained in other locations beside Alagbon. I will like to know if the SA embassy does not have a problem with obtaining it elsewhere, I plan to get mine in Ibadan.

2. If one is going on full scholarship, does one still need to have a huge sum of money in one's account. Can someone kindly give me an idea of how much I should have in my account?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
2fine2fast:
Hello house. I'm trying to apply for my student permit against January 2017b and I have just 2 questions.

1. I learnt that the Police clearance certificate can now be obtained in other locations beside Alagbon. I will like to know if the SA embassy does not have a problem with obtaining it elsewhere, I plan to get mine in Ibadan.

2. If one is going on full scholarship, does one still need to have a huge sum of money in one's account. Can someone kindly give me an idea of how much I should have in my account?
Thanks in anticipation.
You can get police character certificate anywhere. I got mine in Port-Harcourt, though it is more expensive cos they send it to Lagos for processing according to the police who did mine in PH
I don't know about the scholarship thing but I know you will need a fat statement of account
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ptosyn: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
@2fine2fast how long did the police clearance take?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
@wine4dguy..... Appreciate that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.