Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726114 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nairaking1: 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
congrats
umoskisamuel:
yeah. finally got the visa after three weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LEMVEG(m): 8:08am On Feb 22, 2017
Teed89:
Thanks

Thanks OmoBendel24 and Kentrasso. Please I will like to know if I can pay for 1 or 2 nights and pay for other nights if I get there (if I would stay longer in the hotel oh). I intend to stay a night or 2 in the hotel and move to my friends place. I just want to visit for 9days. Or should I just kuku pay for everything?

Thanks for helping out
i was going through this thread and and saw this.. i am currently in johanesburg operating a hotel that belongs to a Nigerian.. go to bookings.com search for bruno comfort suite olivedale johanesburg. call the contact number there INDICATE you got it through nairaland we secure bookings for nigerians visiting south africa. with proof of payments sent directly to you because thats one vital document you will need both in MMA and OR tambo as immigration officers call us to confirm.. i decided not to drop my contact here. because you need to knw what you are booking for.. our least room go as low as 7000 naira a night which is close to 387ZAR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys. The training I applied for and used in my application is supposed to kick off next week and still no Visa by this time, I submitted since 3rd of Feb. I hope incase the visa dosent come this week it will not affect the decision. Just a thought that came thats why Im asking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2017
[You don't need anyone from your school to get SAQA done. Get your certificate handy (Not Notification of result), Data page of ur Passport, WAEC result with result checker, get all notarized from a Lawyer(go to Ministry of Justice in Alausa Secretariat if u r in Lagos, it N300/page) & go to SAQA website to print consent form & make payment(Use GTBank MasterCard). Then Courier it to them. Let me know if u need more info... author=Adewole17 post=53918039]Hi everyone, I have been offered a phd scholarship at the UCT, Pls i need information on SAQA first, pls do we have anyone from Fedpoly Ado that did SAQA? pls how do they respond?

Thanks[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibfred(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Still waiting for my study visa to UCT. I called today and was told they are handling applications submitted on the 26th of January (I also submitted that day), hopefully I'll get my visa this week as orientation starts next week. Fingers crossed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:21am On Feb 22, 2017
REPOST
Trevor Noah Posts

There are about 2.3 million Immigrants living in South Africa, this number includes other Africans, Chinese, Bangladeshi, Indians, middle easterners and Europeans who are not born in SA. out of this number, only 1.6 million are Africans. The 1.6 MILLION Africans mostly run small shops, vending, service industries etc. They may lay claim to less than 0.00001% of wealth in SA.

Whites in South Africa makes up about 8.7% of the population and controls over 85% wealth. Though there are increases in black CEOs and managers, these are mere servants and just a optical presentations. There are about 6000 Europeans families who own over 85% of agricultural lands in south Africa. So when I hear south Africans claiming that other Africans are competing with them on dwindling/scarce resources, I say that your anger and outrage is misplaced. African immigrants don't own lands, don't run companies, don't own mining companies, don't operate trophy hunting companies, do not ship out capital to European banks.

Yours is a complete misplaced anger, prejudice and xenophobia built up out of inferiority complex created by decades of apartheid and oppression. I don't see fellow African as a competitor but a fellow compatriot who is struggling to feed his family and have some comfort in this short life-time. If you feel undeserved in wealth distribution, please research again who controls that wealth and it has nothing to do with some Nigerian, Zimbabwean or Mozambican working in a restaurant or Ethiopian running a small shop, or a Ghanaian mechanic working hard in the sun.

There is zero excuse to hate or despise any African at all, there are no merits for it and it's baseless at best. When African Immigrants living in SA start owning like 20% of wealth and not hiring SA natives, then I will be on the streets with you to protest. Till then, if you hate fellow African for simply running a simple store, you are nothing but a buffoon, slowpoke who was prematurely circumcised and never grew up. Base your hate on facts, not inferiority complex. That's all.

8 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2017
Silvabae:
Hi guys. The training I applied for and used in my application is supposed to kick off next week and still no Visa by this time, I submitted since 3rd of Feb. I hope incase the visa dosent come this week it will not affect the decision. Just a thought that came thats why Im asking.

call the embassy and explain to them ............where did u submit your application to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017
janekerr:

I am in South Africa already
Good to know. Still hoping on mine this week. Stay safe.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xreal: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
@ justwise and co.

A colleague has just been denied visiting visa to SA. I saw his documents before submission.
All his papers were genuine, financial status is also very ok (even SA embassy agreed to that). Their reason for denial was that they weren't convinced that he would return.
He has once visited SA and was there for a week.

He is so disappointed, because his intention was to spend the coming Easter break in SA.

My question is, what can he do next?

He needs to know whatever actions to take.

He submitted in Abuja.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
friendly101:

call the embassy and explain to them ............where did u submit your application to?
Vfs Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
Silvabae:

Vfs Lagos

ok.put a call tru to them and tell them ur situation. wink[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
xreal:
@ justwise and co.

A colleague has just been denied visiting visa to SA. I saw his documents before submission.
All his papers were genuine, financial status is also very ok (even SA embassy agreed to that). Their reason for denial was that they weren't convinced that he would return.
He has once visited SA and was there for a week.

He is so disappointed, because his intention was to spend the coming Easter break in SA.

My question is, what can he do next?

He needs to know whatever actions to take.

He submitted in Abuja.

Thanks.
Did they indicate on the paper attached to that passport that they are sure he would return or did the reason say "unconvincing documents". For you to say they stated that its a little bit confusing. And when did his last Visa expire?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
friendly101:

ok.put a call tru to them and tell them ur situation. wink[color=#770077][/color]
Called them. They are still working on Jan and I told her its for a training she said she still can't tell me when it will be ready. I think they dont listen all the messages are steriotyped they dont even want to listen to why you called.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mohayaks: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ibfred:
Still waiting for my study visa to UCT. I called today and was told they are handling applications submitted on the 26th of January (I also submitted that day), hopefully I'll get my visa this week as orientation starts next week. Fingers crossed.
Please do UCT requires SAQA evaluation for postgraduate application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by temmyt20(m): 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
my visa was denied: reason given was dat my hotel reservation was canceled therefore i av to reapply. couldn't they av said i shld just rebook an hotel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ladylco: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
Am interested in buying a property in SA, any advise on how to go about this will be highly appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:
my visa was denied: reason given was dat my hotel reservation was canceled therefore i av to reapply. couldn't they av said i shld just rebook an hotel?
Pele.

Looks like they are just refusing people anyhow.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xreal: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
Silvabae:

Did they indicate on the paper attached to that passport that they are sure he would return or did the reason say "unconvincing documents". For you to say they stated that its a little bit confusing. And when did his last Visa expire?

No, they only said "they weren't convinced of his return". Nothing more.

His Visa, expired June 2014.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:
They're just looking for reason to denial. Probably they didn't finalize your Visa application before the date of the check in at the hotel. I mean why would the hotel not cancel the reservation when you didn't arrive on the check in date and after undecided

Lagos is too slow these days. What's happening gan sef angry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:

please always keep in touch with your hotel till your visa is out............it is very neccessar.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by temmyt20(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
friendly101:

please always keep in touch with your hotel till your visa is out............it is very neccessar.
any idea if i can appeal?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:

appeal or reapply?
when is your travel date?
what are you going to do in sa? visiting or conference?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xreal: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:

how?
and what it takes to appeal.

who can help, pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by temmyt20(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
friendly101:

appeal or reapply?
when is your travel date?
what are you going to do in sa? visiting or conference?
appeal: some countries allow u to appeal their decisions, dnt kno if SA allows such.
was just going for holls. was suppose to go on 4th of feb. bt if i cant appeal. wld b going for easter. which hotel and airline wld u suggest i make reservations with. i no wan hear story say na hotel/ airline mess up nxt time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
Larrywax2016:
[You don't need anyone from your school to get SAQA done. Get your certificate handy (Not Notification of result), Data page of ur Passport, WAEC result with result checker, get all notarized from a Lawyer(go to Ministry of Justice in Alausa Secretariat if u r in Lagos, it N300/page) & go to SAQA website to print consent form & make payment(Use GTBank MasterCard). Then Courier it to them. Let me know if u need more info... author=Adewole17 post=53918039]Hi everyone, I have been offered a phd scholarship at the UCT, Pls i need information on SAQA first, pls do we have anyone from Fedpoly Ado that did SAQA? pls how do they respond?

Thanks

Hi Larrywax, My SAQa status online now says 'Complete'. Pls how long can it take to get it? Also do i need it for visa, cos one friend of mine dere said i do not need it that i should go apply for Visa ASap. Thanks for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:

appeal: some countries allow u to appeal their decisions, dnt kno if SA allows such.
was just going for holls. was suppose to go on 4th of feb. bt if i cant appeal. wld b going for easter. which hotel and airline wld u suggest i make reservations with. i no wan hear story say na hotel/ airline mess up nxt time.

book via booking.com and after the confirmation from booking.com call the hotel directly and tell them to send you a confirmation directly. make sure u keep update them.
as for the airline book saa.com.

Try reapply and don't waste time appealing.
in your personal introduction letter explain to them why the reservation expired and also make them understand why your leave was adjust so as to meet up with your trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:
Don't know maybe this post will help.....
i was going through this thread and and saw this.. i am currently in johanesburg operating a hotel that belongs to a Nigerian.. go to bookings.com search for bruno comfort suite olivedale johanesburg. call the contact number there INDICATE you got it through nairaland we secure bookings for nigerians visiting south africa. with proof of payments sent directly to you because thats one vital document you will need both in MMA and OR tambo as immigration officers call us to confirm.. i decided not to drop my contact here. because you need to knw what you are booking for.. our least room go as low as 7000 naira a night which is close to 387ZAR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AroogzBaba: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
You do not need the SAQA for your Postgraduate application to UCT. However, I would say it doesn't hurt to have it done as I guess it should come in handy in the long-term.
Adewole17:

Hi Larrywax, My SAQa status online now says 'Complete'. Pls how long can it take to get it? Also do i need it for visa, cos one friend of mine dere said i do not need it that i should go apply for Visa ASap. Thanks for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by temmyt20(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
friendly101:

book via booking.com and after the confirmation from booking.com call the hotel directly and tell them to send you a confirmation directly. make sure u keep update them.
as for the airline book saa.com.

Femcesc07:
Don't know maybe this post will help.....
i was going through this thread and and saw this.. i am currently in johanesburg operating a hotel that belongs to a Nigerian..

noted. thnks, rly appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
temmyt20:

noted. thnks, rly appreciate
Your welcome man
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Femcesc07:
Your welcome man
You know you will pay new application money?, and for appeal I think you need a Lawyer if it was an agent that applied he will know how to go about. And You have 10days from today to file your appeal. I'm praying now cs your rejection touched me and I have not seen mine and their delay shouldnt be an avenue to start creating problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.