Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1725680 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
mrpunter:
Please guys what is the situation with xenophobia now in SA and I will be leaving through Kenya Airways. Last time I went to SA it was through Rwandair, whose BTA was 2000 rands...what is the bta for Kenya airways. Thanks guys

Pls i am interested in this; kindly throw more light on this,; what of SA Airline as well?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
Gud evening everyone. I have an area bro who is going for holiday during easter period. He is just 18. His uncle with different surname wants to give him his statement of account with 900k balance with good inflow and outflow. I am also thinking of adding my own with 1m balance but d inflow and outflow is not that gud. Considering the fact that we all don't have the same surname, shud he use his uncle's own alone or in should add mine? Abeg o.Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Juwohn:
Thanks house, finally he got the much anticipated VISA last week friday, now in South Africa registered at WITS.
Thanks for the advices.

Been hoping on this testimony, it's good to not give up. Congrats to him.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2017
satihel:
Good morning all
I saw this thread and was encouraged at the level of feedback and successes in visa application.

Please i need help. My husband was denied the south African visa at the Abuja office some time in January 2017. The reason of his visa reques was for a medical residency exchange program at the university of Kwazulu natal SA. We attached the relevant documents and also a letter of invitation from the school describing the details of the program.

In the rejection letter, they stated that if he attempts to re-apply, his application would not be attended to until 6 months from the date the rejection letter was issued. Unfortunately his program has started, and we had paid for his return ticket. This has made us shift his flight with its attendant cost. (very depressing). The reason for rejection were that the documents "not convincing" or credible (PS.All documents were legitimate)

My question is "can we reapply NOW despite the warning stated on the rejection letter. We had called some visa agencies and the feedback were mixed as some said nothing could be done about it until 6 months later and others said we should disregard the warning and reapply. The cost of reapplication and the possible shift in flight is really mind and pocket draining for us.

Kindly advice on what to do please.

@satihel please tell him to reapply in Lagos. Same thing happened to my friend in Abuja, coincidentally he is also a medical doctor. They denied him saying that he used fake documents despite the fact that all his documents were genuine. He reapplied in Lagos same week he was denied in Abuja and his visa came out about 4 weeks later. I hope this helps someone. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bushbar: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
]pls friends am new here,
I have a friend who is from SA, she want me to come over there, pls I want to know how and what her invitation letter will contain or look like,
Am pls how much is SA visa now ,and how much is the flight ticket, and how much can I use as my BTA. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chizzyconcept(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
[color=][/color]Pls how much is visa fee for study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babaelemu: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
chizzyconcept:
[color=][/color]Pls how much is visa fee for study permit.
South Africa doesn't worth all the stress you guys are going through. Visas, permit, accommodation, etc. I came to south Africa in 2008 and most of my peers have left because they just couldn't survive in the system. The truth about sa is that there are no jobs (forget your degree) especially if you didn't migrate from southern Africa. You will always stands out and treated differently that's just the plain truth. I learned in hard away and the experience broaden my orientation that life is easy and to always be satisfied with what you have. If you are coming to sa without good plans please don't try it (its better you go to US, Canada, Australia, where you can pick tomatoes on the farm and in few years you can afford to build a mansion back home). I have lived 8 years in sa I have valid asylum seeker since 2009 (use it to work, open bank account (FNB) study in unisa & pc training) i have work permit, I have lesotho passport and ID, I have a daughter citizen and I staying with my girl friend so paper is not problem. Without steeping into sa you can get work permit, permanent resident, Lesotho passport and ID if you have money why is because their officials are corrupt just like every other black African officials. But with all these papers getting a job is a miracle with your degree or not.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elijah101(m): 5:29am On Mar 19, 2017
Sent you an email
Babaelemu:
South Africa doesn't worth all the stress you guys are going through. Visas, permit, accommodation, etc. I came to south Africa in 2008 and most of my peers have left because they just couldn't survive in the system. The truth about sa is that there are no jobs (forget your degree) especially if you didn't migrate from southern Africa. You will always stands out and treated differently that's just the plain truth. I learned in hard away and the experience broaden my orientation that life is easy and to always be satisfied with what you have. If you are coming to sa without good plans please don't try it (its better you go to US, Canada, Australia, where you can pick tomatoes on the farm and in few years you can afford to build a mansion back home). I have lived 8 years in sa I have valid asylum seeker since 2009 (use it to work, open bank account (FNB) study in unisa & pc training) i have work permit, I have lesotho passport and ID, I have a daughter citizen and I staying with my girl friend so paper is not problem. Without steeping into sa you can get work permit, permanent resident, Lesotho passport and ID if you have money why is because their officials are corrupt just like every other black African officials. But with all these papers getting a job is a miracle with your degree or not.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nonxo007(m): 6:55am On Mar 19, 2017
bushbar:
I have a friend who is from SA, she want me to come over there, pls I want to know how and what her invitation letter will contain or look like,
Am pls how much is SA visa now ,and how much is the flight ticket, and how much can I use as my BTA.
have you gotten anyhelo yet or succeeded in getting over ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nonxo007(m): 7:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Anyone traveling to SA soon for migration?? I need a coolheaded person who we can both share an apartment together so as to reduce expenses... And a good intentioned person who seeks to legally make the best out of life in SA....holla me if u interested...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cupid007: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
i need help with paying saqa fees...advise pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldsummer: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
Going to sa tomorrow for about a week. I did booking.com and after payment of 600usd, I got a mail from the hotel confirming the dates. When I asked for a receipt, they said they don't issue receipt u til I get there.

My question is, hope there won't be a problem at the immigration.

Please help needes urgently
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
coldsummer:
Going to sa tomorrow for about a week. I did booking.com and after payment of 600usd, I got a mail from the hotel confirming the dates. When I asked for a receipt, they said they don't issue receipt u til I get there.

My question is, hope there won't be a problem at the immigration.

Please help needes urgently

Show proof of payment and print out the emails
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
Babaelemu:
Dear nairalander all you can get when you are in Nigeria is fake Lesotho passport fake SA ID and fake SA permanent residence permit. I agree with you that there is no job in SA but some Nigerians are still getting a valid and a good job in SA. I met Nigeria here in SA that are using Asylum permit then using fake work permit too. I know about 5 Nigerians. Then please don't confuse people here. You can get job in South Africa if you have skills and experience that they are wanted but the truth of the matter is that jobs are limited in SA and they don't want foreigners especially Nigerians anyone. Lastly my people please please and please don't come to SA to hustle. You can not get anything out of it. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
bushbar:
Am pls how much is SA visa now ,and how much is the flight ticket, and how much can I use as my BTA.
If you have money you can for visit. If you want to stay beyond your visa you will regret it because you can not extend your visa then you will become illegal immigrant. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Richystar4: 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
I submitted my application on 6th March 2017 and I received a text message on 17th March, 2017 that is ready and I got my Visiting Visa today.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Wummih: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
[b][/b]
bellville:
I lived at UWC's Hector Petersen residence for about 6months. I had a great time staying there. I had to leave the hostel because my pregnancy due date was approaching. If you can afford it, I strongly recommend the university's residence. I was allocated a one-man room with steady internet access 24/7. I mean superfast internet. You would be able to access loads of research materials online as the university subscribes to international journals, if you stay in the hostel. Other pecks: easy laundry using the hostel's washing machine.

Bellville/Belhar isn't so safe. It's a coloured community with a lot of junkies. Don't move around at night. Conduct your business during the day and retire to your room as early as possible.

For grocery shopping, join a bus to Hyper Parrow (pronounced perrow). There's a big shopping mall there. With time you will get to know where the African/naija shops are.
I'm glad quoting you on this again as everything you said was so on point. I stayed with a friend at HPR for about 2weeks and the resident goodies was on point, Wi-Fi, badminton at night, store at the res, shuttle at every hr to and fro from res to school etc. Fact is the res is even quite cheaper than outside accommodation and you have to pay only when you're leaving or renewing after a year about R20k+
I had to move to belhar cos res couldn't provide me accommodation till July. Bellville/belhar isn't safe during the day not talk of night. Lots of junkies smoking around. My Cameroonian neighbor that schools at CPUT has being robbed countless times during daylight, his phone robbed 6times in the last 3years at either knife point or gun point. I was surprised my landlord saying when I walk in the neighborhood or at Capetown generally I should keep my phone in my pocket always and be vigilant in buses even during the day. Infact I was advice when I leave school late due to research or the likes I should use Uber or taxify to drop me right at the gate and wait till i open and go in safely. almost R50 for what I spend R5 on taxi at day time.
When I go get something at Tuk shops in the neighborhood all I see the coloured buying is cigarettes, even the teenage. They roam around more starting from 8pm. Even at 6am people are being robbed. There's this cape town airport mall with shopright and the likes close to that area, KFC had to close down at the mall due to the high robbery always. I use to wonder why the police are doing nothing about this.

On the stores, we join train to Salt river. bought lots of meat, tomato, onions at relative cheaper prices. I haven't been to parrow yet.

sorry for the long talk

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bellville: 8:08am On Mar 22, 2017
Wummih:
[b][/b]
I'm glad quoting you on this again as everything you said was so on point. I stayed with a friend at HPR for about 2weeks and the resident goodies was on point, Wi-Fi, badminton at night, store at the res, shuttle at every hr to and fro from res to school etc. Fact is the res is even quite cheaper than outside accommodation and you have to pay only when you're leaving or renewing after a year about R20k+
I had to move to belhar cos res couldn't provide me accommodation till July. Bellville/belhar isn't safe during the day not talk of night. Lots of junkies smoking around. My Cameroonian neighbor that schools at CPUT has being robbed countless times during daylight, his phone robbed 6times in the last 3years at either knife point or gun point. I was surprised my landlord saying when I walk in the neighborhood or at Capetown generally I should keep my phone in my pocket always and be vigilant in buses even during the day. Infact I was advice when I leave school late due to research or the likes I should use Uber or taxify to drop me right at the gate and wait till i open and go in safely. almost R50 for what I spend R5 on taxi at day time.
When I go get something at Tuk shops in the neighborhood all I see the coloured buying is cigarettes, even the teenage. They roam around more starting from 8pm. Even at 6am people are being robbed. There's this cape town airport mall with shopright and the likes close to that area, KFC had to close down at the mall due to the high robbery always. I use to wonder why the police are doing nothing about this.

On the stores, we join train to Salt river. bought lots of meat, tomato, onions at relative cheaper prices. I haven't been to parrow yet.

sorry for the long talk
I am glad you have finally settled in. The insecurity must have worsened over the years. I could recall an incident that happened while I was at hpr . A passerby through a stone right into my room while I was reading at the table. The window panes were shattered and a piece of glass nearly got into my eyes.. My Canadian colleague moved around with pepper spray always. It was that bad.

In. spite of this, I enjoyed my stay. Research was easy.

And you mentioned Salt river. Very nostalgic. I used to travel that distance to get the local pap ogi. It was my pregnancy fetish.

Nice to hear from you again.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2017
Thecassanova:

Been hoping on this testimony, it's good to not give up. Congrats to him.

Thanks soo much.. I appreciate your counsels.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bushbar: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
please you guys should clear me,
I have a fiancee who is from SA, she want me to come over for us to get married,, pls what kinda of visa should I apply for, am how will her invitation look like (what and what will she include in the invitation ) how much is SA visa,ticket , and BTA .
please I need urgent answers, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omegainterior: 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pls house I need advice on Wat to do as regards my denial visiting visa application. I submitted on the 6th of Feb,my scheduled flight was on the 23rd of Feb. After long wait I finally got a collection msg on the 20th of March. Meanwhile I was denied on the ground that my hotel reservation has been cancelled. This application took the embassy 6 gud weeks to decide, so wu on earth will keep a hotel reservation for that long.... Pls advice me on wat to do...thanks in anticipation house
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello my good people

Can some one help me with. Email address of Lagos Embassy
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
liv123:
Hello my good people

Can some one help me with. Email address of Lagos Embassy
Thanks
No emails. Call them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:21am On Mar 23, 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said the latest attack at a motor park in Polokwane in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, in which two Nigerians were involved, was not a xenophobic attack.

The ministry in a statement signed by its spokesperson Clement Aduku, noted that though there was no reported loss of live involving any Nigerians, two Nigerians were said to be injured and properties destroyed in the latest fracas.

The federal government however, called on the South African authorities to live up to expectation in maintaining law and order as well as the protection of lives and properties, particularly of foreign nationals.

The ministry lamented the incident is coming barely few days both Nigerian and South African Governments successfully proffered solution to the issue of xenophobic attacks against foreigners in South Africa.

Part of the statement read: “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has received reports of alleged renewed attacks on Nigerians in South Africa. Such reports, coming on the heels of the recently concluded and highly successful dual-layered engagement with top officials and parliamentarians in South Africa, including members of the civil society, give cause for concern.

“Contrary to media reports, the recent incident was a scuffle that took place on March 14, 2017 in a motor park in Polokwane in the Limpopo Province in which two Nigerians were injured one of who has already been discharged from the hospital and the other receiving treatment.

“The ministry has received no report of casualty or death of any Nigerian in this latest altercation though some properties were reportedly destroyed in the ensuing escalation. From all indications, the recent incident does not constitute xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.”

The statement however assured that Nigeria’s Acting High Commissioner in South Africa, Martin Cobham is working in close partnership with the Consul-General in Johannesburg, Godwin Adama in liaison with the leadership of the Nigerian community and relevant officials of the South African Government, to ensure that the situation does not escalate.

“Meanwhile, the ministry calls on the South African authorities to continue to take firm measures to maintain law and order, including the security of lives and property in the country such that Nigerians and other foreigners in South Africa may continue to go about their normal businesses without let or hindrance,” the statement added.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/23/fresh-attacks-on-nigerians-in-safrica-not-xenophobic-says-fg/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 11:10am On Mar 23, 2017
Please can someone help? I have admission for Msc at University of KwaZulu Natal to start by July. But I am yet to apply for visa, I have finance issues. I need to pay for health insurance as part of documents needed. but as of now I've only raised 100000 naora which is far from 126720 estimated for 4224 rands. I want to ask if I can wait till first week of April to apply or is there anyone who could help me. so as to apply by next week. I will be ready to provide you all documents of my admission. please help a brother in need
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Maitommi: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hello, I have a training to do for like 2 weeks. What type of visa do I apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by userpc: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hello guys, I submit visitors VISA on Thursday 9th March 2017 ... I was told i my visa will be ready in 3 to 5 working days ... this is the 10th working day and am yet to receive any SMS from VFS... what should I do ?....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2017
otunbabadok:
Please can someone help? I have admission for Msc at University of KwaZulu Natal to start by July. But I am yet to apply for visa, I have finance issues. I need to pay for health insurance as part of documents needed. but as of now I've only raised 100000 naora which is far from 126720 estimated for 4224 rands. I want to ask if I can wait till first week of April to apply or is there anyone who could help me. so as to apply by next week. I will be ready to provide you all documents of my admission. please help a brother in need
Hello Otunba? how are you? Please if you do not have money don't come to university KwaZulu-Natal because if you can't finish your MSc in one year you will pay for the second year plus medical insurance. Don't forget your accommodation too. Bro think very well before coming to SA. You can not raise any money here. Do your homework very well brother before leaving Nigeria. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2017
bushbar:
please you guys should clear me,
I have a fiancee who is from SA, she want me to come over for us to get married,, pls what kinda of visa should I apply for, am how will her invitation look like (what and what will she include in the invitation ) how much is SA visa,ticket , and BTA .
please I need urgent answers, thanks
Brother, don't waste your time and money coming to SA because of a woman, with your questions I can see you don't have money to come and marry in SA. Accommodation in SA and other part of the world are expensive. If you eventually marry her you will wait for 5years before you can get PR. Ask her to make enquiries for you in home affairs. Please don't mind me but follow my word. Thanks

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.