Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:18 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1708625 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2016
favoursochima5:
I just need to leave nigeria.
And hustle for greener pastures abroad..
I need help.

Don't be decieved, there is no greener pasture in South Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
@ staggerlee
Have a solid plan before you leave.
There are too many immigrants from neighboring countries who are doing the hustling jobs in South Africa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
please who has paid for the momentum medical aid recently. I have been trying to pay with uba MasterCard, but I am having difficulties. Please, I need help here and it's urgent. Please, kindly help here.

cc
staggerlee
SamuelUmoh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Stowaway found dead on Arik Air plane in Johannesburg
The lifeless body of a stowaway was on Wednesday found in the main wheel well of one of Arik Air’s A330-200 aircraft at the Oliver Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg.

The airline confirmed the incident in a statement by its Communications Manager, Ola Adebanji, a copy of which was obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos.

According to the airline, the aircraft operated the scheduled Lagos-Johannesburg flight that departed the Murtala Muhammed International Airport at 3:55 p.m. on Tuesday and arrived in Johannesburg shortly before 11 p.m.

It said engineers of South African Airways Technical facility at the Oliver Tambo International Airport, where the aircraft was scheduled for a routine maintenance check, discovered the body of the stowaway during the inspection phase.

The airline said investigations were ongoing to determine how the stowaway found his way into the aircraft’s main wheel well.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/216717-stowaway-found-dead-arik-air-plane-johannesburg.html
Pathetic. Escape gone bad.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please guys I wanto start my study permit application next month, my questions are

1. My Aunty is my sponsor and she lives in US, and we dont have the same surname, can I use her US bank statement of account as she would be scanning it and sending to my mail with her passport page.

2. How should the letter of sponsorship be written so I can send her the format.

Thanks.
cc : staggerlee , Samuelumoh, et al
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dexcmd:
Please guys I wanto start my study permit application next month, my questions are

1. My Aunty is my sponsor and she lives in US, and we dont have the same surname, can I use her US bank statement of account as she would be scanning it and sending to my mail with her passport page.

2. How should the letter of sponsorship be written so I can send her the format.

Thanks.
cc : staggerlee , Samuelumoh, et al

Yes you can use her bank statement, as per the sponsorship letter you can write it in any format just make sure it contains relevant information
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
staggerlee:

Yes you can use her bank statement, as per the sponsorship letter you can write it in any format just make sure it contains relevant information

Thanks, relevant information like what ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
please who has paid for the momentum medical aid recently. I have been trying to pay with uba MasterCard, but I am having difficulties. Please, I need help here and it's urgent. Please, kindly help here.
cc
staggerlee
SamuelUmoh
justwise
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=Dexcmd post=51517267]Please guys I wanto start my study permit application next month, my questions are

2. How should the letter of sponsorship be written so I can send her the format.Yes she can be your sponsor irrespective of her surname .Let her ceftify the bank statement ,letter and pasprt data page or means of Identification .The letter can be in any format but details of both parties must be clearly stated .Sample
I Mrs Access arik ....with passport number thereby write to this effect that the postgraduate studies of Mr Google sox wil be sponsored by me .He is intelligent and a young man of great aspiration . Sample 2 This is to notify the South African Embassy that I .......with passport number will sponsor the postgraduate studies of mr .......
He has been admitted at Uni......to study Law .All his expenses and tuition fees will be taken care of by me during his stay in the Republic of SA
Regards
( signature )
Arik

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
danshy:
cc
staggerlee
SamuelUmoh
justwise
Inform your bank of the challenges you are facing or discuss with your friend who assisted you with the admission process in SA .Perhaps you can send money to his Nigerian acc for him to pay for you. The rate these days are scaring and alarming that why people are extremely careful when paying for someone in Nigeria ,otherwise they do so at their own peril .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
samuelUMOH:

Inform your bank of the challenges you are facing or discuss with your friend who assisted you with the admission process in SA .Perhaps you can send money to his Nigerian acc for him to pay for you. The rate these days are scaring and alarming that why people are extremely careful when paying for someone in Nigeria ,otherwise they do so at their own peril .

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odehbrainard: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2016
i got the visa finally on the 23rd, leaving next week, my leave was extended for a further 2weeks,i am most grateful to you for helping me wait it through, johannesburg now,then italy,france and germany next, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Dexcmd:

Thanks, relevant information like what ?

I just can't fathom how someone going for a PG study in South Africa will not know how to put a sponsorship letter together. That's why I ignored. I read one time that 90% of Nigerians that were denied student visas into the UK, were denied because they couldn't even fill the visa application form correctly, now I believe that story 100%.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2016
staggerlee:

I just can't fathom how someone going for a PG study in South Africa will not know how to put a sponsorship letter together. That's why I ignored. I read one time that 90% of Nigerians that were denied student visas into the UK, were denied because they couldn't even fill the visa application form correctly, now I believe that story 100%.
Oh like I asked you here how to write my Personal Statement or Research Intention that got me admitted?
You know you could have just ignored and don't reply, well I now understand when they say age doesn't prove maturity.
You sound so pained like we're responsible for the negative things going on in your life. I remember when you were telling people to do away from SA schools and go to western schools like you play a role in their lives. Now SA schools are open like nothing ever happened.
Man quit hating people's progress I see you put this crab up as you saw I've gotten a better reply.
I can't even be worried that's how you do. Why is it that it's only you that brings nuisance to this thrend and most people here have once had a clash with you ? This thrend once had Manager00, CollinsFBI, Typop etc that never became a problem. Check yourself bro you may need deliverance. ;DD grin
don't even quote me, ain't gonna reply !!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=samuelUMOH post=51526016][/quote]

Thanks a bunch bro. I had no either it was going to be certified. kiss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dexcmd:

Oh like I asked you here how to write my Personal Statement or Research Intention that got me admitted?
You know you could have just ignored and don't reply, well I now understand when they say age doesn't prove maturity.
You sound so pained like we're responsible for the negative things going on in your life. I remember when you were telling people to do away from SA schools and go to western schools like you play a role in their lives. Now SA schools are open like nothing ever happened.
Man quit hating people's progress I see you put this crab up as you saw I've gotten a better reply.
I can't even be worried that's how you do. Why is it that it's only you that brings nuisance to this thrend and most people here have once had a clash with you ? This thrend once had Manager00, CollinsFBI, Typop etc that never became a problem. Check yourself bro you may need deliverance. ;DD grin

The ting pain you say I revealed that you lack knowledge to write sponsorship letter. Wow!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
favoursochima5:
I just need to leave nigeria.
And hustle for greener pastures abroad..
I need help.

Look elsewhere but not SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dexcmd:

BTW, why should I hate your progress, do I know you? Truth is what I say here, I make lots of money from getting admission for people in schoos I have relationship with but that won't stop me from saying the truth that sa schools are on the down slide, imagine schools that were closed for over 6 weeks and now writing exams in dec just to meet up, a lot didn't finish their syllabuses, yet they are writing exams!security search everyone before entrying some schools, is that not falling standards. No south african school is ranked top 200 in the world again. So why won't I tell people to move to western schools if they can afford it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
staggerlee:

BTW, why should I hate your progress, do I know you? Truth is what I say here, I make lots of money from getting admission for people in schoos I have relationship with but that won't stop me from saying the truth that sa schools are on the down slide, imagine schools that were closed for over 6 weeks and now writing exams in dec just to meet up, a lot didn't finish their syllabuses, yet they are writing exams!security search everyone before entrying some schools, is that not falling standards. No south african school is ranked top 200 in the world again. So why won't I tell people to move to western schools if they can afford it?

I think we should be civilize about how we respond to ourself on this trend. It's better to let some things slide through than try to prove unnecessary things. I've not been answering some questions on this trend for a while now because I discovered many questions people ask have already been well discussed earlier. They just have to read up.

I think anybody going to study in South african right now knows what's at stake before going there. They have profound knowledge the western schools are much better and expensive. There's a reason they are here and not in us or Canada trend.

...what I'm saying in essence is that at the end of the day everybody have he or herself to blame for any decision they made. It's nobody's business and its hard changing what they already have in mind for a while now. Moreover which would you have preferred right now studying in Nigeria or in Sa? We all know there's no competition in that.

So Let's not derail and start unnecessary baseless argument. Thanks you.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
staggerlee:

So why won't I tell people to move to western schools if they can afford it?
Sorry brother, but let me say this, most people that come here don't have south Africa as their first choice. Like you said your self money is the factor. Pls, since you know about Sa schools, why is it taking long to process admissions? Is it because of the protests or they just dont have an efficient system.
i put in for nmmu and ukzn both honours. Any info will be of help thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nulasco:

I think we should be civilize about how we respond to ourself on this thrend. It's better to let some things slide through than try to prove unnecessary things. I've not been answering some questions on this thrend for a while now because I discovered many questions people ask have already been well discussed earlier. They just have to read up.

I think anybody going to study in South african right now knows what's at stake before going there. They have profound knowledge the western schools are much better and expensive. There's a reason they are here and not in us or Canada trend.

...what I'm saying in essence is that at the end of the day everybody have he or herself to blame for any decision they made. It's nobody's business and its hard changing what they already have in mind for a while now. Moreover which would you have preferred right now studying in Nigeria or in Sa? We all know there's no competition in that.

So Let's not derail and start unnecessary baseless argument. Thanks you.

Bro you have time replying him. He's best ignored. I already wrote Toefl on Nov 18 and writing Gre by January just to tell you I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. The thing is most US public schools application already ended for spring and summer so I applied for Fall which is far because I've to be back nothing later than 2018. So I have my reason to start my postgraduate plan in SA by next year Jan/Feb.

God Bless !!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
Flyerik:

I applied by myself at Lagos. I got in six working days. Submit all requested and be very clear what your intentions are in your introductory letter

Bros yours came out early ooooo.... did you use fast track? I submitted mine in Lagos on the 18th of November and still no message from them indicating that my Visa is ready.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ladylco: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
dame134:

Bros yours came out early ooooo.... did you use fast track? I submitted mine in Lagos on the 18th of November and still no message from them indicating that my Visa is ready.

Same with someone I know, he submitted on 18/11/16 too yet no response till now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
pls what's thrend?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Kentrasso:
pls what's thrend?
Trend*
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
staggerlee:

Check your facts sir!

University of Cape town is ranked 120 in the world. Better placed than a lot of western schools.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
beebwai:

Sorry brother, but let me say this, most people that come here don't have south Africa as their first choice. Like you said your self money is the factor. Pls, since you know about Sa schools, why is it taking long to process admissions? Is it because of the protests or they just dont have an efficient system.
i put in for nmmu and ukzn both honours. Any info will be of help thanks.

Yes the protests earlier in the year is the major factor for delay, most schools are writing exams and a lot of schools are still not fully open, like CPUT now admission and fees office are still closed and its only students that have exams that are screened in.
So for a lot of applicants you might get a response in January if at all but some already have got their response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Processor01:

Check your facts sir!

University of Cape town is ranked 120 in the world. Better placed than a lot of western schools.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

UCT is the only SA university that is ranked in in the world's top 200 universities and are in 191 for 2016, by jan they will drop out for 2017
Historical DataScoreRank
World University Rankings 201648=191
World University Rankings 201557.8171
World University Rankings 201462=141
World University Rankings 201360.5=145

Before we had Wits, Strllenbosch, UP allmaking top 200 before
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
staggerlee:

UCT is the only SA university that is ranked in in the world's top 200 universities and are in 191 for 2016, by jan they will drop out for 2017
Historical DataScoreRank
World University Rankings 201648=191
World University Rankings 201557.8171
World University Rankings 201462=141
World University Rankings 201360.5=145

Before we had Wits, Strllenbosch, UP allmaking top 200 before
Atleast all these schools once ranked top 200. 3,4 are still in top 500(UCt,wits,Up,stellenbosh), almost 10 South African schools are in top 1000(+UJ,Ukzn,Uwc). They having upto 5/7 universities in Top 10 in Africa. Which Nigeria University is in top 1000? Only 1 even made Top 10 in Africa.

Atleast I have some friends doing Msc Phd in all these Western Schools that are not even among the Top 200 or 500 in the world. How many people are going to Harvard, Oxford, MIT, Stanford, Manitoba, WesternOntario and the likes ??

Baba bone that talk, mey everybody go where hin wan go jare.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Processor01:

Check your facts sir!

Google world university ranking that what they use to judge schools, if you have ever done any job interview outside africa and they need to rate your school then you will understand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nulasco:

Atleast all these schools once ranked top 200. 3,4 are still in top 500(UCt,wits,Up,stellenbosh), almost 10 South African schools are in top 1000(+UJ,Ukzn,Uwc). They having upto 5/7 universities in Top 10 in Africa. Which Nigeria University is in top 1000? Only 1 even made Top 10 in Africa.

Atleast I have some friends doing Msc Phd in all these Western Schools that are not even among the Top 200 or 500 in the world. How many people are going to Harvard, Oxford, MIT, Stanford, Manitoba, WesternOntario and the likes ??

Baba bone that talk, mey everybody go where hin wan go jare.

No one has said don't go to any school you want to school just stating the SA schools' standerd are falling. No one has compared Nigerian schools with other SA schools

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (912) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.